Having problems with Gumtree?

Gumtree reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 13, 2008. The latest review Ford ranger roller shutter was posted on Oct 23, 2021. The latest complaint someone is selling things using my number an I can not talk to or get in contact with gumtree was resolved on Dec 03, 2014. Gumtree has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 281 reviews. Gumtree has resolved 12 complaints.

Gumtree Customer Service Contacts

5 New Street Square
London, England, Greater London
United Kingdom - EC4A3TW

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Gumtree Customer Service. Initial Gumtree complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Gumtree above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Gumtree. Discuss the issues you have had with Gumtree and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Gumtree Complaints & Reviews, Page 5

GumTreefraudulent purchases

Good day
My name is Abdullah Arnold. Between Thursday and Friday my bank card was cloned.On 28 July 2018 two purchases was fraudulently made to gumtree from my account.
Purchases was made on 28 July 2018 18.47
19.01
from First National bank card number [protected]
Can you please investigate this and try to bring these perpetrators to book
Regards
Abdullah

Respond

GumTreecomplaint about a misleading person

stephen bow replied to my ad on gumtree, said he was going to buy my rainwater tank. gave him my details and he gave me a time and day to make the transaction, but he never turned up, my whole day was wasted . he misleaded me and i want to take action against him, im sick and tired of waiting for people to show up and dont, especially when they have my address. i want to take him to court.

complaint about a misleading person

Respond

GumTreeCustomer service replies to support requests.

Raised two support requests on the web site and the only response seen is an email with a satisfaction survey attached. The second request was to ask where the response for the first request had been posted and all I got again was an email satisfaction survey.

Have since raised a third support ticket asking for an erasure of data under chap 3 art 17 of GDPR. I expect just a satisfaction survey email response after a number of days but I will check that my account has been deactivated at that time.

1st support request 01/07/18 req [protected]
      email reply closure received 06/07/18, sat survey 07/07/18
      2nd support request 06/07/18 req [protected]
      email reply closure received 10/07/18, sat survey 11/07/18
      3rd support request 11/07/19 [protected] GDPR request

Incidentally received a warning of imminent take down of my ad in three days on 10/07/18 would I like to bump. Ad has already gone today after 24hrs!

I am not expecting any remedy as such, I have elected to not use the site but more to make you aware that this occurs and I still don't know where the responses from support are actually posted, certainly not to my email address. The closure request from support (1st email) comes from a "[protected]@" email address so no point in a straight reply to that to contact your representatives.

GumTreecounterfeit goods on gumtree

I purchased a Watch on gumtree early june and the watch arrived it never kept time and finally packed up all together 2 days after purchase, I contacted the seller who has refused a refund, no support from gumtree I have raised the matter with my credit card provider its still investigation the matter, I have complained to gumtree who stated that they were keeping an eye on this person account, now I can see he is still listing fake goods on this site and when I reported it to gumtree nothing had been done, to remove the adverts.

I consider that Gumtree is supporting the sale of grey and black market goods, do not use this website as they allow counterfeit goods to be sold on it.

the seller is named Ray for Grangetown Cardiff, he is a CEO of a company and I have his address.

GumTreead for caravan rental

Hello
          I was unable to post my ad today. I contacted the chat line and was told my ad was breaching the Gumtree terms and conditions. Both responders said the decision was made and would not be reviewed. They were unable/unwilling to tell me which rules I had not followed. I have advertised my caravans for three years on Gumtree without a problem.

My complaint is Gumtree has personal information they are not sharing with me and no explanation about why I am banned from Gumtree.

Patsy McDermott
          [protected]@gmail.com
          Ad ID: [protected]

Respond

GumTreedemand for bank transfers and possible fraud

Hi I think its about time you demanded all those using gumtree took payments via paypal and not the increasing demand ive noticed for bank transfers which is mostly use for scams as it offers buyers no protection what so ever unlike paypal, I recently tried buying an alexa dot and 5 of the people I asked demanded bank transfers, needs sorting asap.

Respond

GumTreenot able to delete my account

First, as I am aware it is against the law to refuse that someone has his account deleted, but this is exactly what gumtree is doing.
              You don't have an option to delete your account so you have to contact their support team what takes 48hrs to respond and then send a mail on Saturday, close the request on a Sunday... not everyone checks their mails on a weekend...

Not to mentioned, when requested to have my account closed, I get some [censored] questions, when when provided the answer, they still asking the question over and over again...

Respond

GumTreecharged despite ad not posted

Hi there,

I posted an advert to sell some train tickets, and was charged £2.99 for making it an urgent advert, yet immediately received an email saying that you wouldn't post it as it wasn't in a category which you accepted.

The payment was made via my paypal account [protected]@yahoo.com

I would like my money refunded please.

[protected]@gmail.com is my Gumtree account

3 Responses
                    Annabel Tucker Jul 09, 2018

what do I do I have sent it twice already as you can see above?
                    You have not returned my MONEY

Annabel Tucker Jul 09, 2018

I have paid for an ad, you deleted it and you have not refunded the money

Annabel Tucker Jul 09, 2018

I have paid a fee to post an add and it was deleted but I have not been refunded the money.
                    Please reply?

Annabel Tucker
                    [email protected] . com
                    [protected]

GumTreeanyvan services on gumtree

Please avoid linking Anyvan to all sectors of Goods for sale - I recently purchased a canoe - described as double 15ft Canadian Canoe. Add linked to quote - result was I purchased Canoe after removal quote received. Anyvan then failed to collect, and failed to offer alternative carrier . They take no responsibility for their actions and now say they cannot provide any carriers for canoes... Great news after you've just bought one!

GumTreeunauthorized credit card charges

On the 20th of June I received an email and tax invoice (ZA180606079) from Gumtree thanking me for my purchase of R59. I have not ordered anything at all and the fact that Gumtree can just debit charges on my credit card is unacceptable. I expect a full refund immediately and for my details to be removed from the Gumtree system.
                    I replied twice to the mail I had received clearly stating that I had place no order and expected a refund, but have received no answer or even acknowledgement of my mail.
                    I tried your live chat option, but was hanging on for more than an hour before I gave up.

Amanda Witherspoon

GumTree — theft

I made a online purchase on your website for £75 for a pair of Valentino trainers, sent the money to the...

GumTreeselling kittens

A neighbour in Harrow has been selling non neutered, non vaccinated kittens from the same female cat using your site for over 10 years at least. This cat is now 12 years old and has been producing litters at least 3-4 times every year.
                      This is cruel to the female cat as it is exhausting for her. The vendor sells the kittens to anyone for £50-£60 each and treats it like a business.There are no checks on the kind of people buying the animals leaving the kittens open to possible abuse and neglect.
                      Many kittens in the local animal rescue centres need homes as well and have been neutered and vaccinated for the same price.
                      It morally irresponsible for your site to be advertising any pets at all as there are no safeguards for their well being.

Yours

K.Turner

GumTreead [protected]

Hi there ive reported this ad on numerous occasions and nothing has been acknowledged. Tbe seller fraudulently bought this off my Son using fake paypal details. Its been repoeted to the police, which i have a criminal ref no for. This is the 2nd time she has listed this item, the first time she did it, my son asked for the authenticity number, which is what my son has a record of and it matched his. He confronted her and she removed the item but has since relisted it, can you please unlist, i can give any information you require.

Please do not let this seller list the item she stole from my son.

Regards
                        Claire Reed

Respond

GumTreeyour billing for products not bought

Client Ref. : GT0066109727
                          STA Ref: 1413749

I have sent detail email about this to cstephanson in gumtree and STA ltd which is collection team of gumtree before more than a week ago. It is so disappointing that no one has got time to reply or email.

Our company "Quick2let ltd" has reported this 6 months before as well when we have got collection from Arvato and gumtrre has assured that they will update the system but now I have got another legal notice of double the amount.

I hope gumtrre accounts team will have courtesy to reply to this emails and resolve this as soon as possible

Thanks
                          Chetan patel
                          Quick2let
                          [protected]@gmail.com

your billing for products not bought

Respond

GumTreerogue spam furniture ads in brighton, for sale section.

I have complained numerous times about the plethora of daily spam black furniture ads in Brightons Gumtree For Sale section, to absoputely no avail!
                            These ads are numerous, daily, FALSE NAMES newly registered every day to get free advertising on gumtree...they are foreign internet based, no link whatsoever to Brighton or Sussex with no offices! THE SOFAS ADVERTISED ARE ALWAYS GREY OR BLACK AND WHITE WARDROBES AND BEDS WITH LARGE PHONE NUMBERS IN THE PHOTO ADS IN EITHER RED OR YELLOW! The furniture is cheap crap with no British fire standard certification...a red flag as illegal to sell in the UK! There are hundreds of these flipping ads every day!
                            Very very annoying. ... And yet with each complaint, numerous gumtree staff simply delete the pointed out ads for that day and say nothing can be done to stop them!!

This is just pathetic in this day and age...gumtree should be contacting the company who's mobile numbers appear daily in the same ads ( with false names) and BAN THESE ADS COMPLETELY AS A CONSTANT NUISANCE AND ILLEGAL!

Due to Gumtree / EBAY PARENT COMPANY, INCOMPETENCE in stopping these nuisance ads, I now use another App to browse For Sale items locally as Gumtree does not see fit to putting any effort in to keeping local sites free from regular Spam!

Gumtree used to be a good site to use, not any longer!
                            A. Moore

GumTreecar repair

Dear Sirs,

I write further to my conversation with yourself on Sunday in regards to an ad for car repairs on gumtree. I adviced to contact Citizen advice bureau and they advised me to contact gumtree as they should manage the complaints and resolve the dispute.
                              My car is badly repaired and painted.
                              Crackls and bad paint is visible. The work was not done to a satisfactory standard.

I have attached the photos of my car after the repair was done, as well screenshots of the advert posted on gumtree.

I look forward to hearing back from you at the earliest convinience.

Yours faithfully

Nauman Saleem

GumTreecommunication with gumtree

I've been on hold today for over one hour. My ad, for The Healing Room, Dunfermline, just disappeared and I had no idea this had happened, until someone told me they could not find my ad. I logged in found an 'edit required' message, which claimed an email had been sent to me detailing the edit required - but I have never received any such email.

I've been holding all morning, left it for a bit went out, came back called again - still on hold now.

I have contacted Gumtree via Facebook, Twitter and searched for any other way I can contact you, but ever number is blocked solid. Where can I complain outwith Gumtree about this lack of support and bad business practice? Your business is very badly run.

Someone who wrote a review for me told me big businesses were complaining to him that the review he had written for me, which I copied onto Gumtree and which contained his professional body membership after his name, might be construed as his professional body supporting my business - rather than him personally. This is obvious nonsense, it's jealousy about the success of my very small business.

I just wonder if the edit issue is because of them complaining. I suggest if it is that you should support your advertisers and not people who don't advertise with you complaining. I know I might be wrong, but what I do know is that my advert is down and you have no answered any phone calls for over four hours.

GumTreeselling of animals

Selling of animals on your site, how can you do this, all your doing is helping unlicensed breeders of dog or even stolen dog go up for sale.
                                  I hope one day when these new laws come into force you'll be made to stop selling animals dogs etc.
                                  Doing this doesn't give your site a good name.
                                  Your Webb site is being reported to the kennel club, not just by me but many other dog owners.
                                  Surly you have a heart not to make money out of these poor animals

GumTreeadvert

Every time I post an ad within minutes I get phone calls from call centres trying to sell something and it keeps on all day had over 10 calls this morning from (have you had ad accident )or (ppi) never using gumtree again .not worth the hassle even if it is free . Don't know if gumtree shares phone numbers but do get this problem with other sites . Try it you will wish you hadn't

2 Responses
                                      • Ta
                                        tammax8 Jul 22, 2018

gumtree is a load of piss since e bay bought it

• Ta
                                        tammax8 Jul 22, 2018

quite right gumtree is now a load of piss since e bay bought it

GumTreekitten bought

I purchased a kitten and although I know you risk it buying on these sights, the lady said on her advert she had wormed/flead the kittens, had been checked by vets at 6 weeks. She also wanted to drop her off as she wanted to check where she was himing them. So kitten turned up, money exchanged and off like a shot. Next morning kitten on my knee I looked in her fur and could see flea dirt. Off I went to the vets to get advice. Was told I couldn't give her another dose as I risked over dosing her, also tried to contact the seller to see what she used ...no response. I got back and took one comb through her she was riddled, bathed her and the water turned black she was that bad. I'm disgusted that someone would do this as it's animal cruelty. This lady also saw I have three kids. Had I not been on the ball my house could of been infested. The kitten could of died from the neglect and I hope the other two people that purchased the other two kittens have realised.

kitten bought