Hotmail.comunfair closure of account

I complained to [protected]@hotmail.com regarding that I had received hundreds of spam emails sent to my [protected]@hotmail.com hotmail account. As a direct result of my forwarding the Original Message Header with my complaint to [protected]@hotmail.com and [protected]@msn.com, their response was to Immediately shut down my hotmail account for reporting of spam. This is unfair. I have NEVER engaged in spamming. This action was taken November 4, 2017 by hotmail.com.

• Si
    simon kurtulus Apr 20, 2010

some one stole my account and is now
    using this to defraud my friend and
    all my email contacts please stop them
    using my account to scam innocent people
    many thanks simon

• Ko
    Korivus Apr 20, 2010

well the most you need to ask yourself is this:

1- is it someone I know that can do this or ask an IT/NET expert to do this for them?
    2- What do I have in this account that is of value?

Did you contact the hotmail Customer Support about it? If not try going to them and figure it out, also be sure that you dont have your other connected accounts haxed as well. If this is your first email then no worries on the connected accounts issue.

Gmail has the option to request a reset in case their account was hacked, so perhaps hotmail has one too.

• St
    stennett wynter Jul 12, 2010

My Email that I have for over 10 years was stolen on or about June 26, 2017.(Email account:[email protected]). I have been trying to get it back since then today is July 12, 2017 and I do not have access to it. Could some one investigate this matter and get my Email back to me. Hotmail does not want to get involve. thank you.

• Wa
    WAQAR TAJ Sep 05, 2010

i have an email address as "[email protected]" but its not working correct as its not sending any mail to any account and not showing the contents of received mails...
    kindly do favor and remove the errors as soon as possible...
    i am receiving a message from windows live hotmail on the top of my screen, when i signed in by my this I.D which is showing below..

"Windows Live Hotmail was not able to complete this request. Microsoft may contact you about any issues you report"

John Thompson complaint Sep 30, 2010

My hotmail account for the last several years has been a total benefit. I received an urgent phone-call from a friend listed on a contact list. The friend said that she had an email that requested Money sent to me because of a Problem I was having out-of-this-country (USA). In addition, I received over 15 more phone calls about the same problem.

I tried to access the email account, and could not sign-in. My password has been changed, and the receipt of the new change was sent to the culprits email account.

I have the print-out stating that "We sent a link to reset your password to the following email addresss. If you still can't reset your password, you can come back in 24 hours for more options". The email address is not totally given but show jo*****@sbcglobal.net. This is NOT MY account and I can't SEE the new password.

This theft and using my Name as a means to solicit funds without cause or efforts by me.

I want my email account BACK.

cheriedanh Sep 30, 2010

This is a very popular scam and has been for several months-I am a computer instructor for active adults and we have several students in the last several weeks this has happened too and can't seem to get any help from MSN/Hotmail to get their accounts back for them - and in all cases these are their priamary/only email accounts. It appears that once the scammers get into the account, they change the password & secret questions and it's impossible to get any help from Microsoft-we did report it to an FBI site reported in several national newspapers about the scam, but have heard nothing.

• Ve
    Very frustrated customer Feb 15, 2011

My Hotmail account has been hijacked and my contacts are receiving emails in my name saying I have been robbed at gunpoint while on holiday and need money to return home. Hotmail refuse to accept that I am the owner of the account based on the evidence I have provided and are apparently taking no action to block the account. They suggest that I open a new account!
    Hotmail ask questions about the account that most people would not be able to answer without access to their account, like the subject of emails in your inbox and other folders.
    A warning to others - keep a copy of your contacts list elsewhere, because if you loose access to your account, Hotmail are unlikely to help.

• Cy
    cynthia flagg May 04, 2011

Thankyou, I will need a reset on gmail and hotmail.

• Ke
    Keyman317 May 28, 2011

I have been with Hotmail several years. All of a sudden I am seeing an address that is similar to mine, but there is a definite difference.
    How do I get rid of the similar account and get back to my original account ? ?

• Re
    renido151 Jul 22, 2011

Ii recently broke off a relationship with a guy who is not taking it well and as a result he has hacked his way into one of my email accounts and changed my password this particular account is with yahoo and was my alternet email for recovery information should i have a problem with my main email account which is with hotmail, when i became aware of what he had done and learned i could no longer access my yahoo account for extra security i change my password on my hotmail account about once or twice a week and this is where i have a problem the last time i changed my hotmail password i could'nt remember it and access was denied my problem is iam not able to access my alternet yahoo account either so recieving password reset info. is not possiable without him recieving it and gaining access to my hotmail as well. I have contacted customer services and answered all the personal info.questions they needed to verify i was infact the owner of the hotmail account in question and in conclusion they were saticfied that indeed i was, so they sent me an email to a new hotmail account i opened for the soul purpose of recieving this reset info. i was instructed to copy and paist the url of the email i recieved from hotmail customer services in a new browser address bar and hit enter on my keybord which i did and was directed to a page with a message stating that the reset email had expired i did this three or four more times each time with the same result it has been aprox.2 mo. since i have had access to either one of these accounts now and for reasons more important then personal and sentimental it is crusual i gain access again for evidence of harrasment ect... please help me he is relentless and will stop at nothing the proof i need to have a restraining order granted is all stored in my hotmail account please i sincerely need your help please . My new email address is [email protected] please send reset instructions to me here so this guy can be stopped and my family, friends and i can regain piece in our lives without his herrendous and herriffic evil turmoil overwhelming us daily. I thank you for your time, concern and surport in this matter respectivly yours Irene Longmire

• Me
    mercman2013 Jun 03, 2016

I have been trying to contact Microsoft for 6 days to report a hijacking of my account, and its like banging your head against a brick wall, in the mean time someone is using my account they have changed my password, and I can´t even get in to transfer my emails and contacts etc to another account, what sort of business people are these, since this happened I have heard so many bad reports about them, I wonder why I have stayed with them for 18 years.
    Can anyone help please.