Hertz Italiana Spa Romavisa charges

Rented car in May 2010. Received documentation and two charges of 30 Euro in August 2010--Information from Hertz advised that this is a basic charge for providing police with our information (same info twice???) Followed by registered letter with ticket info for one of them. Tried to e-mail to info on the ticket to find out how to pay--no response (twice). Just received another 30 Euro charge in November that I found on my visa statement--no documentation this time. What gives? How do I stop this without cancelling everything. Please advise.

• To
    tony kyr Dec 09, 2010

can't beleive it!!! rented car in rome in sept this year thay charged my card 5 times 30 euro plus 6 each time for the same thing!!! w t f !!! dam italians scamers. disputing all of them.

• To
    tonio (notanitalian) Aug 16, 2011

just happened to me. for 3 months ago I was in Rome and now they bill me twice for a "verbal fine on line" with the announcement that I will get the bill later...
    72 euro in total...

• Ed
    Edgar C. Nov 19, 2011

It also happened to me. I rented a car last July/11 and three months later I have received two charges of 30 euros in my credit car without notifying to me. What do I have to do?

Jorge Artur Michel Dec 05, 2011

I have received my visa statement with two charges dated at 04.11 (US$ 50, 46) and at 17.11 (US$ 49, 36). I don't understand why, because I rented a car in Italy from 02/08/11 (Milano Velasca) to 10/08/11 (Aeroporto Palese, Bari. In fact, I returned the car in Bari downtown) and I have already paid the charges. Then, how can we this be solved?
    I would appreciate a contest as soon as possible.
    Jorge Artur Michel ([email protected])
    Porto Alegre, RS, Brasil

• Ju
    junel Dec 13, 2011

Went to italy in August and now have 3 charges (1 in november 48$, 2 in december 48$) from Hertz Italiana Spa Roma. Just called to cancel my credit card and have the charges reversed. What kind of scam are they running?

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices