The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Indian Railways — officials corruption
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I went to the Sarojini Nagar railway reservation counter on the 18th of April to get a ticket for Pune from New Delhi for the 20th of April. Before leaving, I made sure from the Indian Railways website that there were three tickets left in the tatkal quota on Jhelum Express. But when my turn came, the person sitting at the counter told me that there was no ticket available on tatkal on that specified date and train. When I insisted, he said he would help out but I would have to give him a bribe of Rs. 100.
Since it was vital for me to get a ticket for the 20th and also because I didn't have the time to pick up a fight, I was forced to pay him of Rs. 100.
So apart from the service charge of Rs. 300 for a 3rd AC ticket, I also had to pay an "extra service charge" to this railway official!
I have heard complaints in the past about such demands for money made by officials at the Sarojini Nagar counter. Railway Minister Lalu Prasad who by all accounts is trying hard to provide world-class services to the passengers should also take note of such instances of corruption and impose strict punishments for such officials.
Manu Sankar S.,
45-A, Hauz Khas Village,
More Indian Railways Complaints & Reviews
- Indian Railways - illegal passengers!
- Indian Railways - poor facilities
- Indian Railways - ticket issue problem for physically handicapped person
- Indian Railway - excessive rate of food by the pantry car service
- Indian Railways - azad hind express running late
- Centre For Railway Information Systems - misbehaving of the reservation ticket issuing officer at railway counter (simhachalam)
- Indian Railway - charge extra amount in pantry service
- Indian Railways Irctc - terrible experience
- Indian Railways - regular late running of train
- Indian Railways - misbehavior by tte