Icelandcashier

alan melville. (customers name)
[protected]@hotmail.co.uk (customers email address)
cashiers name marie
store manager matt lamb
store's telephone number [protected]

I went to iceland 27/08/11 at approx 5.45pm to buy something for my tea, the total of my purchases was £3.00, for which i paid the exact amount so needed no change. When i went to pay the cashier, marie it says her name is, was too busy chatting to another staff member from iceland whilst serving me. I paid for my food. put it in a bag and went to walk out. Marie the cashier, shouted me back, saying she gave me three pounds change when she was not meant to. After a couple of minutes of me trying to tell her she had nt, as i only had £4.80 cash on me and my food come to £3 pounds, which obviously left me with £1.80 in cash on me. The Security Guard came over demanding that i give the cashier the money back and that i was lying!! he then, at the till, made me empty my pockets and patted me down looking for this so called £3 pounds, when he could only find £1.80 in cash on me he kept saying where's the money??Please bear in mind it was 5 45 on a saturday teatime and the store was busy. After i had been humiliated for about 5 minutes in front of the whole store, the cashier, Marie, said " i'm sure i gave him £3.00 change, i must have made a mistake, and if it is not, i'll have to put it in myself later", marie the cashier had a big smirk on her face. The fact that scares me is... that if i would of had more cash on me, what would of happened?? also the humiliation i suffered because she was too busy chatting to her workmates, i must say, that was very unprofessional, i think this member of staff needs more training in Customer Care skills!!! The fact i was facing, false accusations and the showing up i had, has played on my mind all tonight, .So now, i am making a FORMAL COMPLAINT, about this member of staff, Marie, so no one else has to go through what i when through tonight. i dont think i'll ever shop at iceland again, the treatment i received was disgusting.
alan melville