India Today Group company logo
India Today Group
reviews & complaints
India Today Group
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

42 complaints
18 resolved 24 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

India Today Group reviews & complaints 41 - 42

India Today Group complaints 42

India Today Group - Order NotDelivered

Dear All,

I have ordered a pair of reebok shoes from Bagittoday (India Today Group) on 29th Nov. 2009. The site has committed me a free gift of a wrist watch with this order. The order costs Rs. 1398.00 including delivery charges. I have done payment at the time of order by Credit Card.

I have sent lots of mails to the company mail ID ([protected]@indiatodaybookclub.com and [protected]@bagittoday.com). Everytime they have the same reason that the order has not been updated in their system. After a long struggle, they asked me the shoe size so that the order can be delivered on 10th Jan 2010. I replied on the same day. On 12th Jan 2010, they sent me a mail stating that the order is in process with order no. is BAGITTODAY/0GA100000542. After this mail, whenever I ask the update for that order, they reply with the reason that the order is in process, please wait for 10-12 days.

Still I am receiving mails from [protected]@irctc.co.in to order the same thing which I have already ordered and not delivered to me.

Now, It is around 3 months when I placed the order and I have not received any good response from India Today Group.

The details of the order are :

Your order has been placed, here are the details:

Billing Id:[protected]

Date:[protected]:29:06.0

Mode of payment: Credit Card/Debit Card

Total transaction amount:1398.0

I need your intervention and help. Please look into it. I will be very much thankful to you and your team.

Sourabh Goel

Mobile : +91-[protected]

E-mail : [protected]@yahoo.co.in

Jun 14, 2007

Bestsellers Books & CDs starting AT Re 1/-. I selected the ones I liked and then paid online as India Today is a well reputed Magazine and they have a book club. I have followed up by mail to them, but haven't got any response!

P

I paid Rs.2598to Indiatodaybook for my parcel of CD'S but still i didnt got my free gifts...

When i contact them they gave me one emailadress which was not opening only...

please help me in this matter

Parineeta

India Today Group - not received the products

I ordered for a holiday packaje through your call center exe.and payment has been made through my credit card on 30/10/2009. I had rec. my booking i.d through sms and over phone from the call center exe. my booking id is [protected] and he told me that if in case i will not rec. my documents along with the free gifts i can call their call center no. 011-[protected] any time i call their, their is ni response in that no they kept the phone in hold sittuation. I had rec. the sms from book club with the detail of my order no- OGA090072786 amounting rs. 3198.00 which i had already paid along with c.n.no of bluedart - [protected] DT. 2.11.2009. BUT TILL TODAY I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY THING. I REQUEST THE PERSON WHO IS CONERNED WITH THIS TO SEND ME MY PRODUCT OR RETURN BACK MY MONEY OR I HAVE TO FILE A CHEATING CASE AGAINST INDIA TODAY BOOK CLUB IF I WILL NOT REC. WITHIN 7 DAYS OF THIS MAIL.

REGARDS

PAWAN KHATUWALA

EMAIL ID- [protected]@yahoo.com

We have come across your on line complaint on

We have gone through your complaint, we would like to inform you that we have forwarded your complain to our concerned department. We request you to kindly wait for few days. You will receive the same soon.

We value your association with India Today Book Club and thank you for your patronage & co-operation.

For any further query or assistance please feel free to write us on [email protected]

or call us at 011-[protected].

We would request you to kindly mention this subject: ONLINE COMPLAINTS whenever you e-mail us for quicker response.

India Today Group - Cancellation of order and refund of money

Sir,

My complaint against India Today Book Club

My name :V.PANDU RANGANATH

MEMBER ID: ITBC08379816

BOOKING ORDER ID : [protected] booked on 27/10/2009 for a package for Rs. 5298/- where in the package was for one 10.0 megapixel camera, One DVD player, one Raybun sunglasses, a three nights and two days stay for five adults in a star hotel. after 15 days of my booking I called upon the customer care of India Today Book Club and on having conversation with india today book club executive @13.30 hrs. on 07/11/2009 I was estonished to hear that the offer which was stated to me over telephone is being differed.

I was told by their executive on the date of booking (27/10/2009) that a 10 megapixel camera + raybun sunglasses + DVD player(PHILIPS) and a 3 night and two days stay in star hotel for five adults, but on 07/11/2009 when I talked to their executive I came to know that the earlier stated offer is being differed, and Iam not being given the DVD player and only two adults with five year old child is being extended the offer to stay in star hotel.

As such I gave several e-mails to the india today book club repeatedly to inform that I do not need the offer and requested them to cancel my order and arrange to refund me the full amount which their executive promised me today.

But till date I did not receive any communication till now. So I request you to help me to get back my money from India Today Book Club please.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

V.PANDU RANGANATH

MEMBER ID: ITBC08379816

BOOKING ORDER ID : [protected].

ADVERTISIMENT

India Today Group - Booked Kodak camera through phone through credit card for R. 5698 on 12 10 09, But as on date I have not recieved the consibnment

Booked Kodak camera through phone through credit card for R. 5698 on 12 10 09, But as on date I have not recieved the consignment. My mob no is [protected], . Please look in to the matter and settle the issue.

My Email id is [protected]@gmail.com My billing transaction ID is [protected] dated 12/10/2009

The complaint made by T LAKSHMANA MURTHY has been resolved. If you have any further queries, please mail back to us on our given id:

Whenever you mail us for quicker response,

or call us on our customer care No.-

India Today Group - CHEATING N MENTAL HARASSMENT

To The Concern Persons,

Respected Sir/Madam myself Ayaz R Rangrej residing in Vadodara, Gujarat, India. I have been cheated by INDIA TODAY BOOK CLUB as they have launch some offer. The offer was about 2N 3Days package at their any of 1 destinations from 63 total number of destinations. The fees to be paid was Rs.2, 598/- as they said on phone by their executive but after the money deducted from credit card now they are keeping the terms and conditions letter in front of me. It was not said earlier by them, inspite of asking several times to their employee name Mr.Manoj. Mr.Ravinder, Mr.Yuvraj, etc. I have taken total 13 packages for my family members from them @Rs.2, 598/- each so the total comes to Rs.33, 774/- and now they are keeping all the terms and conditions with me. And they are demanding more money from me per package something Rs.8, 500/- per package. They also do have all the telephonic records with them in their system if any one wants to re-confirm the whole drama played by them. Their address in delhi is mentioned below :

NEW DELHI-110068

As being the citizen of India, I humbly request for the justice. Please help me out in this matter.

Thank You.

Ayaz R Rangrej

+[protected]

Dear Member,

Kindly provide your order details.

Please refer to the email sent to you on your id. If you have any further queries, please mail back to us on the given id:

K
Oct 20, 2009

India Today Group - Sraud selling

On 30.07.2009 I have received a call from India today book club, the number was +[protected]. The person was Mr Ram Kumar Sharma. He told me about a tour package offer from India today book club. A...

Oct 09, 2009

India Today Group - ITBC-Domestic Holiday Package & Vijayadasami Offer with Phone/Camera/HomeTheatre

I had placed 2 orders with India Today Book Club:

1. Domestic Holiday Package including a) 12 Books, b) 3 CDs, c) Return Air Tickets with Taxes for 2 Adults and 1 child and d) Stay in any of the 5-Star Hotels in India with Breakfast and Dinner.

Complaint: I have received only the books and CDs. I have not received any further information about the Holiday Package which is what was marketed by the marketing people. The agent, Rajendra-[protected], who had convinced me by giving his mobile no., had informed me that within three days of receiving the books, I will be contacted by ITBC for delivering the details of the Holiday package. But there is no such sign even after 3 weeks and he is not receiving my calls anymore.

2. Combo offer of SAMSUNG MOBILE PHONE + PHILIPS HOME THEATRE + FUJIFILM DIGITALCAMERA with all accessories.

Complaint: I have received only the phone. There is no further news about the Camera and Home Theater. I called up Dilip-[protected], the senior marketing advisor from ITBC who had dogged me for one complete week, handled this order and had given his mobile number also as an assurance. But this person received my call only once and after coming to know the reason of my call, he simply disconnected the call. He is not taking my calls anymore. When I called up the customer care, they are playing a different game by telling that there isno such offer.

I once got reply from [protected]@indiatodaybookclub.com that I have to claim my gifts from http://bookstoday.in/promos.htm. But this site shows that it is down for maintenence and that I have to login after 3 days. This condition is not changed for the past 10 days.

I have written several emails to all the available IDs: [protected]@indiatodaybookclub.com, [protected]@indiatodaybookclub.com, [protected]@indiatodaybookclub.com, [protected]@in.com and [protected]@offers.indiatodaybookclub.com. I have directly tried calling these people over phone and sent several SMSs to them to convey my concerns. But there seems to be no response of any kind from these people.

It is so surprising that these people have no limits in so conviniently cheating people and just carry on this as their day-to-day activity.

Dear Ms. Asha Shenoi

We have come across your on line complaint on

We have gone through your complaint, we request you to kindly provide us your membership number and your order number along with your complete address so that we can check the details and inform you the same.

Dear Mr.Rao,

Kindly provide the order details.

I
Jun 08, 2010

Dear Sir,

Kindly provide the order details.

R

My order number is 0GB090003555

Invoice Number is ORB090003049

Unique number is 114034115B090003049

I got my booked Item i.e 9.2 m.p kodak digital camera C-160 in which 2GB Memory card, battery charger AV cable & Camera pouch is not there in this box which is mention on the box. I have also not recieve my offer package i.e 2n & 3d holiday package and one round trip air ticket in india as per choice & a discount boucher worth Rs 3000/-.Kindly look into the matter otherwise nobody will have faith in u. You tell something and give something.

rajesh

Nov 10, 2009

I have a similar complaint. The free offers promised have to be claimed through a website that doesn't exist viz. bookstoday.in/promos.htm.

On calling the call centre, a new person answers each time and they are not willing to put your call through to a more senior staff member.

Today I am told that the website is : bookstoday.in(backslash, instead of forward slash)promos.htm. The call centre person further informed me that one shouldn't log onto it through Google but directly and that too, tomorrow, not today ! What is that supposed to mean ??? He was unwilling to spend any more time on my call.

Considering the number of increasing consumer complaints against ITBC free offers, can we not start a group and take them to the consumer court ?

G

India Today Group - Not recived Holiday Package promised

I have placed 2 orders from your India today book club for 2 holiday packages

One for 3 days and four nights for Rs. 3000+ and another one for international package for 7 days and 8 nights for Rs. 5000+

I regretfully have to bring it in your notice that I haven’t got my first order and got the second one, even for the second one at the time of buying it was promised to me that the destination includes Switzerland and I was disheartened and felt cheated to know that it wasn’t the case.

My member ship id is

Membership no: ITBC09118244

Please send me a proper contact number because the number mentioned on site 011-[protected] is not all of any use…no nobody responded on numerous call attempted there

And I am deeply frustrated about the status of my money, which I have spend is still not sure.

As there is no order id generated and smsd to me for first id I feel cheated and money has been taken from me.

Please verify the status of order as soon as possible so that I can to proceed with legal actions if needed in this case .

Gaurav Mahajan

This is in continuation to my previous letter about Fraudulent use of my credit card . If You Find out the person who has done the fraud, do report me his name, address and Contact number . Thank You .

Hello

i purchased 2 holiday packages in last september as your executive told me that if i'll buy 2 packages together, then i'll get gifts worth the total price, but till date i haven't recieved anything.

Now when i'm trying to get my booking, i'm totally dissappointed from the response. earlier when i wanted to confirm booking for july, then at last time they said that their contract with that resort in manali is over now.

Now i wanna get the booking in 1st week of august for Jaipur, yesterday i was confirmed for the booking on the phone and your executive said that i'll recieve the confirmation mail by evening that i haven't got till now. When i called today your executive said that if i want the booking in jaipur after 15th august only and when i told her that i had a talk yesterday about the confirmation and i want the booking in 1st week of august, she jus held my phone without even informing me and i'd to disconnect it after sometime as there was no response.

My id is:

My other id is:

[protected]

Please do something for me asap as you guys have spoiled my vacations

Dr. Samir Nayyar

P

Sir I have ordered for annual subscription to reader's digest book in your India today groups and paid the money through VPP of Rs.449 for a year including M.O.Commissin charge of Rs.23. First subscription copy should be send from September 2009 but still i didn't get even a single reader digest book.Please take action immediately.

Subscription Number: 09-RDIN09-RD09000177797/0-Aug’10.

With regards

Paulene lourdu

Sep 15, 2009

India Today Group - unshipped order

To,

India today book club i have placed an order for dvd Philips, Home Theatre, one Reebok wrist watch, 5000 worth of gift voucher

date of booking the order 13th july 2009 my book id is [protected] and the OGA090065587 since 3months they say they have sent it to BLUE DART and the s ame say, the consignment is missing . now is this a cheap down rated company were a the order gets missed call center cannot give the info i am a defence officer .the amount is Rs 7598. atleast give me the refund.

O

The complaint made by Mr. shreyas has been resolved. If you have any further queries, please mail back to us on our given id:

We value your association with Bag it today and thank you for your patronage & co-operation.

C
Aug 05, 2010

There is India gov site, where consumers can submit complaints.

We have come across your on line complaint on

We have gone through your complaint, we would like to inform you that your refund has been resolved from our end kindly check your credit card statement.

Bag it today

Sep 11, 2009

India Today Group - Scam :: India Today free holiday offer . Telemarketing from Delhi region

11 Sept 2009 :: 11:11 AM :: I receive call from this Number +91 [protected]. THis guy claims to be calling from INdia Today and says my name has been short listed (of course :-)) and I am eligible for...

Sep 07, 2009

India Today Group - Non receipt of Free Gifts as promosed

I bought Philips DVD Player, Home Theater and Cutlery Set from India Today Book Club and made the payment through credit card on telephone IVR. My order nos were 0GA090055456 dated 27/06/2009 for Philips DVD and Home theater and for the Cutlery Set it was 0GA090055442 dated 27/06/2009.

I was promised Free Air Travel To and Fro to any destination within next year for 2 persons and a Free Stay for 2 nights and 3 days each for both the purchases that would have given me a free Air Travel for 2 persons and a total stay of 4 nights and 6 days. I have received my goods but the free gifts are yet to be received.

However, even after two and half months of rigorous follow-up I have neither been able to claim my free gifts nor India Today Book Club has given me any convincing reply to my sevaral queries. Nobody answers the helpline telephone no. 011-[protected]. Several times I asked for a telephone no. of a senior person but to no avail. I only get a reply to my mails saying, "we are sorry for the inconvenience, we will get back to you soon.".

I wish India Today Book Club knows how to satisfy the customers and they would at least fulfill the promises made by them.

O

The complaint made by Mr. Nitin Brahma has been resolved. If you have any further queries, please mail back to us on our given id:

We have come across your on line complaint on

We have gone through your complaint, we would like to inform you that you need to claim you free gifts from our website within 60 days of invoice generating date as mentioned below:

Please visit on www.bookstoday.in/promos.htm

Fill your unique code number (printed on your invoice)

Fill your email id

Please take a printout for the terms and condition.

In case you find any difficulty please get back to us.

Bag it today.

India Today Group - Could not contact

Hi,

I have ordered the books. I got it. But I got issue when I claim free gifts.

I have tried to contact them. But the caller tune was going. customer care people were not available for 20 minutes. I have disconnect my line. I have sent mail to call me. But no response.

Is it real business? Is it geniune company? Customer satisfaction is very important. We were trying with STD calls not from local calls.

Please solve the problem immediately. Please call me.

[protected], chennai.

- joseph Gilbert

India Today Group - non receipt of ordered consignment

for Kind attn of Mr Arun Poorie

MY ITBC MEMBERSHIP NO : ITBC07318565

Kindly refer to my letter No 4763/AKP dated 23 May 09 and 05 Aug 09 and numerous complaint made on telephone to your rep whenever they contacted me & otherwise.

consignment ordered against following order No is still awaited

(a) Order No OGA090025742 dt 08 Apr 09 for Rs 1498/-

(b) Order No OGA090029021 dt 13 Apr 09 for Rs 499/-

payment for the above order have already been made through cr card and even after four months the consignment have not been delivered to me. Kindly sent me the items or else the amount paid by me be re-funded to me with interest else I will be compelled to take legal action.

An early reply and action will be expected,

from : Major Anil Kumar Pillai

Dear Sir,

Pl. find attached the long correspondance for replacement of benton watch which started troubling from 1st month onwards and it is already 5 months passed but till date i didn, t recive my watch, moreover now my mail correspondance is blocked and they didn, t reply also, so what to do... i request u to give my money Rs1498 + Rs.260 Speed post charges for two times to repay me at the earliest.

Thanks

'

Andamans

Dear Ms.Jagriti

India Today Book Club

This is the last reminder for my watch, it has already 4 months passed to replace my watch and i have no option left behind except knocking the doors of judiciary.

Rgds

satinder dubey

Sent: Fri, 6 November, 2009 10:51:04 AM

Dear Member,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

In this regard we would like to inform you that we have already forwarded your complaint to our concerned department for urgent dispatch, we request you kindly wait for some more as soon as you will get a positive response from our side.

Once again we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

We will be happy to render any further assistance or clarification that you may require.

Your valuable association with the India Today Book Club means a lot to us.

Assure you of our best possible services always.

For further queries, please feel free to get back to us or Call us on our Helpline Number (011-[protected], 9:30 AM TO 6:30 PM, all 7 days) or Write to us at:

Warm Regards,

Jagriti

Sent: [protected]:43

Dear Ms. Prachi,

I am satisfied with ur answer, as 10 days back it has been told that my watch has been despatched but, now ur saying u have forwarded the complaint. then i have go for litigation.

Mr. Praveen is well aware of this matter

Sent: Thu, 5 November, 2009 11:19:49 AM

Dear Member,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

In this regard we would like to inform you that we have forwarded your complaint to our concerned department for urgent dispatch, we request you kindly wait for some more working days.

Once again we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Your valuable association with the India Today Book Club means a lot to us.

Warm Regards,

Prachi

Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2009 5:06 PM

Dear Mr. Praveen,

It is already more than 7 days gone, i didn't receive any watch?

Sent: Tue, 27 October, 2009 12:36:15 AM

Dear member,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you in this regard.

With reference to your mail we would like to inform you that your order has come back to us and your order is re dispatch from our side which is now under processed but we ensure you that you will receive your parcel very soon from our side.

For further queries, please feel free to call us on our Helpline Number (011-[protected] or, 9:30 AM TO 6:30 PM, all 7 days)

Thanks & Regards

PRAVEEN

Sent: Monday, October 26, 2009 12:13 PM

Cc: [email protected]

Dear Mr.Praveen /CHETAN ARYA

I would like to request u to go through the below mentioned copied mail which has been sent by u dated 18.10.2009 in which u have said the complaint has been sent to the concened department . I would like to ask that after 8 days has been past u didn't got any response from ur concerned department and again the same mail u have copied to me saying the same song. I am making correspondance from last 2 months.

The watch which i has sent to u for replacement is more than 2 months back.

In this regard it is to inform that if i did not got my watch replaced within 10 days then i will file a writ petition for cheating in the Consumer forum against ur INDIA TODAY BOOK CLUB

Rgds.

[protected]

RE: RE: beneton watch / sunglass -reg.

Sun, 18 October, 2009 12:30:43 PM

From:

Response

View Card

To:

Dear Member,

Thanks for your mail to us.

With reference to your mail, we would like to inform you that your complaint has been forwarded to our concerned department as soon as we get revert we will get back to you.

Assure you of our best possible services always.

We shall be happy to render any further assistance or clarification that you may require.

For further queries, please feel free to get back to us or Call us on our Helpline Number (011-[protected] [protected] toll free, 9:30 AM TO 6:30 PM, all 7 days) or write to us at:

CHETAN ARYA

Sent: Sun, 25 October, 2009 5:51:39 AM

Dear Member,

Thanks for your mail to us.

Praveen

Sent: Saturday, October 24, 2009 11:31 AM

To: response (ITBC)

Subject: Fw: RE: beneton watch / sunglass -reg.

Reminder - 2

Sent: Fri, 16 October, 2009 5:28:19 PM

Dear Mr.Praveen

Executive-Customer Relations

India Today Book Club

Thanx, for the mail, if you the see the date of despatch of my benton watch you can see it is more than a month, then how much more time u need to get ur database update and then to cange with a new watch

I am really upst with ur response, in this way i am sorry to say that u will loose ur creditibilty

kindly update me at an early date.

Rgds

satinder

Sent: Thu, 10 September, 2009 5:42:11 PM

Dear Member,

We thank you for your mail to us.

With reference to your mail we would like to inform you that we might have

received your parcel but not yet updated in our database so we request

kindly provide us some more working days for the same.

We value your association with India Today Book Club and thank you for your

patronage & co-operation.

For further queries, please feel free to get back to us at

[email protected] or for any query please call us at 011-

[protected] or SMS ITBC to 52424 or write to us at,

Praveen

Executive-Customer Relations

-----Original Message-----

From: Satinder Dubey [mailto:satinde[email protected]]

Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 11:37 AM

To: response (ITBC)

Subject: Fw: RE: beneton watch / sunglass -reg.

Reminder -

still waiting to hear from u...

satinder

--- On Tue, 8/9/09, Satinder Dubey wrote:

> To: "Response"

> Date: Tuesday, 8 September, 2009, 5:11 PM

> Dear Mr. Praveen,

> With reference to ur email i have sent my beneton

> watch by speed post to the below mentioned

> address: on 02/9/2009 vide speed post docket no.

> EW158982375IN

> SARAI

> NEW

> DELHI-110068

> But, i

> was strange to see that my parcel has been returened back to

> me yesterday (7.9.2009).with the remarks the addresse is not

> found, I would like to request u to kindly intervene in

> the matter to check the docket no. from the local post

> office our your locality.

> Waiting

> for ur response.

> Thanking

> u

> With

> --- On Sun, 16/8/09, Response

> Date: Sunday, 16 August, 2009, 4:08 PM

> We apologize for

> the inconvenience caused to you.

> With reference

> to your mail we would like to inform you

> that when you send back the parcel now you have to

> spend the money but once when you send the receipt on

> currier then that would be given back to you.

> As far as model is

> concern that can not be exchanged.

> We request you to

> kindly wait for some time while we are checking at our end

> that your parcel has returned back to us or not.

> Once again we

> sincerely apologize for the inconvenience cause to

> you.

> Assure you of our

> best possible services always.

> For further

> August 14, 2009 6:27 PM

> Subject: RE:

> Ms.Jagriti

> I will be

> thankfull if you could guide me on the following

> points:

> 1) The charges for the

> courier will be borne by your office or

> not.

> 2) Is there any

> exchange offer for any other model, so that i can get a new

> model, in liue of my this beneton watch (like reebok etc)

> .

> 3) How my time does it

> will take to complete the whole episode.

> With warm wishes of

> Indenpendence day in advance.

> thanks

> --- On Fri, 7/8/09, Response

> Date: Friday, 7 August, 2009, 11:51 AM

> We apologize for

> the inconvenience caused to you.

> With reference to

> your mail we request you that kindly send the parcel back to

> us on the address given below along with the photocopy of

> the invoice and an intimation letter giving the details of

> your requirement. We will send you fresh parcel as

> replacement as soon as possible.

> B-47, Indira

> Enclave, Neb Sarai

> New

> Delhi-

> 110068.

> We once again

> apologize for the inconvenience.

> We value our

> customer and trust that you enjoy our

> products.

> Your valuable

> association with the India Today Book Club

> means a lot to us.

> Assure you of our

> best possible services always.

> For further

> queries, please feel free to get back to us or Call us on

> our Helpline Number (011-[protected] or [protected] toll free,

> 9:30 AM TO 6:30 PM, and all 7 days)

> Jagriti

> --- On Thu, 6/8/09, Response

> Date: Thursday, 6 August, 2009, 7:15

> AM

> We apologize for the

> inconvenience caused to you.

> With reference to your

> mail we request you that kindly provide us your membership

> number and your order number along with your complete

> address so that we can check the details and inform you the

> same.

> Waiting for your

> revert.

> We value our customer

> and trust that you enjoy our products.

> Your valuable

> association with the India Today Book Club

> means a lot to us.

> Assure you of our best

> possible services always.

> For further queries,

> please feel free to get back to us or Call us on our

> Helpline Number (011-[protected] or [protected] toll free,

> 9:30 AM TO 6:30 PM, and all 7 days)

> Amit

> Kumar

> Sent:

> Wednesday, August 05, 2009 6:11 PM

> Subject:

> Dear Sir/

> Madam,

> I had purchased a

> beneton watch/sunglass from living media ( india today) for

> Rs. 1498/- on 8 May 2009 and the transaction has been made

> by credit card. but, after receiving the product the watch

> started giving problem it always goes slow and now it is

> totally stopped.

> Thanks &

F
Dec 28, 2008

India Today Group - Online complaints

The complaint made by Mr. Ajay, has been resolved. If you have any further queries, please mail back to us on our given id: [protected]@indiatodaybookclub.com Would request you to kindly...

India Today Group - I want telugu India Today

Dear Sir,

I'm A Venkateswara Rao having ICICI Credit Card bearing No. [protected] and residential or postal address is H.No. 8-30, Sri Sai Nilayam, Srinivasanagar-2, HMT Chintal, Secunderabad-500054 and my mobile no. is [protected]. I have paid one year subscription of Rs. 780/- (Rupees Seven hundred and eighty only). I'm receiving India Today Magazines also. But I want Telugu language India Today magazines. You are sending only English versions of India Today Magazines. But some of my family members unable to read English version. That is why I'm requesting you please send me Telugu version India Today books from next issue onwards.

Please do the needful.

Thanking you,

With regards,

Venkateswara Rao Achanta

M

India Today Group - Mega Prize Draw of 25,00,000

Mr. Sameer Gupta Sir, I Mr. Amrut Raj got a letter from India Today regarding the the draw of 25, 00, 000, whose result was supposed to be published in India Today Magazine in April 21st 2008...

Apr 11, 2008

India Today Group - Subscription discripancy (ITE17412)

I have been talking to wecare (INDIA TODAY)regarding my subscription no ITE17412 for several times. But I am not geting any responce till date. Please look after my issues as soon as possible & revert back to me.

The issues are:

1. I am not geting my INDIA TODAY copies from last 2 weeks

2. I have subscribed to INDIA TODAY in Feb 2007, but I was not geting my copy . I have complained about that in April 2007. But till August 2007, I did not get a single copy of INDIA TODAY . Then after requesting for cancellation of my subscription on 02nd Aug 2007, I started geting the 1st copy from 27 Aug 2007.

3. So my subscription shall end on 26 Aug 2008. But I am not geting the copies from last 2 weeks, though my subscription is ending on last week of April 2008 as per your record. In this regard I wrote to wecare on 12 Mar 2008.

Please clarify me the followings:

a. Is the customer a scape goat after paying for the subscription?

b. If the vendor is not delivering the copy, is it the customer, who should suffer?

c. Why the vendor is not supplieng the copies, though I am supposed to get the copies for April 2008 as per your record?

d. If the vendor is supplieng the 1st issue on 27 Aug 2007, what about the last copy, that I should get?

e. Why my subscription was not cancelled after I have requested on 02 Aug 2007 ?

This is very unfotunate from very begining for a vallued & genuine customer. I am sending you the mails that I have comunicated to wecare on 02 Aug 2007, 12 Mar 2008, 13 Mar 2008.

Till date I have not recieved a single positeve responce from INDIA TODAY. This time I hope to get some sencitive responce from INDIA TODAY.

Please try to be little customer sencitive this time & look after this case.

M
Oct 01, 2007

India Today Group - 2 CDs not received, 1 CD does not work

I placed order under the offer that i will get total 6 items (BOOKS AND CDs); however, I got only 4 things. BOOKS: Little women, pride and prejudice. CDs: quizmaster, space. Out of this the CD quizmaster is bad, does not show up anything. Both the CDs and CD COVERS seem to be very old and rusted.

I did not receive two more CDs which I was supposed to receive.

The order was sent through rediffmail. That is why details of code number/order number cannot be generated. This order was placed in the month of August 2007. I can tell the address on which the parcel was delivered. This was Dr Madhav Mutalik c/o Ashok Relekar, cosmetica, sangli radio house, station road, opp pratap talkies, SANGLI 416 416 MAHARASHTRA. My e-mail IDs are [protected]@rediffmail.com and [protected]@yahoomail.com

This experience is shocking and disgusting. Beware!

-dr madhav mutalik

India Today Group - Bogus order & delivery and bogus membership

I ordered a few books on line from this book club and these were delivered on time by VPP. But on 03.07.07 I received a VPC from this club without any orders from me. The accompanying letter (unsigned) shows invoice No. ITBC07309941, Invoice date 14.06.07 and order No. ITBC242251 order date 10.06.07. I never placed such an order. Is it a marketing strategy for dubious books?

The same letter shows my membership Number also but when I attempted to log in, the site says this is not a valid membership number!

When I tried to lodge complaint on-line at their web-site, the club has provided any method of contacting them! There is no contact address, phone number, e-mail address or even 'contact us' tab. It seems the club is trying to run the business by taking people for a ride.

Feb 16, 2009

India Today is a reputed business group. However, their bookclub is into unethical marketing activities. But these are the ways in which you can counter attack them!

I recd an email from this book club offering certain goods online for Rs. 499/- and while ordering the goods, they had taken a consent that they would send their books through VPP without placing any orders, and if I do not wish to receive the books, I can reject the parcel.

1. Since then I have given instructions to all the family members at home to reject every VPP parcel. That's the way you can protect your interest.

2. I keep receiving a number of emailers for placing orders for various products along with a pre-paid business reply envelope. Each time, I stuff the envelope with all the material I received from them, and also add a number of junk papers to the envelope and post it back to them. The envelope is pre-paid, so you don't have to spend anything! :)

3. Today I received an email from them declaring me winner of certain prizes. I had to click on a button to claim the prize. I went ahead, and entered address & contact numbers of Prabhu Chawla - who is the Chief Editor of the India Today Group (available on their website). Then in the credit card details - entered junk numbers and alphabets. At the end, it still generated an Order Number stating that they would contact me to confirm the order. The page also had a text box to refer email ids of other friends! I used this golden opportunity to enter email id's of all the India Today Group's editors (names available on their website, you can guess their ids such as [email protected]), and whatever other ids I could obtain from google search, and wild guesses.

If all of us start using such counter attack techniques, the group will have to start behaving more responsible.

Sep 18, 2007

Guys:

I stumbled upon this complaint board just as I was about to make my first purachse with the BI Book Club!

My sympathies with you all, and many thanks for being proactive.

It comes on us all to raise awareness about the pathetic state of business affairs wherever we encounter them - Private companies, Govt. enterprises etc.

I know from experience that this works! :)

-Prasad

D
Sep 14, 2007

Pl. contact [email protected] to get ur money back from India Today Book club

Aug 27, 2007

Same story here. I would like to lodge a police complaint on them. Or lets go together to Neb Sarai to their office and return the books sent by them.

Best Regards,

Narendra.

Aug 14, 2007

My husband placed an order for music cds, for 600 rupees, however they never delivered it. after 4-5 months time he received a mail, "sorry for the delay" and we received a parcel for that amount. but shocking, we received books instead of cds. I too don't know how to return these books :(after this we have received 2 more parcels which we have not even ordered. we rejected them anyway. This is too irritating, because people at home would not know about what is the parcel and will have to pay the amount and collect it. Only to be shocked by the contents inside.

V

Same story here. I ordered a few books and CDs online from this book club in April and these were delivered on time by VPP in the month of June. But on 06.08.07 I received a book parcel from this club. I paid the postman and got the parcel for Rs 560. I never placed such an order. I am trying to contact them but can not reach. INDIA TODAY BOOK CLUB does not respond to emails or pick up the phone. Here is the contact details:

B47 Indira Enclave

Neb Sarai, New Delhi 110 068

Tel: [protected], 6458 3692

email: [email protected]

Perhaps, I should not have paid the postman for shipments that I have not ordered. Lesson learned.

Jul 19, 2007

Received 3 books against The member ship and Order date which is shocking. I am a Subscriber of INDIA TODAY weekly magazine that's all... I am not a good book reader, and books shipped or least interesting one... Order was accepted by my parents with out prior knowledge, we have paid 550 Rs.

How will I send back the books and get my money... I learn that these are the regular happenings!!! Can't trust any one!!!

Jun 17, 2007

India Today Group - Did no receive books - paid money!

I got a mail from Spice Jet which brought books from India Today Book Club. I ordered 2 books and 3-4 music CD and got a confirmation that the stuff will be delivered within 2-3 weeks. Its been 3...

1 2 3