Hughesnetbad for gaming

C

I wanted high speed internet so I can play online games and brows the internet faster. After getting Hughes satalite internet my gaming was very laggy to the point where I was unable to play. After months of researching each of my games I finally found out it was my internet's speed that was not fast enough. I called Hughes and they told me their internet isnt for gaming becauseit is because the upload speed is to slow, however, the download speed is fast.

Becides that, my service is laggy when just surfing the internet. I will often get disconnected, and for weeks at a time I will have reduced browsing speed because of "high internet use in my area."

I pay about $70 + a month for this service. Compared to other forms of high speed internet like Cable or DSL, I can get twice as fast internet servie, (both uploading and downloading) that works all the time, for $30.00 less a month.

Confused arnt you.

• Hu
    hughes net sucks Jun 27, 2009

I just got it and about an hour after they left i tried to play on xbox live and it makes my xbox freeze and the connections horrible.I have tried multiple times and only once i got on for about 2 minuts then it kicked me off. also when online you can only get on 1 computer at a time.They told me it was great for gaming and you could have multiple computers online, but its all just a scam to get you hooked on crapy internet for two years.

• Le
    LeafsFan2005 Apr 13, 2009

The reason Hughes has a "fair access policy" is simple: it's a satellite ISP and everything has to go through the satellite and, unfortunately, Hughes doesn't have a lot of those orbiting the planet. Here on the planet, everything is routed through wires and routers. With satellite the signal has to be sent to the satellite, which takes about a second then get routed to the proper station on the ground, then receive a reply and make sure it gets routed back to your satellite. This isn't exactly easy when the satellite is 20, 000+ miles away and if it were to get overloaded with so many requests at once and broke down, then it's not as easy to fix. Hence "fair access".

Of course "fair access" to Hughes means just using the Internet to check your e-mail. I don't think they understand yet that broadband Internet is for watching videos and playing games.

• Gt
    >/?. Apr 13, 2009

HUGHES SUCKS but my surfing and gaming is really not TOO laggy yes its not as good as dsl or cable not it beats dial up butr i hate this "fair access policy" i mean wtf noother forms of internet have it

• Is
    isaiah Jul 24, 2008

ya same here. i try to play w.o.w. and get nothing but lag. i upgraded and got the static ip and saw apsolutly no change in game play, just the pocket book. so i downgraded and it plays the same :(.
    this is the only internet avable to me in my area so im stuck.

• Ki
    Kimberly Jul 21, 2008

I feel your pain. I have hughes net also and I can't do hardly anything!!! Even if I watch youtube videos for about 30minutes I will go over what they call "fair access limit". If I didn't live so far in the country I would have cable or dsl. For now Hughes Net is the only service I can get unless I want the slow dial up.

• Je
    Jesus Jul 21, 2008

Hughes net is horrible... I got it so i could simply play Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne faster and have a little faster surfing speed, but it failed to even do that. It was fast when i got it but then it got slower and slower. Now i can't play games at all, and i get kicked off the internet all the time, AND im paying over 100 $ month. When i called them they said i need a static IP adress. So i got one and it made absolutly no diffrenece. Hughes net sucks don't bother.