Greyhound Linesbus service

It is with a very heavy heart that I write this compliant. I am an international student so I don't know much about the Greyhound bus system so please accept my complaint as being genuine and objective. I really hope that some actions are taken against this company. This company operates with absolutely no regulars to customer or customer service. They believe that they are not and cannot be held responsible for any inconvenience even if its 100% their fault. My name is Travis Wilson and I started traveling at 4:00am the morning of Sept 11 to Wisconsin. The most horrible experience I have had to date while traveling was about to begin. I was at the station at 4:20am hoping that the bus Would leave on time. To my dismay the bus only can 6:00am. I was very unhappy with the wait but I boarded the bus anyways. Please bear in mind that the representative at the station in Columbus is very rude and unprofessional. As I black man I was very saddened because she was black too. The bus got to the second station (two hours late) and we waited like for 1.5 hours before we boarded the second bus. About 25min in the driver announced a lunch stop. Little did we know that that stop would be a 5 hours stop. The driver notified us that we need to leave the bus and go get comfortable because it was going to be along stop. The air conditioning was not working and so he had to request another bus. We got no further information. He only informed us that he had reported the issue and he has no idea what our wait time will be. I immediately called the customer service number they said they could not help, so I called the ticket number they could not help and so I called the corporate number and they too could not help. We just sat there and waited in vein. Like I wished this information was open to the public so that I could know not to travel with this bus. We finally got the Chicago and my last connecting bus had already left 5hrs ago. They informed me that there was nothing they could do and that I had to wait for the other bus at 11:30am. They merely offered a 7$ food voucher and again the black terminal manager was very rude and disrespectful disingenuous and duplicitous. I tried to board another bus that was going to Milwaukee (only two hours away from my final stop) and because I had been calling the corporate office so many times and they kept contacting her she was mad at me. She lied to me and told me that the bus was full, when the driver spoke to me he accidentally told me the bus was not full but that he had to pick up one passenger at some other stop and that was the seat they had intended to give me. I wrote this complaint while sitting inside the bus station. I informed everyone at all levels and offices that I could not spend the night in the station as I had a heart condition and I had to be home to take my medication. The terminal manager informed me that the ambulance are very close by. This is one of the most inhumane ways I have ever been treated in America. I still cannot believe that the government of the USA allow this bus company to continue like this. I hope that this complaint will get to someone someday that can do something about it. Whether you are a foreigner or an American you certainly should. Not be treated this way. Greyhound is violating people's human rights. People are being treated like products! Please someone please put a stop to this !

• Updated by Travis Wilson · Sep 12, 2019

It is with a very heavy heart that I write this compliant. I am an international student so I don’t know much about the Greyhound bus system so please accept my complaint as being genuine and objective. I really hope that some actions are taken against this company. This company operates with absolutely no regulars to customer or customer service. They believe that they are not and cannot be held responsible for any inconvenience even if its 100% their fault. My name is Travis Wilson and I started traveling at 4:00am the morning of Sept 11 to Wisconsin. The most horrible experience I have had to date while traveling was about to begin. I was at the station at 4:20am hoping that the bus Would leave on time. To my dismay the bus only can 6:00am. I was very unhappy with the wait but I boarded the bus anyways. Please bear in mind that the representative at the station in Columbus is very rude and unprofessional. As I black man I was very saddened because she was black too. The bus got to the second station (two hours late) and we waited like for 1.5 hours before we boarded the second bus. About 25min in the driver announced a lunch stop. Little did we know that that stop would be a 5 hours stop. The driver notified us that we need to leave the bus and go get comfortable because it was going to be along stop. The air conditioning was not working and so he had to request another bus. We got no further information. He only informed us that he had reported the issue and he has no idea what our wait time will be. I immediately called the customer service number they said they could not help, so I called the ticket number they could not help and so I called the corporate number and they too could not help. We just sat there and waited in vein. Like I wished this information was open to the public so that I could know not to travel with this bus. We finally got the Chicago and my last connecting bus had already left 5hrs ago. They informed me that there was nothing they could do and that I had to wait for the other bus at 11:30am. They merely offered a 7$ food voucher and again the black terminal manager was very rude and disrespectful disingenuous and duplicitous. I tried to board another bus that was going to Milwaukee (only two hours away from my final stop) and because I had been calling the corporate office so many times and they kept contacting her she was mad at me. She lied to me and told me that the bus was full, when the driver spoke to me he accidentally told me the bus was not full but that he had to pick up one passenger at some other stop and that was the seat they had intended to give me. I wrote this complaint while sitting inside the bus station. I informed everyone at all levels and offices that I could not spend the night in the station as I had a heart condition and I had to be home to take my medication. The terminal manager informed me that the ambulance are very close by. This is one of the most inhumane ways I have ever been treated in America. I still cannot believe that the government of the USA allow this bus company to continue like this. I hope that this complaint will get to someone someday that can do something about it. Whether you are a foreigner or an American you certainly should. Not be treated this way. Greyhound is violating people’s human rights. People are being treated like products! Please someone please put a stop to this !

Tr