India Today Book ClubAdvance made but book not received!

R

Last year, I a member of the India Today Book Club with membership no. ITBC [protected] placed an order along with prepayment in the form of bank draft for 4 books. Three books were received but one book 'Botanica' was not sent on the ground that it is not available in stock and will be sent once it is available. Even after passage of about 9 months, there has been no further communication. I desire that the ordered book is sent at the earliest.

• Vi
    Vijay Bhasin Aug 07, 2007

India Today book Club has sent me 3 books via VPP and I have never ordered those books. Since I was traveling my wife have received parcel & paid money to postman. On my return I have spoken to customer care and they have said that return the books and we will refund your money. I have sent the books thru Blazeflash Courier # 209879230 on July 5th and till date money is not refunded back. Now nobody answer this over phone.

• Mi
    Mitra Mitra Aug 13, 2007

Same thing happened to me also. India today book club sent me the books I never ordered and speaking to Neha she asked me to send an email to Parivartan Kookreti, and said I will get my money back. Neither Parivartan replied to my mail nor I got my money back. Now no one answers the phone also. Is there actually an India today Book club or this is some hoax?Earlier I had ordered some books also which was never delivered.Since it came through India Today they should take some responsibility, but they don't even connect us to the Book club.

• Nm
    N Madhusudan Sep 28, 2007

My membership no. is ITBC 07285134 placed an order for 4 books. I have recieved only one book after 2 months through VPP but i was charged for all 4 books (Rs.775/-). As VPP was sealed I could not verify the contents, after opening the packet 1 found only 1 book and the Invoce for Rs. 200/-. I desire that the ordered book are sent at the earliest or if not the excess amount that I have paid for the same.

• Va
    vasavadatta Sep 29, 2007

i dont want to be a member
    and my memb no is not working
    ITBC 07302494

manoj pani Oct 14, 2007

I received your consignment of 3 cd pack worth Rs.500.00 yesterday (my membership no is ITBC 06247162) but I am unable to run the concise encyclopedia cd...which is showing user MFC application problem. I have all the configurations installed stated by the user's manual in my desktop & I worked hard to play the same ...abortively.....plz...do the needful & spare the harassment to avoid judiciary hassles!!

Thanking you,
    Sincerely,
    Manoj Pani.

• Na
    NAND LAL MEENA Oct 20, 2007

I HAD PLACED AN ORDER THROUGH INTERNET, FOR SIX ROMANCE CLASSICS WITH A FREE ADIDAS BAG FOR A TOTAL PRICE OF RS. 666 WITHOUT INCLUDING THE SHIPPING CHARGES.MY REFERENCE NO. WAS 876104 AND MY ORDER ID WAS MITBC-WEB-545991. IN SPITE OF THESE DETAILS I AM NOT BEING ABLE TO LOG IN AT YOUR WEBSITE. I HAD ALSO CALLED YOUR CUSTOMER CARE IN DELHI ITSELF BUT THEY COULD NOT GIVE ME MY MEMBERSHIP NO. WHICH I MAY REQUIRE IF I WANT TO ORDER MORE BOOKS. I AM ALSO NOT ABLE TO VIEW THE STATUS OF MY ORDER .

Sunil Kumar Mall Nov 02, 2007

I applied online for the books/cds and payment was also made online.Till today, neither I have received the books/cds nor any acknowledgment from the India Today Book Club. Mails sent to them are returned undelivered! Terrible service!

• Ka
    KARTHIK Nov 10, 2007

I strongly agree that this kind on "India Today Book Club" is running a big online fraud in india and they should be severely punished and their physical editions to be banned since these kind of cheaters are not gud for our developing india. Its true that these india today book club people cannot manage there orders neither they have the capacity to run a customer care service... Sick of india today customer care wherein noone bothers of the customers..and this is so called "India Today " group... i never knew such a big brand name will be doing a big online fraud wherein it neither respects the customers neither it is bothering to listen to their problem and inspite of all COLLECTING MONEY ONLINE AND THEN NOT DELIVERING THE ORDER ON TIME... ITS BEEN A MONTHS TIME AND TILL NOW I HAVE NOT RECD THE ORDERS AND CUSTOMER CARE PEOPLE TELL ME SOME OTHER ORDER OF MINE TILL NOW WHICH I HAVE NEVER PLACED... how Rubbish... ITS HIGH TIME THAT STRICT ACTION TO BE TAKEN AND BAN THESE PEOPLE FROM DOING ANY KIND OF BUSINESS

Maheshwar Swargam Jan 02, 2008

As I adverted to the IRCTC's promotional add by email, I ordered
    for some CDs online, and payment has been made online three
    months ago. Till today nothing is delivered to me. Even after sending so many reminders by email to them at [email protected], there is not a single acknowledgement from them.

subir kr datta Jan 23, 2008

A packet of C.D's were sent to my address by V.P.P. for Rs.525/ plus VPP chgs were wrongfully sent and accepted .

An intimation of the same was sent from my end and Mr Shubham Jaiswal asked me to return the same E-mail: [email protected]

The same was sent to Living Media India Ltd by courier vide bill # Z66429995 dt. 8th Jan 08 by DTDC.

It is astonishing that the persons concerned are not able to send a mail for the mails sent from my end for refunding the money.

Anvita Feb 01, 2008

I have not recieved my order yet..i had placed my order some 50 days back MITBC-WEB-0554770.please look into the same and revert.

S.Amitava Feb 26, 2008

Take all the e-mail IDs from this page, and keep sending mail to them compiling about The Great 'INDIA TODAY BOOB CLUB'

Just, a mass mail complain until they do something.

S.Amitava Feb 26, 2008

Take all the e-mail IDs from this page, and keep sending mail to them compiling about The Great 'INDIA TODAY BOOK CLUB'

Just, a mass mail complain until they do something.

• Sk
    skd1960 Mar 14, 2008

I am sorry that after a long unreplied mails to

they finally sent me Rs 525/- for the wrong packet sent by me and did not find necessary to send the money I had expended for the courier charges I had spent.

• Lt
    ltcol m ravi kumar Apr 03, 2008

Dear Publisher,

i had applied for a membership vide my letter number 019 c st-2 dated 12 feb 08.no intimation from your office.request intimate present position ofthe case.

• As
    Ashraf Moideen Apr 22, 2008

I am Ashraf Moideen. A month back I had received an email from IRCTC ([email protected] ) regarding a offer (Claim your FREE adidas bag & 2 FREE bestsellers ) which promised me 2 CDs, 2 Books and an Adidas Bag for Rs. 199. I had made the payment through Credit Card on 12/3/2008 and the amount has been debited from my Credit Card account. The website had promised me a maximum of 2-3 weeks for delivery of the same but I havent received any of those till now. I fear that I am in a trap and the whole offer is bogus. Please please despatch me the books or kindly for God's sake credit me the amount back to mty account.

• Ba
    Balasubramaniam K May 23, 2008

Payment made - Order not received

Membership No.: ITBC08460790
    Order No.: 0GA080010482

I made payment through credit card on 29-04-08, but till date i have not received the ordered items.

Kindly suggest me when this order will be processed.

• Sh
    shailesh kanani Jun 03, 2008

dear sir

i orders before some day, yesterday i got my order, but i can not claim my free gift offer, because as in your letter you mentioned how to claim. but your site to log on is not working, so how cum i claim free gift of adidas and holiday voucher

site name : http://offers.indiatodaybookclub.com/greatoffers.htm

there is error, so plese give me quick reply.

shailesh kanani

• Dr
    Dr Sanjay Nanotkar Jun 03, 2008

I dont got the mentioned website to claim free gifts &holiday voucher.The website is -- http://offers.indiatodaybookclub.com/greatoffers.htm

• Ra
    Rahul Mittal Jun 04, 2008

site name : http://offers.indiatodaybookclub.com/greatoffers.htm

Rahul Mittal

subramanian kulothungan Jun 05, 2008

sir i brout your offers indiatoday book club parcel but there is no adidas bag & holiday voucher how can i get this things i need your help to get this things

MANDEEP sINGH Jun 14, 2008

Dear Sir,

I am Mandeep Singh and I had ordered an Enclclopedia Jumbo Pack for Rs. 574/- ( including delivery Charges) upon seeing your promotional email. That email had promise an assured Gifts a adidas bag worth Rs 499 and holidays pacakge worth Rs 2990/-. But I was very disapointed to just receive a pack of 3 CD Rom's Only.

The Parcel contained no mention about that promised Gifts.

Honestly Speaking I am very Disappointed and forced to mention that YOU ( INDIA TODAY GROUP )has so far failed to deliver the assured Gifts a adidas bag worth Rs 499 and holidays pacakge worth Rs 2990/.

Its the Responcibility of India Today Group to deliver wat has been promised by them.

Following are the Details of LIVING MEDIA INDIA LIMITED's Invice that I have received.

Invoice No. ORA080029466 DT : 30.05.08
    ORDER NO. 0GA080020485

MEMBERSHIP NO. ITBC08476851

I request you to kindly look into the matter and arrange to deliver me the promised Gifts immediatly.

HOPING FOR AN IMMEDIATE ACTION / RESPONSE FROM YOUR SIDE.

THANKING YOU.

MANDEEP SINGH

• Va
    Varghese K.John Jun 16, 2008

Sir/Madam,
    Today I took delivery of the Books Buddy parcel containing the three CD Britannica set.As per the instruction found inside I tried to log in at the suggested web site to claim my free gifts.But I could not find"greatoffers.htm"there.
    Kindly suggest alternative.
    Thanking you

Sudhakshina Menon Jun 17, 2008

i am also a victim of the said book club. i have ordered for encyclopedias. i could receive 3 cds but i am not able to enter into the website which they have given for claiming the free gifts. why am not able to open the website??

• Pr
    Pratip Kumar Kundu Saha Jun 23, 2008

D/sir,
    Ref: unique no; 194404226B080056154
    Membership no: ITBC 02214042
    Invoice no: ORB080056154
    Paid Rs.699/= to postman and received the three nos.of CD.But there is no scope to claim for free gifts as you have mentioned in your letter which came to me along with the Invoice.

Pratip Kr.Kundu Saha

• Ap
    a.p.dinakaran Jul 07, 2008

hi,

i got the india today book club cds, but i didnt get the gift of addidas bag.

my conduct address;

thnaks & Regards
    Dinakaran

• Ge
    Geno Jul 10, 2008

I am Geno. I had ordered the Enclclopedia Jumbo Pack for Rs. 574/- ( including delivery Charges) upon seeing your promotional email. That email had promise an assured Gifts a adidas bag worth Rs 499 and holidays pacakge worth Rs 2990/-. But I was very disapointed to just receive a pack with just some music Cds which I never had ordered for. Please look into this and do the needful

Anirban Mukherjee Aug 05, 2008

Hi Support,
    I have made numerous complaints about the gift that has been promised to me for becoming a member of book club, not reaching me till date.
    My Membership No is ITBC08396178

I have talked to customer support number of times. I have been given complaints no 53340, 0G08054542 –Priya (Customer Support Executive). Today aso when I called, I was told that they will check in their system and will let me know.
    Secondly, I have paid by Credit Card (HSBC) for SAAZ CD’s and also was assured a FREE Deluxe Holidays. But till date has not yet received the CD’s or the Holidays, though an amount of Rs.801/- (Monthly Installment) has already been deducted from my account.

I don’t understand, how come a respected organization like India Today can cheat there customers with money. Is it they are making ways to take money from customers, to pay salary to their employess. Its rather shameful.

Regards,
    Anirban

Chandra Singh/Ashok Singh Aug 17, 2008

I sent a Standard Chartered Bank Cheque of Rs. 2000 (Rs. two thousand only) bearing # 524321 dated 31-7-2008. I don't remember for what purpose it was sent to you. I also have not received any product or acknowledge ment from your side. Since I am not sure for what purpose this cheque was drawn, would you please rerturn the cheque on the following address:

J - 065 Ridgewood Estate, DLF City Phase - IV, Gurgaon - 122 009.

Antcipating the needful action

Sincerely
    Chandra Singh/Ashok Singh

• Sw
    Swarup Ghosh Aug 23, 2008

Will anyone let me know what our cyber crime department doing in this case???? Are the above evidences not enough to ban the website and punish them? I have just received the documents today where I have been asked to send the document through post within 14 days... Now I understand that it's a cyber crime!!

samir ved Aug 29, 2008

samir ved [mailto:[email protected]]
    Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2008 6:47 PM
    To: response (ITBC)
    Subject: complient - wrong order - wrong job

dear sir,

i am very much disturb that, group like india today doing this type of marketing/sales of there books

without any order - i received vpp of (four books) order no. OGA080048093 dt.23 jun-08 for Rs. 734/- which has been taken by my family member in my absence on 7th august 08.
    same packet i am sending back by vpp - with its charges kindly released my amount without delay. i phoned / informed 011 40502424 on 9/08 mr. Fernandez for the same.
    please take note in future don't send any item without order. now, i am not interested in club and its membership.
    samir ved
    advocate, 305 gayatri apartment, nizampura, baroda -390 002 gujarat,
    mob. 094269 68700
    p.s. i booked vpp of above books kindly release my my money without any delay.

samir ved Aug 30, 2008

dear sir

membership no. ITBC08462577
    to day one complaint i given for worng delivery - make me payment urgently .

2nd 0N 15TH MAY I GIVEN ORDER FOR India Today Book Club
    Exclusive Offer
    Pay Rs 499/- & Save over 4990/-

Encyclopedia Britannica jumbo-pack (3 multimedia CD ROMs) worth Rs 1793/- for Rs 499/-

adidas bag worth Rs 499/-

exciting holidays worth Rs 2990/-

1 year BooksBuddy membership worth Rs 300

Send no money now. Option to pay on delivery.
    Get Offer

GIVEN ORDER ON 15TH RECEIVED CONFIRMATION AS BELOW, Your Order is : MITBC-WEB-1655299
    Thank you for your order.
    Please note the above order id. no. for future reference.
    Give us 2-3 weeks for processing of your order.
    For any Queries :Mail us at [email protected]
    quoting the above mentioned order id.

NOW, I RECEIVED VPP OF RS. 699/- WITH WRONG ORDER NOS. AND DETAILS- - OFFER IS ONLY FOR RS. 499/- - YOU PEOPLE TAKEN RS. 200/ MORE- PLEASE SEND IT BACK - THIS IS TOTALLY FROUD.- AND NOT GETTING SITE FOR FREE GIFTS - HOW TO CLAIM ? KINDLY SHORT OUT THE MATTER FROM YOUR END - SEND ME MY EXTRA MONEY AND FREE GIFTS IMMEDIATELY - OTHERWISE I HAVE TO MOVE FOR CONSUMER FORM.
    THANKS- WAITING FOR REPLY

Joe Aug 31, 2008

I too have faced a similar problem where the good have been delivered with a false assurance of a saving through free gift which are not claimable since the web site mention does not exist. Is there legal support in such cases of breach of trust and intention to cheat.

• Um
    UMA SHYAM SUNDAR Sep 01, 2008

I applied for Britannica encyclopedia online seeing your add which I recd thru email. after getting the letter from the post office about the books arrival, I sent my person with the money to receive it, thinking it will be the same book I had opted for. but unfortunately I had recd sidney shelton book, Mars and venus collide, namesake and how to get from...be. I am unhappy with your deal and when your office was contacted, I was told to return the books. I was also told that the offers which were for the encyclopedia is available for these books too. I was promised some tupperware boxes and surat diamond gift voucher for Rs.5000. don't know if all this is real or to just fool people ! I did not expect this kind of a service from INdia today !!

• Jy
    JYOTI D PATHANIA Sep 02, 2008

Invoice No.ORA080092614 dt.26/07/08
    Membership No.ITBC08499362
    UNIQUE No.16315A080092614

satwinder kaur Sep 10, 2008

I have purchased by VPP a set of four books along with the book there was an offer of free gifts for which i am suppose to log onto the web site:
    http:// offers.indiatodaybookclub.com/greatoffers.This site is not opening.How can I claim my free gifts.
    my unique no is 148684408A080058361
    membership no-ITBC07286844
    INVOICE NO-ORA080058361.
    PLEASE HELP. THANKS

• Kr
    krishan gopal sharma Oct 01, 2008

claim for free gift against unique no.221817408a080075549 uitbc membership no. itbc 08588174 invoice no.ora080075549 dated 10th sept.08 not being registered.krishan gopal sharma

• Ll
    l l verma Oct 05, 2008

dear sir i am a regular member of itbc.i recived your free gift letter.my unique id is 108073125A080065578 invoice no is ORA080065578 and my membership no is ITBC08590731.but in loging process it is in corret.please send correct code.

sarika patel Oct 07, 2008

Dear Sir,
    I have received the parcel and paid the VPP money.Now I would request to send the free gift andholiday voucher as per details furnished below:

1 . Unique No.212422507A080080060
    2. Membership no.ITBC 08594225
    3. Invoice No.ORA 080080060

Regards,
    Sarika.

• Gu
    Gulappa Hallur Oct 15, 2008

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Gulappa Hallur and I had ordered an Enclclopedia Jumbo Pack for Rs. 574/- ( including delivery Charges) upon seeing your promotional email. That email had promise an assured Gifts a adidas bag worth Rs 499 and holidays pacakge worth Rs 2990/-. But I was very disapointed to just receive a pack of 3 CD Rom's Only.

The Parcel contained no mention about that promised Gifts.

Its the Responcibility of India Today Group to deliver what has been promised by them.

Invoice No. ORA080112918 DT : 28-Sep-08
    ORDER NO. 0GA0800100885

MEMBERSHIP NO. ITBC08636753

I request you to kindly look into the matter and arrange the delivers of gifts to me the as promised immediatly.

HOPING FOR AN IMMEDIATE ACTION / RESPONSE FROM YOUR SIDE.

THANKING YOU.