Hp, Envy 17 1011nrdead pixel

C

I have got a NEW computer from HP, Envy 17 1011nr. LOOOTS of money for HP said that it's like Elite computer, luxury and stuff with a great screen!
I have spent all this money so i could receive a notebook with 1 dead pixel and 2 pixels which are changing color as they wish.
I would think that if the company asking for THAT much money from u, and call they product luxury or elite - they would have to have a better Product right?
WRONG - not with HP.
Anyway ... since I still have HP warranty I have contacted HP telling them about my problem. And guess what answer they r giving me?

"I would like to inform you that HP uses the following criteria when damaged LCDs are submitted for warranty coverage.
8 or more dots in any combination and any color that are always on or off
Any 2 dots within 25mm of each other that are always on"

Do i really have to wait for 8 dead pixels? guys u r insane!!! I have got a brand new Laptop, payed alot of money, got this computer ONLY because of this screen resolution and quality (i'm a web/print designer so screen is very important) - and u going to send me defective Laptop and telling me that my warranty doesn't cover repair or replacement because my screen is not messed up enough?

Guys, you really have to work on ur customer support service!

• Ot
    otherbeing Dec 28, 2010

I couldn't agree with you more. I ordered my Envy 17 from Newegg earlier this year. I had to go through four units until I got one with a display without dead / stuck pixels. My roommate had the same problem, but just gave up after the third unit. I felt bad for Newegg because they went through so much trouble to make sure I received a unit that was acceptable. It would seem that getting an HP Envy 17 that has no pixel anomalies is more or less like winning the lottery. Furthermore, even if you do, you have to deal with their ridiculous design flaws such as the glass display not being sealed which means you're more than likely to accumulate dust between the LCD and the glass (an issue I'm dealing with right now none the less). You're better off returning the unit for a refund and going with a different brand / manufacturer that has a more realistic policy towards dead / stuck pixels (Apple not being one of them; their policy is just as idiotic).

If they give you a problem with repairing / replacing the display, simply advise them that the laptop is advertised with a native resolution of 1920 x 1080. You were sold a unit that, because of even one dead pixel, does not conform to the advertised specifications which of course falls under false advertising. Furthermore, their policy on pixel anomalies was most likely never explained to you prior to purchasing the unit. Buddy, these guys are going to try and dick you around as much as possible. The problem is there are gaping holes in their policies, so take advantage of them.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices