Menu
Home Beauty & Well-being Ideal Image lies and bad service

Ideal Image review: lies and bad service

Author of the complaint
5:03 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This complaint concerns Ideal Image of West Hartford, CT.

Provided below are the facts about the laser hair removal treatments received at Ideal Image in West Hartford, CT. Laser treatments began on January 26, 2006. I had just left my doctors office across the hall, saw the sign for Ideal Image and laser hair removal, walked in, and spoke with the consultant.

Since this is a costly investment, Rebecca suggested Care Credit Card payment plan that they offer there. Since I was about 13, I have had a lot more hair on my body than my friends, and family members and have struggled with this emotionally.

Before I started these treatments with Ideal Image, I had my OBYGYN, which is in the same office complex as Ideal Image, and I had check my hormones with a blood workup, skin, and hair growth to make sure that there was nothing wrong with me medically, before I invested $7700.00 into this company. My doctor found no signs/symptoms of hormonal imbalance.

The consultant told me that this was a lifetime guarantee and if I did need to come back in the future I would have to pay an additional 10% with this sign on, though she stated that I most likely wouldnt need the follow-ups because the 5 treatments would get rid of most of the hair. I would get 5 treatments, and 4 follow-ups. With starting my treatments, and at almost every session, I would have a different doctor working on me. Each one had a different way of doing the treatment, some were faster/slower, some were much more efficient than others, some covered areas that should not have been treated, and now there is hair growing in where there was never hair before, and also used different laser strengths. It is not my place as a layperson to know the laser strength needed, or have questioned did you mark my records recording the laser strength? I could see/feel some woman skipping right over areas. I had to point it out, or remind them that certain areas had to be done, even though I was getting FULL BODY. I should not have had to remind, or point out anything. It got to the point where I felt uncomfortable telling these doctors what they were missing. Some doctors had me wear the goggles, and others wouldnt. After about the 4th or 5th treatment I told them I needed someone consistent because I was getting different results from different doctors.

During my 5th and final regular treatment, I didnt see much of a difference in the amount of hair on my body. That was also noted with the doctor. They would ask me the percentage of hair that I thought went away; I mostly never said anything over 50%. At that point I started getting nervous; thinking about how much money was spent on this process.

I just recently finished my 4 follow ups, and the results were terrible. They then offered my sister and me a free session, telling us that they didnt start us out on a strong enough laser. I went for the first free one and it was so painful I decided not to finish my bottom half. The amount of hair on me right now is shocking and disturbing! Some areas on my body have more hair growing in, or hair growing in places where there wasnt hair before. This is so disappointing, and on top of that, the money I have invested and spent on this procedure and seem to be worse off than when the process started. I have spent many days crying just looking at the results. I am still paying off this bill with the same amount of hair I started off with.

Bottom line is that Ideal Image did not represent them selves in an honest fashion false advertisement lifetime guarantee and that all hair growth would be gone after 5 treatments!

More Ideal Image complaints & reviews

Ideal Image - horror story
Ideal Image - Lies
Ideal Image - unathorized charges and a complete scam
Ideal Image - they are bad
Ideal Image - contract change
79 comments
Apr 08, 2022 7:09 pm EDT

I was looking into body sculpting. Found a deal on ideal image. A consultant got a hold me and talked me through how the whole process worked. I wanted to take time and think about it, consultant Mari advised me that i can always cancel as long as it’s within the 3 days from the day we discussed the whole process. She advised me that I could take 3 days to think about it, but they still charged my card and now they are telling me that I am now committed to it, and that they can’t give me back my $3k even if I don’t go through the process! WHAT A SCAM!….THIEVES! LIARSSS! The fact that they do this people is so AWFUL! I will never trust companies like these ever again!….

Apr 08, 2022 7:09 pm EDT

P
Aug 15, 2018 8:45 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I had ultherapy.and the only thing it did was leave my cheeks pitted...pretty upset, because these weren't there before. I still owe $3000! I'm so upset. Plus, it hurt like hell.

A
Jul 13, 2018 12:47 pm EDT

This business is GARBAGE. DO NOT TRAP YOURSELF INTO THINKING THEY WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Your natural is more ideal than the b.s this company provides! I was a “perfect candidate”.. did ALL of my treatments. 2 months after IT ALL GREW BACK. I fought both with commenity bank ideal image and customer service for months. Not only did it grow back, it gave me eczema! I originally thought it was herpes, and then finally seen an obgyn and said it was eczema due to the lasers! I was told I CAN be refunded by the bank, who gave me floridas corporate number (THAT ALWAYS AUTOMATICALLY FORWARDED ME BACK TO THE MICHIGAN LOCATION I SIGNED UP AT) then told i cant be refunded the same lady, JACKIE who SOLD me the package in rochester. Filed a dispute and was told i had to go in for an assessment to be refunded my money and then going to make an appointment was told again that i WILL NOT be refunded. After continous fighting and disputing eventually got forwarded to regional manager Cory, who was EXTREMELY rude and clearly bored and bothered by my request for the business to refund the credit card company what was owed left (1, 400 & then charged an extra $1, 000 for not paying it off by the last treatment PLUS $57 fee a month for USING the card) she told me to come in for an assessment for a possible refund. I went in and the medical professional asked if i was taking growth supplements *no, just eat healthy* and she took a photo. I get a call from Jackie, who proceeds to tell me i have 50% growth back a lot of treatable hairs (WELL NO F*CK) however they will not refund whats left back to the credit card company. as i told her cory told me i can be refunded after the assessment jackie continued to talk over me and tell me cory basically said too bad i will not be refunded. JUST MORE TREATMENTS. and so i told her my doctor told me the laser hair gave me eczema and the junk @$$ machines clearly dont work. Jackie then said her medical professional didnt have record of that, EVEN THOUGH ALMOST EVERYTIME I CAME IN I TALKED ABOUT IT BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS HERPES AT FIRST AND FOUND IT WAS ECZEMA. This witch proceeded to tell me if I talked a little bit nicer maybe id have better results in getting my refund and laughed at me and told me go ahead when i said i will be broadcasting to everyone i meet how terrible this business is . WTF SHUT THIS TRASH BUSINESS DOWN.

View 0 more photos
Apr 24, 2018 7:17 pm EDT

They are thieves. Liars and scammers indeed. I paid for bikini line hair removal 2 years ago after the sales girl there kept me there for 2 hours . She was determined to get that sale. I finally agreed to try it as i was tired of shaving and let me tell you it was not cheap at all. I finished my session just last year at that point the hair was not growing anymore and I was told I did not need to come for the last two sessions as it was optional.both by nurse and front desk which I did not.
Well now the hair is coming back and fuller than ever. I called them as i knew i had that lifetime guarantee the sales lady kept going on and on about when I signed up without any extra out of pocket money. Then I spoke to this rude 2 ladies today who was trying to tell me the hair came because i did not come for the last 2 session even though i they told me it was optional .One of them kept me on hold for over 20 minutes two different times I guess she was hoping i would hang up.this was after telling me I needed to pay more money and I asked her what happened to lifetime guarantee, you can come back any time and it's free as i was told when I signed the contract? the other one kept hanging up on me after giving me numbers that routed right back to them when I asked for customer service phone number saying there was no customer service. I find that hard to believe for such a big company. I do regret sitting there that night and letting that girl talk me into applying for that credit and signing that contract with them. So so dissapointed. This is the sugar land location by the way . I been online all day trying to get customer service phone number. Nothing. Do your research before getting anything. I wish I did. These people are crooks

Jul 20, 2016 5:54 am EDT

I went in for consultation for a procedure and price." Today only" you can finance for 1 year without interest. Sign here so I can get your credit score. Sign here so I can set up payments." I left and immediately changed my mind about having the procedure and called to cancel. I am being billed for a procedure I did not have. Is this place a "sham" medical facility? I have NEVER been forced to have a procedure! Pay for it even it you immediately cancel with change of mind

U
May 25, 2016 8:37 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

So . . . . Wow is all I can say. Ideal Image advertised 65% off Laser Hair Removal on a local radio station in Dallas Fort Worth and I was shocked to find out the final cost was just shy of $2900 for my neck and chin only. The catcher is IF you don't sign right then during the consultation you lose the 65% discount and it goes down to 45% on a follow up visit. There appears to be a consistent pattern being told "5 treatments and 4 follow ups within a 12 month period to get you completely hair free" and "You're the perfect candidate". Yet if you call to get pricing they will not tell you the price because your treatment is a medical procedure and customized for you. I wish I had researched prior to my first visit as this would of saved me the hassle of and mistake of signing on the dotted line. If you think about it in regards to medical procedures if you look at your EOB from your provider there is always always a base price then either heavily discounted if you have insurance or the full cost if you don't. I cannot say I have an issue with the procedure at this point but I've only had one and wondering if I want to cut my losses before more hair grows with the additional treatments or AFTER I pay all that money. I am simply floored with the level of negative comments around the organization. . . Where there is smoke there is fire or something sparking. Thanks Everyone for taking the time to share your stories.

G
Mar 12, 2016 2:17 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

In July, I went to Ideal Image for the cool Sculpting service.
Within 1- 3 month I was supposed to see results (reduced fat on the areas treated) There were no changes. They offer more treatments after which there were still no results.
The manager assured me she would contact her supervisor to see what they could do to compensate me.

D
Nov 29, 2014 7:31 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

After searching though many reviews for this company, the majority very negative and a few very positive, I found the following on another site: "Ideal Image management had just urged staff members to post favorable reviews online about the company." Now you know where the few positive comments are coming from!

V
Mar 22, 2014 8:34 pm EDT

Can a former employee of this horrible place tell me how to get out of this contract with a refund?

U
Jan 22, 2014 11:00 am EST

I also signed a contract for the loan for my wife to get the bikini. They took her to the back and had her sign another contract which put my overall price around $4500 for bikini. I did one session for my wife the same day we signed the contract. After I saw she had my wife sign another contract I called to cancel and she informed me that she would cancel it but I will be charged for the 1st session. I agreed seeing that would only be right, but she could not price me for the first session cause she had to speak to her "manager". I then received a bill from the loan company and when I called ideal image to find out why this bill was sent they said our consultant was on vacation and they can't do anything about it and that I need to pay the loan or it will affect my credit. Very unfair and unprofessional. Especially since I cancelled the same day I signed the loan

Sep 09, 2013 1:20 pm EDT

I have been giong to Ideal Image since January 2013. I had the full brazilian with peri anal. I have not seen much hair loss after 5 sessions. I have four more to go. The only thing I can say so far is that it has stunted the growth of my hair in the bikini area. However, the hair on the labia and toward the rectum is still growing at the usual rate. The process has not made me very happy yet. I was hoping for much better results by now. Will post final results sometime next year.

Jul 03, 2013 9:16 am EDT

They lie right off the bat in the first consultation. I was told the first one was free. I kept telling the sales consultant that I better wait until I knew what was going on with my job but she kept saying, "don't worry, your first treatment is free"

Only to find out that is NOT the case. It's the laser hair removal version of a puppy mill. Now my hair is growing back weird and I'm not sure how to continue with hair removal after Ideal Image's sh*itty technique.

R
Mar 24, 2013 7:17 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

That's great! I have two others who would want in.

Mar 24, 2013 4:24 pm EDT

Anyone want to get together for a CLASS ACTION SUIT? Lot's of old disgruntled employees and clients!

M
Jun 13, 2022 5:28 pm EDT

I'm in!

Mar 24, 2013 4:03 pm EDT

Any disgruntled employees please contact me. We maybe able to help each other...

R
Mar 11, 2013 9:29 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I am a former employee and back up everything the other former employees posted. The company has a new CEO. His name is Bruce Fable who was the previous Nike CEO. I thought his new influences would be positive and great things would be happening. Not the case. They sold me hopes and dreams to lure me away from a good job, only to come up with some bogus reason to terminate my employment. When in reality they over calculated the market and hired too many employees when they opened my location. One employee from each department was terminated within a two month span. Coincidence? I think not! None of these employees received a verbal or written warning prior to termination. We were each accused of rediculous alligations that simply were not true or even investigated. The Regional in my area (Sara Amenn) is very inexperienced as a manager. She is 27 and truly thinks she knows everything. She would tell us one thing and we would later find out it was not true or completely wrong. She never trained or followed through with things she said she would complete. She would tell us she was coming to our location and cancel or not show up. This happened several times. When she did visit she would engage in gossip and behavior we were trained was unacceptable. She consistently talked out of both sides of her mouth. The favoritism she showed to certain employees who she like better was completely unprofessional. Before Ideal Image I was a District Sales manager for a company I worked a total of eleven years for. I was 23 when I was promoted to a Sales Director and being young and inexperienced I had a lot to learn regarding managing people. I was able to learn how to manage before given more responsibilities and another promotion. Though my title was District Sales Director and Sara is a Regional, I had more locations and managed more employees than she currently manages. I feel she truly was given an opportunity that she is unqualified for. She will NOT think twice about firing someone in order to fix her mistakes (hiring too many off the bat before letting the numbers prove the employees are needed). Her decisions on who to fire were not made off of numbers because I always brought in way more than the other sales rep. Her decisions were based off of who she liked better. Maybe she was threatened by the fact that I clearly had more business sense and sales experience. Whatever the case, I did not work there long enough to be able to give my opinion on whether the service is a rip off but I do know that as a company they know they are way more expensive but they just don't care. They said people will pay more to be treated well. They want us to make people feel like they were buying a luxury item. She said it makes poor people feel good to be treated nice. The only thing I can say is I am glad I left before the products hit the floor. We were just received our first shipment. We were told to tell people they were getting these products with their treatment. We were not allowed to tell them they were free (cause they weren't) but we were supposed to make them think they were complimentary. The prices went up in order to compensate for the products. I ethically was not comfortable with doing this. I asked if we could just exclude the products to make the pice less. i was told there were to be no exceptions. They had to purchase the products even if they didn't want them. We were being trained to say "if you don't want them just give them away as a gift" Keep in mind, clients were under the impression they were getting these products for free.
The company also ran bonuses for us to write good reviews. When we joined Yelp we had to send out an email for reviews but were told not to send a mass email to everyone but go in to the system and only send the email stating we were a part of Yelp to the happy ones.
I can't help but think the good reviews on here are from current employees.

To top it all off, all three employees that were let go had paycheck issues. I was told by Sara that my commission check (and final paycheck) would be received via regular mail. After a week I called corporate to see where it was and was told I did not sell enough to earn commission. I was let go on the 24th of January. They said I sold 60k. I know when I checked that morning I was well above 125k (80k is the number to hit to even get commission or else we get hour hourly which was very low). The other sales rep wasn't even close to hitting 80k. I learned from someone still employed there that she was paid commission. It's very disheartening because I worked really hard and even though my employment ended they should still compensate for the work I've done. I believe in my heart that someone made commission for the money I brought in. Because I was told I was getting commission and then they decided to fudge the numbers and not pay me, I have to give up my condo and will loose my car. Ideal Image was the worst thing that ever happened to me. I'll never forget what Sara told me when I was trying to decide if I should make the career change. She said "this job will change your life, it's a dream job." We'll the first part was right!

Mar 02, 2013 9:36 pm EST

I started at Ideal Image in West Hartford a month ago.

So far, my complaint is the pricing. I spent $4, 000 to get one FOURTH of my face done. With the pressure on me in the small consulting room by Rebecca I had no time to reflect. She is VERY pushy. She showed me the rates PER session, which seem reasonable except the area being treated is so small. I was duped into it. Then after I signed it, she had a complete change of attitude, saying that there was no way out of this contract, etc.

I don't think that the $4000 will get most of my chin hairs out... not to mention that sideburns and lip were not part of the deal. I'm only getting the chin treated. Anyway, Ideal is not the ideal place to get treatments. I'm going elsewhere to get the rest of my face and full body done. Especially after reading that others pay $7, 000 for full body while I paid $4000 for one FOURTH of a face, I'm pissed and rightfully so.

Jan 08, 2013 2:54 pm EST

i used to be a consultant at ideal image. we are told to just get the money and forgo any actual consideration. we are trained to make this an emotional sale and to empathize with the emotional duress that unwanted hair causes people, get the money and move to the next guest. there is no canceling their contrats once signed, just so you know. but if you truly want out of your contract get a letter from your doctor saying that you can no longer continue treatments that's the only way they will give a portion of your money back. keep in mind this is not a doctors office like they claim they pay a MD to sign off on charts but his practice is elsewhere. there are many places out there that do the same thing but are much cheaper you need to do your homework but nothing is permanent. i myself after working for this corrupt company would never trust them to do treatment. their policies are set at the highest level so even if you speak with the regional manager you will get nowhere. i am truly sorry.

Nov 17, 2012 1:18 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I'm freaking out I just got home from my second treatment but I couldn't finish because it was so painful. I'm already paying over $6, 000 dollars but they said if I wanted numbing cream would be an extra $40 and would only help with the pain a little. Plus all my hair came back after first treatment. And hair that was fine on my upper lip and sideburns is now darker and more course. Help, what should I do? Go back for third treatment and hope all goes well. Some of these comments, especially about facial hair growing back in places it wasn't before has me very worried and pissed off!

K
Nov 09, 2012 6:07 am EST

so i have had 6 treatments on my underarms. after the first couple treatments i was very happy and thought the price was totally worth the results, i had a lot less hair on my underarms and it was growing in much slower and thinner. my seventh treatment is coming up and i have been noticing for the past 3 treatments that everything is going back to the way it was before i ever started treatments except there's more hair. the small spot on my underarm that was growing hair before has doubled in size. and it grows in fast and thick. i don't make much money, but always save what i make and never do anything for myself. i finally thought i was doing something nice for myself, but instead i was actually paying $1500, 000 for more underarm hair. i wish someone would do something to help us all get our money back at the very least. :(

A
Oct 29, 2012 1:10 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I'm currently doing laser hair treatments at ideal image. I'm on my 5th one. I'm goin in tomorrow and I. Still have hair. But I can have up to. 9 treatments. Ill give feedback after all 9. Because I'm seeing I'm going to need it. I am also the perfect canidate as we'll is what they told me. So well see if it goes away

J
Oct 28, 2012 3:12 am EDT

Ok, people. Let me tell you how ideal image works. My source comes from 2 of my freinds and Me.

Freind(a) went to an ideal image at the 50 percent discount. She signed up. At 50 percent off her underarm was only gonna cost $1500. Within 2 months she realized she was being overpriced and was disgruntled about it. Freind(b) and I decided to investigate ideal image and see how it worked. Freind(b) went to get pricing and got in on the 50 percent off deal at a center only hours from freind(a). She decided to go all out and ask for armpit, full leg, bikini, and full arm. They quoted her over 20, 000 original price. But she negotiated down to $7, 500. I went 4 months later at 70 percent off. I asked for an under arm and a 1/2 leg. Because they only give you one area at the discount rate. The under arm was $3, 000 dollars. The 1/2 leg i got for $70 percent off so it was only $4063. I wanted to read the contract so I told them I'd take the deal. $7, 063! That contract limits you to the type of legal action you can take. You can't even have a trial by jury.

They don't post their prices for a reason. When they give discounts their "original prices" go up. $1500 is their under arm price before negotiation. Both my freinds, same time different centers were quoted $1500. I went 4 months later at a 70 percent promotion and it was still $1500. Wether it's regular price, 50 percent off, or 70 percent off. 1/2 leg runs about 3500 to 4000. The 1/2 leg is not consistent in pricing, but is about that. Again those were the prices weather 1/2 off or 70 percent off.

F
Oct 26, 2012 4:36 pm EDT

i hab an a appt. tomorrow i thiink i am not going... scares me! all the bad coments

J
Sep 20, 2012 10:31 am EDT

worst investment ever. liars. I hate ideal image

E
Sep 12, 2012 8:44 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have been shopping around for the best laser treat specifically for the (sideburns) and Ideal image is on every radio station imaginable! Since I had be shopping around and sideburn hair removal ranges from 50-150 dollars per session at other clinics. I had signed up for ideal image e-mails and received a 50% off summer saving deal. I thought GREAT a deal is up for grabs! The girl asked me what made you come finally decide to come in, I stated one the sale who will miss a sale in today economy? And I proceeded to say and other even with out the sale I’ve been looking around and the prices are not as bad as I thought….She gave me a look, and said “ how do you know about our prices?” I replied I don’t… I’ve been looking around and laser hair removal in general is not that expensive and we moved along.

We sat down to talk prices…. First of all no SET PRICE LIST its like they were pulling prices out the sky….the girl took out a calculator to calculate my discount of the 50% summer deal and with the discount already applied it came to be 350.00 plus dollars, per session! 2, 200.00+ dollars for 6 sessions and she said I would get an additional 3 for free life time guarantee and touch ups would be just 10% of the price going forward. In conclusion THEY ARE A SCAM, WAY TO EXPENSIVE! I went to a place 30min from me very professional clinic and got it done for 150 a session buying 3 getting one free! I DON’T RECOMMEND IDEAL TO ANYONE!

Aug 13, 2012 7:06 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We apologize that you did not enjoy your experience with us. Ideal Image strives to provide the best customer service to our guests. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at [protected] so that we may work to improve your guest experience.

Jul 04, 2012 7:55 am EDT

I have the same problem. I had the extended bikini area and my lower legs done. I have to admit, the bikini area has stayed pretty much hair free. My lower legs/knees/inner thighs, now that's another story. I finished my 9th and last treatment in November 2011 with the mindset that my hair would not grow back for a long time, if ever. I was told since I was young and had not yet had children that there was a possibility of regrowth. Now, before the treatment I had been shaving every day, sometimes twice a day. Like the girl telling her story, my final treatment (heck, all but the first) was VERY painful. I had welts on my legs, concentrated around my inner thighs for a long time. The welts eventually faded into scabs and the scabs faded into white scars that did not go away for at least six months. It has been less than a year since my final treatment and my hair has started growing back with a vengeance. I admit, I didn't need to shave at all for a few months, then the hair started growing back little by little. Now it's back to the point where I need to shave at least every other day. I'm just waiting for it to get bad enough to have to start shaving every day again. I feel like I have been lied to about how permanent this treatment was. I went into debt for two years for this "permanent" solution. In the beginning I would have been more than happy to recommend this to my friends, now, I would tell anyone to just save their money.

K
Jun 25, 2012 9:19 am EDT

I signed my contract about 3 months ago and after I signed it they told me that they will email me some papers to sign when i get approve from Chase. I never got an email or a phone call. Obviously I did get approved, no one had contacted me or call and text me like when I had set an appointment for a consultation. I got 2 late fee charges for not paying for the last two months because i didn't know that i was approved. I emailed them and the lady told me that they were under the impression that i was going to sign the papers when i go in for my first treatment. After my consultation they were suppose to call and follow up with me when i got approve or didn't get approve. Now she wants to set an appointment for my first treatment. I haven't gotten any treatments yet and I already am getting charged. I thought i was suppose to sign a form from Chase before they can charge me right? I did sign the contract already but there is a form from Chase that I was suppose to sign. I want a refund, can i still get a refund if i haven't started the treatments but Chase has already billed me? What can I do?

May 27, 2012 2:24 pm EDT

The thing that concerns me is not only is Ideal Image is a ripoff, but also Joseph Acebal"s nephew is a child sex offender. Weird family, that I know personally

Apr 30, 2012 4:58 am EDT

I think Ideal Image is fabulous, helpful and incredibly professional with their procedures. I have had unbelievable results and am planning on going back for more...

B

I spent $8, 000.00 on laser treatments and it has ruined my life. I am very pale with dark to black hair growth so naturally "I am a perfect candidate" for treatments. I paid for my full legs, half arms (up to 2 inches above my elbows), underarms, brazilian, etc... $8, 000 dollars worth. Every time I went in for treatments I was told I was getting a good reaction and I will admit that I thought I was too. Until, after the sixth treatment or so when my upper arms started itching very badly. The itching led to hair growth and now I have hair growth on my upper arms. Terminal hairs that before these treatments, I never had. Ever! I asked the manager of the location I was a member of and she told me pretty much I had no options...there was no way to prove that it was from the treatments. She said I should go to my doctor to find out about my hormone levels to check abnormalities. I did so, checked out fine. I AM NOW LIVING MY LIFE MORE SELF CONSCIENCE THEN BEFORE THE TREATMENTS! Before I could wear tank tops, sleeveless and so on. I live in Florida and I don't even want my family to see my arms anymore. I hate my body now. Not to mention I spent my life's savings on this to feel better about myself. I wish this company would stand by it's product and try to help me correct what I know to be true. An adverse reaction to the laser which has left me helpless and feeling like I made a huge mistake that I will pay for the rest of my life.

Mar 20, 2012 5:00 pm EDT

I am going through the same with them.Did Chase Advance resolve the issue in your favor.Would like to know

M
Mar 14, 2012 12:12 pm EDT

I am very unsatisfied with my results too! treated in boca raton florida, was lied too. paid $3800 .. only 40% hair loss... not recommended!

Mar 10, 2012 12:17 am EST

I've had a 3 treatments so far, it seems to work best on my dark, coarse hair (pubic region and underarms) where the hair literally falls out within a few weeks after treatment is comes back less and less; my leg hair hasn't fallen out but it is not growing back as quickly as it used to (I used to have to shave every other day without fail, now i only shave the legs a few times a week which is nice; my agent said to only do the bottom half of my legs as the top parts of my legs are not treatable (my hair is too light there)... I'm actually having my underarms done through an independent place that uses the Candela laser (the same one that Ideal uses) which was cheaper than Ideal, but decided to have the bikini/legs done through Ideal in case I moved in the future so I could get touchups with them. I will post again to let you know how things are after my treatments are done! :)

P
Feb 10, 2012 1:59 pm EST

I am having my legs, underarms and bikini treated at the Austin South Ideal Image location. My experience has been great and (for me) it was worth every penny. The consultant was very helpful and fully explained the procedure, pricing, payment options in detail. They even did an assessment during consultation and told me upfront what reduction I would expect (I am blonde so only about 60% of the hair would be gone). I am very happy with my experience. here.

D
Sep 30, 2011 2:22 am EDT

I honestly think that we could all get together and sue the company for our money back! I know i would like to have that back!

N
Sep 22, 2011 8:20 pm EDT

I had an amazing experience and I am sorry you had a bad one. All my armpit hairs are gone and the staff was timely and professional.

F
Sep 21, 2011 6:28 pm EDT

I had been dealing with unwanted hair on my back and buttocks for quite some time. I had waxed, shaved, even tried another place here in Springfield who did lasers. I guess all lasers aren't the same or maybe the people using them aren't the same or both, because I went thru some pretty painful treatments at the other place 6x with about 4-8weeks in between treatments. The hair stayed gone for a couple of weeks on some of the treatments. But a year later I was back to where I was to start with, only now with more hair, just not as course. Well that doesn't help me out. So I went in for my free consultation at Ideal Image a little skeptical, BUT I am so glad I did. I've had 3 treatments so far and the have already stopped shaving in between treatments because the hair stays gone. Plus, these treatments are more comfortable and I only come in once every 10 -12 weeks. The ladies at Ideal Image explained the difference in the lasers and why I only got minimal results at the other place. Word to the wise...you get what you pay for. I'm on target to be one smooth guy by next summer and I am pretty pumped about that. So is my wife, ha! Anyway, the ladies at Ideal Image take great care of me, got me the results I wanted, back it up with a lifetime guarantee, and gave me options on payments that fit my budget so my wife didn't wring my neck. All in all, heads above the rest! I'd recommend all my hairy friends go there. At least all the ones with brown or black hair. Sorry blonde and red haired dudes...it doesn't work for your light hair yet, or your Granny's grey or white hair either.

N
Jul 10, 2011 12:46 am EDT

Question ? if the experience was so bad- don't pay the bill. Tell them they didn't keep the contract by lying- what not.
So don't pay the bill. I am sure this is happening to thousands of people.
Do you have to pay the full amount up front? If you do too risky if you ask me. I f they were fAIR they would say " after you see good results-pay the next half of the bill. They obviously care nothing for people. I will have nothing to do with them-

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

212 complaints