Menu
ICICI Bank
reviews & complaints

ICICI Bank
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

497 complaints
171 resolved 326 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of ICICI Bank. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
8:27 am

ICICI Bank - latepaymentcharges

This month I have not received the sms messages regarding payment of credit card. cc no 5214 9312 7100 4016. and I am not in the city from 15th november to 20th of nov, 2014, 20th nov, i got a voice mail from Icici bank custormer care, payment of cc not yet received please pay the same to any icici bank branch immedietly by cash no charges will be layed. so immedietly i have gone to branch and payed cash.
in this month statement i saw that u charged for me for late payment charges of rs.500. so please look after that matter and repay me that rs.500 to my credit card.

5:04 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

A great rip off storey... Last statement I saw a new charge reward redemption fee 112/- (Date 31/10/2014) for my redemption of payback reward 700 point for 70 rupees product. That again I puchased due to a alert from icici bank saying your reward point 777 will expire soon... More over I was not informed about thisnew charge and nor it is mentioned in the...

View 0 more photos
A
12:43 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have purchased a car insurance policy No. 1303732311001753 from ICICI Lombard. They have informed me that my policy has been dispatched on 27 Oct 2014 through Madhur Courier under No. 2022100497. They have asked me to contact 8898032790/9967830899 for any query. Till date I have not received the policy document. When I tried to contact the given numbers I...

I
10:40 pm

ICICI Bank - fraud

I recently received a "welcome kit" from CPP India via my ICICI bank acct. I ignored it as I am not interested in such services. While looking over my bank statement online, I discovered that an amount of 1848 was deducted from my account. I am currently disputing this charge with CPP and ICICI bank. While I await their reply, I cannot comprehend how a reputable bank like ICICI can let crooks like CPP free access to customer account. While they don't even let me use my own money without a OTP from another laptop, how can they provide my contact info to the rest of the world and allow another company to deduct money from my acct without any form of authorization. I am very concerned about the safety of my account and am closely looking to other safer banking options for my personal, investment, and business needs.

K
9:14 am

ICICI Bank - misleading exchange rate

I initiated wire transfer to ICICI bank on 24th Sep and the exchange rate on the website was 60.00 and the transaction was completed on 25th the exchange rate on the website is 60.25 and the exchange rate which was given to me is 59.38 which is way lesser than what is displayed on their website and I lost more than 30k in the transaction, Guys please do not choose ICICI for any money transfer in future they are Frauds!

5:07 am

ICICI Bank - regarding imobile app

The imobile app is not having the Circle field while doing Prepaid Mobile Recharge. So, in that case user can not come to know that if some transaction will be applicable or not for him which he is using to make the prepaid recharge. Because of this many times the amount is deducted from the account without the successful transaction. Also it will add the value to imobile app. Please solve this problem. Thanks.

9:37 am

ICICI Bank - without registration cpp extending protection

I have been called by some and offered about Card Protection Plan and without my consent debited a sum of Rs 1850/- from my S.B.Account, ICICI Bank. Thereafter, I didn't receive any communication from them and when I called to enquire about the debit of the above amount, they simply said that they are extending Card Protection of my Cards. However, I did not provide the details about any of my Cards and yet they are telling that my Cards are being protected.

U
6:30 am

ICICI Bank - using vulgarity words

Reference Mobile number : +91 9211728604
I received a call (above mentioned mobile number) today (27 Aug 2014) from Mastercard business promotional offers, is in India. A boy/man asked me that you are using a ICICI credit card and there are offers regarding that. I replied him that I am no longer using those card. It was 3 years ago I used it. Now there is no relationship between ICICI bank and me. As soon as I replied, He used very very very most vulgarity bad words and shouting against me and disconnected the call.
This is the worst response in my life I have seen. I got frustrated and raising the complaint for your perusal. How these type of executive's are employed in your concerns. I want to know the person who spoken with me and should be punished. Kindly investigate and do the needful.
I would be keep watching this complaint for your reply.
Thanks & Regards,
Udaya kumar.K

Update by Udayakumar K
Aug 27, 2014 6:28 am

Reference Mobile number : +91 [protected]
I would be keep watching this complaint for your reply.
Thanks & Regards,
Udaya kumar.K

2 comments
M
Jun 21, 2007 12:00 am

I have the Medical policy from the ICICI lombard over my credit card. The EMI amount I was suppose to pay was 405/- against the insurance of 6000/- . So far i have not receiver the statement suddenly the message came saying i have to pay the amount of 9800/- . Since i am ready to pay the EMI amount but not the interest because this the mistake from there end. Beware!

Jun 23, 2007 12:32 am

This is bring to your kind notice that i m icici card holder no.-[protected].Two minutes before i had a conversation with their customer care executive bcz bank has debited the 300/- rs in my june statement not acceptable to me bcz i had made the payment on time. Bank executive is telling that the cheque date is 5th of june, then how it can be clear from my bank on 1st of june totally baseless communication. I think instead of bringing the discussion to a conclusion they start firing to the customer without knowing that how a customer is important to bank.

TOTALLY UNSATISFIED.

M
5:05 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello Madam/Sir This is Manish sharma and my bank account is 235701501004. it has been debited 250 rs of demat opening account fees on 22nd july 14. I called to customer care and told him regarding wrong charges because when my account has been opened that time din't tell me this charges and he agreed to refund my money with in 3 working day but i din't...

11:41 pm

ICICI Bank - worst user interface and worst bank

Hi,

I am currently in USA and since few weeks I am not able to use ICICI Bank website to manage my Bank Account. After logging into the site, whenever I click on any link, ICICI Bank is sending messages to my mobile. For each message I have to pay $0.20 to AT&T. So, just to log in and review my transaction details though the ICICI website, I have to loose few dollars.

It's the worst website ever existed on the earth. The new website user interface is ugly and many links are not working and sowing error messages along with the code. It seems ICICI website is no longer safe, there seems to be thousands of bugs and should not be used. It's high time to close bank accounts with ICICI and move to secure banks. This month I got huge mobile bill from AT&T just because of the stupid ICICI website.

After logging into the Bank Account, there is a "May I Help You" link which never works. I stay awake until midnight USA time to chat with the customer service. As soon as it's 10.00 PM, in India, I click on the "May I Help You" link to chat with the Customer Service, but the link doesn't work at all. It throws error messages. Along with the error messages I could see lots of JAVA Code. I could see the word infosys in the code in several java packages. It seems infosys developed this useless buggy website.

I am closing my account with ICICI Bank and my request to ICICI Bank is please ensure user friendly interface to the customers, don't send hundreds of messages(OTP Passwords) to the customers, the messages are expensive in USA. Also, make sure Chat service of the site is working. Currently many links are not working and the site is utter use less and costly because of the multiple OTP passwords you are sending for a single user log in session.

Thanks,
Ramesh.

B
10:25 am

ICICI Bank - how to raise a legal action against money2india

I transferred some dollars from my US account to debit card in India one month back. The money never got transferred and whenever I call/mail the customer service its the same answer "it got transferred". I submitted even the beneficiary bank account statement to prove the transfer never happened, but the same reply.

I think this will never get resolved and ICICI support has no idea of how money transfer works to resolve an issue. Im going to raise a legal action against money2india, if anyone in this group done so, please inform how to do it.

B
2:08 am

ICICI Bank - no urn messages

Hi,
I'm a account holder with ICICI Bank, RT Nagar Branch, Bangalore. I have my Oman number registered with this bank. Currently, from past one week, I'm not receiving any messages w.r.t transactions or confirming payees. I spoke to the customer care and was advised that everything is fine from their end. However, I receive other messages to this number hence network issue may also be ignored.
Hope the concerned people look into this and do the needful at the earliest.

Binu B

1 comment
J
Sep 11, 2014 4:35 am

ICICI is the worst bank. i lost Rs.5000/- from this bank in early 2000 because of their "CUSTMER SERVICE".

5:51 am

ICICI Bank - cheated and misled by employee of iciciprulife

I have been cheated and misled by employee and staff of iciciprulife insurance company who forced us to believe that we can claim medical bills against wealth builder policy at the end of year. He had to achieve his company target at year end hence he sold policy worth rs80, 000 / -
To both of us. Rs 25, 00 / - each against wealth builder policy and rs 15, 000 / -
Against hospital care policy.

5 comments
Aug 28, 2014 7:38 am

Dear Mr. Singhal,

We wish to inform you that the concern highlighted by you has been reviewed. Accordingly, a communication has been sent to your registered email address with the details of the resolution offered.

Aug 28, 2014 6:29 am

Dear Mr. Raje,

We understand our representative has contacted you and resolved your concern to your satisfaction. Accordingly, a communication has been sent to your registered email address. Is there anything else we may assist you with?

In case of any clarification, please contact us on our Customer Care number [protected] or write to us at [email protected]

Aug 20, 2014 4:36 am

Dear Mr. Singhal,

We are sorry to hear your concern. Our representative will get in touch with you in the next 4 hours to assist you with your concern.

We appreciate your patience.

V
Aug 16, 2014 6:48 am

Dear
WE buy a policy no-[protected] 4 year before, but now submitting the claim they are rejecting every time.

Vivek Singhal
[protected]

Jul 14, 2014 7:06 am

Dear Mr. Raje,

We regret the inconvenience caused. We understand our representative has contacted you and acknowledged your concern. Please be assured that the concern highlighted by you is currently being reviewed and we shall keep you posted on the further development of the case.

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi, I have ICICI bank account in India and currently i have been moved to USA. I have activated my India registered number with me for ICICI Bank use only. I have to transfer some amount to India and its very very very urgent for me. I am trying to add a payee around 7-8 times but every time i am not getting URN for adding the payee. When i called Customer...

7:06 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ICICI Bank - cheating and misguided by staff of iciciprulife insurance company

I have been cheated and misled to believe that i can claim medical bills against new policy of iciciprulife insurance company= wealth builder at the end of the year this was done by their staff mr vaibhav pisal and mr for - manager of vaibhav pisal. I had been misled and cheated by them for purchasing the said policy. Policy no 17206600 and 17205765 for self and my wife mrs madhuri raje. I was told that they will help me to get back my money by adjusting policy amount each of rs 25, 000 / - against another policy of iciciprulife =pinnacle fund policy pls help me to get back my hard earned money sushil v raje mobile no 9987883552

A
3:23 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been a customer of ICICI bank for 10+ years and I am a privilege customer too. Recently, I have travelled to US and my India number is not working. I need to add a payee urgently to transfer some funds to India. I did the registration online and the ICICI bank website said I can call customer care to get the payee confirmed since I am travelling...

I
3:08 am

ICICI Bank - non refund of a wrong transaction

i am a customer of ICICI Bank from 2007. there was no problem at all for all these years. but now, from march 2014, i have been running behind them for one of the txn. i made a transaction on 22/3/2014 towards Vodafone by mistake towards my Vodafone mobile number which was cancelled two years back through bill pay services for an amount of 6510.i called ICICI Bank on the next day and told about this. the customer care representative advised me to check with Vodafone so that they will reverse the amount. i contacted Vodafone and ran behind them almost two months and then they have credited the amount back on 16/5/2014. but immediately the same amount got debited back with the same transaction date of 22/3/2014. i reached Vodafone again and they have confirmed in the mail that they didn't debit it again and i need to contact ICICI. i reached ICICI and told the customer care agent about this and he gave me a complaint number SR324922248 and told that i will also get an sms of the same. but, i didn't get any such sms and i raised one more complaint online. they have closed the request without providing any solution and when i try to call them, they always put me on hold and disconnect after sometime. in short there are two debits in my account with the date 22/03/2014. one in my April, 2014 statement and one in June, 2014 statement. but only one credit on 16/5/2014 in my June month's statement. i need to get the amount credited back which is debited for the second time. i have been trying and fed with the customer care agents. i don't know whom to contact and how to resolve this. hope someone would read this and solve my issue.

V
9:36 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

today, i wasted 3 precious hours of my life, on something that upon hearing will make you burst out in laughter. All i wanted was to add a payee so that i could transfer funds to him. Well, for some mysterious reasons, i wasn't getting the URN which is required to confirm the payee. Now, i called up the CC team three times, but all three attempts were...

P
12:21 am

ICICI Bank - icici prudential life insurance fraudulent

ICICI Prudential advisers LAL BAHADUR GUPTA and SAWAN TIWARI sold me a GSIP policy no 17912074 of RS 50000/yr and promised a loan of Rs/- 1000000 against the policy in July 2013, that I was needed. Whenever I called him, they told me loaning will take time and you will get a call from loan department after your policy get confirmed. In Nov 2013, I received a mail about loan stating "You have applied for a loan in ICICI bank on behalf of a investment plan, loan amount is 1000000 and interest rate is 2% yearly. You have already paid 50000 and your due amount is 20000. Your loan will be sectioned with in 35 day after pay the due amount". I received a call from EKTA, representing her as a loan executive from ICIC bank, confirming the above statement. They sold me another policy no 18239947 of RS 20000/yr. Finally, after 8 months, I came to know that they all have cheated me.

2 comments
Apr 29, 2014 5:34 am

Dear Mr. Kumar,

In case of any further clarification, please contact us on our Customer Care number [protected] or write to us at [email protected] from your registered email id.

Apr 15, 2014 1:56 am

Dear Mr. Kumar,

We regret the inconvenience caused. Our representative tried contacting you on the provided contact number however could not establish a contact. We will try contacting you again today.

ICICI Prudential Life Insurance

W
8:50 am

ICICI Bank - Cant add payee while abroad

I saw this complaint being filed earlier too, however no one seems to have done anything. I want to add payee in my account and I can not do anything. While I spoke to CC agent Ashish, he directed me towards mobile banking "change the phone number form and asked me courier it in Hyderabad. In other he is asking me to wait for another 15 days while I wait to complete my transaction. I do understand that there are security aspects to it, but at least there should be alternatives for genuine customer service.

ICICI Bank contacts