Hungry Jack'sdisgusting burgers

K Review updated:

When Hungry Jack's is good, it's delicious; but when it is bad, it's enough to turn your bowels to water. Recently, I have had poor quality meals delived to me on two occasions:

The first time was in november-december 2008, I went to Hungry Jack's Loganholme, and it was close to closing time. I asked the staff if they were still serving, they said 'yes', and proceeded to take my order - a whopper value meal. When I got home I opened the burger to check - as I always do - if it was edible, and as I ordered: it was not edible; the patty was cold, undercooked, and looked as if it had been taken off the floor. In addition to this, there was hardly any lettuce, and what lettuce there was looked like something that belonged in the trash: brown and disgusting; the 2 pieces of tomato were soggy, sad looking things, which again, looked like they belonged in the trash. On top of all this the burger smelled BAD. If I had eaten this thing, i would have been ill for sure. If the staff didn't want to make me a burger worth eating, they shouldn't have bothered!
The second time I received a substandard meal was on Tuesday the 17th of February, at 9am. I was at Tugun, and spied a Hungry Jack's store and decided they 'deserved another try', so i entered and proceeded to place my order - a whopper value meal. i received my meal in a timely fashion, but again, the burger was crap. This time the salad on the burger seemed to be edible, but the patty was a foul, diseased, undercooked, and smelly thing - it had these discoloured pustules on it, which, of course, turned my stomach: i promptly launched that burger out of my car window. Honestly, that patty looked as if had been festering in a corner somewhere for X days. I don't know why this happens to me; i am always courteous to the staff, as i know what it's like to work in customer service. i'm not complaining in order to get a 'free' meal or anything. Truth be told, i won't be eating there - or anywhere else - again. Hungry Jack's has put me off fast food, probably indefinetly.

• Demiana's Response · Nov 19, 2017

Hi I just wanted to know how much Whopper ceaser and tendercrsip
    caesar would be in a large meal

• pradeep balachandran's Response · Mar 12, 2018

Bourke St & Russell St, Melbourne VIC 3000

• F
      Nov 12, 2009

I agree I ams customer for this fast food and usuallly after work go there specially in the first foodcord of rundel
    mull I can't stand the sales person they are very impolite bad all of my friend gree with me.

• B
      Jun 04, 2010

i always ask that the food be hot and it's always fkn COLD, , , , soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick to death of simple requests not being met...
    The store in question is at Bulleen Plaza Melbourne, , , Name and shame so that we might start getting some hot food...

Apr 18, 2011

Just phone up the corporate office and threaten to report the store in question to the local health authority, that scares them way more than naming and shaming on a complaints forum.

Aug 24, 2011

24/08/2011. Went to Hungry Jacks at Alexandra hills tonight at 1800hrs and order 2 meals. 1. Tendercrisp bacon & chicken meal deal. 2. Tendercrisp chicken meal deal. We also ordered 2 Caramel sundeas with this. I live not 5 minutes from the Alexandra Hills store. The chips for both meals were cold, not warm, completely cold. Icecream Sundeas, why have the sizes for the sundeas been downsized but the cost is still the same!!! This is not good enough, have been a regular user of Hungry Jacks, when ever I work late. Not anymore, Iwill be keeping tinned soup or noodles for these occassions from now on, so you have just lost another dissatisfied customer

• O
      Aug 28, 2012

Why at all hungry stores are the meals cold i understand on saving electricity but ha use the thermometers yous have a great product but cold cold yak thank you BOB

Dec 18, 2012

Another cold meal at hungry jacks Jesmond, burgers cold chips cold, complained to duty manager, Could not care less. Lost me as a customer.

Oct 09, 2015

On Thursday evening we attended Hungry jacks at Glenorchy in Tasmania, the customer service was beyond a joke .
    The shop wasn't very clean not like it has been every other time we have visited the business.
    Our friend ordered take away luckily he lived just down the road got home to find half his order missing
    If this service continues we will no longer be visiting your stores around Tasmania we will take our business else where.
    The standards of Hungry Jacks has dropped as a FAMILY RESTAURANT.
    We understand you employ young ones but there needs to be an older person in charge to make sure customers are being served at a reasonable time line.
    Narracott Family

• K
      Aug 14, 2018
    Hungry Jack's Australia - Food
    Islington
    Australia

The meat on the burgers looked unfresh the Bacon was dried out and seemed unfresh with black spots on it, also smelt yuck and I took one bite it tasted gross I buy bacon deluxe burgers at least 3 times a week never have I ever had one like that

Aug 15, 2018
    Hungry Jack's Australia - Charged for the peri peri sauce but they fail to add in burger
    Melbourne
    Arkansas

I take super stunner and i informed to add peri peri sauce in the burger and they told me its 30 cents extra and they add but they failed to add sauce

Aug 15, 2018
    Hungry Jack's Australia - Bad behavior by a staff girl who was taking orders.
    Australia

Today I went to Brisbane airport hungry Jack's nearly 2.00pm. the girl who was taking orders she was very rude . And said don't come here again . I just took her few seconds to show the vaocher . She was very angry on this and said don't come here again.this

Aug 16, 2018
    Hungry Jack's Australia - Forgot items
    Punt road

No 6 pack of nuggets and no 2x bbq sauce

Hungry Jack's Australia - Poor customer service
    Salisbury
    Australia

I order for a meal to dine in. While waiting They pack some item and some other just throw on table top in unhygienic condition and say here is your order take it. Staff keep gossiping and not taking care and serving food unhygienic way.

Very unhygienic and poor service; just gossiping and not serving as per the customer demand.

Hungry Jack's Australia - drive thru
    Gympie
    hungryjacks.com.au

due to staff not listening to my order they stuffed my order up then I had to use my eftpos twice to pay for my order. It happens frequently in my home town gympie. I would change to mcdonalds but their food sucks. I love going to hungry jack especially for your per I per I burgers and ultimate whopper and frozen drinks

• M
    Hungry Jack's Australia - Grilled Chicken Burger
    Australia

I have had 5 grilled chicken burgers from beaudesert/browns plains/McGregor brisbane. Hungry Jacks at various time. Every burger has had yuck chicken peices in it. Mainly overcooked in the microwave. The main part The Chicken is not on par. I keep going back as and trying different because i like this meal.

• P
      Aug 21, 2018
    Hungry Jack's Australia - bad customer service -manager.
    brouke st

Hi

i was ordering a burger from the store, he was a manager ( asian guy)
    wont even listen the order i am giving me, and was looking somewere else,
    bad attitude . He did miss some items in the burger and felt very unhappy.

• R
      Aug 21, 2018
    Hungry Jack's Australia - I am complaint about woman who work at hungry's jack (Anzac Highway)
    Adelaide
    Australia

Hello, I would like to report this woman been rude & disrespectful at Deaf people. I would like to give her warning.

This girl doesn't give paper and pen to her when customer say she was deaf...

Many deaf community are really angry with her.

Date is 21/3/18
    Time: 3:19pm

• H
      Aug 28, 2018
    Hungry Jack's Australia - Burger
    hungryjacks.com.au

Ordered the grilled burger which was stale and aksed for the fresh one. Waited for like 10 minutes and still got the stale burger again.

Aug 28, 2018
    Hungry Jack's Australia - Veggie burger
    Melbourne
    Australia

Patty of burger was cold and it looks like burger was not made fresh, it was already ready before i order.

• L
      Sep 01, 2018
    Hungry Jack's Australia - onion rings whopper w cheese burger
    Australia

Every single time I go to the baldivis hungry jacks I receive nothing but cold old onion rings, last time I went I was lucky enough to receive some brown lettuce on my whopper too.
    Seriously this is horrible I know so many people that live in baldivis yet travel to Port Kennedy hj's just to get the fresh food.

• P
      Sep 01, 2018
    Hungry Jack's Australia - frozen drink
    Smithfield
    Australia

Your frozen drink has some colour dye in it that has stained my kitchen work bench.

Not only am I livid about the permanent damage to my kitchen but I'm extremely concerned about what this is doing to my kids health having ingested it.

I'd like a full explanation and will take this to the highest level including media as this is NOT acceptable.

Sep 02, 2018
    Hungry Jack's Australia - hunger tamer boxes
    Tewantin
    Australia

I ordered 2 hunger tamers through drive through, got all the way home to find the Chips were half full and not fresh and we got a different burger than we had asked for as well, I had no fuel to come back and get the order fixed . I'd just like to have my problem resolved as soon as possible .

Sep 05, 2018
    Hungry Jack's Australia - toilet's
    Australia

I was at Hungry Jack's Fremantle Western Australia and I went to the toilet and when I finished number 2 there was no toilet paper I had to wipe my bum with my hand and wash it in the sink and they wouldn't compensate me

Sep 05, 2018
    Hungry Jack's Australia - drinks for ice cubes
    Forest Hill
    Hunjryjacks.com.au

I ordered a large spirit without ice cubes but the managers refused it to give without the ice cudes! Manager subash that guys name with a tatoo on his left hand

• D
      Sep 06, 2018
    Hungry Jack's Australia - whopper ceaser and tandercrsip
    Brimbank
    Hungryjacks.com

Hi I just wanted to know how much Whopper caesar and tandercrsip caesar would be in a large mealAt Hungry jacks in Brimbank please

Hungry Jack's Australia - service
    Hallam
    Australia

Very poor customer service. After they made a mistake, they made me return the burgers and they corrected with the same burgers.
    They returned the burgers very cold.

• C
    Hungry Jack's Australia - something against procedure
    Morayfield

I know of a manager that is currently in a relationship with a staff member and I find that it is very unprofessional towards the work place and other staff as he would favour this staff member over the others. I believe that this is against the rules of employenent and should be further looked into.

• C
    Hungry Jack's Australia - was not given what I paid for
    Adelaide
    Australia

when ready i could not make it back straight away due to being a single father with w 3 yr old son i had to get him ready for bed.. also i had to cook my own dinner that night because i dont believe in taking away a burger from my son i was very upset due to im on a pension and also the whole purpose was to save me from cooking that night.

Sep 20, 2018
    Hungry Jack's Australia - smokey angus burger
    Townsville
    Australia

7.40om on the 17th August, waited over 10mins for a bbq smokey angus burger. Was served my burger with a completely charcoal burger pattie

Oct 15, 2018
    Hungry Jack's Australia - cold food
    Milperra
    New South Wales
    Australia

On the 06/08/17 I got two whopper meals and they were cold, so I returned them and was given two news whoppers, we ate them buy force as we were hungry, they were disgusting. the fries were also cold plus dark gold colour. worst eat out we have had in a long time. The food keeps repeating on us. Not happy,

Oct 21, 2018
    Hungry Jack's Australia - complaing about my order for 2 vagge whooper
    Australia

Today 29 th july i placed an order at algester store and it was not good quality of bun as well one of that burgers have small bun on bottom section. All burgers looks like made before an hour ago.

I need credit for this

Oct 21, 2018
    Hungry Jack's Australia - food
    Bunbury
    Australia

the food was steal the bun was very crisp and made my roof of my mouth sore

Oct 31, 2018
    Hungry Jack's Australia - Grilled Chicken Burger
    Bathurst
    New South Wales
    Australia

Every time I buy one from the restaurant in Bathurst it is burnt so much it tastes like charcoal.
    I am usually on the run and cannot check straight away, but I do let them know I would not like a burnt burger but it still happens.
    I am only saying this as it has happened a number of times and I really do not want to go back there again

Nov 01, 2018
    Hungry Jack's Australia - Battered onion rings
    Morayfield
    Australia

Why on earth would you change to battered onion rings instead of the crumbed ones. Hungry Jack's is the only place we can get them and today we got served these mushy oil filled rings of soggy battered mess. We will not be buying them any more. Is there a chance you will change back to nice crunchy crumbed ones again?

• I
      Nov 11, 2018
    Hungry Jack's Australia - waterford w. a hungry jacks not up to standard
    Australia

We live across the road from this hungry jacks and it is a waste of space, every time we go there which is at least 2 or 3 times a week they have no frozen drinks or Angus burgers and quite often get told cash only.

What is the point of opening a less than standard hj's if it does not offer customers what's on the menu.

Nov 12, 2018
    Hungry Jack's - food
    Richlands
    Australia

We went on richland hungery jack yesterday . We ordered 4 veggie burgers meals and one super stunning meal . All burgers was cold and not good . I said to staff put parri parri sauce on burgers but they cant . They want make burgers properly . We was very disappointed about staff and food . We wasted our money .

Jan 22, 2019
    Hungry Jack's Australia - Customer service
    Logan City
    Australia

Hungry Jack's woodridge. Ordered meal with sparkling water. Took drink back because was flat due to expiring. Jami on counter responded with "so don't drink it". Received tap water in cup of ice as replacement. Very disgusted with this service.

•   Mar 09, 2019
    Hungry Jack's Australia - Stunner meal
    Australia

Nuggets tossed into the bottom of the paper bag. Service was absolutely shocking. I spend plenty of money. Every week I go there no less than 3 times a week. I request free food from hungry jacks. I'd even be happy with an apology from them.

• U
      Apr 30, 2019
    Hungry Jacks - Whopper
    Falcon mandurah WA
    Australia

Every family member ate ' and everyone was violently ill.

h

J

Jun 05, 2019
    Hungry Jack's Australia - Food
    Whyalla
    Australia

I had drove thew the drive thru and i never receved my burger and chips i onley noticed when i got home

• M
      Jun 15, 2019
    Hungry Jack's Australia - Whopper junior
    Australia

Disappointed this is what i got how bad value i normally at least get lettuce and big chunks of onion was like so gross always prefer hungry jacks but not anymore not good value for money