India Today Book ClubSraud selling

On 30.07.2009 I have received a call from India today book club, the number was +[protected]. The person was Mr Ram Kumar Sharma. He told me about a tour package offer from India today book club. As per him this tour package is including with round air ticket, accommodation in 3 or more star hotel with breakfast and dinner for 3 days and 2 night in anywhere in India, all in just Rs. 2598. Also 12 English books free on this offer. My membership no is ITBC0981262. But after sometime of booking I have received some English books of Rs. 2598(with extra). After log in for free gift I have received same without air ticket. Now they are saying round air ticket is not available in this offer. When I have received a mail from India today book club by Mr Chetan Arya On Tue, 25/8/09,
Dear Member
Thanks for your mail to us
With reference to your mail we would like to inform you that your unique code is ***********061636
And you can claim your free gift (air ticket and holiday) by following this procedure
For your free gift you have to login to our site-(www.bookstoday.in/promos.htm) and please put your
1-Unique no
2-E-Mail id
Kindly quote your order id and membership number in future interaction.
We assure to provide you with best service always.
Thanks & Regards,
CHETAN ARYA
India Today Book Club
I had taken this offer only for round trip air ticket. If this is not available in this offer then I have to return it. This is false way of selling. I have recording of this conversation.
Now I am planning to return this offer to India today book club.
If you have any suggestion please tell me.
In all reply they mail- Dear Member, We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
Is it solution?
Kamlesh kumar

Mayank Jun 20, 2007

I was also been fooled by India Today Book Club get 6 CD's at 1 Re. each and 2 at MRP and I brought stuff of around 700 Rs. and committed delivery of 2 3 weeks till now I haven't received any... Neither they responded on mail or phone... Don't come in these offers... They are making us fool...

• Ye
    yes this hpnd to me Jul 02, 2007

I received cds after more than 4 weeks, for the fully paid cds courier guy ask me RS.525 (as 500 plus 25 rs delivery charges). I already paid around rs.700 through card wen i booked. Then he ask me again so i refused to pay he send it back i think.

• So
    someone Jul 03, 2007

I think the best thing to do for these offers is to ask for cash on delivery. Last year i got my 4 books for re1 and two books for face value after six weeks and a year of free membership. So when you check such offers use cash on delivery. You can also check that these offers are not hostd on itbp site but on some other anonymous site... So be careful...

• Vi
    VIKASH CHANDRA Jul 05, 2007

I had ordered CDs On-Line on this company and made FULL PAYMENT of Rs 669 using my CREDIT CARD. To my surprise, the Postman arrived with the goods on POD basis and demanded a payment of Rs 703 to deliver the consignment.

I have spoken to Ms Neha Kant of India Today Book Club and FAXED her my CREDIT CARD STATEMENT clearly showing the full amount charged. No response to several E-mails from me. The matter remains unresolved.

• Am
    Amit K Jul 09, 2007

What is the contact number in Delhi?, I have placed the order in Apr'07 and received an email for the shipment in Jun'07 and still have not received the shipment. I was lucky to opt for the Cash On Delivery option. Do not know whats wrong with these guys, whether they are serious about the business or they are just making mockery of their customers.

• Ps
    P.S REDDY Jul 15, 2007

I received a shipment of 3-books by V.P.P. for Rs.500 wide invoice No. ITBC07318792 Dt. 14-Jun-07 siting Order No. ITBC25122 Dt.10-Jun-07 that has not been placed by me.As the V.P.P. was sent to my residential address my family accepted by paying post man Rs.500 thinking it to be a genuine one. And now I am saddled with 3-books that I don't want and I didn't order.

• Ha
    Harshavardhan Raju Jul 16, 2007

I have paid around Rs : 700/- for annual membership & books Cds on 14/06/2007. It is said that i would receive my order in the next 2 - 3 weeks. It has been 4 weeks and not yet received them. There is no reply to mails & telephone calls.

I think Government should take an action as this is 12 complaint on the company!

• Ra
    rakhi sen Jul 20, 2007

In fact i myself received three set of books which i didn't order. My family paid Rs. 500 and Rs. 25 also to the speed post delivery person thinking this is a genuine order.

I have mailed a letter to a lady named Ms. Neha Kant at india today and a letter was couriered to Living Media India Ltd whose address was at the invoice along with the books delivered to me but no response even after a week.

• Ta
    Tanuj Jul 23, 2007

The Same thing happened with me... but i was fortunate enough not to accept the parcel... Today it's been three days since the release of the 7th book of harry potter and i have still not received my pre-ordered book... These india today guys are sick.. even their telephone numbers don't work.. My earnest request... don't do business with these people..

Chandra Subramanian Aug 06, 2007

I have ordered Harry Potter book on this company over the web on the 2nd Of July 2007. The bill amount has been debited to my credit card. The books are yet to be received. My emails for follow up remain un answered My web order number is web856259.

Beware!

Anuradha madhukar Aug 07, 2007

I had ordered for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows along with 2 more books and a CD online. The money has already been deducted from my account (Rs 1090/-) . I was informed that the books would be delivered in 2-3 weeks. It is past 4 weeks now and the books have not yet been delivered. I have sent 4 emails in this regard and there is no response. The organization should be sued.

• Ji
    Jitender Kumar Aug 23, 2007

I have paid for 2 books along with I was supposed to get Harry Potter Book Free. I have received only Harry Potter Book and the nooks I paid for are not delivered to me till date. Worst part is, they don't attend phone calls, do not reply to mails. That is why I am here! Are they doing it deliberately? Is there no responsible person present?

Advise smb!

• Am
    Ambrish Bajaj Aug 30, 2007

India Today Book Club sent me 3 books without asking and now are not responding on returning back the money. I have encountered exactly the same problem as many of you and these guys have not sent back the money to me. Their customer care numbers do not work/are not picked up.

Do you think we can put something in the consumer court, especially since many people are facing this problem... Advise smb!

• Ba
    Balaji Santhanam Sep 04, 2007

I placed an order on July 9, 2007 for books and CD through India Today Book Club. Though the amount (in favor of Living Media India Ltd.) was debited from my credit card, so far I have neither received any books nor CDs. Also I haven't received any reply for my email reminders.

• Ga
    ganesh kp Sep 09, 2007

I am a person who does not do E-shopping. but when i saw the offer in India today book club, i was agree to buy those cd's and books... and spent a more then 500 rupees. That was about 4 weeks before and i am still waiting for the books and the cd's,. this way tooo frustrating... i just want to get in touch with the concerned person. Also the web site mentioned for queries does not open at all.

• Mr
    Mr Hari Lakkaraju Sep 18, 2007

Hi, I had opted for this offer which clubbed harry potter book with three other books. Harry potter was supposed to be priced at Re 1/-. I have received the other three books but not harry potter. I think this venture is just meant to con people out of their money. Beware!

Anon Sep 26, 2007

These guys are making us fool. They are a farce and are not interested in giving any service. This is not expected from a group of repute. This is resulting in loss of credibility for them only. Although in short term it may benefit, but the loss is completely for the vendor and it may be very big.... so please try and improve on this really bad performance.

Anon Sep 26, 2007

Hello,

Kindly give me the contact number of any INDIA TODAY CLUB official, I paid entire amount and received nothing

Thanks in advance.

• Dr
    dr. manoj jain Oct 06, 2007

hello
    following is the message sent to living media but to my surprise message returned due to non availability of the addresse on the net . this is the same ID that i received from india today book club stating the confirmation of the order
    thanks in advance
    DEAR sir/madam
    kindly note the ref. no. MITBC-WEB-392819 for the
    purchase in the month of august 22 but till date i
    have not received the consignment nor i received any
    communication from your end.
    i have already paid in adv. thru my credit card and
    the same has been realised as i see in my current bill
    on 29.08.07 in the name of livingmedia Rs.671/= ref
    no. 428747.
    kindly clarify the status as early as possible .
    thanks and regards
    Dr. Manoj jain
    okni road new area
    HAZARIBAG-825301
    JHARKHAND

• So
    Sona Joshi Nov 01, 2007

I have recd 3 books - Little Women, Jane Eyre and Pride and Prejudice. The printing is absolutely abominable. The typing mistakes are a shame to the great classics.

Alongwith the books, I have recd CDs - Encyclopaedia Britannica - Great Minds and Nature. The CD are inoperable either due unreadable status or bad copy.

SANTOSH MOHANTY Nov 01, 2007

DEAR SIR
    I HAVE ORDERED BOOKS THROUGH YOUR ORDER ID MITBC-WEB-559751. BUT I AM YET TO RECEIVE THE BOOKS.

REGARDS
    SANTOSH MOHANTY

Maheshwar Swargam Jan 02, 2008

As I adverted to the IRCTC's promotional add by email, I ordered
    for some CDs online, and payment has been made online three
    months ago. Till today nothing is delivered to me. Even after sending so many reminders by email to them at [email protected], there is not a single acknowledgement from them.

• Pi
    Piyush Jan 12, 2008

Got a promotional mail from irctc like others and made the same mistake of using it to book an order for books and cds. Have not received any books even after SIX months!
    I am thinking of going to consumer court now.

• Bs
    B S Patnaik Apr 02, 2008

I am a member of India Today Book Club. I have made an order for books worth Rs. 1440 on January 8, 2008. Till date despite umpteen reminders I have not received any book. To my horror I found the company fraudlently charging another Rs. 920 to my credit card. Nobody is listening !!! I request you to spread awarness about the mala fides of the company so that nobody gullible falls prey again!!!

• Na
    NavinKuamr Jun 06, 2008

I am also experiencing the same.Without asking they are sending books.

• Th
    thirumalar Jun 12, 2008

If you really don't have intention to cheat people do reply to this mail...

jagan mohan Jun 24, 2008

i ordered encyclopedia cds through icici credit card, my order no MITBC-WEB-0664614 ordered on may 27th still no material has come to me.
    kindly help me, to receive the book which i given order

regards
    jagan mohan

• Hi
    Himanshu Sharma Aug 04, 2008

I have subscribed the india today magazine for 5 years...but i am not recieving the subscrition copies from last few months..the subscription expires in 2009..kindly start the delivery process or provide me the suitable information that why the subscription have been stoped..

• Ka
    karthikeyan Aug 16, 2008

my name is karthikeyan. my membership no is :ITBC08433613.my order no is :0G08071899.
    I paid Rs 574 for an offer which included india today subscription for 1 year + 3 cds + adidas bag + holiday voucher... of which i received only cds... I am unable to find some unique number to fill in the form to avail the voucher... I tried out with all the numbers given in the invoice...When I log into an
    offers.indiatodaybookclub.com.i followed your steps .but it show as an invalid number.What can i do for that.please reply This message.

Samir Dey Aug 19, 2008

I haven't received my books due to the change of my address--

c/o-S. Manjeet Singh, wz-77/2, street no.-8, lajwanti garden, Janakpuri, New Delhi-110046.

• Kn
    K. Nagaraj Sep 01, 2008

I quite agree with you. The same is the case with me. I also do not find the Unique Number. They do not answer my mails. It is a scam. I really suspect whether it is promoted by India today or some fraudulant person.

If you are taking any action, keep me mailed sothat I would also do so.

Bye.

• Ba
    Badarudheen Sep 05, 2008

I haveordered for 3 C Ds of Britanica. I have received it by V.P.P paying Rs 574+postage.Along with the they enclosed a slip containing the tips to claim the free offers. But ican not reach the site they mentione through the membership no and web I.D they provided.they are not replying to my e-mails also.

• Sy
    Syed Feroz Zainvi Sep 13, 2008

India Today Book Club are the real cheats. I had ordered their encyclopedias CDs through web in June 08 but had not yet received any CD or free gifts. They have ready made excuses.

To be a smart customer, you must read "Don't Trust The Trusted Brands" at

Please circulate this message.

• Ku
    kuttiali Sep 18, 2008

you have your web sites of great offers not op ening. this is second timeu are cheating. you promise gifts but not delivring same. My login no 1919862. Invoice noora080059823
    my unique no to claimth gifts is 191986212A080059823

My m.No is - itbc08541366
    Order no- oga080012719, invoice date - 30.Jul.08
    Web.Id no- 981366

Offer - 98136619a080012283

How i get the offer please spcify thrugh my e-mail id or phone no [protected]
    Thanks

CHANDU Oct 09, 2008

same problem ocurred to me also.on those site they showed me cd +book+gifts but i had received only cds.they r cheating me.and also i cant claim my gifts.when i had sent email to them there is no response

• Yu
    YUDHVIR SURI Nov 25, 2008

I have had same frustrating experience customer service on phone or by e mail fail to solve your problem

• In
    INDIA TODAY BOOK CLUB Dec 04, 2008

The complaint made by 'Mr, Surama' has been resolved. If you have any further queries, please mail back to us on our given id:

[email protected]

or call us on our customer care No.-

011-[protected]

• Sr
    Sridhar Yamsani Dec 05, 2008

The same thing happend with me also i paid the money online and i only received the cd's. What the hell is happening with them. I think it is a fradulant mail.

• Jy
    Jyoti Najkani Dec 11, 2008

want to cancel my order whic i order to u it was done by mistake or taking in wrong sense, my order no is OGAO8O208942 with total order values Rs.574.17/-. so kindly regret me and cancel my order