ADVERTISIMENT

Grouponclose my account and stole my money

U

I have a groupon account and have been using it for years. I attempted to log into but it said the account did not exist. The customer service told me that they closed my account because I have multiple accounts (I have additional account to purchase a skydiving voucher for my nephew and just used once) but were willing to give me back my usused voucher. I complied the ones I have not used (8 ones, with a total value of over $300) and send them to the customer service. They changed their attitude and told me my account was “a violation of our Terms of Service and closed the account. This decision cannot be appealed” and asked me to immediately stop using their service or they will take “further action”. I felt so disappointed as I was always a loyal customer to groupon. I just think it does not make sense for them to close customer’s account without notification, even though the customers might have violated some rules, which I honestly don’t know about in the past. It is ridiculous that groupon says the value of the groupon we purchased never expires and then they just shut down the customers’ accounts so they can never have their money back. I hope more people will know the way they treated some customers and even threatened them with “further action”. I will never work with this company again.

close my account and stole my money

• Mi
    Michael Blunt Nov 01, 2021

The very same thing has happened to me, no explanation or reason why my account has been closed but I got the same email telling me not to use their site anymore.

• Ti
    Tiff Jan May 12, 2019

Today i tried to log in using my facebook and email. None of these worked at all. I just realized that Groupon quietly shut down my account thats why i couldnt sign in. I still have nearly $100 left on my account and cant get it back now. Groupon stole my moneyyy!!. Horrible company ever, Beware

• Va
    Vasily Domashev Dec 22, 2017

Groupon stole my money! I wanna share this story. In July I registered on Groupon Merchant and did some sales for an amount around $200. But in August Groupon block my account without any explanation and stole my funds. I open few tickets in customer service but they close tickets with note money successfully send but it is not true I have all bank statements there you can see nothing was coming from Groupon. I wanna let everybody know that Groupon stole money from merchants!!

Comment Guidelines