IndiatodaybookclubBig CONTEST SCAM running by India Today Book Club

Payment Date: 12th Mar. 2017 & 13th Mar. 2017
Item: Samsung OMNI Pro B730 Mobile & Philips Home Theatre
Sales Person: Mr.Asim & Miss.Lila

Hi!

I like to inform you all that India Today Book Club is a BIG BIG SCAM Company and now they are with Contest SCAM!

They are running more that Rs.10Lacs Contest and for the same they and their sales peosons call you and tell you that you are guranteed winner of Rs.10, 000 or Rs.30, 000 or Rs.2Lac + price! And to confirm and get your price you required to purchase a product from them.

They call you many time + after purchase the next day other person from their sales team again call you and give you more (higher) amount of winning confirmation and again tell you to purchase new product!

They tell that you get your winning price on 31st Mar.2017 by Check OR DD.

I also received this type of phone call. First their sales team member Mr.Asim tell me that I am in Top 10 Winner List and I guranteed get Rs.10, 000 Price if I place order. After 2-3 times his confirmation I place a Order for Samsung Omni Pro B730 Mobile. He confirm me that I get winning price confirmation within 15-20min of my purchase payment. I paid using ICICI Bank Credit Card.

But I not get any winning price confirmation on same day!

Again their sales team member Miss.Lila call me on next day and tell me that I am now selected for Rs.30, 000 guranteed price! And now I am Top 5 list. She also confirm me that I get this change because One day back I placed a order for mobile. I tell her that I required winning confirmation details and she give me assurance that I definatly get winning details within 20min of my new order payment. So, again I place a new order for Philips Home Theatre system.

But I not get any email in 12-24hrs! And again on next day their team member call me that I am now winner of Rs.2Lac+ price!!! So, first I tell him to confirm my Rs.30, 000 price by email. But he said that they have no user rights to send email! Also he tell me that their all phone calls are recorded by IndiaTodayBookClub for security purpost and I guranteed get Rs.2 Lacs price. But I not place new order and send email to their all team members on "[protected]@indiatodaybookclub.com;[protected]@indiatodaybookclub.com;[protected]@indiatodaybookclub.com;ashish.[protected]@intoday.com;[protected]@intoday.com;[protected]@intoday.com;Kiranjyot.[protected]@intoday.com;malcolm.[protected]@intoday.com;mohan.[protected]@intoday.com;Neeti.[protected]@intoday.com;Nidhi.[protected]@intoday.com;payal.[protected]@intoday.com;photo.[protected]@intoday.com;prabhdev.[protected]@intoday.com;pragya.[protected]@intoday.com;[protected]@intoday.com;[protected]@intoday.com;sunil.[protected]@intoday.com;Tb.[protected]@intoday.com" with all details.

I get reply from Mr.Piyush that "With reference to your mail we would like to inform you that your both orders [protected] & [protected] is under process from our end we request you that kindly wait for some days you will receive the same soon." BUT NO Winning Price details !!!

So, Again I send email and tell them to confirm my winning price. Because I only place this both order get winning money.

I get reply after 2 days from Sonia that "We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. With reference to your mail, we would like to inform you that we are not providing any cash prize along with the order." !!!

So, I send email and tell them that I also recorded all this three phone calls and I have recording of this all 3 phone calls. If I not get confirmation within next 48hrs than I am going to file a consumar case against their company.

After thsi step they start calling me on my cell and tell me that its not possible to confirm winning amount by email! But I get Rs.10, 000 guranteed price! So, I tell them that I req. Rs.30, 000 and also required price confirmation by email.

After thsi their team head call me and tell me that they are sorry for all this and they are going to take step against their sales team member. But this is not true that I get price! Its a compition and I just get entry by placing order!

Means this all is a BIG cheating!

So, I tell them that I am not at-all intrested in product. And I want refund.

Still they send me a Phillips home theater ! But I not accepted it and return it.

They still not refunded my amount to credit card. But my credit card provider "ICICI Bank" team confirm me that if I not get refund that they process my charge back.

It's my luck that I paid using Credit Card PLUS I recorded their phone call! Otherwise nothing !

It's better to purchase from local shop insted of this types of cheating sites. They are running BagItToday site with same types of offers. But if you search google you get many scam case against them!

This both site are from IndiaToday Group of people but both are BIG Fraud site. I don't understand why this type of Big Group done this Fraud with Indian People!

Their sales team members are very smart. On selling time they offer you many offers or contest winning or prices with your purchase. But after purchase NO ONE ans you! Even their support team reply and tell you that their own sales team member given you wrong details! This is only if you send them many emails OR call them many times. Otherwise nothing!

You loose your money + valuable time + Did not get product or get wrong product + Not get gift or price as per their offer!

So, be careful and DO NOT PLACE any order...

Check my personal BLOG for complain search and latest complains @ http://indiatodaybookclubandbagittoday.blogspot.com/

Thanks for reading...

Regards,

Siddharth Shah

Narasimhan Dec 21, 2010

Each and everyday, I am receiving 5 to 10 messages to my cell phone no.[protected]. And also receiving advertising mails to my E-mail ID: [email protected] It is very disturbing to do my regualar duties. So please don't send any SMS or e mail above mentioned cell and ID. It is very helpful to do my regular duties without disturbance.
    By S. NARASIMHAN

• Ci
    citiz Aug 12, 2010

You can file a complaint with the consumer affairs ministry.

madhur.a. borate Jul 15, 2010

THIS IS REGARDING THE FREE HOLIDAY PACKAGE, AND CASH BACK OFFER .

This is to the notice that, earlier i had read a add in the news paper regarding reebok kit for 2599 containing
    a lot of things, for which i called them up and purchased it, which was on april 1st week and i stiil did not recived it, , , , , after which i got a call from them for a holiday package, any where in india for 2n/3d which i did buy . that also two, for me n my friend finding it cheap, after which they lured me into a DIAMOND GIFT VOUCHER WHICH I CLEARLY REJECTED,
    THEN THEY TOLD ME YOU CAN buy a jewellry worth 500 rs and collect the rest in cash, which i still rejected
    the sales person went ahead, and transfferd my call to his senior who told me i would get acash back offer at that moment on my credit card, and i purchased, bit finally none came,
    after a tme i did get three package from them 2 containig the books, n one reebok kit which was free with the diamond voucher, now i did nt no abt the download of form and send to banglore, then get the holiday form then send it with 800 RS DD and then send then they will call u n confirm which should take approx 40 days according to them, acoording to us 90 days and still now no response, i have send the request form, but no answer ...

why cant we do any thing regarding this SO BIG BLUFFMASTER, AS we can also ask for the VOICE RECORDED CONVERSATION FROM THEM as in court which the company has, , ,

order no - oga100017038 INVOICE DATE 02 /06/2017

ORDER NO OGA100017037 INVOICE DATE 02/06/2017

THESE ARE THE TWO ORDERS IHAD PURCHASED OUT OF FOUR, OF HOLIDAY VOUCHER I HAD PURCHASED, ITHOUGHT
    but actually ipurchased the book set on which the holiday voucher were free which actually has a lengthy procedure than hell

so i suggest u jst stay away, and if u have fallen into this lets jst go to the COURT AND GET THEM THERE TO

if any one wishes to contact [email protected] pls snd me a mail or call [protected] from pune. thankyou

• Te
    Tee Televenture Dec 03, 2009

Hi,
    Myself Pradeep Gandotra Web No. [protected], [protected] and unique no. are 226100305A090072435, 226841605A090072788 respectivily I got delevery for the same you are requested to pl send free gift of air ticket and holiday package voucher and inform me at my mail Id - [email protected], [email protected] also on Mob - [protected]. I have also book two an other orders on same day Web No. [protected] and Web No. forgot pl arrange the forgottten web no.

Regards
    Pradeep Gandotra
    Mob - [protected]

• Ki
    kingmoinuddin Nov 23, 2009

I had earlier given complaint with regard to the 3 sets of same books sent to me and I have sent e-mails and even called the number furnished to me to no avail and I was sent an e-mail asking me to sent the entire set of parcel on 05-11-'09 and promptly I had sent the books with xerox copy order with a fond hope that the concern will help me out but so far I have not been contacted either on phone or by e-mail. I am ardent follower of your magzine but the cheap tricks which are being played on members is highly depricable and needs to be attended promptly.<br />
    <br />
    The invoice numbers vide which the books of 3 sets were sent are: OGA090071251, OGA090071252, OGA090071253 & OGA090071256 amounting to Rs.9, 594/-. <br />
    <br />
    Despite sending mails and calling over the phone, the persons in-charge have not even bothered to respond to my requests.<br />
    <br />
    I have send emails to response.com but so far no response is forthcoming from your side.<br />
    <br />
    I have no option left if the attitude of your persons continues to be that of ignoring a valuable member but to take legal action for the cheap tricks played on me.<br />
    <br />
    I have sent the entire parcel by paying Rs.700/- and the people at your end had the audacity to refuse taking the delivery of the same and the courier guy is insisting payment of return parcel.<br />
    <br />
    This type of attitude is highly objectionable and indiatoday book club which has got a high reputation is be degraded by incompetent persons handling the entire marketing.<br />
    <br />
    I am giving this last opportunity to you people to adhere to my request or else, I am going to initiate legal action against you.<br />
    Regards<br />
    Syed Moinuddin

narayana ravikiran Sep 21, 2009

Hi,

I had booked the order (order no ORA090064403) at 'India today book club' for Samsung Marine Mobile (b2100) against free gift offer of Family Holiday Package Worth Rs.5000/- + Round Air tickets Free + Rs.5000/- worth Home shop 18 vouchers as per the verbal confirmation of your executive while booking the order.

The parcel I received was only having mobile phone and the ‘Family holiday home package, air ticket and home shope 18 vouchers are not delivered’.

I emailed the company and they asked me to ‘visit the below mentioned bookstoday.in/promos.htm link to claim your free gifts. After 15 days daily contacting and lodging the complaint stating that your unique code no which you have provided in the invoice is not in a active state and concerned benefits are not delivered to my address they activated my secret code no. But not mentioned about my Home shope 18 vouchers.

When I visited the link, I came to know that for holiday package they have put such conditions that some one decides then also he cannot availed the offer and the same thing is apply for the Air tickets.
    Also the payment Rs 800 is required for Holiday package and payment of taxes is required for Air ticket, which was not mentioned in the initial offer flyer. They had cheated and not informed me this condition in any stage of my booking the order through mail or verbal manner.

The terms & conditions they are asking me to follow for free gifts are informed me after I have accepted the delivery of samsung mobile consignment. Legally I am not bound to follow any of such condition.

The free gift what they are saying is a totally misguiding to the customers.

I have maintained copies of all communication between ‘India today book club’ and me. I am expecting my money back with harassment compensation and company to stop such cheating marketing policy.

Its my a very very bad & worst experience with indiatodaybookclub ...

I also told them that I am going to post complain against them on forums and your site but nothing! They have NO time to reply or response after payment. Only searching for new buyers...

Very BAD...

Hope to get my full money + courier charges return fast... OR I am going to file a consumer case against this cheater people of India Today Book Club.

I was extremely disappointed with the service I received till day. If you would please address this issue with your concerned autorities, I would greatly appreciate it. I will forward this message to other people saying that you wont enjoy shopping at your store, however if I receive no response from your end, I will try to shut down your ugly business.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Regards,

Ravikiran
    [protected]

Comments

• Su
    suprith Jul 25, 2009

i am also facing similar problem. i have received my package after 3 months that too with fresh order no again. ORA090056867TS but the holiday voucher for rs 5000 is missing. they gave me 19 digit no to be entered into the site after calling them for 4 times. but the site never worked. i am doubtful abt the genuity of the offers they make. request them to take an immediate action.

• Ni
    Nish Mar 24, 2009

I received a mail on my rediff id (nishdcooldude) that I am one of the lucky Indians to have got into the finals to win Rs.60lakh . I have also got my passcode now . What does all this mean & what I have to do ahead to win ?

anand Jan 27, 2009

I have recieved a 20 devotional CDs by VPP but with the unique no and invoice no on the sales reciept enclosed with the product, i couldnt log on to the free gift site. i phoned them, and they gave a new unique no and invoice no using my membership ID with which i can get the printout of the claim from the internet. But then for the free holiday room booking, I require to submit the old invoice and the claim printout both showing different invoice numbers. I donot know what will happen now.

Nayana Prakash Nov 15, 2008

ITBC08636654

Mallika Oct 07, 2008

I was confirmed as a distinguished member of Rs. 60, 00, 000 sweepstakes and I was asked to pay Rs.2599/- through credit card to place an order for 16 musical CDs. The offer also stated that by placing the offer for musical CDs, I will receive an adidas shoe free of cost. I have placed the order and made payment for Rs.2599/- through credit card (My Order is : MITBC-WEB-0827262) on 19th September. I have neither received the CDs nor the adidas shoe whereas the credit card payment has been promptly deducted. I now wonder whether I have been cheated by Indiatoday Book club.

• Gh
    Ghanshyam Umre Sep 30, 2008

I have received the cd along with the invoice and letter stating that to enter the invoice number in the particular site but i have not find any invoice number to enter my number in order to receive the free gift kindly look into the matter urgently.

My invoice no. ORA080068841 DATED 27 TH AUG.2017

• Av
    Avin Hadke Sep 26, 2008

Sir/M'm, I've recieved books from you which I'd placed order for (invoice no.ORA080189055, and invoice no.ORA08005455) and each time you provided me a web_id and adviced by you to log on to claim free gifts but i don't know whats the problem with your settings, i couldn't log in with your id and membership no.. Twice you've adviced me to claim free gift, does it meant that i am entitled for two gifts? if it is so then please send my two free gifts.My memebeship no is_ITBC08561460.Please do the needful as im waiting impatiently.

• Vk
    V.K.Boominathan Sep 08, 2008

I too face the same problem.
    while I have posted the entry form for shoes, I am unable to log on to the website u have provided to get info. about the offer on holidays.
    kindly do the need ful.