Hungry Jack'sdisgusting burgers

K Review updated:

When Hungry Jack's is good, it's delicious; but when it is bad, it's enough to turn your bowels to water. Recently, I have had poor quality meals delived to me on two occasions:

The first time was in november-december 2008, I went to Hungry Jack's Loganholme, and it was close to closing time. I asked the staff if they were still serving, they said 'yes', and proceeded to take my order - a whopper value meal. When I got home I opened the burger to check - as I always do - if it was edible, and as I ordered: it was not edible; the patty was cold, undercooked, and looked as if it had been taken off the floor. In addition to this, there was hardly any lettuce, and what lettuce there was looked like something that belonged in the trash: brown and disgusting; the 2 pieces of tomato were soggy, sad looking things, which again, looked like they belonged in the trash. On top of all this the burger smelled BAD. If I had eaten this thing, i would have been ill for sure. If the staff didn't want to make me a burger worth eating, they shouldn't have bothered!
The second time I received a substandard meal was on Tuesday the 17th of February, at 9am. I was at Tugun, and spied a Hungry Jack's store and decided they 'deserved another try', so i entered and proceeded to place my order - a whopper value meal. i received my meal in a timely fashion, but again, the burger was crap. This time the salad on the burger seemed to be edible, but the patty was a foul, diseased, undercooked, and smelly thing - it had these discoloured pustules on it, which, of course, turned my stomach: i promptly launched that burger out of my car window. Honestly, that patty looked as if had been festering in a corner somewhere for X days. I don't know why this happens to me; i am always courteous to the staff, as i know what it's like to work in customer service. i'm not complaining in order to get a 'free' meal or anything. Truth be told, i won't be eating there - or anywhere else - again. Hungry Jack's has put me off fast food, probably indefinetly.

• Updated by Demiana · Nov 19, 2017

Hi I just wanted to know how much Whopper ceaser and tendercrsip
    caesar would be in a large meal

• Updated by pradeep balachandran · Mar 12, 2018

Bourke St & Russell St, Melbourne VIC 3000

And hhhh Aug 04, 2019

Service is terrific make custom wait just to get an order. I walk out after 5 mins standing for order.

• Se
    sellar1988 Jun 16, 2019

order nuber 1896 they forgot y bacon deluxe and my chicken nuggets when menu log delivered it

• Me
    Melanie Roberts Jun 15, 2019

Disappointed this is what i got how bad value i normally at least get lettuce and big chunks of onion was like so gross always prefer hungry jacks but not anymore not good value for money

• Se
    Sellar007 Jun 05, 2019

I had drove thew the drive thru and i never receved my burger and chips i onley noticed when i got home

• Un
    Unna Darty Apr 30, 2019

Every family member ate ' and everyone was violently ill.

h

J

• Wayneqld Mar 09, 2019

Nuggets tossed into the bottom of the paper bag. Service was absolutely shocking. I spend plenty of money. Every week I go there no less than 3 times a week. I request free food from hungry jacks. I'd even be happy with an apology from them.

Angmla Jan 22, 2019

Hungry Jack's woodridge. Ordered meal with sparkling water. Took drink back because was flat due to expiring. Jami on counter responded with "so don't drink it". Received tap water in cup of ice as replacement. Very disgusted with this service.

Jassbrar Nov 12, 2018

We went on richland hungery jack yesterday . We ordered 4 veggie burgers meals and one super stunning meal . All burgers was cold and not good . I said to staff put parri parri sauce on burgers but they cant . They want make burgers properly . We was very disappointed about staff and food . We wasted our money .

• In
    indy456 Nov 11, 2018

We live across the road from this hungry jacks and it is a waste of space, every time we go there which is at least 2 or 3 times a week they have no frozen drinks or Angus burgers and quite often get told cash only.

What is the point of opening a less than standard hj's if it does not offer customers what's on the menu.

Narinda Nov 01, 2018

Why on earth would you change to battered onion rings instead of the crumbed ones. Hungry Jack's is the only place we can get them and today we got served these mushy oil filled rings of soggy battered mess. We will not be buying them any more. Is there a chance you will change back to nice crunchy crumbed ones again?

Jackie Casten Oct 31, 2018

Every time I buy one from the restaurant in Bathurst it is burnt so much it tastes like charcoal.
    I am usually on the run and cannot check straight away, but I do let them know I would not like a burnt burger but it still happens.
    I am only saying this as it has happened a number of times and I really do not want to go back there again

not normal Oct 21, 2018

the food was steal the bun was very crisp and made my roof of my mouth sore

• Ji
    Jinesh Patel Oct 21, 2018

Today 29 th july i placed an order at algester store and it was not good quality of bun as well one of that burgers have small bun on bottom section. All burgers looks like made before an hour ago.

I need credit for this

Sam Nour Kerde Oct 15, 2018

On the 06/08/17 I got two whopper meals and they were cold, so I returned them and was given two news whoppers, we ate them buy force as we were hungry, they were disgusting. the fries were also cold plus dark gold colour. worst eat out we have had in a long time. The food keeps repeating on us. Not happy,

• Am
    Amanda Doug Fleming Sep 20, 2018

7.40om on the 17th August, waited over 10mins for a bbq smokey angus burger. Was served my burger with a completely charcoal burger pattie

• Co
    conners Sep 10, 2018

when ready i could not make it back straight away due to being a single father with w 3 yr old son i had to get him ready for bed.. also i had to cook my own dinner that night because i dont believe in taking away a burger from my son i was very upset due to im on a pension and also the whole purpose was to save me from cooking that night.

Chloe1234567 Sep 10, 2018

I know of a manager that is currently in a relationship with a staff member and I find that it is very unprofessional towards the work place and other staff as he would favour this staff member over the others. I believe that this is against the rules of employenent and should be further looked into.

Sam Tima Sep 10, 2018

Very poor customer service. After they made a mistake, they made me return the burgers and they corrected with the same burgers.
    They returned the burgers very cold.

• De
    Demiana Sep 06, 2018

Hi I just wanted to know how much Whopper caesar and tandercrsip caesar would be in a large mealAt Hungry jacks in Brimbank please

• Aw
    Awshaf Sep 05, 2018

I ordered a large spirit without ice cubes but the managers refused it to give without the ice cudes! Manager subash that guys name with a tatoo on his left hand

• Ad
    Adam John Merrett Sep 05, 2018

I was at Hungry Jack's Fremantle Western Australia and I went to the toilet and when I finished number 2 there was no toilet paper I had to wipe my bum with my hand and wash it in the sink and they wouldn't compensate me

Jade Newport Sep 02, 2018

I ordered 2 hunger tamers through drive through, got all the way home to find the Chips were half full and not fresh and we got a different burger than we had asked for as well, I had no fuel to come back and get the order fixed . I'd just like to have my problem resolved as soon as possible .

• Pa
    Paula McCrea Sep 01, 2018

Your frozen drink has some colour dye in it that has stained my kitchen work bench.

Not only am I livid about the permanent damage to my kitchen but I'm extremely concerned about what this is doing to my kids health having ingested it.

I'd like a full explanation and will take this to the highest level including media as this is NOT acceptable.

• Lu
    Lucie Claire Sep 01, 2018

Every single time I go to the baldivis hungry jacks I receive nothing but cold old onion rings, last time I went I was lucky enough to receive some brown lettuce on my whopper too.
    Seriously this is horrible I know so many people that live in baldivis yet travel to Port Kennedy hj's just to get the fresh food.

• Su
    Surmeet Singh Aug 28, 2018

Patty of burger was cold and it looks like burger was not made fresh, it was already ready before i order.

• Ha
    Harman Randhawa Aug 28, 2018

Ordered the grilled burger which was stale and aksed for the fresh one. Waited for like 10 minutes and still got the stale burger again.

• Ro
    Robert Metz Aug 21, 2018

Hello, I would like to report this woman been rude & disrespectful at Deaf people. I would like to give her warning.

This girl doesn't give paper and pen to her when customer say she was deaf...

Many deaf community are really angry with her.

Date is 21/3/18
    Time: 3:19pm

• Pr
    pradeep balachandran Aug 21, 2018

Hi

i was ordering a burger from the store, he was a manager ( asian guy)
    wont even listen the order i am giving me, and was looking somewere else,
    bad attitude . He did miss some items in the burger and felt very unhappy.

• Me
    Melanie Ratima Aug 20, 2018

I have had 5 grilled chicken burgers from beaudesert/browns plains/McGregor brisbane. Hungry Jacks at various time. Every burger has had yuck chicken peices in it. Mainly overcooked in the microwave. The main part The Chicken is not on par. I keep going back as and trying different because i like this meal.

Nathan and Sarah Belthouser Aug 20, 2018

due to staff not listening to my order they stuffed my order up then I had to use my eftpos twice to pay for my order. It happens frequently in my home town gympie. I would change to mcdonalds but their food sucks. I love going to hungry jack especially for your per I per I burgers and ultimate whopper and frozen drinks

• Sh
    Shamimul ahsan Aug 20, 2018

I order for a meal to dine in. While waiting They pack some item and some other just throw on table top in unhygienic condition and say here is your order take it. Staff keep gossiping and not taking care and serving food unhygienic way.

Very unhygienic and poor service; just gossiping and not serving as per the customer demand.

Sammybassett Aug 16, 2018

No 6 pack of nuggets and no 2x bbq sauce

• Sc
    S chauhan Aug 15, 2018

Today I went to Brisbane airport hungry Jack's nearly 2.00pm. the girl who was taking orders she was very rude . And said don't come here again . I just took her few seconds to show the vaocher . She was very angry on this and said don't come here again.this

Sai krishna33/ Aug 15, 2018

I take super stunner and i informed to add peri peri sauce in the burger and they told me its 30 cents extra and they add but they failed to add sauce

• Ki
    Ki-Anne Marie Lattin Aug 14, 2018

The meat on the burgers looked unfresh the Bacon was dried out and seemed unfresh with black spots on it, also smelt yuck and I took one bite it tasted gross I buy bacon deluxe burgers at least 3 times a week never have I ever had one like that

Narracott Oct 09, 2015

On Thursday evening we attended Hungry jacks at Glenorchy in Tasmania, the customer service was beyond a joke .
    The shop wasn't very clean not like it has been every other time we have visited the business.
    Our friend ordered take away luckily he lived just down the road got home to find half his order missing
    If this service continues we will no longer be visiting your stores around Tasmania we will take our business else where.
    The standards of Hungry Jacks has dropped as a FAMILY RESTAURANT.
    We understand you employ young ones but there needs to be an older person in charge to make sure customers are being served at a reasonable time line.
    Narracott Family

• Ar
    Arien Scholten Dec 18, 2012

Another cold meal at hungry jacks Jesmond, burgers cold chips cold, complained to duty manager, Could not care less. Lost me as a customer.

• Oh
    OH COLD Aug 28, 2012

Why at all hungry stores are the meals cold i understand on saving electricity but ha use the thermometers yous have a great product but cold cold yak thank you BOB

Janet McK Aug 24, 2011

24/08/2011. Went to Hungry Jacks at Alexandra hills tonight at 1800hrs and order 2 meals. 1. Tendercrisp bacon & chicken meal deal. 2. Tendercrisp chicken meal deal. We also ordered 2 Caramel sundeas with this. I live not 5 minutes from the Alexandra Hills store. The chips for both meals were cold, not warm, completely cold. Icecream Sundeas, why have the sizes for the sundeas been downsized but the cost is still the same!!! This is not good enough, have been a regular user of Hungry Jacks, when ever I work late. Not anymore, Iwill be keeping tinned soup or noodles for these occassions from now on, so you have just lost another dissatisfied customer

• St
    Steenetrick Apr 18, 2011

Just phone up the corporate office and threaten to report the store in question to the local health authority, that scares them way more than naming and shaming on a complaints forum.