HDI The Company Storecredit card security

I recently made a purchase at the company store's website. When I was typing in my credit card information, I did notice that the website link (Usually http:/) changed to (Https:/). The "s" is a good sign, meaning the website is secure. However, the company store's website had a large slash through the letters, in red, and an x through the lock icon meaning that the site is not secure.

Me, being naive that this company has any decency whatsoever in good business practices, typed in my credit card info anyway. On my bank statement, it says billing was supplied by hdi the company store. Curious of the "hdi" I searched online, only to find many complaints that people were charged (Mostly $99 each charge) for things they never bought.

Worried, I called the company store and asked about the security of their website. Of course, both women I spoke with (1 from customer service and 1 agent), said that website security is of the upmost importance, and hdi is the company that owns the company store. They have never had a complaint, if there was a security issue they would know about it, etc. Etc.

Now - another issue I have with the company store is that they do not supply you with a confirmation email once you have made your purchase. Every website I have ever ordered from, especially one I consider to be prestigious and sell items of quality like the company store, always sends a confirmation email. Something about this company's online website seems very fishy.

Throughout the website, they have lock icons that read "secure website". However, I urge people to look in the http:/ line to see if it is indeed secure. Also, their privacy policy allows them to share your information with other "merchants".

Beware, do not make the same mistake of typing in credit card info at the company store's website if it is not secure.

I have yet to receive my purchase. The woman told me it is ready to be shipped, and too late to cancel it. I made a purchase of $129.00 and shipping costs were $16.95, giving me a total of $145.95.

Let's see if hdi adds any more charges that I do not make. If so, I hope my bank can get me out of this mess (Which I doubt they will blame on me and offer no assistance).