Menu
Hardee's Restaurants
reviews & complaints

Hardee's Restaurants
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

512 complaints
66 resolved 446 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Hardee's Restaurants. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
S
1:31 pm EDT

Hardee's Restaurants - people handling food

The early morning shift doesn't wear gloves while handling food. If you ask them to put gloves on, they will comply, but shouldn't they wear them at all times if they are handling food?

Oct 22, 2009 6:20 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Yes you are right to expect these food service employees to wear gloves when handling your food.they also should be wearing hair-nets! nothing worse than seeing someone with long figure nails real or artificial, handling food, you know there's all kinds of crud underneath those nails!
its a health issues that you can report to the manager or dehec.

L
9:14 pm EDT

Hardee's Restaurants - rude slow and getting orders wrong

hardees in toccoa ga the cashier was very rude to me the family that was behind my husband and got their food first, i went befor my mother-in-law and she got hers befor my husband and me. i went up to the cash register to ask what was takeing so long befor i could get one word out she snaped out that it was still cooking(from my knowlage they should have had it ready it had already been 20 minutes) when i got my food i went to my car looked in my bag and seen that my order of large fries was not in there.(i had orderd the combo #9 plus an order of chilli cheese fries)i went back in to ask why i didnt get my large fries she said with attitude that she had replaced the large fries with the chilli fries thin if posable she got even smarter saying i owed her 1.49 if i wanted to have the fries. i had already payed 8.84 the meal was 5.99 plus .99cent for the large plus 1.29 for chillicheese fries plus tax whitch it comes to 8.84 what should i do

1:17 pm EDT

Hardee's Restaurants - overcharged

This has happened twice so far. When you order a combo it includes a small drink and side order plus tax. The employee then rings everything up separately and then its ?.59 . If you didn't catch the combo price you pay for the food and walk away. Heres the catch. Everything separately is more than the combo price and then plus tax on there it gets pretty expensive . Ever wonder why every receipt that you get everything is itemized on there. If you look closer sometimes its a few cents but the last time I was there it was .50 Cents for the combo more than the posted price. Breakfast burrito small coffee and hash rounds 3.99. It was rung up separately and came to 4.49 Plus tax which came to a total of 4.81. What happened to 3.99 Combo.

I contacted the Hardees corporate line and they will check due to its a franchise and not a privately owned .. Oh really I bet they will check. Next time are you getting more for your buck, or are they!

H
11:57 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dear mr. Andy puzder, My name is hani fahim it’s a great pleasure writing to you sir, however I have a complaint against hardees egypt, I will explain what happened briefly, I called hardees yesterday at 11.45pm for delivery for only 2 five stars burgers combos and 1 super star burger combo after waiting for more than 50 minutes the order came wrong they...

Read full review of Hardee's Restaurants

Hardee's Restaurants - manager refused to serve us??

My wife and I and my 28 y/o son went to order from the store drive thru and we had a buy one sandwich get one free coupon and the girl said is it a 2.0 coupon we said no its a buy one get one fre and she again said its it a 2.50 off coujpon and we said no then she didnt let us fimnish our order and to bring the coupon around to the window and she looked at it and said NOW WHAT DO YOU ALL WANT in a mean belligerent voice and we said you dont have to have a attitude with us and she said to ua I am the only one working this side of the window and we said that not our problem we want to finish our order as we never got to do so!them she looked at us and said I dont need your business after being there for 20 mins and late for work over her attitude?we left wihout our order, she refused us service and I am a disabled and a diabetic needing the food at that time?

Aug 13, 2009 8:24 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I would have called and reported her to the manager there, or try the corporate office and let them know how you were treated!

B
1:08 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I go to Hardees about 3 times a week for breakfast, the same Hardees. I always order about the same thing. I get a sauage Texas Toast and a Breakfast Frisco Sand. no egg. This morning I ordered Sauage Texas Toast and a Breakfast Frisco Sand. no egg add bacon. I got back to work and had a Breakfast Frisco Sand. with bacon but they had also put the egg on it...

D
5:18 am EDT

Hardee's Restaurants - attitude of mgr. on duty

I went to this Hardees on 6-24-09 at 9:14 p.m. As chilidogs were on special 2 for $3.00, I ordered 6 chili dogs. I explained that I would like to have 4 without chili and two with extra chili. The young man on the register was called off by the black female manager with light colored hair and she took over my order. She charged me 30 center twice for the two chilidogs with extra chili. I explaind that I was getting 4 chilidogs WITHOUT chili and should not be charged extra for the two with extra chili.
She explained that the company required that she charge me extra for the two with extra chili even though I was getting 4 without chili. I told her that surely she jest. She assured me that was the company rules and that was what she was going to do. I cancelled my order. I had two others waiting for the chili dogs and at 9:14 p.m. there were not a lot of other choices of places to purchase chili dogs in that area. I have been buying all kinds of biscuits and angus burgers from this location for a year and a half. I have been a Hardee's customer for 40 years as I am originally from N.C. where you had your first stores.
I asked for the information on how to reach the district office and the manager's name. She wanted to know why and I informed her I was going to file a complaint. She went to the back, made a phone call and came back to give me her boss' name and phone number and told me to just go ahead and call her boss. I told her I would go higher than that.
I reordered 6 chili dogs with the chili on the side in a small cup and thus solved the problem. Other customers that were sitting and waiting for thick burgers looked at me and just shook their heads at the attitude of the manager. I paid using the balance on my $20 gift card I had purchased a few days before and paid the balance in cash.
I find it hard to believe that someone in management would not have better customer skills and more common sense. While I enjoy the Hardee's products, I will not return to this particular store when this manager may be on duty. I will continue to purchase morning biscuits etc. but will not take a chance in running into this employee again. The young man that had been on the register when I first started and was pulled off, came outside and apologized to me. I assured him that my interaction with him had been great but his manager left a lot to be desired. He was a nice young man.

H
8:02 pm EDT

Hardee's Restaurants - handling of food

On 6/27/2009, at about 10:00 A.M., we went to Hardee's for breakfast, we ordered Texas Toast, with egg and sausage and another Texas Toast with egg and ham. We watched the person that prepares the food, she didn't use tongs to pick up egg or the meat, she used her bare hands, dropped it on the counter where she prepares the food, and pick it up with her bare hands again to put it on the toast, which is unproper, we compained and the manager told her to use tongs, then she had a terrible attitude throwing egg and meat on the toast which then the toast was tearing apart, and threw the sandwich on the warmer. We were very unhappy on the service. We would never go back with those hillibillies doesn't know what to expect. The manager should be watching over the employees and make sure they are using proper utentils. Other states, employees must wear plastic gloves while handling food.

J
2:14 pm EDT

Hardee's Restaurants - milk shake quality and quantity

I went to hardees with my kids on 6-7-09 and we found plastic in our milk shakes.. Not just a little plastic, but alot of long pieces of plastic.. The backon chedder burgers were old, dry, and didn't have but maybe a spits worth of chedder.. The bacon was a tooth braking joke.. Anyway I called to complain and they offered to replace the order.. No problem, great, thanks.
I just went to another hardees in town and ordered a ham and cheese combo with a milk shake.. I asked her to go easy on the chocolate, and she did.. But I only got a little more than half a shake.. I went back thrue the drive thrue to ask why, and she said they're pre-measured and wouldn't do anything more than say sorry.. I took a pic of the shake and would like to ask you.. If you went to the dentist and paid an un godley ammount to have a tooth filled, would you be upset if they only filled a little more than half your tooth.. And when your still in pain, and ask why didn't they fill the whole tooth, they look at you and say the filling is pre-measured, i'm sorry, there's nothing we can do.. Maybe, just maybe one of your genius employees don't know how to measure, or it was to the end if the ice cream bucket and was too lazy to open a new bucket to top off the ice cream cup.. But i'm sure that wasn't it, because every hardees employee is completley honest and 100% accurate, right... Maybe I am wrong to want a full milk shake without plastic in it for the hard working $3-$4 dollars we paid for it.. I don't think I am asking too much at all.. Thank you for reading this..

K
9:06 am EDT

Hardee's Restaurants - pig toys

Dear Hardees staff, it is my pleasure to send my thanks for the good quality of the snacks and sandwiches and good customer services that your restaurant is providing. your good product and services have been reflected yesterday (9/6/2009) when my wife contacted the Hardees branch at my city at almost 5:00 pm and has requested 4 kind meal and one SANTAFEE meal which have been deliver to my house in quite short time. However, after we opened the kid’s meals we found two of the four kid’s meals have been delivered along with two pig toys. As you know, in our culture as Muslims pig is not a preferred animal and its meet is not eatable, because it is islamically band to even utilize any derivative of this animal meet, nerves, fat, blood and so on.
dear Hardees, I believe that your quality standards is very customer oriented to take care of such issues that my affect the loyalty of the customer to your restaurant which is highly important for you business success at our city. Also I don’t want this type toys to be a reference some people to distort you restaurant reputation.
Thank you reading my comment and i wish all success for your restaurant.
I am attaching the photos of the pigs in the mail.
Sincerely yours

Khalid

View 0 more photos

N
10:39 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I paid full price for the experience and joy my kids would get from opening their gifts that are included with every Hardees kids meal . After waiting in the blistering sun at the drive thru in 43 digree heat we returned home only to find out that we had been scammed there were no gifts although on their site and on the bill it clearly states * Free Gift...

J
4:22 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

About 2:30pm 5/24/09 I went to Hardee's restaurant. I ordered a Bacon Cheeseburger meal and an apple pie. About 7:30 I start getting sick. I took several alkaseltzer and it did not help...I ended up going to the emergence room because I was so sick...I started vomiting and etc. Today 5/25/09 it is 3:19 and I still feel funny...I'm glad I did not have to work today. Jan

A
11:32 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The hardees commercial of the harlot dressed in a slezy dress, setting on steps with her legs apart, her breast showing and eating a burger like a man is the trampiest commercial I have ever seen. It is pretty Bad when you have to use sex to sell hamburgers, we will chose Mcdonald's everytime over hardee's. No wonder our country is looking More like sodom and gomorrah. What is next? God help us! This company has no shame.

G
12:21 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On monday, may 18, 2009 at approximately 11:00 a. M. , my husband, my aunt, my cousin and I ordered lunch at the hardee's red burrito restaurant in union, mo. My cousin and I ordered the nachos grande. The overall plate looked like something they had left over from the day before and was bearly warm. The chips were soggy and nothing tasted fresh. My husband...

5:19 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Store is supposed to open at 5:30 each morning. If the regional manager is there, it does. The only problem is, she"s only there a few days a month. The attitude of the employees when she isn"t there is, we"ll open when we want! This has been going on for quite a long time now and i know from personnel experience that you have lost numerous customers. We...

T
10:11 pm EDT

Hardee's Restaurants - service

I visited the resturant on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 during the lunch hour. The person working the drive thru window seemed to be frustrated with the busy crowd, which is understandable. However, when I was there at the window waiting to receive my drinks that were ordered, the lady was filling one cup and reached for the lids with the other hand, grabbing both at the same time. She was unable to seperate the lids with the one hand so she proceeded to use her mouth the seperate them, then placed them on the cups. When she turned to hand me the cups I informed her I didn't want those cups because I sat there and watched her use her mouth on them. She seemed even more agitated as she throw them away and fixed more drinks for us. As this was going on a lady (whom I thought was a customer), was leaning on the counter talking with another employee. She then came into the kitchen area and fixed her a drink then walked back out. This lady was dressed in what seemed to be her pajamas that looked to have been very dirty.

Because of my work schedule I was unable to address the problem with a manager at that time so I returned to the resturant that evening when I left my job and asked for a manager. When the manager came to the counter she just happened to be the lady from earlier that day whom I thought was a customer fixing her own drink. When I told her my experince she told me that the lady shouldn't have done that and she offered me a free combo the next time I came in. Her work uniform looked just as unkept as her daily attire. It looked as if it had been worn several times without being wahsed, not just faded but filthy.

I reported the incident because of the health risk of passing who know what kind of germs, and for this employee to get more training if needed. I don't know when or if I'll return to Hardee's therefore I didn't want a "free combo".

Thanks for allowing me to voice this matter,
Tamora Rippy

2 comments
P
Mar 01, 2011 7:12 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I just went to Hardee's for a quick drive thru lunch. - LOL - no such thing there!
I just sat for 30 minutes in line with just 3 cars in front of me. I sat and watched 4 cars pull out of line and drive off. Then when I got to the window the girl apoligizes for the wait and tells me that "the people in the back won't do their job"! They are losing alot of business because of their inability to move their order along. I won't go back though - I will go to Arby's or Wendy's or somewhere that services their customers!
Terrible service and then the food was horrible too! Sad!

G
May 14, 2009 10:39 pm EDT

The Hardees in Stevens Point, WI., ABOUT A YEAR AGO THE MANAGER CALLED ME A ###, jEFF WAS HIS NAME I BELIEVE

D
7:56 pm EDT

Hardee's Restaurants - no air conditioning

For the last two weeks the air condition is not working in the lobby.
I have spoken to three managers so far and all they can say is that
The office know's about it.
So do something !
They said that in the back was cool but no air in the lobby. There was a lady who got too hot and got dizzy and had to leave because of the heat.
When I was there I looked at the thermostat and it was 86 degrees
In thre and it was only 10:30 in the morning.
Please fix this problem before someone gets sick or hurt.
Thanks

Update by debbie
Apr 26, 2009 7:58 pm EDT

it is hot in the lobby at hardees, no ac.

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I understand that companies use tactics to gain sales, but this commerical with the "lady" eating the hamburger... well you can't even say she's doing that- it's more like a interview for a r rated movie. I saw this during the day/evening with my 9 year old daughter and 14 year old son.. Come on Hardee's, advertise the good stuff on your burger, don't...

2:19 pm EDT

Hardee's Restaurants - vulgar commercial

The Hardee's commercial featuring Padma eating a hamburger in a manner illustrating sexual behavior is disgusting! This commercial is very inappropriate for anyone to have to view but especially children. Whoever is behind the making & broadcasting of this commercial has no respect for women and views them, as the commercial says, "A piece of meat". Until this commercial is pulled from the air, Hardee's will forfeit my business. Obviously money is more important to Hardee's than human respect & decency.

Update by Campanula
Apr 21, 2009 12:39 pm EDT

Instead of getting the prudes out of your lives how about we put the perverts in the closet. Lets put all these men back in their place.

If you choose to indulge in perverted sexual behavior, do it in a private place, not on public TV. Obviously you men have no respect for women or children. It's a shame that your minds have reached such a state of depravity. Why don't you get off your tv watching rears & be REAL men. Real men respect women!

By the way, Mr. Jason Tillo, I weigh 110 pounds. I'm not a fat couch potato watching the idiot box. Perhaps you are and that's why you are defending pornographic commercials. Contrary to the Hardee's commercial, women are NOT a piece of meat. Women are NOT here for your sick, sexual pleasure. Sex was created by God for 1 man & 1 woman in marriage. Woe to those who call evil good!

5 comments
I
Apr 28, 2009 12:56 am EDT

I think everyone that says these things A. no nothing about marketing and B. didn't listen or watch the commercial C. knows absolutely nothing about a passion for food, freedom of expression, and symbolism. You all are missing the point. First you would've had to read Padma's book to understand the context of which the commercial used it. Secondly, you would have to understand that for food lovers every where (especially chefs) eating great food is a very sensual experience. They derive the same pleasure from the experience of tastes as lovers do foreplay.
It's not porn people! Apparently, nobody who posts these comments have ever seen porn, even soft core porn. I'm a woman, and I am not offended by this commercial because I used to work in marketing for a few years. What people find offensive is usually because they are uneducated and do not see the whole picture. Sometimes that is the fault of the advertising/networks. Mostly because of time constraints, etc. things tend to get lost in translation. I wonder if everyone who complains is also calling the axe company, burger king, tampon companies, penis enhancement agencies, etc. It's only offensive if you are easy to offend. Try talking to your children instead of shielding them from the f***ing world. In the long run you are doing more harm than good by not preparing them for what is truly out there.

Apr 21, 2009 11:24 am EDT

Lets get the prudes out of our lives

Apr 21, 2009 10:44 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

lets get the porn off main stream tv

Apr 19, 2009 8:18 pm EDT

This commercial belongs in a porn movie not on telivison where children of all ages see it and imitate what they see. I'm very offended by it and it do turn it off and yes I've complained to Hardee's.

Apr 16, 2009 2:26 pm EDT

Loosen the bone Wilma.
Your TV has buttons on it, if you don't like what you see PUSH ONE.

T
12:43 am EDT

Hardee's Restaurants - food complaint

We came and ordered two sets of 2 for $3.00 double cheeseburgers. After we have gotten our order, we checked and noticed the burgers were extremely greasy and made the bun soggy. Also there were no napkins. All and All the food taste great but the service needs to improve some.

S
Oct 11, 2014 10:32 am EDT

Restaurant #222
We ordered two sausage biscuit and added cheese. Cheese was not added. They handed us two slices of cheese so we could put it on them.
We ordered two ham Frisco sandwiches and received one slice of ham on sandwiches (see attached photo for verification)
The service from employee and Michelle and manager Rebecca was "sorry" and that was it.
We were treated rudely and the service was very unsatisfactory. I will not recomment anyone to visit Northhill Hardees in Minot North Dakota

Hardee's Restaurants contacts

Phone number

+1 877 799 7827

Website

www.hardees.com

Most discussed Hardee's Restaurants complaints

Food
(opinions to this review)