Helzberg Diamonds Shops Logo

Helzberg Diamonds Shops

Having problems with Helzberg Diamonds Shops?

Capital One, P.O. Box 30258
Fri8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sat10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Sun12:00 PM - 6:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

not a good jewelry store

Helzberg Diamonds @ The Augusta Mall on Wrightsboro Rd: Many people have experienced job harassment & discrimination, The District manager is Incompetent, and allows a bad store manager to mistreat black customers & new employees, that's why Helzberg can never keep people emplyed with the company!! The staff are a group of unprofessional people, that fight over commissions, stab each other in the back, and no nothing about the Jewelry Business, except for lying to customers, being rude to customers who complain about their lousy customer service, & messing up purchase orders.. I used to work there, and I 've witnessed the store manager & his staff fumble at the mouth on the phone, constantly making personal phone calls, and helping lousy employees conspire against new-hires or any good employee that goes a better job at sales than them!! I and a lot of people hate working at Helzberg Diamonds; there's also a lot of racism & hostility in the workplace (like Windsor Jewelers). I was happy to quit there..

• Pu
    punished employee Jul 02, 2013

i agree the harassment & discrimination, The District manager is Incompetent of region 26 nothing but punishment and punishment helzberg diamonds is a career ending job with this company in region 26. She has no idea had to manage she plain idiot.

bad business policies

The District Manager turns a blind eye to whatever happens, and allows the store manager to mistreat customers and new employees. His staff are a group of unprofessional & incompetent people, who really don't know anything about the jewelry Business, except for how to lie to customers, back stab fellow associates, and be rude to customers who complain about Helzberg's bad customer service. I wouldn't buy any jewelry from those clowns. They harass & mistreat fellow associates, who are better jewelry salesmen than they are. Helzberg (Augusta Mall) often violate their own business policies

horrible workplace

Helzberg Diamonds Jewelry Store, The District Manager is incompetent (fired from J.B. Whites), who allows the store manager- to mistreat some customers and new employees. His staff are a group of unprofessional people who really know nothing about the Jewelry Business, except for lying to customers, messing up their purchase orders, being rude to customers who complain about the Helzberg unprofessional service. I wouldn't buy any jewelry from those clowns. They also harass & mistreat fellow co-workers, who are better jewelry salesmen than they are; the manager & his flunkies often violate the Helzberg Diamonds business policies when the District Manger isn't around to check up on them. One day, a co-worker yelled at me in front of a customer, just for greeting the customer first!!!

bad customer service

I worked for the company for a while, and what I've experienced there; harassment & discrimination: The District Manager is a ### (fired from J.B. Whites), who allows the store manager- to mistreat some customers and new employees. His staff are a group of unprofessional people who really know nothing about the Jewelry Business, except for lying to customers, messing up their purchase orders, being rude to customers who complain about the Helzberg unprofessional service. I wouldn't buy any jewelry from those clowns. They also harass & mistreat fellow co-workers, who are better jewelry salesmen than they are; the manager & his flunkies often violate the Helzberg Diamonds business policies when the District Manger isn't around to check up on them. One day, a co-worker yelled at me in front of a customer, just for greeting the customer first!!! And The Store Manager did nothing about it, and The Assistant Store Mangers are idiots, they're are not any good at running a Jewelry Store; they are constantly making personal calls, and helping lousy employees conspire against good new-hires or any employee that does a better job than them!!

mistreating people

THE TRUTH ABOUT Helzberg Diamonds in Augusta, GA | 3450 Wrightsboro Rd: I worked for the company for a while, and what I've experienced there; harassment & discrimination: The District Manager is a ###, who allows a manager- Raymond Husband to mistreat black customers and new employees. His staff of degenerates: Jessica, Bonnie, Amy, Ben, Jason, are a group of unprofessional people who really know nothing about the Jewelry Business, except for lying to customers, screwing up their orders, being rude to customers who complain about the Helzberg crappy service. I wouldn't buy any jewelry from those clowns. They also harass & mistreat fellow co-workers, who are better jewelry salesmen than they are; Raymond & the gang often violate the Helzberg Diamonds business policies when the District Manger isn't around to check up on them. One day, a co-worker yelled & cursed at me in front of a customer, just for greeting the customer first!!! And Raymond did nothing about it, and Jessica & Bonnie- The Assistant Store Mangers are idiots, they're are not any good at running a Jewelry Store; they fumble at the mouth on the phone, constantly making personal calls, and helping lousy employees conspire against good new-hires or any employee that does a better job than them!! I and a lot of people hate working at that place; there's also a lot of racism & hostility in the workplace (about as bad as Windsor Jewelers).. I finally quit from working there, and I would never- EVER recommend any Helzberg Diamonds to anyone!!!

harassment & lousy place to work

racism

Helzberg Diamonds; like KAY Jewelers, encourages racism & job discrimination.. The white managers are usually...

diamond engagement ring

My son bought a diamond engagement ring at Helzberg Diamonds in December 2011. June of 2012 (6 mo later) my...

diamond replace warranty

My husband purchased my wedding band at Helzberg and a diamond kept getting loose. We would take the ring for inspection every 6 months like the warranty requires. Two months ago one of the diamonds fell off the ring, so I took it to the store to replace the stone. The Helzberg salesperson told me it had to be sent to corporate office and that it would take a while, about a month to get it back. It's been two months already and every time I call the store or go in person to check if my ring is back they have a lame excuse. I am tired of their incompetence. I used to love Helzberg stores and products, I always had a great experience with costumer service, but now not so much I am afraid they lost the ring or something. Has anyone sent a ring to get a diamond replaced? How long did it take to get it back?

poor workmanship

I purchased a new diamond ring on my 30th anniversary from Helzberg Diamonds in Toledo, Ohio. My previous diamond, that I had had for 30 years had never lost a diamond. The new ring I purchased was of similar size as my last one. I have had this new ring for 5 years now and it has lost '7' diamonds - 2 times the big teardrop diamond in the center, and 5 other diamonds. I just picked up my ring less than 2 weeks ago because I had lost a smaller diamond, and they were supposed to put a new diamond and completely add new prongs to ALL the diamonds. As I just said, THE EXACT DIAMOND INCLUDING PRONGS is now missing AGAIN!! I am sick and tired of this. My ring has been in service for at times over a month, and other times a week to 10 days. When my 5th diamond was lost, I inquired about picking another ring, only to be told that I had to purchase something 2x the value as my ring. This is so ridiculous! The manager of the store is not at all sympathetic to the issue. I have 3 children that are at the age that they will be getting married in the near future, and you can bet that I will tell them NOT to go to HELZBERG DIAMONDS!!!

fake gold

I bought a citrine gemstone ring and a pair of 1/4 carat diamond earrings from Helzberg Diamonds in 2000. Both the ring and the earrings have 10k stamped inside of them. They have not been left in any cleaning solution or subjected to crazy temperatures. The jewelry has turned copper color. I took it to a local jeweler and was told that they are not 100% gold. It is been some time since my purchase, but I thought they were a reputable company. Why would they sale fake gold? I do not care how long ago I made the purchase, it was a legal contract and they should honor it. I will be shipping both pieces of jewelry to their warehouse. I spend over $250 dollars on that purchase.

• Re
    reese121 Mar 20, 2012

10k is not 100% gold... it's 41.7% pure gold mixed with alloys that make it stronger. 24k gold is the only 100% pure gold, but is incredibly soft which is why it isn't really used in jewelry.
    As far as the color your earrings are turning, depends on if it's yellow or white gold. If it is white gold, your rhodium plating is simply wearing down. White gold is yellow coated with rhodium which is what makes it bright white. Most white gold jewelry needs to be plated every 6 months-1 year in order to maintain a "new" appearance.
    Some other reasons your jewelry is losing color might be from how often you wear them and if you wear them in the shower. Showering with jewelry is not a good idea. It can loosen your stones and the products you use in the shower can build up and wear your jewelry down.
    Take care of your jewelry by taking it off before showering and getting it cleaned every 6 months by a jeweler.

To answer your direct complaint, helzberg does not sell fake gold. They sell 10k, 14k, and 18k. The only gold that is 100% is 24k.

rip off, scam, fraud, $3500.00

NEVER SHOP WITH HELZBERG JEWELERS!!! Mislead to shop with Helberg in 2 ways! In 2009, I purchased a diamond...

pearl ring

I purchased thousands of dollars from Helzberg Diamonds over the years and always purchase the Service Plan. I recently purchased a Tahitian Pearl ring for my wife and had a problem from the get go. My wife went back to the store and did not get a warm reception to say the least. They final sent the ring out for service and replaced it with a discolored, terrable version of a pearl after going around and around they finally replaced the pearl.

Round 2. My wife was away on business and while sitting in a meeting the pearl feel right out. She went back to Helzberg Diamonds in the Lehigh Valley Mall and saw 3 associates standing there talking. A few minutes went by and finally someone came over and said, "Now what is the problem!" My wife explained the problem and the associate stated that the pearl is just crazy glued in there and that she can do it at home. WOW! I couldn't believe what I was hearing. They finally took the ring in for service. I'll let you know if there is a round 3.

It would be a great mistake buying anything from that store if you value your jewery and customer service!

faulty product and terrible service

Bought a pair of earrings from the radiant star line. Paid $1019 for 1/4 carat earrings. Bought them as a...

pandora style bracelet

Two years ago when the Pandora Bracelet came out in the Michigan area a company known as Helzberg Diamond...

snubbed!

I was with my children and dropped by the store to inquire about purity rings. There were maybe 5 or 6 other...

poor (or no) customer service

My husband purchased a diamond anniversary band from Helzberg Diamonds while he was on a business trip in New Jersey (Woodbridge). He was told by the sales people that the ring could be resized to any size, as he was unsure of my American ring size (we live in Europe). This misinformation convinced him to go ahead and purchase the ring. It turns out the ring was so big, it could not be resized by a master jeweler here in Germany where we live. We were told the diamonds would probably fall out because of the great size difference. So I called the store manager and explained the situation to her. I told her I would send the ring to her via mail and that I would contact her to discuss next steps, either get it resized or get a new ring in the proper size. After the initial conversation with her, I tried to call her no less than 6 times, and each time she was somehow unavailable or with a customer. Finally, I got so frustrated, I decided to simply get a refund for the ring. I sent it to her and sent a fax telling her to refund my money. This was all done well within the 60 day money back policy touted by Helzberg. As it turned out Cathy Larson, the store manager, refused my package, full well knowing what it was and what I wanted, and the ring came back to me here in Germany, of course with no correspondence as to why. This is the most unprofessional behavior I have ever seen in a merchant, anywhere, any time. I am appalled by this uncalled for, immature, passive aggressive act. I am simply speechless. PLEASE DO NOT EVERY PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM HELZBERG EVER. You will have nothing but problems and unprofessional behavior from them. Save yourself the hassle. Go elsewhere.

• Di
    Diamondgirl Apr 01, 2010

I used to work for Helzberg Diamonds in another location. Although you are correct, that was unprofessional behavior on the part of *that* store manager, you can not disregard all of the Helzberg Diamonds stores. We would never have treated a customer in that way in our region, it would have been completely unacceptable and would have done anything on our part to help keep a customer happy. I work for another company now (unfortunately I relocated and there was no Helzberg Diamonds in my new area) and my current jewelry company does not provide the same level of service that we did when I worked at Helzberg. I truly miss it there. I am sorry that you had such a bad experience but one terrible manager does not make the entire chain. As a jewelry sales professional I can give you some insight on how it works, the next step any customer should take if they believe they are getting poor service from the store manager is to contact the regional or district manager. The issue will be resolved that way, and in the case of that particular manager, disciplinary action probably would have been taken against her. Next time, no matter what company it is, contact a higher up. It is your right to be treated the way you should.

• Gl
    glendilly Apr 28, 2010

The manager at Montgomery Mall store in Maryland is worst than that. He thinks he knows everything and treats customers really bad. The bad thing is that when he gets checked up, he blames the employees. He brings friends to the store and things disappear and then the employees are responsible for that. Every body here hates him and we can't do anything to get rid of him. I don't know why they hired people that have so many complaints from another stores where he has worked before. People that used to work with him can tell.

Jocy Oct 29, 2010

Ohhh I know about that. He is very unprofessional. Many times you can see his girlfriend taking care of customers or his daughter playing in the back of the store. He is a poor guy that just want to show off. Well, you can probably tell, he is now selling jewerly in craiglist, go figure...

• St
    StewarDoi Feb 03, 2011

Wow I didn't really know about the complaints on that Manager. I took my girlfriend last year to pick a necklace for her birthday and he took care of us. Talking all the time about how good the products were and all that. After she picked the necklace she wanted, he pull me on the side and offered me the same necklace $500.00 less than the price at the store. Of course, I asked him how, and he said that he could get it with his discount and resale it to me. I did not believe that and did not want to get in trouble for getting things that were stolen from the store. We left and bought a very pretty necklace at Zales. He is a thief with a tie and good manners!!!

• Br
    bryanintexas Nov 22, 2011

i love this store it is the best ever!!!

fraud/price gauging

My $4000.00 bracelet kept coming loose and falling off my wrist . So I took it in to see if anything could be done. I purchased this whole set-Ring, earrings and bracelet for about 7, 000.00 about 9 years ago. I have been a very good customer over the years-anyway I ask if they could put a safety chain on it with a clasped-The lady told me yes and that it would be 79.99-I said ok----I had my grandson pick it up when I got it I was very upset not only did it not have a clasp over 1/2 of an inch had a dark black mark on the new chain and it just barely fit over my hand-infact I thought it might break-I had him take it back to have it fixed-they did clean the black mark but said it would cost more to have a clasp put on or have it enlarged-I was very upset-I told them all I wanted them to do is what they said they'd do in the first place-they flatly said no-not without addition money-So people if you are on a budget as most of us are now because of the economy I suggest you go to a jeweler that does what they say instead of gouging their customers . Surely there is a easier way to make a buck-besides they have forever lost me as a customer and as many people as I can convince-I am 62 years old and own more than 80, 00.00 worth of jeweler that people are always asking me about-instead of sending people to Helzbergs I will be telling them to run not walk from their establishments.

rip off

I was happy when i bought my fiance her ring. She was too. It seemed to go pretty well until we found out we were lied to.They told us there was a one time protection fee and its even on the receipt that covered damages or theft of the ring.When we got our credit card statements another story had surfaced.It turns out that we were being charged 40 dollars a month for a protection program we never enrolled in nor did we ever agree to.this 40 dollars a month was also accruing interest and had to be paid in full in order to pay off the balance of the ring.i was mortified.i have never been taken for such a fool and have never had anyone lie to me like that before.this has ruined my finances and my poor old mother whos on disability had to foot the bill in order to save us from the nightmare we suffered by stopping in to this dreadful company.i hope you guys are happy for ruining our dreams and making my mother have to use her emergency operation fund in order to bail out these poor newlyweds.please do not shop at helzberg and tell everyone you know not to ever step foot inside that shady company.

fradulent charges were put on my credit card

On, January 7, 2010 I went to pick up a package from UPS as it required my signature. When I opened the package, I realized that I had received a “diamond ring” from Helzberg Diamonds by mistake. I have never visited your website, nor had I ever purchased anything from them. I did the honest thing and I immediately call Helzberg Diamond, explaining that I had received the ring in error and would like to return it. The person I spoke to couldn’t explain to me why I had received the ring, but the invoice said I purchased it on January 4th. I was not in town that day, nor did I go on the internet on the 4th, and I never purchased anything that day, especially from Helzberg Diamonds.

On January 20th, I noticed Helzberg Diamond charged my credit card for $126.49 on January 6th for this ring, which is something I never authorized. I don’t know how they got my credit card, other than through internet fraud. They have compromised my credit card, and charged me with an authorized expense. This is outrageous of Helzberg Diamonds to practice this type of fraudulent business. I've sent the ring back and filed a complaint with my bank, hoping to get my money back and also sent a letter to the Beryl Raff, Chairman and CEO of Helzberg Diamond and also one to Laura Kirsner, CFO and Senior Vice President asking them to credit back to my account immediately the $126.49 charge. I'm still waiting on an answer from both my bank and Helzberg Diamond.

• Re
    reese121 Mar 20, 2012

You most likely had your identity stolen by someone and they used your card to buy a ring... I highly doubt the company decided to choose you and steal your money.

• He
    Helzberg Manager Jan 19, 2015

Sounds like you indeed had your identity stolen by someone and they just happened to use it at Helzberg Diamonds. Two things to keep in mind, if this was a transaction done online through HDS Online there is nothing the company had to do with your fraudulent charges. If the transaction was made in store, then the associate who rang the sale should have followed protocol and checked ID to verify.