Menu
Harley Davidson Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Harley Davidson
reviews and complaints

www.harley-davidson.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.7 277 Reviews

How responsive is Harley Davidson's customer service?

46 Resolved
231 Unresolved
Poor 🫤
Harley Davidson is a rare visitor on ComplaintsBoard, so the pace of resolving complaints leaves much to be desired. We believe they should spend more time and effort on reviews to naturally grow customer loyalty. As for reviewers, we'd advise carefully reading existing reviews to understand what to expect. It's also helpful to go through the few complaints that Harley Davidson has already resolved to get a clear picture of their customer interaction and potential challenges in resolving your personal issue.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Harley Davidson has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Harley Davidson reviews and complaints 277

Sort by:

Newest Harley Davidson reviews and complaints

K
8:10 am EDT

Harley Davidson 2019 freewheeler

Bought it new in Dubuque Ia. Harley Davidson, at 300 miles the rear suspension came lose they fixed it now all the fluid from the transmission is transferred to the primary. I've been a long time Harley rider, starting to faith in your product. There suppose to come and get it again. There doing a great job fixing it. You as a Company need to go back to building a rock solid product.

I
10:05 am EDT

Harley Davidson 2019 cvo street glide

I have purchased 6 Harleys over the years at a local dealership in Victoria BC, it was recently taken over by Barnes and was Steve Dranes before, my last purchase was a 2019 CVO Streetglide it has failed me with only 4000km on it with a broken compensator sprocket, took it to dealership, they did not contact me, I had to go there to find out what was wrong, have not heard from them in almost two weeks, then I inquired about trading it in on another 2019 nothing back from them, terrible way to treat a long term customer, wonder how the company thinks it can survive with dealerships like this

2:14 pm EDT

Harley Davidson 2018 hd ultra classic boom box

On August 31st, 2019 I purchased a used 2018 HD Ultra Classic from Policaro HD in Oakville, Ontario.

All attempts to save addresses on the Boom Box Navigation system proved futile. On attempting to save an address the system, the system indicated "Error Importing Destination".

I returned to the dealership on September 3rd and several other dates to try and have the problem rectified.

Finally on September 25th, 2019 I was advised by the dealership that they had received an email from HD Canada that they were aware of the problem with the Navigational System on the 2018's but had not as yet worked out a fix.

In addition to not saving addresses the system does not differentiate between the various types of rides that you should be able to choose from. They are all the same.

The 2020 HD's are being released, is HD working on a problem with their 2018 product or am I being given the run around by the dealership.

Extremely disappointed with this bike at this time. Should have stayed with my 2011 Ultra Limited equipped with a Tomtom Navigational System.

Any light you can shed on this problem and/or fix would be greatly appreciated.

Clarence Cook

8:02 am EDT

Harley Davidson sales service

Made the necessary arrangements with the dealership to sign the paperwork only to get it refused as the dealer had entered my date of birth wrong. Whilst with the salesman we did not have his full attention as he kept answering the phone when there were other staff members there.
It took 5 days for that to be corrected. I've been given a free T-shirt for that inconvenience.
Now today 9/27/2019 the bike was delivered only to find the key fobs have not been assigned to the bike. The bike has now been taken away to a nearer dealership who is willing to set the key fobs. I had the bike in my garage for 30mins.
That's no where near the level of service I expect from Harley-Davidson.
What can Harley-Davidson do to help?

Regards

John Taylor

Read full review of Harley Davidson and 1 comment
1 comment
James Young 1968
, US
Sep 28, 2019 8:00 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I bought a 2019 CVO with the 177cc on May 1st of 2019. It had 3 miles on when I bought it. After three months it develops a wobble. I took it back to Rocky Mount, NC where I bought it at Black Cat Harley Davidson. Maintenance said the front bar was loose and it was not a warranty issue and charged me 89 dollars. The bike only had 4000 miles on it at this time. Yes, I ride my CVO. The wobble was never fixed, but I did not want to take it back to them because I do not think they know what warranty means and just wat to charge you for everything there is. Is this a Harley Davidson defect? What good is a warranty when the place I bought it from will not honor it? Do I need to talk to a layer for them selling me a lemon? I love my CVO, but it is a deaf trap. Are all Harley built this away? If so I will just trade it in and get me a Suzuki again, because I traded my 2004 Suzuki in for the 2019 CVO. I never had any problems out of that bake the whole time I own it. The bike was 15 -year old and still started up on the first crank. What should I do?

G
6:04 pm EDT

Harley Davidson softail slim 2019

I got my bike on August 8th 2019 but after that I also got a failure on the bike( check engine motor appears on the monitor ), that distribuitor cant fix.

I had return the bike 5 times to the shop cause same failure ( check engine motor sign appears on the monitor ) they seems to fixed but after couple of days appears again.

I have 7 weeks since august 9th and I have returned the bike 5 time now.

so up today, bike still on the shop.
Gerardo Treviño
[protected]@gmail.com

12:53 pm EDT

Harley Davidson torque 2018 street bob

At low speed, say in a 90 degree left turn at street corner, if I don't "slip the clutch" a fair amount and just twist a tiny bit the bike wants to go straight in the line of power ie straight ahead and doesn't want to track following front wheel in a turning arc. It will even sometimes push front wheel somewhat sideways ie in power line as stated. This is with the bare teeniest of throttle, bike just revs high out of the gate and lean won't always adjust to maintain turning arc. Is there a way to "de-sensitize" throttle and harness all that low end torque? I love the straight line power of the 107 but don't feel that every sharp turn should need feathering the clutch to avoid climbing onto a sidewalk. And I don't want to trade for a 900.

T
1:33 pm EDT

Harley Davidson pre owned bike

I want to purchase a bike harley street rod from foothill harley dheradun and i, ve give token money amount 1lakh rupees but the showroom manager didn't provide full information about the bike the rc is missing of this bike when I call to manager for rc they didn't answer of my any call when I reached to showroom the manager denied for dilvered the bike and misbehaving with me so I am very disappointed from harley and I never purchase any harley model same on you harley davidson...,,

4:49 pm EDT

Harley Davidson 2019 breakout 114

I owned this bike for one month now and have it looked at four times for miss aligned handle bars. They keep making driveway repairs and not test riding it or putting it on the lift like I asked. The rear brakes have squeaked since day one and the gas cap rattles excessively. I was told they just do that. I will be quickly trading this bike in and going back to better built bike that I regret trading in for this "American made bike".

H
12:07 pm EDT

Harley Davidson service and parts replacement

My bike was taken in on 05 June 2019 for repairs or rather replacement of the windshield, engine guard, indicator light and I also asked them to sort out an oil leak.
The oil leak hose was about R70, 00 and the Service Advisor promised then that the technician will sort it out. I continuously followed up, every * weeks they would tell me they are waiting for a part here and there. There is always this bad attitude from the General Manager, Service Advisors, Technicians and some Sales Consultants. The only civil people are the Sales Consultants at Merchandise section only.
The feedback is always what can they do if they have not received shipment; they are overloaded with work and do not have time to answer technical related queries. Even the owner acknowledges that the parts I need are not earth shattering that it warrants waiting this long.
I was given the bike back for the day (03 August 2019) as I needed to attend a paid planned ride. I was promised by the General Manager of Clearwater Harley Davidson that the oil leak was sorted out. After the ride I realised that it was not sorted out, the GM said "it was just a quick fix" and that they will have to order appropriate parts. My safety was put at risk as well as causing more damage to the bike.
I then informed the owner of Harley Davidson about my dissatisfaction and he told me that he was going to investigate and revert back to me. On 19 August 2019 he said that my bike will be sorted out the very same week.
The Service Advisor called me on 21 August2019 and I thought she was informing that my bike will be delivered. She told me that they cannot source the oil hose anywhere in SA and therefore have to place an order overseas.
I requested a loan bike previously from the manager who refused and told me that they do not give loan bikes. A lot of people have been given loan bikes.
As a result of this inconvenience I requested a loan bike due to a planned ride that was going to be on 24 August 2019 which was going to be an early start. I asked the Service Advisor to have the bike delivered the day before the ride.
She emailed me this response "The bike can be picked up at our dealership at 08:00 and needs to be back at 13:45 on Saturday as no bikes are allowed to "sleep out" as per our Insurance requirements".

I have missed a lot of rides, I have been to a paid Rally without my bike, I am paying a lot of money towards a bike that is not in my possession!

I DO NOT HAVE MY BIKE NOW FOR 4 MONTHS!

This is not the first time this has happened - previously my bike was kept for 6 months.

Absolutely bad service, it depends who you are and my bike not prioritized.

6:58 pm EDT

Harley Davidson rear brake chrome master cylinder cover/replacement fender 2012 1200 sportster seventy-two

Have ordered 2 chrome rear brake master cylinder kits...the caps obviously were not composited(chemical composition)to deal with the heat put off by motor...they crack/fall all to pieces within months

Had to have replacement fender due to car hitting rear fender ...the replacement fender is not like the original/with extra holes an shorter...the paint job us [censored]ty...the top coat has cracked around all three top openings on fender...have pics an proof of purchase thru Roanoke Valley Harley Davidson, Roanoke Virginia

K
4:07 pm EDT

Harley Davidson service repair

Dear: Harley Davis Motorcycle Corporation:

I am writing to your company about some problems Mr. Outlaw encountered with the service of my motorcycle on two different occasions. Last month, Mr. Outlaw begun having problems with his motorcycle which resulted to multiple
in-service repairs. The services were performed at your Greenville location that led to disappointment, agony, and unbelievable loyalty as a customer of your company.

At this time, Mr. Outlaw is seeking grievance of the services performed which led to continued poor performance of his motorcycle that should have been thoroughly checked and diagnosed upon the arrival to the Greenville site which was delivered from your Durham site. Nevertheless, the entire Harley diagnostics test should have discovered the same problem not a different problem which was told to the customer. Since the purchase of the motorcycle, Mr. Outlaw has taken good care of it, performing all recommended maintenance, and any mechanic repairs that were suggested for the life of his motorcycle. He feels that the service was deceptive and evasive that caused another fuel in-take system problem that should have been successful during the first repair and to make the customer aware if the system may have issues if older parts are not repaired for the maximum performance. It is essential that your company become actively involved in working with their customers to stand behind quality work, care, and loyalty that was not shown to Mr. Outlaw while entrusting his motorcycle to be serviced.

In the future, I ask that Harley commit and fulfill honest and loyal service to their customers. I suggested that you re-evaluate the service that was given to Mr. Outlaw and distinguish Harley name and care for what they stand for in the public's eye.

Please restore my faith in your company, stand behind your values, and look further in the matter that was handled in your Greenville location at the time of Mr. Outlaw service work was done. Looking forward to hearing from you to assist and to develop a plan, which will hopefully be complimentary and satisfactorily that would resolve further ligation's in this matter.

At this point, this letter services as notification of grievance in the matter stated not limited to just expenses, but includes time, courtesy and obligation of Harley Davis Corporation. Please feel free to contact Mr. Outlaw at [protected]) or at [protected]@yahoo.com.

S
6:03 pm EDT

Harley Davidson refund of my gap insurance money

purchased a bike there in Feb.2019 paid it off in March and submitted for a refund of the GAP insurance ($850.00), was told 6 - 8 weeks, well that time went by no check, Harley finance said they endorsed the check May 31st and sent it back to Sheldon's, tried calling but calls were screened and never got the call backs I was promised, they have lied to Harley Financial services twice now saying they sent the check on July 12th then said they sent it Aug. 1st, they tried to get out of the BBB complaint by telling them it was resolved went it clearly wasn't, at this point it's breach of contract, theft of my money and just terrible business making Harley look real bad.

F
1:41 pm EDT

Harley Davidson 2019 harley davidson low rider

I bought a 2019 Harley Davidson low Rider the problem I have is the rear passenger pegs are out of alignment the right side is taller well then the left side which causes the passenger if they stand up on the pegs causes you to lose balance that could be a safety issue that needs to be corrected the dealership wants to charge $2, 200 to put a different exhaust pipe on and level the pigs out I paid cash for my bike on most $16, 000 I thought it would be correct when I bought it I don't understand why we have to have an issue to spend more money to make the bike correct then from the factory

R
7:53 am EDT

Harley Davidson service department

I have sent an email to Stutsman Harley Davidson concerning my 2016 ultra. I detailed all the issues I've had with it, of which 3 were directly related to their service technicians workmanship. It's currently in the shop, possibly related to their handlebar installation. I did not receive a response from management at Stutsman Harley Davidson. My only response was from the service manager, in the form of a snide comment on an unrelated post, on someone else's Facebook page. Is this the type of people you want representing your Brand? The amount of time and money we dedicate should be deserving of a certain level of respect. If you choose to deal with this, I can go into further details.

R
8:13 pm EDT

Harley Davidson service unethical behaviour

drove 357 miles to purchase 2006 hd softtail advertised price $6521.00 the salesman statted that he would give me $1800.00 trade in on my honda When I arrived they pulled the (bait and switch) I have the paper work on the ad and the paper work on the purchase and sales agrement . I have notified the BBB and monday morning will call the AG I am 75 yrs old and to be tricked by a used car salesman is as low as you can go All he had to say was I do not want your trade It cost me two days pay plus 700 miles was not veary easyto do

6:34 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Harley Davidson parts taking weeks and weeks to be ordered from dealership.

Last time I'm making use of Harley Davidson Gold Rand located in Boksburg, South Africa.

I have been warned by all my Harley friends not to take my bike to them, but thought they might just have had some bad luck with Gold Rand.

5 weeks ago I was assured that my bike will be fixed within three weeks, at most!….and two weeks ago I hear that the parts have yet to be ordered…now, after being assured it would DEFINITELY be fitted and fixed by today, I have to hear that the one part have only been shipped a few days ago (which I seriously doubt as they all have different versions of what's going on there) and would probably arrive end of this week.. That's more than one month after I booked the bike in!. How can that be?...!

It's two small parts, that needed to be ordered together, the same or at least the next day of my bike being booked in.But they just left it and only ordered after I asked them what the ETA will be. And yet there's new stories abt the ordering and shipping every week! They have told me different stories regarding the ordering of the parts, so they have been blatantly lying to me as what's really going on.

5 weeks for two small parts that would take 2 hours to replace…is that acceptable?.

I could have ordered the parts myself, have it couriered within days through DHL AND replaced it myself within a week for a FRACTION of the cost that these guys are charging me.

I can't accept this. I NEEDED that bike ASAP, and there's absolutely no real effort from these guys.

For the future, they should AT LEAST give their customers the option to have small parts like what my bike needed, couriered with DHL instead of trying to save money by ordering in bulk and letting their customers wait indefinitely for their bikes to be ready..

I'm sorry but I'm not leaving this here

10:42 pm EDT

Harley Davidson motorcycle service and representation in bogotá.

We have a big problem in Colombia. For more than 12 months, the Harley Davidson store located in Bogotá, the capital city of Colombia, has been the city that registers the most HD motorcycle users in Colombia and now we do not have an authorized warehouse. the representative of HD in the city of Medellín now has. high prices, that smaller city and that is more than 8 hours away, that makes it very difficult to maintain a motorcycle. We found that for the manufacturer that situation is not important and we users do not feel support from the manufacturer. Today we find many motorcycles selling because they do not find safety in a brand that does not interest their customers. we need a distributor in the capital city of Colombia and if it is possible that it is an economic group different from the one that exists in the city of Medellín, that would be a market monopoly at a much higher rate than the previous distributor that led very well the brand for more than 22 years. we only want our city Bogota, the capital of the country and the city with more motorcycles than the rest of the country.

M
9:14 pm EDT

Harley Davidson harley davidson trike

Bought a new trike and the rims look like crap tried everything too clean them up no luck the dealership and Harley Davidson basically said sorry about your luck I paid $42000 for what I thought was the ultimate bike this is my 3rd new Harley Davidson in 7 years plus all the used Harley I've had I have heard other people having same problem talked to a gentleman bought a 2016 trike same program but Harley Davidson put 3 new rims on for him so I'm going to start trying to get hold some other people with same problem

B
5:25 pm EDT

Harley Davidson sales/marketing

Dear HD,
I just traded in my old bike for a new one a week ago. I have already confirmed with the loan company, put my down payment down, and they took my old bike. Meanwhile I've been left without transportation for the week and nobody at Jet City Harley seems to be able to tell me what the hold up is. I am beyond dissatisfied because I was not informed of any such delays and now I am out on money and transportation! This is the worst customer service and business practices I have ever experienced during my time riding!

A
1:07 pm EDT

Harley Davidson product and service

I bought a 2016 harley davidson dyna street Bob, it was wrecked and they did not tell me about it, I started riding home and I noticed everything immediately. I called the salesman up and told him about it and he told me to bring it back up another day because they ended up closing after I left. I have the 3 year warranty with my bike and everything should be covered. My rims bent, I have bad front bearings, my forks were raised and making noise, my battery took a [censored] on me, there's Mark's all up and down the bike and there is probably still [censored] I'm forgetting. I'm getting highly irritated the bike is back up there right now in the service department and they r telling me they can't do anything about it. They r telling me that the warranty doesn't cover anything. They r also trying to say that I did the damages to the bike when I told them about it since day 1. Something needs to b done about this or I'm gonna go a lot farther then take this to the complaint board. This is some [censored] and I want to b compensated. Either give me a new bike or cover all the damage done to the pos u sold me. Simple as that. Stop wasting my time. The bike has already broke down on me and left me stranded and I haven't even had it for a month. My dad bought a brand new bike off of them and the gas tank leaked. Do they just not go over there bikes b4 they send them off the lot? This is complete [censored].

Harley Davidson In-depth Review

Product Range and Quality:

The Harley Davidson website offers a wide variety of motorcycles to choose from, catering to different riding preferences and styles. The quality of both the motorcycles and accessories is exceptional, with attention to detail and durability. Additionally, Harley Davidson provides a range of customization options, allowing riders to personalize their bikes to their liking.

Customer Service:

Harley Davidson's customer service is commendable. The staff is responsive and knowledgeable, promptly addressing customer inquiries and concerns. They are also well-versed in the products and can provide valuable assistance with product selection and customization, ensuring that customers make informed decisions.

Pricing and Value for Money:

While Harley Davidson motorcycles and accessories may be on the higher end of the price spectrum, they offer excellent value for money. When compared to competitors, the pricing is competitive, considering the superior quality and features. Customers can expect a worthwhile investment in terms of product longevity and performance.

Brand Reputation and Trustworthiness:

Harley Davidson has a rich history and a strong reputation as a brand. Their commitment to delivering on promises and providing exceptional customer experiences has earned them the trust of riders worldwide. The high level of customer satisfaction and loyalty further solidifies their reputation as a trustworthy company.

Online Experience:

The Harley Davidson website is user-friendly, making it easy for customers to navigate and find the information they need. Detailed product descriptions and specifications are readily available, allowing potential buyers to make informed decisions. The search functionality further enhances the online experience, ensuring a seamless browsing experience.

After-Sales Support:

Harley Davidson offers comprehensive after-sales support, including warranty and service options. Their repair and maintenance services are efficient and effective, ensuring that customers' motorcycles are well taken care of. The high level of customer satisfaction with the after-sales support reflects the company's commitment to customer satisfaction.

Community and Events:

Harley Davidson actively engages with the motorcycle community and organizes various events. These events provide opportunities for customers to interact and engage with fellow riders, fostering a sense of community. Additionally, the company participates in charity and social initiatives, further showcasing their commitment to making a positive impact.

Environmental Responsibility:

Harley Davidson is dedicated to sustainability and reducing their environmental impact. They prioritize the use of eco-friendly materials and practices in their manufacturing processes. The company also demonstrates a commitment to ethical manufacturing and sourcing, ensuring that their products align with environmentally responsible practices.

Innovation and Technology:

Harley Davidson embraces innovation and incorporates advanced technology in their motorcycles. They continuously introduce new features and improvements to enhance the riding experience. The integration of digital tools further enhances the overall riding experience, providing riders with a technologically advanced and enjoyable journey.

Overall Experience and Recommendation:

Based on personal experience, the overall Harley Davidson experience is highly satisfying. The brand's commitment to quality, customer service, and community engagement sets them apart. Potential customers can confidently consider Harley Davidson as their preferred choice for motorcycles. While there is always room for improvement, Harley Davidson's strengths far outweigh any areas that may require attention.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Harley Davidson customer service

Phone numbers

1800 258 2464 1800 102 6180 More phone numbers

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Harley Davidson?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Harley Davidson Customer Service. Initial Harley Davidson complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Harley Davidson above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Harley Davidson. Discuss the issues you have had with Harley Davidson and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.