IKEAdelivery issues

D

I purchased 10 items at the Brooklyn location on 3/7/2015 to be delivered to my place of residence in Brooklyn the following day. I paid $99 for the delivery on top of over $1000 for the items. I was told it would be between 5pm and 9pm. 3/8/2015 arrives and I waited at my house between those times until 8pm. That's when I proceeded to call the contact center because I did not hear anything about my delivery as of yet. I called the contact center and they informed me that my delivery was not going to happen because a particular item was not selected on time for the delivery. My main question is why I was not notified of this before the delivery time? The customer should always be in the know of what going on with items he/or paid for. The fact that I had to call to find this information out is unbelievable and has left me with horrible service from Ikea. This is my first time moving away from home and the first place I thought of when it came to furnishing my new home was Ikea. I'm definitely rethinking this decision because the moving out experience is overwhelming as it is. This experience with Ikea Brooklyn has made it the worst experience/ service of my life. Completely inefficient. I was told that my delivery fee will be refunded however I also requested that my delivery be at the earliest time possible on 3/9/2015 between the delivery interval I was given (7pm-11pm). Now I have been inconvenienced enough as it is and I believe I am at least due that accommodation. I have been very patient and calm throughout this ordeal and would like to see this resolved as soon as possible.