Hertzover billed/fraudulent charges

J Mar 20, 2020

I returned a rental car, received a receipt it included miles and the notation the the tank was "FULL" yet somehow 2 weeks later they did an audit at service and found the car nearly 8 gallons short of fuel, I have a receipt for fueling just moments before the return and i'm sure the station has video of me fueling THEIR car. the refuse to give me the mileage at this so called audit some two weeks after my return, but i am certain either the miles do not match and an employee used the car or they have lost a subsequent rental record, or perhaps experienced fuel theft or leakage, either way i returned it full and should not be responsible for an auto in their possession for two weeks after my use. they arbitrarily billed my credit card, I consider this theft, i also wonder how many others using this particular car rental agency in Sacramento have victims of this same experience.