IHOPcoupons in the local paper is a rip off!

K

In the beginning of Jan 7 I have found a bunch of coupons for IHOP restaurant “Buy One Breakfast get one free” in our local newspaper. On 1/13/07, my husband and I decided to go to IHOP for a breakfast since we had the coupons and it seemed like a good deal. It is clearly stated in the coupon, to show it before ordering, and we did it. In response server said that we have to show it at the end when we pay. After having a breakfast my husband went to pay a bill to the cashier, and was rudely suggested to come back to the table and pay to the server. We asked server to take our money and a coupon, 3 minutes later she came back saying that they do not accept those coupons. This IHOP and other once in our neighborhood are NOT participating restaurants.

How disappointing I was, why would you even considering printing the coupons in a local newspaper, and then do that to people. Why if you have such unpleasant customer service people working there, who cannot even smile and say simple Good Morning, just to print a list of those participating restaurants, right there in newspaper, so we will not go and embarrass ourselves and bother your managers with explanations. At least we could had started our morning differently. Now we have to always find a list of participating restaurants before we go.

• Updated by Kaheem Harrison · May 30, 2018

I believe it was unfair.

• Updated by Jerry Murfin · Jul 10, 2018

Corporate executives are fools, drain that swamp as well !!! Hopefully your worker will lie to you as well. Bad stunt !!! LIAR, LIAR, LIAR, LIAR Well enough said. Good bye !!!

• Updated by Monica Fowler · Jul 04, 2019

I hope she is replaced

• Tr
    Trac y Nov 23, 2019

Ay 9:10 pm we walked out after waiting 30 minutes with no drink. We were sat a a dirty table, syrup spilled all on the floor. We asked for another table were told none were available. There was at least 20 empty. We were told we had to stay at that table if we wanted service

• Ce
    Ceecee2019 Nov 09, 2019

I frequently visit this restaurant. There is a newer manager that just stares at people. I asked him for a to go box and he looked at me like he didnt understand English. He was rude when he brought me a refill instead of the box and I corrected him.

• Bs
    bsrbie Oct 01, 2019

We found a fly on the whipped cream of my grandson's pancakes and the only thing the server did was to offered an order of free pancakes that I didn't accept. IHOP won't see me again

• Je
    Jess22775gg Sep 14, 2019

I was in sunday and the manager kim i believe was rude and did not believe me when we showed her the hair in our food. Some one like that does not need to be in charge. Then she was being short with the server.

• Ce
    Cecilio Ricardo Aug 04, 2019

I loved your corned beef breakfast so much that I woke up thinking about having it this morning. Unfortunately, I've just discovered from our server that it was taken off the menu. Please, please, please bring it back.

Your concerned customer, Springfield, VA
    Rick

• Mo
    Monica Fowler Jul 10, 2019

I was wanting to talk to the manager about a situation with my daughter who was an employee there. April the manager came out of the back and verbally attacked me. She wouldn't let me talk. She bad mouthed my daughter and belittled her in front of others. She was aggressive with me and I am disappointed with her. She doesn't need to be a manager.

Allie and Jeremy Rau Feb 11, 2019

Been trying to reach the GM for over a week. Refuses to call me back and other employees told me he is purposely not responding because he doesnt care about getting me mine W2. Treats people with ni respect.
    When I worked there, he bullied multiple employees and lets other drink and smoke weed on the job.

• Ro
    Ron Ryman Jan 05, 2019

I will never eat at iHop ever again after your boycott of Tucker Carlson and will make sure every one I know should Boycott iHop...GOOD LUCK !

• Dy
    Dylan Mcmurray Nov 11, 2018

There was only 15 tables with two people at each table took over 45 minutes to get a biscuit gravy combo and two orders pancakes. The waiters only come twice had to ask for our refills overall very poor quality of service and won't be back.

• Sh
    shaqueta w Nov 11, 2018

I called in my order and My order was made wrong and still did not get my beverage with my meal which I waited for an additional 15 minutes for.

• Va
    Valerie J. C. Nov 01, 2018

I tried to order an egg white omelette with cheese and mushrooms. Waitress said that I Had to have pancake batter mixed in omelette even though I asked for them to leave it out. She refused and now I am eating toast. The only thing I eat here is omlettes. Her rudeness and lack of customer service is unbelievable.

• Sh
    Sharon Rodriguez Oct 31, 2018

I made a combo French toast combo order with eggs and sausage only got the French toast and no one is paying attention to my order

• Je
    jeasmi Oct 31, 2018

went to IHOP for dinner at store 3045 the turkey was dry looked terrible the gravy was like water (no kidding) tasteless I complained to the waitress an she said thats the way it always is yikes never had a problem at an IHOP before Wish I had taken a picture.
    This store needs some improvement. It was worst meal I have ever had at any place.

Chris Bouche Oct 22, 2018

I am a regular customer that loves Ihop but this is the 3rd time I witness this waitress/ hostess yell in the middle of the restaurant inches away from my booth to another employer after being very aggressive she's all over the place. Its criticism and not professional.

Cheftom Oct 21, 2018

The pancakes at store #1721 are smaller than company owned stores and the rep needs to talk to this owner.
    I also finally see that they hired a outside female apart from family members running store.
    I also watched families who only got half of the food while the others waited.
    Not a good example of IHOP reputation.

• Er
    Erica Manfre Sep 19, 2018

On 09/16/17 @9am my family was sat down and never had the sever come to our table we waited for 20 + mins people were getting served before us and they were Just setted this is unfair. We had bad services ihop management need to train there employees with more customers services.

• Ed
    Edgarasff Sep 10, 2018

Waiting for a long time witch is fine but the service they gave me was very bad and I was charged way over the amount it needed to be will not be returning to this restaurant with the service with the horrible service I was provided... I need my money back in my card because the service was horrible and these people need more training very upset

alyzabeth moreno Sep 06, 2018

i waited 30 minutes to get my great grandmas county omelette . it was cold and the cheese wasn't melted and in the process i watched my 2 other plates wait there till they were "done" then they brought me my plates and still no country omelette . they took too long for 3 plates i could've went some where else if i wanted to wait this long

• Dp
    DParks59 Sep 06, 2018

I placed a Doordash order and I had two order that were very simular one order had an extra order of bacon, as well as a lemonade. The food arrived cold and the extra order of bacon was not sent with the order. I was very dissatisfied with my order on August 29, 85008. I am considering not order from ihop online again.

• Na
    NaturalGirl1 Sep 05, 2018

What is up with your hashbrowns? They have a pasty, gritty texture about them! It really was disgusting! Leading me to believe they are not really potatoes. I have been eating real potatoes for almost 60 years and those are NOT potatoes!

I also understand that the eggs are not real either!

Done eating at IHOP. I like REAL food!

• Te
    TELLZ30 Sep 05, 2018

I am unhappy with my service at the IHOP at 1010 West Layton avenue in Milwaukee. I ordered my food over the phone when I got there I was waiting almost an hour, the mix all the takeout order, if I didn't asked for my money back me and the others customer still be waiting. The food was cold. I will never come back

Angie Luczaj Sep 05, 2018

We went last night around 7pm. We noticed as we walked in that the A/C was not working. We were sat properly, then no one came to take our order. As we sat we overheard other customers complaints. We left. Very disappointed 😔

• La
    Ladyjeanette Sep 02, 2018

Advertisement that was on line and on TV, i went into restaurant and they said they don't honor that!! There regional manager said !!

• Ti
    Tiff126 Sep 02, 2018

Waitress was rude. She Didn't bother to check on us about refills or how it was. Pancakes were hard, eggs were hard. Bacon was black. The cheese on the eggs was brown. The ihop wasn't very clean.

Sarah12344 Sep 01, 2018

On the IHOP commercial with the plane running into the building the small print reads "Dramatization: Pilots are on a closed pancake." Probably not what you meant. Lol.

Thanks,
    Sarah O'Connor
    [email protected]

• Xe
    Xedrix Young Aug 29, 2018

I have 2 first I use to work for ihop in Bradenton FL on State Rd 64 I was fired because the new gm said that I did 2 no call no shows and that is a lie because I did let the assistant manager know I said my mom was hospitalized for two days and I stayed by her and the it took Gene to tell me I was fired I want my job back

• Me
    Melving Aug 29, 2018

is a statement of sexual harassment by the manager offering hours by sex to employee what the owner satar knows and did nothing about it before doing it legally we want you to know it because it is an ihop franchise I wait for your answer

• Ed
    Ed Hanley Aug 28, 2018

10 open tables in view from the reception counter, the hostess says it's a 30 minute wait so I asked is it because you are short handed, her rude response, it's a 3o minute wait

• Di
    Dirty4000 Aug 28, 2018

Walked in this morning...tell me why they have servers in kitchen cooking food is there not enough cooks...servers shouldn't be in kitchen at all ...The manager can't say she didn't know anything about it when she's staying right in the front by a computer so she had to seen them at some point of time...this shouldn't be at all

marinagrace Aug 21, 2018

I raced home from work took my kids to IHOP and when we got there they told us they canceled the free pancakes early. Now I have 4 disappointed children

• Di
    dionna pegg Aug 21, 2018

Today at 10:30 am I placed a breakfast order over the phone. I was told the order would be ready in 20-30 minutes. My husband was at the restaurant at 11:00, he paidf or the food with his debit card and still waited 15-20 more minutes before he went to the manager to complain about our order.He did not get our food until 11:45.

Jose Batista Aug 21, 2018

Food taste like poison or horrible i ordered mash potatoes and turkey with stuffing and they left the food uncooked and they charged me anyways

• Ti
    Timonthy Aug 21, 2018

Came to branch at 800 s. flower in Los Angles, CA at 4:15 a.m. and was told by staff and security that the restaurant was closed when clearly all the signs they open and the light is on since showing is 24 hours. He stated he only had one cook and the cook was on break for 45 minutes

• Jg
    J Gellman Aug 21, 2018

Wait is too long from order to food service. The wait staff has to stand and...well, wait and the plates trickle out so slowly. Omelettes and pancakes take 5 min to make. We come maybe 3 times a year because we think, "it can't be so slow anymore. " But it's now been 40 minutes and no food. You should see everyone's faces.

JamieLev Aug 20, 2018

Just ate from the IHOP in Beaumont, TX on College St and the food was terrible. The eggs were overcooked and the crepes were sloppy. My husband's chicken fried steak was also overcooked and we requested the gravy to be put to the side and they put it on top of the chicken fried steak anyway. Overall it was a terrible meal

• Pa
    Paulene Paulene Aug 20, 2018

4/15/18

Store Manager didnt reply to customer complaint

Customer food was served poorly

Recipe was not given

Fountain Drinks was sweet

Poltry was served cold

Jasmine Barnes Aug 20, 2018

Waited 20+ minutes to be seated and it was an empty restaurant. We decided to seat ourselves and another party was seated before us and that's when we were acknowledged that we couldn't be served at all, because we seated ourself?

Alexandra Singh Aug 20, 2018

This lady is rude and disrespectful called me a [censored] when I was NO way rude or disrespectful. To have someone working there with no respect is not a way to run a business. Then she turns to threaten that i can go complain shes been there for 2 years nothing is going to happen. Ihop in Deland, FL

• Ka
    karen arter Aug 20, 2018

Ordered online but got home half the order was left out, when called back the manager was very rude saying she was busy, so are we we had to drive all the way back to get rest of order, went back to pick it up tried to talk to her she would not come out

• Mi
    Mimy Aug 20, 2018

I just want to know when you start to label it your customers, because your business are standing because us, if we dont come to your restaurants, your profit start to getting down, sk i think to have to check about those ridiculous labels, we all are americans and no color matter in a restaurants..