Menu

complaints

IHOP Complaints Summary

58 Resolved
837 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from IHOP with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for IHOP has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of IHOP. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

IHOP complaints 895

Sort by:

Newest IHOP complaints

3:27 pm EDT

IHOP service

The staff at ihop don't have any customer service i went in for an interview at 3pm and there where two females there and they just rolled their eyes and laugh and basically ignore me when i said i had an interview.So 15 mins went by another worker ask if I've been help i told her no told her i have an interview and she basically ignore me to and starting getting on her phone and talking to other workers it wasn't busy and i wasn't getting no help. The workers was just standing there laughing and talking on their phones.This is a very unprofessional place

A
9:39 am EDT

IHOP unethical behavior

Ihop in Willinston Park NY Store# 4636

Mr. Daniel Chun (owner)

Le escribo esta nota para dejarle saber que los cocineros y busboys de esta tienda estan tomando alcohol mientras trabajan, para ser mas especifico, lo hacen adentro del restaurant y tambien salen al carro a tomar y despues entran al establecimiento.

Me parece una falta de repesto a hacia a usted y hacia al trabajo despues de que ellos firmaron un acuerdo que no lo harian. Espero y confio que usted Senor Daniel Chun tomara las medidas correctas para que estos incidentes no sigan pasando y afectandos sus otros empleados y por supuesto sus clientes, Gracias.

9:25 pm EDT

IHOP customer service

Myself and my 2 family members went into IHOP store #5505 Avon, Oh on 10/3/18 8:37 pm. Lights were barely on upon entering despite being open u til 10pm. We were the only diners there. our meals were taken by Jessica in the time there we waited almost 30 minutes for food being the only customers we were never asked if we wanted refills as our server was socializing with one cook and one manager. The cook must have been upset that we came in as he was banging around plates, swearing as we had full view of this then my order was wrong tres leches pancakes was delivered as a small short stack. Mind you we waited a half hour for the food to begin with I thought oh boy ill never eat well instead of re making it they threw on some toppings. The pancakes werent the right size as my family membered ordered a different variety the pancakes were larger and made as is . When I complained that them throwing on topping on a smaller side pancake wasnt the same jessica the server decided to start arguing stating " im not going to argue with you i saw the cook make them right despite them not being made right and me asking for the manager who did not come to speak to us. no apology nothing fixed. appropriate customer service would be to apologize and take it back to be fixed... oh not here. 10 years since i went into an ihop now i remember why the people hired to work in there were just disgusting.

J
7:26 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

IHOP the store refused my phone in order!!

On 30 Sep 2018, at 5:16 p.m I attempted to place an order over the phone. The person answering the phone(I think she said her name was Amanda) stated her manager informed her that, it was against IHOP's policy to accept an order for the Sirloin Tips, mash potato's and coin over the phone. I was calling in my order, because my wife was going to Taco Bell in that area. I was watching the end of a Nascar points race and did not want to leave. After the race ended, I proceeded to IHOP to see the policy. Once I arrived I met with Tristan Lannone, the current manager on duty. He could not produce such policy nor would he give the name of the manager whom made the decision not to accept my phone in order! Could you please help with this issue. Thanks in advance!

Update by Joddie
Sep 30, 2018 7:29 pm EDT

No update.

Z
3:57 am EDT

IHOP customer service

I am beyond disappointed with the customer service I received today. After standing in the lobby for more than 20 minutes, and servers walking by seeing the FULL lobby of people trying to sit to enjoy a meal, I was forced to go find a server and ask if we could get some help. This young ladies response was, give me a minute. After waiting another 10 minutes, the server came and announces to the growing crowd, "sorry folks. We are backed up right now." Mind u, there were a LOTof tables open (I have pictures to prove it.) I informed the server, I'm just trying to order to go, which I received a response (with attitude) "I cant take your order right now." After receiving her nasty response, i asked for a manger. 2 minutes later, a manger by the name of "Aaron" comes out and announces the the continuous growing crowd "folks in just waiting for my other servers to come." I again state, "I just want to place an order to go. "aaron" looks at me and say "we will be with you." I waited another 15 minutes, and decided to just walk out. I waited a total of 47 MINUTES to receive service that was never met. I myself, am I customer service manager. I normally can understand and take in to consideration, certain situations. However, this time, I just could NOT BELIEVE the so called "customer service" myself and the crowd received from these employees. Absolutely deplorable! IHOP is my absolute FAVORITE place to enjoy breakfast, however, after tonight, my family and I wont consider this franchise as an option to enjoy a meal. I hope this situation can serve as an advocate of change. It's unfortunate the service I received today.

View 0 more photos
8:09 am EDT

IHOP store management

I am was employed with IHOP at 98 north lakeland fl. There's alot of favoritism there and the managers are not fair to the employees. Rick Roberts is the store manager and I've talked to him about the situation and also talk to the other manager Beverly Crisp and the problem never was fixed. After 3 years of working there I had enough and I didn't want to quit but I ended up telling him I was done. So please take care of this situation. There's other servers there that complained and still the problem was not fixed. Rick always told us he didnt want to here it. Rick has his favorites as well as Beverly. Please call me at [protected] and I will explain more.

Sandra Harner

Update by Sandra Harner
Sep 29, 2018 8:11 am EDT

I would like to stay working at IHOP if the issue is resolve if not I would like to transfer to IHOP in plant city fl.

G
12:02 am EDT

IHOP credit card fraud

On September 27 2018 my friend and I had breakfast at your location 2002 north interstate 35 round rock tx 78681. Because of the terrible service we received from our service that day I decided to leave NO tip. Today September 29 2018 I look at my bank statement and see that she helped herself to a tip without my authorization. I can only imagine how many other people she has done this to. I work hard for my money and to have one of your employees basically reach into my pocket and steal from me is wrong! Im sure nothing will be done and your business will keep making millions of dollars . I have the receipts and my bank statement should anyone care to follow up with this complaint.

View 0 more photos
9:39 pm EDT

IHOP everything

I went to the ihop at 2699 David H McLeod Blvd, Florence, SC and noticed the host was cleaning tables and waiting tables because the servers didnt seem to care too much the manager didnt do too much either the service was terrible you really need to find new management and servers I wish it was like one of your platinum stores which is only 3 of them hire better people or better yet bring in people from your platinum store to help your other stores

H
10:56 am EDT

IHOP service issue

I was at the ihop on 5600 west and 3100 south to connect with the world over eggs.
The sign said free wifi. On monday you did not have it working. I heard the manager on the phone with the wifi people, but I was already finishing my meal and already way behind in my contacting important money people in my life... Lucky for m there was a mcdonalds nearby... They sell eggs too.
The team work in this restaurant was great, waiters and waiter were very helpful and one of them went to the manager after I insisted the wifi did not work but she never came by and his frustrated me. What looked like the big boss had left for the day just moments earlier so there were two managers on duty at the time of y complaint.
I guess wifi is not important to your business model.

J
3:02 pm EDT

IHOP rude service nasty saly shaker

I was in ihop eating lunch With my uncle and he tried to put salt in his soup but nothing was coming out, so i opened it and it was clogged and looked like what would be rust in the lid of the salt shaker which in my honest opinion is nasty. It looks like the shaers havent been cleaned in a while. Also the server blanca is very rude. Has no personality what so ever

8:50 am EDT

IHOP online ordering

I placed an on- line order (order #[protected]) I to your 10740 Roosevelt Blvd store at 8:15 to be picked up at 8:45 for a pumpkin spice pancake order. When I got there they gave me my bag but before I got to the car I realized they gave me the wrong order. When I went back in to give them the wrong order they realized it was for another customer but they couldn't find my order. The manager questioned whether I put it in to the right store because she said they never got the order. Lucky I had the confirmation on my cell phone and showed it to her. It was for the right store. I don't know what happened but I wasn't happy as the purpose oftheonline ordering is to have the food ready at the pick up time. So I had to wait for them to make up a new order for me. For the inconvenience I should have been refunded for my order or given a coupon for a free order

1:40 am EDT

IHOP poor backing by upper management

I was working as a general manger and had a cook yell and scream at me and when I tried to rampermand I was told I could not do that because there was not another cook to replace her with. So I ended up quitting over it. If a general manger is not allowed to correct employees why do you have us there. There was several times that this went on and there was nothing done. Even when she pourpsly caused a critical on an inspection. Someone needs to follow up with the management team in WASHINGTON STATE

6:34 am EDT

IHOP 3rd shift server named heather

I was in this store couple nights ago and a really nice lady named chastity was our server. I'm not sure exactly what was going on but chastity was in the middle of getting our drink order and this heather came over and told chastity that she would finish taking care of us. Chastity told her the manager told her to and continued to try to take our order but this heather lady started trying to argue with chastity right there in front of us and everyone else in the dining room. She was so rude and disrespectful. And to be an older woman at that. Chastity kept her cool and kept apologizing for the interruption. I am so very thankful that heather was not my server. Chastity was sweet, kind and very attentive. After heather finally left our table our experience was nothing less than perfect. How is this lady allowed to work with the public being as rude as she is.

8:45 am EDT

IHOP service

Was seated by the Manager in a booth.
After about 20 min of being ignored by
Servers walking by and seeing them stand in groups at the register and talk
We decided to leave due to poor service. This was a disgrace for Ihop
Went to Cracker Barrel and they were more busy and got waited on in 3 mins.
This was at the Robinson Twp. IHOP.
Won't be going back for a good while and will spread the word about the bad service.
Servers too young. Should get older workers who care.

A
12:24 am EDT

IHOP report an employee

09/19/18 8:00 P.M I arrived at the restaurant to have dinner with my family and the lady working that day can't to attend us behaved and spoke in a very rude way which leaves a clear thought of how this place is run! She is to offer good service and comfort which she did not ! She addressed the customers in such a rude way. I observed her behavior with other clients and she did not change her horrible tone of voice and sassy attitude ... I think they should offer a course on how workers should try tounderstand their clients. I am uncomfortable with her behavior and language! When paying I was able to ask for her name, which is Mayra Figueroa. I hope something gets done as this is no way to act at a Dine In! Thank you

L
1:02 pm EDT

IHOP favoritism

I stopped at the IHOP on 1230 N. 51st Ave with my family I was waiting for over 30min for a table, when one of the employees family walks in and the got seated before any one else that has been waiting, talked to the manager Vanessa Valencia she wasn't much help, basically just told me that I had to wait for a table and the she would get this address with there employee, I asked for a corporate number she gave me her supervisor name of Mike Lochner which I called and was no help also he sounded like he was asleep and basically blew me off also, worse service ever.

D
11:59 pm EDT

IHOP discrimination

Denine Paneto

Waitress @ IHOP Store #5607

Palisades Center, West Nyack, N.Y.

To Whom It May Concern,

I was hired as a waitress at the above location, in May of this year by Ms. Jupiter, the store's general manager. The understanding was that I would begin working on weekends and gradually the hours that I was scheduled to work would increase. I was also under the impression that there was a 1.5% tip out from our NET pay, even on days that there were no busboys or dishwashers and we were required to clean tables/do dishes ourselves. The policy has since changed and now calls for a 1.5% tip out of the GROSS pay, which I found puzzling since that was never the case in any of my previous experiences as a server. I proceeded to question the store manager about the update to the tip out policy and noticed that following my inquisitions, she started decreasing my hours. I have copies of the schedules that show the decline in my schedule after I had approached her on the subject.

She also started organizing mandatory server meetings beginning in May and claimed that people who arrived late to the meeting would lose days on their schedule. This clearly was not the case, considering that employees would walk in up to 1/2 hour late and continued to have full schedules. It is alarming the way she allows her young staff to run the place. I have worked for the IHOP corporation for a total of 4 years, across multiple locations, and I can see why this particular franchise is criticized so heavily. I also reacted to her reeking of marijuana, upon returning from her lunch break. However, I did not approach her about it.

For the meeting held on July 24th, I arrived at 4:02, at which time she proceeded to yell at me in front of everyone and told me to go home. Notwithstanding the fact that the meeting was changed less than 24 hours before the rescheduled meeting, I also noticed upon my departure that several servers were entering for the meeting, however no one else was sent home. Since that incident, my name has not been on the schedule. I am writing to your offices at the suggestion of others, who I have consulted with to ask for assistance in this matter. I was never fired or dismissed, simply told to go home. I am a loyal, trusted and dedicated employee in all facets of my job. She embarrassed me, similar to the way she embarrassed herself by smelling like pure marijuana. The way that she addresses some of the younger employees is appalling at times; yelling and cursing at them as if they were trained dogs, which is no way to conduct yourself in a professional setting.

I am a good employee with a great work ethic, and have a loyal customer base to support that claim. I have worked at other IHOP locations and never had to tip out when the bus boys and dishwashers were not present, because we had to take on their responsibilities and there was no one to tip out to anyway. I have spoken with the bus boys and dishwashers, who say that they are not getting more than $10 and I know that I myself have had to tip out up to $15.00 for a shift. Which begs the question, "where is the remaining money going?" Something about the way she is managing this store doesn't seem to align with IHOP principles and policy, and may be worth looking into.

She hires new people all the time, yet isn't giving me hours although I have been there longer than the new hires. I texted her to ask why I am not being put on the schedule and did not receive a response back. I have no means of contacting the franchise owner directly, Mr. Brian. We called corporate to see if there was any contact details for him and they said they had nothing. My only other option was to write to your offices and ask for your guidance regarding this situation. I love what I do, which is having little to do with who I work for, but at this point I feel personally targeted by the store manager. It is wrong for any employee to feel like they are being subjected to unfair treatment, just for exercising their right to stay informed about their pay. If she wasn't guilty of any wrongdoings then she could have just answered the questions to satisfy my curiosity. But she has taken it too far by cutting my hours with unjust cause and messing with my livelihood. She still has not responded to me, has not put me on the schedule and has not had a conversation with me vocalizing that I am doing anything wrong, hence there is no reason, at least to my knowledge, why my hours should be reduced/non-existent.

Again I am asking for your assistance and guidance. I thank you in advance for your immediate attention in this matter. You can reach me at [protected]. If I do not respond please leave a message and I will call you back as soon as I can.

Sincerely,

Denine Paneto

8:16 pm EDT

IHOP unpaid hours

I'm writing this email to inform you about injustices that has taken place at Ihop #783 located in Santa Clarita. After several hours of considering writing this email, I decided to write it.

Our manager Linda Belcher has not paid us all the hours we have worked. She has also being unfair in other aspects. For example, she does not give equal hours to the employees. She prefers to give certain people more hours than others cutting servers sooner and leaving others to work extra hours.

Many of us are intimidated by the fact that if we speak up, she will find out and she would either cut more servers more hours. I'm requesting further investigation of this matter as soon as possible. If this issue is not resolve promptly by corpotate, I will file a legal action against this company. I will not share my name as of right now until corporate begins an investigation.

L
2:52 pm EDT

IHOP treatment of employee

09/08/2018
My daughter reported off today 4 hours in advance and was told 3 other people called off and she couldn't. Andrew, the manager at the Niles Cortland Road restaurant proceeded to call later and tell her if she didn't show up she would be fired, I could hear him swearing at her and demeaning her. I think it's extremely unfair to fire one person on their first call off when 3 other people did the same thing. He handled the situation immaturely and inappropriately. A bad manager can really destroy a company. My family will no longer be visiting this location and we will also spread the word to friends.

U
11:59 am EDT

IHOP unsatisfactory service

My husband and I sat and waited 15 minutes while another couple came after that time and sat next to us . Finally when the waitress served us the food she served the other couple who came after us same exact time the waitress served the other couple the exact time she served us. But we had to wait on our turkey bacon and pancakes while she served the couple that came in after us bacon and pancakes. I didn't feel this was thfair because we were there before the other couple. We should have received all of our food first.

Overview of IHOP customer experience

IHOP, the popular breakfast chain, has been receiving a lot of negative feedback from customers lately. Many complaints revolve around poor customer service, long wait times, and unclean dining areas. Customers have also reported issues with food quality, including undercooked or overcooked dishes. Additionally, some have expressed frustration with the lack of vegetarian and gluten-free options on the menu. Overall, IHOP seems to be struggling to meet the expectations of its customers, and improvements are needed to address these issues.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

IHOP contacts