Menu
Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts
reviews & complaints

www.gurnick.edu

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.1 9 Reviews

Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
7 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
Claimed
Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts has claimed their business profile
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
File a complaint

Sort by:

Newest Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts reviews & complaints

T
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts ain't interested in educating its students properly

Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts ain't interested in educating its students properly. The teachers are a total mess, no organization or professionalism whatsoever. The curriculum is all over the place, always changing without warning. The administration and teachers can't seem to agree on anything. They expect way too much from working adults, it's just not realistic. The vibe there is super toxic, with the teachers always threatening to kick you out for the smallest mistakes. They're only after your cash, they don't give a damn if you actually pass or do well.

R
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts This place is terrible

This place is terrible. They just want your money! Before finishing my degree and graduating, our class was taken to a room to do our paperwork. One of those forms we had to sign was an agreement that we have no outstanding balance before graduating. If there's any balance due, we can't graduate and take our boards exam. Fast forward two years later, I receive a letter saying I owe an outstanding balance and if I don't pay it, it's going to collections. It's been two years and they're only now trying to contact me. I called and tried to ask how is that even possible. The director, program director, and financial aid advisors talked to us and met with us individually before finishing the program. The lady was no help. Basically telling me I can pay it or it's going to collections. Avoid this school at all costs. They want to drain your money.

E

Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts I graduated from the school in 2014

I graduated from the school in 2014. I still owed tuition, so my completion application was held and not sent to the state for my License for Vocational Nursing. They have been paid for a few years now, and they still have not sent my application to the state. I have made numerous calls pre-COVID, and still no call back. I have faxed and mailed letters, but still no response.

Hide full review

Is Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

The age of Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Gurnick.edu has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Gurnick.edu has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Several users have reported concerns about the legitimacy of Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts as a job board or recruiter. We suggest that you proceed with caution when using this website and thoroughly research any job opportunities or offers before providing personal information.

Several positive reviews for Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

We looked up Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 7 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
O
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts I used to be a student at Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts and now I'm finally ready to take the NCLEX exam

I used to be a student at Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts and now I'm finally ready to take the NCLEX exam. At the start of the pandemic, I went to the school in person to request my nursing record, but I never received any notification about it. Whenever I manage to reach someone at Gurnick, they give me different responses or simply ignore me. I believe it's only fair for Gurnick to cover the expenses of the NCLEX exam, considering their lack of transparency in the process, as well as their mishandling of financial aid and failure to take action when students reported physical reprimands by a specific professor.

L
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts I'm currently studying at Gurnick Academy for their nursing program

I'm currently studying at Gurnick Academy for their nursing program. I got a loan from *** in July, which was sent to the school in the same month. The loan covers half of my tuition for the year, and the other half is meant for my living expenses. It's now November, and I still haven't received my living expenses refund. Financial aid hasn't been returning my calls, and the school keeps giving me different people to contact about the refund. The last person I spoke to said they were preparing my check, but that was 2 weeks ago. I've been calling and emailing every day, but no one has responded. My classmates received their refund in September, and I've been paying interest to *** since August.

S
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts I attended a class at Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts and let me tell you, it was quite the experience

I attended a class at Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts and let me tell you, it was quite the experience. They charge you over $1000 for this class, which is already a lot of money. The class itself is very intense and difficult, and it's all done online in a short amount of time. The quizzes are given online too, but their program doesn't always work properly. It freezes or kicks you out, and by the time you're able to take the quiz, you're not even prepared anymore. You end up wasting about 20 tries just to get into the program, and by that point, you're not ready to take the test. On top of that, they put a lot of pressure on you with time constraints and monitoring. It's really stressful.

And let's talk about their grading system. In college, a 70% is considered a passing grade for biology class. But at Gurnick, they demand a higher grade. They expect you to get 80% or better, which is really discouraging. I don't understand why they have such high expectations. It just adds to the frustration.

Oh, and did I mention how expensive this place is? It's definitely not cheap. Overall, I have mixed feelings about my experience at Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts.

R
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts I'm currently a student at Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts

I'm currently a student at Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts. I couldn't find the *** campus on ComplaintsBoard.com, so I chose ***. My complaint is about the *** location. The financial aid department doesn't respond or return calls anymore. The assistant campus director, *** Kheusida, also doesn't return my calls or emails. They told me that my financial aid would be processed, but it still hasn't happened. The front desk keeps transferring me to different voicemails. I want someone to look into this because I'm paying for the services and education provided by this school, but I can't get a response or acknowledgement of my emails or calls. I'm really upset and I don't think any business should ignore their clients. They have a responsibility to help their students, but they seem to have neglected that and won't follow up on the agreed-upon services.

H
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts I am actually complaining about the Concord campus, but they don't have a profile, so San Mateo is the main location

I am actually complaining about the Concord campus, but they don't have a profile, so San Mateo is the main location. I applied for a student loan for personal use in September. They told me in October that my check would be issued and I could pick it up in 3 days. I have been calling, emailing, etc., but I can never get someone on the phone. They keep telling me to wait 30 days, but we are currently at 60 days. They have refused to give me my money. All they keep telling me is to wait another 30 days. It is currently November, and I still don't have a date when I can come pick up my check of my own money that I applied for. I also asked them for a receipt of all the money I paid to them for my tuition three weeks ago, and they have yet to give me this information. They have basically held my money that I applied for for no reason at all. When I call the office, they either tell me that the financial aid office is busy in a meeting or on vacation. For the last two months, I have written emails including the head of financial aid, the assistant director, and the director of the Concord campus, and still no results. I am at this point frustrated that I have school expenses and no money. The school requires us to pay a lot of money out of pocket for things like parking when we go to clinicals and other class expenses. This is hindering my education and making it very difficult to succeed after paying all this money.

M
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts I'm currently a student at Gurnick in the *** campus

I'm currently a student at Gurnick in the *** campus. I gotta say, they're way too expensive for what they offer in terms of education. They take advantage of us working folks by charging extra for evening classes. The teachers barely teach, but they sure do pile on the homework. We have to buy our own skills book, and on top of that, they keep adding more work through ATI, which was supposed to be a guide, not the whole foundation. It feels like we're teaching ourselves, so a lot of us just skip the reading and go straight to the required assignments to save our grades. But that means we're not really learning what we need to. And if you miss a class, they give you even more work to make up for it, on top of the already heavy workload. They're so unrealistic and inconsiderate when it comes to homework and reading. And don't even get me started on ***. Honestly, I think Gurnick students graduate from the *** program without the right skills and knowledge because of how this program is set up. I paid a lot of money for this, and I was expecting more hands-on experience, not a program where I have to teach myself most of the time while the teachers just skim through the topics. They're so contradictory, trying to run it like a college with projects, but not giving us a break from assignments for those projects. I've been to a bunch of colleges and private colleges over the years, and this is the first time I feel like the education doesn't match the price or the profession. I'm worried that a lot of us are just going through the motions and will graduate without the essential knowledge to do our jobs properly and confidently. Health care facilities where many students are currently working have even said that Gurnick produces the least skilled graduates for the *** program. That's a big concern for me.

Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts Customer Reviews Overview

Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts is a reputable institution that offers a wide range of healthcare programs. With campuses located in California, this academy has garnered positive reviews from students and professionals in the medical field.

One of the standout features of Gurnick Academy is its experienced faculty. Many students have praised the instructors for their extensive knowledge and dedication to teaching. The faculty members at Gurnick Academy are experts in their respective fields, ensuring that students receive top-notch education and guidance.

Another positive aspect of Gurnick Academy is its hands-on approach to learning. Students have mentioned that the academy provides ample opportunities for practical training, allowing them to apply their knowledge in real-world scenarios. This practical experience is highly valued by employers, giving Gurnick Academy graduates an edge in the job market.

Furthermore, Gurnick Academy offers a variety of healthcare programs to suit different career goals. Whether you are interested in nursing, medical assisting, ultrasound technology, or other healthcare fields, Gurnick Academy has a program that can help you achieve your aspirations. The academy's comprehensive curriculum and state-of-the-art facilities ensure that students receive a well-rounded education.

Additionally, Gurnick Academy has a strong network of industry connections. Many students have mentioned the academy's partnerships with local healthcare facilities, which provide valuable internship and job placement opportunities. This network helps students establish professional connections and enhances their chances of securing employment after graduation.

Overall, Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts has received positive reviews for its experienced faculty, hands-on learning approach, diverse program offerings, and industry connections. If you are looking for a reputable institution to pursue a career in the medical field, Gurnick Academy is definitely worth considering.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts Customer Service. Initial Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts. Discuss the issues you have had with Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.