History Channelviolence

I switched channels to the history channel so my daughter could get some education value in her TV watching and they had on a show called 'Swamp People', which was a bunch of guys holding up a gun going to shoot an alligator. They were showing the point on the alligator where it was best to shoot them. What on earth does that have to do with History? My daughter was upset. Watching a bunch of red necks shooting animals is not History and this reflects the reason why this country is turning into a bunch of gun totting, uneducated people destroying our environment. Shame on you History Channel.

• Re
    Reviewer89505 Nov 19, 2018

I am totally disgusted with your decision to install the debauched violence that you call viceland. I am going to do all that I can to get you removed from my cable company's offerings.
    What a great disappointment you have become.

• Mi
    Michael Morris Jr. Nov 14, 2018

You people really need to bring back H2, I have lost about half of my programming thanks to your little change to Viceland. I am so disappointed with your company right now I barely watch any of your channels and History is a disgrace as well. How many more complaints until you actually listen?

[email protected] Nov 14, 2018

Why is it even called the "history" channel???? History 2 was even OK (reruns mostly)...but now that's gone. There is currently nothing on that I care to watch. 99% of the shows are reality...so change the name!!!

• Le
    Lee304 Nov 11, 2018

I wanna know why gangland undercover season 2 was replaced with swamp people right in the middle of the season..gangland is one of your best shows..atleast put the rest of the season on your history channel app..

• La
    Laura12 Nov 11, 2018

I would like to complain about the programme we have just watched on Thursday 2/11/18 re a blade competition and where the competitors knives had to cut a goats carcass in two. I found this so offensive and unnecessary, quite shameful!!! Please up your game for entertainment without the shock factor or change your job!!!

• Ta
    Taylorwm60 Nov 11, 2018

What does Pawn Stars and all of these other crap reality shows have to do with history? Why don't you just change the name of your network to the Garbage Channel? You used to show interesting historical programs. Now you are nothing but another reality station. It's a shame that you have lowered yourselves to the lowest common denominator.

• Te
    Team4Luke Nov 06, 2018

That zombie commercial for LG is highly inappropriate for viewing by the general public. Children, guys arm falling off, mid day?
    You must realize it's disgusting & I change the channel immediately when I see it!

• La
    Laurajm Oct 28, 2018

I have not been getting my lifetime subscription and have not been given an notice of stoppage. If this lifetime subscription that I paid for is no longer available, I should have a refund of my lifetime membership.

• Pa
    Patrick 'FOX' Ealem Oct 27, 2018

I am a LIFE TIME MEMBER and the magazine suddenly changed to Warrior in Nov 2015 then last January (2016) it stopped completely; no response to inquiries then received a $60.00 bill from Warrior. I sent a note back asking why and never heard anything again ! ! !

• Ri
    RickBlaine Oct 27, 2018

There's many things to complain about: Incessant showings of Reality Show Drivel to Hitler. But I want to know if History Channel is going for some television record by showing that M1 Abrams blurb (narrated by R Lee) endlessly for at least 10 years?

• Jw
    jwmcfee Oct 27, 2018

How can a called History channel not have not even one story or review about Memorial Day and the past ?????? This company pretends that they show history but decides to show a marathon of American Pickers .Bad enough they always throw in the concentration camps during black history month, but this is a joke!!!

• Ji
    JillianaE Sep 19, 2018

Every week the show Mountain Men plays on Thursday at nine pm. It takes far too long for the episode to be loaded to Google play. I have complained so many times but it only helps for one or two weeks. I'm just so sick of it!

Mark Abshire Sep 19, 2018

the show MOUNTAIN MEN promotes more and more people going farther into nature and exploiting it more and more and killing off more and more wildlife, your dispicable and anyone that works for this program will be going straight to hell!! and throw in PAWN STARS while your at it!

• Di
    Diane Williams Roy Sep 11, 2018

I have made several complaints about the history channel app suddenly going off the tv's in my house with FireStick. I can access the app just fine on my smartphone. I have yet to hear how, when or what is being done about it. I have followed History Channel for years and can't believe the no responsiveness!

• Ra
    Railroadsurfing Sep 05, 2018

Since when do you need a narrator explaining what we are watching??? It's stupidity.
    "They shake hands." "Driving in traffic on the Strip."
    You are ruining the viewing pleasure by adding unneeded and irrelevant chatter.
    It's annoying and detracts from the show(s).

• Zo
    ZolaB Sep 04, 2018

Season 3 of Top Shot is missing episode 12, the finale...

• Ca
    Carol de Carlo Sep 01, 2018

I enjoy your programming. Your logo, in full-color and full Rez, supered big and bold the entire duration of programming, diminishes that enjoyment. In short, it's annoying as hell.

• Ar
    artist2007 Sep 01, 2018

I paid over $350.00 for charter lifetime membership. I did recieve the gift items and magazine for a few years. Where can we file a lawsuit against the History Channel? No website and no magazine or any of the other benefits.

We need to unite all the members and file a joint action lawsuit.

Help!

• Le
    Lee Claire Sep 01, 2018

The show had many followers but you dangled season 5 for 2018 and then left us hanging. Could you at least make a statement about whether it is going to air or not. If so, when. If not why. I've searched on-line and I can't find a word.

• Ge
    Gerald Drake Aug 28, 2018

I have not received any magazines, or nothing after you changed the magazine to Warrior. Now I hear the club folded and I just out of luck. No refund, no magazines, no benefits. What is the word on this from you ? I would like a refund from you and your company, this is dishonest.

Gerald Drake [email protected]

• Do
    Donlyman Aug 21, 2018

Why can we not get season 5 of Vikings??????????? Put it back out there...

• Wh
    What is this??? Aug 20, 2018

When trying to authorize History Channel on my Roku it asked the question who might television provider is without that I cannot authorize. I have no television provider I have an antenna on my roof and a Roku how do I authorize with History Channel for my Roku? Your help would be greatly appreciated thank you.
    Sincerely
    Darryl Lumley

• Ra
    Raymond Harless Aug 15, 2018

I am a middle school English, Spanish, and ESL Teacher. As you know most teachers do not work in summer, so could you please stop showing Forged in Fire. Pleeeease.

• De
    dense2 Aug 15, 2018

Why have you canceled one of the best shows on tv? It's a clean wholesome show, with a great cast and great ratings, and you choose to cancel it. Please give me a good reason why. Because I can't think of one, and I am sure millions of other viewers can't either. So please put one of the best shows on tv back on tv.
    [email protected]

Christine Schwall La Tona Aug 15, 2018

Supposedly further information about Carleigh's departure from the show would be on history.com, but I cannot find it. where can I see it?

• Ib
    Ibis Ballester Aug 13, 2018

Six was well made second season picked up and had a great ending. MUST bring back it was a fast paced show actors true to their part. History Chanel's SIX is worth saving and bringing back so people can see what goes into defending our freedoms. The books are excellent
    Please reconsider and Bring it back!!!

• Li
    liberty1776 Mar 19, 2013

I didn't realize that you are unable to change the channel, and that The History Channel controls your TV set...

• Re
    reaper3 Jul 07, 2011

if the history channel actually read this, look at the red neck pieces of low life ### you are attracting to this channel.
    swamp people is a glorified sick show that only emphasises how ###ed in the head these people are.
    Its not interesting, its not educational, and anyone who watches this has an extremely low, if any moral thought in there body.

• Fu
    Fuinernel Apr 10, 2011

While I don't think that the depiction of violence on the history channel is necessarily a bad thing, the channel has gone down the tubes a bit with its programming. Where are the actual documentaries? The programming is full of shows like swamp people, ice truckers, ancient alien conspiracy theorists, UFO sensationalism, ghost and paranormal tripe. I have really given up on the History channel, and instead watch History International, since they seem to have shifted a lot of their decent programming to that channel, and have filled their original channel with the kind of junk the poster described.

• Fd