GreenTree Servicing LLC.Subprime lending fraud

C

Do not believe the written contracts GreenTree produces for the consumer home buyer they are full of ambiguous clauses to trap the consumer all they want to do is steal your money. GreenTree will lie to arbitrators and the court system to destroy a consumers dream of home ownership. GreenTree is a 31 billion dollar industry and will
kickout a family by use of unethical means, and apply every harrassing tactic possible.

mobilehomesareajoke May 02, 2009

This is a true statement. A class action suit needs to be started against Green Tree for their illegal business practices.

Elaine May 24, 2009

I tried to work out every possible solution I could with Green Tree they refuse to do anything except raise payments, and then I had the home sold twice but the banks refused to lend because they said they can never get the Titles from Green Tree. Finally I had no choice but to let them take the house. I would Love to see them Legally taken care of.

• Su
    Susan May 29, 2009

If there is a class action lawsuit please contact me, my name is Susan my email is [email protected] GreenTree, LLC has destroyed my family's American Dream and we were forced to sell our home because they are predatory lenders. Our mortgage was sold to them and we did not have a choice in the matter, but they have caused an extreme amount of stress and mental anguish to me, my husband and our son. Our lives are forever changed because of these greedy money-hungry bast**ds.

• Ef
    E.Fisher Sep 07, 2009

Please, I need everyones help to do this. I am getting ready go full force against greentree if we all pull together I think anything is possible. Its going to take time.

First, I need your stories sent to me.

[email protected]

Dont forget to give me away to contact you and keep in touch.

• Cl
    claudgee Sep 23, 2009

I as well am looking for someone to file a class action lawsuit against Green Tree for the same reason as being a predatory lender and discuss my account with other family members without permission. Over charging on my loan, charging me twice in some instants.

So if we can get an class lawsuit going, lets do this.

• Gi
    Gini642009 Sep 28, 2009

Can you imagine having your home taken away for being 15 days past due. This company represents PURE EVIL! I thank God that I have GreenTree out of my life.

• Gg
    GGarfole Sep 29, 2009

Green Tree Servicing bought the mortgage from Irwin Union Bank (2nd mortgage on my home). Like others, Irwin chased 2 sets of buyers away by not proceeding with a short sale (that would of recovered 90+ percent of their money- I would bring the rest from my retirement) Now they have the balls to try and garnish my pay (I'm fighting it now with an attorney) My attorney has found so many procedural errors that they have made on the Writ of Garnishment, we intend to counter-sue Green Tree LLC and their assigned attorneys (as well as a 10 year discipline from the Florida Bar to the attorney that tried to commit fraud.) If anyone is going through this, note: it is illegal for a Servicing company to take any legal action against you since they do not hold the original note and mortgage deed, they are not the counterparties that you made your original agreement with and therefore have no legal standing to sue you (this was upheld in a recent Kansas Supreme court decision) Anyway, I'm suing these jerks for trying to ruin my life. I believe the best that can be done will be to recoup my legal costs, and maybe get the Bar Association of my state to censure the attorney involved. Good luck to all you guys that are fighting these guys.

Elaine Sep 29, 2009

Somehow we must get a class action suit against this company, all they wish to do is Financially ruin good people, even after trying to sell my home the banks would not lend because they said they can never get the Titles from Greetree, so even that was a no go, I finally had no choice but to let them repossess the home, after they just kept raising payments and insurance rates even making me pay for flood insuarnce when I did not live in a flood area. This Company is a SCAM.

• As
    assistance with greentree Oct 07, 2009

I really hate to say it but I think that if your not passed due that maybe there wouldnt be this much of an issue. There is ways around losing your home but you have to be willing to work at it. Need to remember that if you get pass due on any loan past 30 days then it is harder for any lender to work with you.

• Le
    leximl Oct 28, 2009

I'd like to say that I'm not passed due, nor am I a client of Greentree. However, I've recieved harrassing phone calls at all hours of the day for the past year and a half. They leave long messages I have to suffer through and each time I call them back they claim to be shocked that they have the wrong number. And by "they" I mean "she" b/c it's been the same woman to call me each time. Incidentally we have the same conversation each time. I've been told several times my number would be put on the blocked call list, but that has yet to bear fruit. A "supervisor" even put me on it.

I try not to be rude b/c I understand these people probably don't have the best conversations, but I have little patience for the continued incompetence. I consulted a lawyer and was advised to file a harrassment charge with the police.

• Up
    UpsetTexan Oct 30, 2009

My loan agreement from 12/2001 is with CIT. Years later I received a letter stating Green Tree Servicing would be servicing the loan. My agreement states "No change in this agreement will be binding it is isn't in writing and signed by you and me (meaning me and CIT)." So to this date Green Tree stands in violation of my loan, because they failed to abided by the terms of the loan.

The agreement also allows me to make full or partial prepayments without penalty, which I did. Less than eight years later, I am ready to pay off the loan. However, I noticed that out of every extra principal payment, Green Tree took out an extra life/death payment on a policy I picked up 8/1/2005. When I asked about the over payments of insurance, I was told by Jennifer, Green Tree Customer Service, that the insurance company, Assurant, would rebate the money to me. I wanted to know why they would even take double payments in the same month. Jennifer stated well the policy calls for a premium to be deducted from every payment. I said no, "the policy calls for a monthly premium to be collected on or before the due date." I called Assurant to ask about my rebate and Rudy told me that there were no extra payments made. I said how can that be, I have statements showing the deductions and I am prepaid on my loan through the end of January 2010. So at minimum, there should be four extra payments. Rudy said no the payment schedule shows some monthly payments and at other times it shows that the premium was not paid and then Green Tree played catch up on the payments. I asked for a copy of the payment schedule; Rudy said he could not because Green Tree was the policy holder. Really, the loan agreement states "no ownership interest in this contract or security interest in the commodity may be created other than through possession of the original, and if applicable, a mortgage or deed of trust." So let's see I am paying for insurance, but no one has to show me the payments. Green Tree can not give an explanation as to what happened to the money they deducted but did not apply. Sounds like insurance fraud to me. They sold the policy and at the time I named my husband as the beneficiary. He is not mentioned on the policy, and Assurant represented that he is in their computer system as a 10% beneficiary with the remainder going to Green Tree Servicing. Assurant stated Green Tree Servicing can request the payment schedule and forward it to me. Amber and Christy Anderson flatly refuse to request the payment schedule from Assurant and send it to me. I guess they are running scared from insurance fraud.

Either way, I requested that Green Tree go back and post the extra insurance premiums to the principal on the days they received them and recalculated the interest on the note forward beginning on August 1, 2005. This request was made 10/15/2009 for which I had a payoff of $28, 220 good until 10/25/2009 and a monthly statement reflecting a payment due of $21.34. I also requested that the new calculations be sent to my attention. On August 26, 2009, I did not hear or receive anything, so I called again. The recording stated I owed $450 and that the loan payoff was $28, 130. Well these amounts are total incredulous. How could I owe $450 when the note states the payment can't be greater than $413 and the payoff only drop by $90. So I called again. Christy claims that my note was reallocated as I requested. I told her I did not request it be reallocated, I asked that it be recalculated going back to 8/1/2005. It is impossible for the amount due to go up when they had misapplied principal payments. To mitigate my damages, I short paid the loan and will argue the difference once Green Tree supplies the proper accounting, because at this point Green Tree has not supplied me with the proper pay off amount supported by a declining balance. Customer Service representatives just try to frustrate their customers in order to keep the interest clock clicking. In fact, when I asked Christy Anderson for the corporate address and phone number, she claimed she was it - that the call would just come back to her (I bet Keith Anderson would be surprised to hear Christy is the new CEO - you cannot blatantly lie about your position or the Corporate address, especially when legal action for service processing is a possibility). I probably should not have said anything, because then I could win by default. Ha! Ha! I finally got Keith Anderson, CEO, name out of her (wonder if they are related), however, she may have provided a fraudulent address for him of 1400 Turbine Dr, Rapid City, SD 57703. I googled Green Tree Servicing and found a different Corporate phone and address than Customer Service provided. I called and asked for Keith Anderson and was told he was not in. I tried to verify that Keith's address is 345 Saint Peter Street, St. Paul, MN 55102, Phone (651) 293-3400, Fax (611) 293-3622 and the lady who answered the phone said, "I don't know." Unbelievable! She then transferred me to customer service. I hung up and called back. This time she transferred me to the legal department where I left a message. Hopefully some one in that department has a functioning brain and will call me back.

Finally, today (10/30/2009) I received what looks like an Excel spreadsheet with no declining balance. So I called again and requested Devon send me the payments with a declining balance. She too wanted to argue over my request of reallocation. Well guess what my loan agreement does not call for reallocation, which according to the terms would have to be in writing. But the loan does allow for full or partial prepayments. And I reiterated that I requested a recalculation and I don't care what they put in their computer, because it is all lies.

Then I called CIT and guess what they are no longer in business. So to me it looks like Green Tree does not act in good faith, does not do proper accounting of payments, violates the terms of the note, fails to properly disclose, engages in what appears to be insurance fraud and has probably the worst customer service department I have every encounter. Yes, I would have to agree, customer service is filled with nothing but incompetent people, who just attempt to frustrate the customer's effort in the most deceptive manner that I have ever run across. However, this is one customer that is not going to back down.

Nor are these the only problems I have had with this company. When I would not buy their homeowners insurance (exact same policy I had only more expensive), each year they try to take out a policy on me even though I have one. So last year I started months in advance to have the policy endorsement sent. My homeowner insurance company verified that they mailed the policy three times. Each time Green Tree claimed they did not get it and last year took out a policy for me. I fought it vigorously and they finally reversed the amount. I would not call these actions a mistake. I called them at minimum an attempt to harass and annoy their customers, but it is more akin to deceptive trade.

If I had not decided to pay off my loan early, I would never had been the wiser that they were ripping off my insurance payments. Green Tree can drag their feet all they want in correcting this problem, because as far as I am concerned the interest clock stopped clicking on October 15, 2009, and this matter will not be settled until I receive a full accounting with a declining balance so that they do not get more than one penny due on the note. So Green Tree consider yourself on notice.

Loan 36003333

Any attorney considering a class action can reach me at [email protected] I look forward to hearing from you.

• Cl
    C. L. Owens, Montg. Al. Nov 14, 2009

I've been praying about this predatory lender: Greentree better known as (Conseco), for 10 yrs thank you Jesus that we will have the victory in this matter, because too many of us can attest to the same situations. I'm online right now trying to make a payment with my prepaid visa card and can't because i'm trying to pay half according to my arrangements that i made w/ them it won't let me, it's all or nothing they're so use to making me do a quick collect w/ western union until i believe they must own that too, they close their website down on Sun. open it back up on Mon. morning. they ripped me off w/ fee's galore & added 2years to my pay off date as well, told me i don't qualify for the Obama plan, i'm ready to sue them Now!! Montgomery, Al.

Email: [email protected]

• La
    Laurie6957 Dec 09, 2009

I agree with all of you and if there is a class action suit filed against Greentree count me in. I have been dealing with them for 9 years and was getting ready to sell my Mobile Home, 3 months ago I called to get the payoff amount and it was quoted to me to be about $6, 000.00 give or take a 100.00 or so. I called today and was told my payoff was $12000.00 and change. I almost fell out, so I figured it out and it seems that my Interest and Principle have been applied the exact same way since day one of my loan. In 9 years I have barely touched the principle which the total loan was for $18, 000.00 and change. This is highway robbery. there is no way that I could have this loan ever paid off at this rate and it was only a 15 year loan. At the end of 15 years I would be paying over 50, 000.00 for a 1987 Mobile Home. I knew at the begginning I would be paying more than $18, 000.00 due to the interest but over $30, 000.00 in interest is just plain stupid. [email protected]

• Me
    Mel77 Dec 15, 2009

Wow. I am currently going through a short sale and Green Tree is the second mortgage holder on my loan. My loan was sold to them like many others listed here. I have had a solid offer on my home since April 2009 and still fighting with the banks to get it done. GreenTree refusing to accept the portion the first mortgage is allotting them and will risk losing the deal entirely over about $2900.00. They would not work with me to modify or anything else when I began struggling due to job loss and an auto accident. Now I sit here 8 months later with an offer on the table that they refuse to accept. Plus, they want to come after me for the deficiency knowing that I am unable to pay them. I opted for a short sale in hopes of avoiding that and getting the banks as much as I could. I never expected to be in this situation. They are the worst to deal with. My first mortgage is through Bank of America and they aren't much better but at least willing to negotiate a little. They received the almighty bailout money and are supposed to be equipped to help people in this situation but they also drag their feet and lose paperwork time and time again. Glad those CEO's got their bonus checks this year!! I'm sure they'll enjoy my home much more than I do. What a joke!

Good luck to all of you in similar situations with these awful banks.

• He
    HENNDOGG2K Dec 30, 2009

I HAVE READ SO MANY GREENTREE HORROR STORIES AND I HAVE ONE OF MY OWN. I AM SURE, THERE IS NOT ONE GREENTREE CUSTOMER WHO WOULD NOT AGREE WITH US ALL...THE QUESTION IS, WHO CAN HELP US? ONCE WE CAN ANSWER THAT QUESTION WE SHOULD COLLECTIVELY MARCH ON THEIR ESTABLISHMENTS AND DEMAND TO BE HEARD!!! THE MEDIA CAN POINT US IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. AGAIN WE SHOULD RALLY TOGETHER AND PUBLICLY ASK PRESIDENT OBAMA VIA THE MEDIA, IF THIS WAS HIS INTENTIONS AND IF HE IS AWARE OF THIS UN -AMERICAN TREATMENT...( [email protected]) LETS TALK ABOUT DOING THIS, (ANYONE) IT HAS TO START SOMEWHERE... WHY NOT WITH YOU AND I ???

• Ro
    Rouse Homes Jan 22, 2010

I would love to get a class action suit going against Green Tree. I buy and sell manufactured homes. I deal mostly with Repo's so I have dealt with Green Tree in
    trying to buy one of there homes. It turns out the Regional director for Oregon is some
    how related to a dealer. Every time any dealer puts a offer in, it will not be accepted unless
    you work for the specific dealer. I was told do not put in any offers or bids for manufactured homes in or around Portland, Salem or Eugene because you won't get the bid. The Dealer related to Green Tree always wins the bid. They had me drive several
    miles to put a bid in so the other dealer would bid. Of course his bid was higher because he
    was told what the bid was. Totally bull crap. I have been dealing with this crooked lending company way to long. I"m ready to file a law suit. This is so illegal.
    e-mail me please [email protected] Lynn Rouse Rouse HOmes.

• Aw
    awal2069 Feb 03, 2010

If anyone is doing a class action, please email me. I want in. Thanks! [email protected]

• Ld
    LdyRosaleah Mar 11, 2010

Add me! I've a story much like the rest of these. I have positive proof of the actions on my credit report. First Greentree sold our property for $5000 and left us with a loan default for $40, 815 (High Balance) 2006. Yet the amount owed was listed as $44, 962! I paid of about $3000 and low and behold in 2008 the Balanced owed had been raised to $46, 734!. All this with the account listed as "Debt Charged Off!" I have the same harassment, cursing, lying experiences as many others. [email protected]

JanetL Mar 15, 2010

I'm one of those trusting people who also found out I was being ripped off entirely by accident. I have an 8.25 percent second mortgage that was transferred to greentree by bank of america. Recently, the bills have begun to look a little screwy, so i went backwards and started to notice unexplained charges and, shocker of all shockers, that my additional payments of 125.00 a month were NOT being applied to my principle, but instead to the next month's payment. ok... then by that logic, i should be paid up to june of 2011 since i've been overpaying the account for THREE years now. but... no. that's not the case. I talked with a supervisor and she told me that they hold the money until the next payment, then apply it retroactively to the previous month and backdate the principle. huh???? excuse me???? that makes NO SENSE at all! Ok then... my principle should be lower then by about 1800.00... but no, that's not the case. It's about where it should be had I been making regular payments without additional principle. I have now contacted greentree about the discrepancy and hope to have a response soon. In the meanwhile, add me to the list of people who wish to participate in a class action suit against greentree... [email protected]

• Ro
    RodS Mar 16, 2010

I am currently disputing a "corporate advance balance" of 13.4k after my HELOC was purchased from GMAC. I sent a QWR on 2/16 and still have not received any itemized account or suitable explanation of these additional charges, so they have 30 days to respond or are in violtion of RESPA. Calling customer service is useless as I continually given questionable answers or outright lies, such as the balance was transfered from the previous holder (GMAC), yet I have a statement from GMAC clearly showing the transfered principal balance and no other charges.

The original loan was secured in June '06 35k fixed 8.4% 15 year balloon with no prepayment penalty. Every payment has been made on time and in most cases additional funds were applied to the principal. The loan was paid in full on 2/12/2010 and after calling to verify the payoff amount was shocked to hear a balance of 13.4k!

I have notified the Attorney General's offices in IL, MN, and WI, filed complaints with the FTC, Fed, FBI, BBB, as well as numerous media outlets over this matter.

Do not waste time with this company and notify every applicable regulatory agency immediately! If you even suspect fraud or abuse notify a professional early and get the ball rolling. Start with your local HUD official and file complaints with your Attorney General's office.

MowellK Apr 17, 2010

We are currently getting ready to go to our general sessions court against Green Tree Servicing. What happened was in November we fell behind in our payments. We caught those up in December along with December's payment and our customer service rep Jeff Graves asked me if I wanted to do a check over the phone for January's payment. I went ahead and did this. This payment was taken out of our checking account on January 5th but wasn't posted to our account until February 2010. Then in the beginning of March we receive a call telling us that we are a month behind. I've argued the fact that no we are not behind. They cannot prove that we were behind. But, my husband agreed to go ahead and send $700. On April 4th, I sent $500.00 to Green Tree because I had to buy groceries for our house and needed the other $200. That only left us owing approx. $200. Well, then I get a call and so do our neighbors about making another payment. In the mean time on March 23rd. 2010 Green Tree filed with our local court to take us to court. We received a certified letter stating that we had 30 day from March 30th to cure the default. Which means we have until April 30th to cure all monies due. Why was the court date filed on March 23rd? I have no clue. A court date was set for April 21 which is next week. We haven't received any summons to appear in court as of yet. A lawyer here in Kingsport has access to these types of claims filed and can help people but he has to list that it's an advertisement when he sends out the letters that he does. THIS IS HOW WE KNEW THEY WERE TAKING US TO COURT!! We would never have known if it weren't for the letter the lawyer sent. Okay, on April 14th, I sent another $400.00 to Green Tree. When I called I told Heidi that according to the default letter that was mailed out on April 5th...separate from the certified letter, that our payments were all caught up and that we shouldn't have to go to court. She told me that in order for legal to stop that our April's payment had to be made ahead of time. This is not what the certified letter is stating or the notice to cure the default. This mess was the result of THEIR customer service rep. We are retaining this lawyer to go with us on Wednesday to help us in this matter. The lawyer explained that they have violated several FDCPA laws. We have also questioned the insurance that we have with them because of it being added twice on our statements. Also, verify where these people are calling from. Most are just collection reps that Green Tree has set up in various states. Also, verify if you have to go to court that the lawyer is legit. Green Tree has a reputation frauding even the court system.
    You can reach me at [email protected] inform me in the subject area if this is about Green Tree. I would love to make these people pay.

• Go
    godzarmy Apr 26, 2010

I will help with lawsuit.. [email protected] Greentree bought my loan

• Go
    godzarmy Apr 26, 2010

I would like to also be part of lawsuit

Elizabeth Zane Apr 27, 2010

I am starting a Class Action Lawsuit against Greentree Servicing. Any willing participants please send their name and address to me to forward to the lawyer. I will keep everyone up to speed on everything from the lawyer. [email protected]

Chris Magdz May 12, 2010

I have had Green Tree for many years now and have had nothing but problems with them. This is a second property for us in which we have tenants. The economy has left us unable to pay the mortgage until the tenant pays us. Green Tree has been contacting my parents and my in-laws for us being 39 days past due and I have asked them numerous times to not contact our family as we are adults. Now today I got a phone call that Green Tree contacted the tenant telling them that we have not paid since September and that the property is in foreclosure which is in no way true. And that they have helped us out of this situation before by moving three of our payments to the end of our loan! We currently today owe for April and May only. What right do they have to contact my tenant? This is nuts. The Attorney General can not do anything because it is not our primary residence. Now what do we do to protect our rights?

BrandyLynn May 19, 2010

Our loan was sold to GT back in Novmebr 2009. At the time we were two payments behind, but we're paying the previous company in a repayment plan. Once our loan was sold to GT, everything was wiped out that we had done. GT told me that I need to pay them the total amount by the end of the month or they will begin foreclosure precedings. Well, I am glad I am not that nieve. I called and talk to my representative and said that I wanted to apply for the rate modification and she said oh that will ruin your credit. I was like and a foreclosure won't? So I finally got the paperwork and submitted everything in December. In the mean time they were excepting payments from me. The Rep told me that as long as we were in process of the rate modification that we were protected from being foreclosed on. So not until March 15th did we finally get approved for the rate modification, but 2 weeks prior we were served with a foreclosure noticed. I called GT and she said oh no its fine, your account is on hold because of the rate mod. Well, I didn't believe her and I called their attorneys office and found out they had no idea we were in the final stages of the rate modification and our account was not on hold. So as soon as the rate modification was approved I made sure in writting that the attorneys office had stopped the foreclosure.

So we are approved on the 15th, a week later I call to find out why we have not received any paperwork to show we are approved. I kept getting the run around and then a week later I was told that they now have to do another rate modification becasue of Obama's new one. So they said they stopped the final process of the first rate mod, but it had been processed enough that we got statments showing the new payment, and that is why I had not received any paperwork. In the coming weeks I kept calling to try to find out about this other rate mod and no one could give me a straight answer. It has been two months now and nothing else has been done on our loan, except it reflecting the first modification. Then I get my statement for June and there is an extra $120 tacked on to our loan payment, no explanation, just says additional charges. So I call to find out what the heck this is and customer service says it is the legal fees for the foreclosure that never happend. That I was being charged $1508.50 over 15 payments. Still I have not received anything explaning this. I was told by customer service that I would have to write a letter and fax it to the dispute department. There was not a phone number he could give me. So they give us a rate modification we can now afford and have been making payments on time and now charge us for their mistake of letting our house go to foreclosure, when I was told we were protected from that becasue of the rate modification, plus we had been making payments. Include me in that class action suit [email protected]

• Cs
    CSW2010 May 19, 2010

I have been receiving calls from this dumb [censor] company for the past 8 or more months .they even put a balance on my credit report when i do not and never have done business with them! i have them removed from my credit report but now they are calling me a billion times a day and sending mail about a balance due! this has to be the dumbest company around . how the hell do i owe them anything when i never had a mortgage in my life!!

Sailingsusan Jun 07, 2010

My mortgage was originally with Suntrust bank and Greentree bought this mortgage 2 years ago. In writing on the suntrust contract it was stated that though the due date for the payment was the first of each month I had until the 16th before it was considered late. I never had a late payment under these terms with Suntrust ( 5 years) but when Greetree bought he mortgage they did not continue with the 16th of the month grace period and now I get these anoying automated calls to my home after the first of each month. Due to my financial circumstances the 1st of the month due date is not feasible. Does anyone know if Greentree has the right to alter the original bank contract when they buyout a mortgage. It feels like harrassment since they are not honoring th contract that I signed with Suntrust and they call even on Sundays as late as 10PM at night.

MortgagedOut Jun 08, 2010

My 2nd was turned over to green tree and I recieved my first letter last month, giving me 30days to respond. I don't know what to do at this point. After reading these comments, I'm very concerned. I've already obtained an attorney and will be getting guidance from him.
    I'll keep this blog updated with the progress.

• Co
    Copp Jun 09, 2010

Bought our dream home in a retirement community in 2006. Found a terrific mortgage guy who helped us get a better mortgage thru GMAC. We were typical americans, we spent what we made. Which in 2006 was very good. In 2007 my husband had a terrible heart attack. He is now on SSD. But for a couple of years we drained our savings and retirement to keep up with our mortgages. Yes, two of them. The first with GMAC and the second was with Bank of America. But then Green Tree took over the loan...servicing the loan. Now broke, we put the house on the market in Dec 09. Short sale. The end of Jan 10 we got a cash offer! We owe GMAC 168, 000. We owe GT 28, 000. oh, we tried the loan modif, GMAC increased the payments since we pay our own prop taxes and insurance. That was unacceptable so we tried the refi route. GMAC was going to charge us 10, 000 in fees and GT would NOT subbordinate. And GT wouldn't do a loan modifi with us. We tried. They gave us a good runaround. So we decided to do the short sale. Now with a cash buyer willing to pay 165, 000. GMAC will pay GT 3, 000 and the cash buyer is also going to pay GT an extra 5, 000. I've been told that is more then the % that is needed for both to close. GMAC gave us a closing date of April 10, 2010. So we found a rental home and vacated our house. GT isn't budging. GT keeps wanting our tax returns faxed. Our bank statements faxed. Even said they need one payment to keep the paperwork process going. When will this madness end? My husbands health is worse. Mine, I'm just stressed to the max. Any suggestions? Help? Ideas? oh, the house is also on the "to be auctioned list for June 15, 2010" so I'm thinking at this point GT will get zilch, nada, not a thing but empty house. Anyone can email me @ [email protected] good luck to all

• Er
    ericaanne1980 Jun 17, 2010

I'd like as well to join the class action lawsuit. Please email me @ [email protected], thank you.

• Er
    ericaanne1980 Jun 19, 2010

I've set up a twitter account designed specifically to draw attention to the stories on this site, and others. Spam it out, tweet your hearts out!

• La
    Laura Beltran Jun 24, 2010

Count me in on this Class Action Lawsuit. [email protected]
    I would also like Mel77 to count me in in the march.

BrandyLynn Jun 24, 2010

Has anyone had their loan sold to Green Tree and then Green Tree give you a rate modification and then take it away? It is about to get really ugly and I want to have as many people backing me up that Green Tree are intentionally trying to screw people. We had a rate modification approved back in March and they re-did our loan and we have made three payments towards it. Now, all of the sudden they are saying it wasn't actually approved, even though I have a signed contract, and that it has to be resubmitted and it won't be the same good rate as before. I have spoken to Fannie Mae and my lawyer and what they are doing is not legal. So if anyone is in a similar situation, please contact me. [email protected]

• Lu
    Lu Juan Rutledge Jun 25, 2010

I have been with Green Tree for about 8 and it has been a nite mare. My mortgage payment has gone up twice. They tell me it is because of the taxes and supposedly because of a late payment from National City. Green Tree is a very rude company and I knew it would be a nite mare 3 months in. I am sorry to hear what happened to you Brandy and I feel disappointed for my self because I was getting ready to call Green Tree to see if I could get my loan modified. I am definetly interested in the class action suite based on my mortgage going up twice without notice. Paying a mortgage should not be this hard especially when you are paying your mortgage.
    Email: [email protected]

NorCaliMan015 Jul 07, 2010

We let our house go and the house already foreclosed and sold. We had 1st and 2nd mortgage, not with green tree. Now, i dont even know why green tree is calling and sending letters to me asking me for payment for the 2nd mortgage. I keep telling them; i don't know you and go ahead and take the house. How is it that I owed Billy and Bob money but now have to pay Thornton, when Billy and Bob sold the house? I decided to do some research on them and seems they are difficult to deal with in every way. Most of you describe them as a cold blooded scaming company.

What can we do to rid our-selves from companies like this? or how can we rid this company?
    i'll take any advise. email: [email protected]
    thanks

• Sm
    s.miner Oct 14, 2010

I to have had problems with Grrentree. I had a mobile home wih them for 10 yrs and nothing but pains from the 1st month after I signed the papers. The constant harrassment and the do this and we'll help and do that and we'll help. Well I finally had the opportunity of a lifetime, a transfer to a different state within my company. I thought I finally had it made I was going to sell my home, move and create a better life for my family. I called to get my payoff and that's when I entered HELL. After paying for 10 yrs on a $30, 0000 loan I stilled owed around $27, 0000. I went back and forth with them trying to find out why and they said this and that, I was tired of it and just wanted to sell. I had a clause in my contract stating that i could sell the house for take over payments only. I called and checked and they said yes I could do that the buyer would just have to be approved. Well within a week I found someone to do just that I called to give Greentree the information and thats when they told me I can't do that. I explainedthat I called a week ago and they said I could. She said their policy has changed and they don't do that now. I said it's in my contract and they said sorry we are not doing that anymore. I had already started closing on the other house in the state i was transfering to so I just kept on the market and making payments and moved. 2 house payments finally got to be too much so I decided to turn the house over to them, in which case they told me they would sell the house. well they sold the house and for some reason they didnt sell it for that much and now they are taking me to court for $22ooo plus interest dated back 5 yrs and lawyers fees, that's ONLY $7000 LESS THAN WHAT I OWED. I was trying to fight it but it was becoming to hard and the lawyer I had said there isn't much we could do. So I will let them sue but as far as I am concerned they are not getting onr more pennie out of me. Anyone filing a class action lawsuit count me in.
    You can contact me at: [email protected]

• Li
    lindafb Oct 16, 2010

This is a company that i hate i got involved with. So if there is a lawsuite i am in.

BrentW Oct 19, 2010

Has anything come of this? I too have had trouble with green tree and they stole my home from me. We called and asked what we needed to pay to bring it current. Were given an amount of just over $5000.00 which we came up with but kept calling and calling and no one would tell us where to send the money. Once we finally got someone on the phone that knew something of the situation we were told that they had no record of that amount and didnt know where we came up with it but the amount they wanted now is $14, 000.00 which there was no way we could come up with all at once and they knew that. They ended up buying our house themselves at sheriffs sale and putting it back on the market. They kicked us out on the street to turn a profit rather than accepting our money. All of this because they knew we had equity in the home. If anyone wants to search it the property is at 13218 E. 46th Street, Tulsa Ok 74134 and my name is Brent Wall. I would love to know if anyone has started any kind of action against these crooks. [email protected]

• Az
    AZClassieLady Oct 20, 2010

My problems began when my FHA loan was sold to an investor (Deutche Bank) who used Green Tree Servicing to service the loan, back in 2008. Due to my company I worked for, being shut down and me changing to a new company, my salary went down. I had a major hardship due to both my parents passing and being buried around the same time. I still worked on making the payments, but it was a struggle. In November 2008, I was 30 days late. I was advised they could do a modification We worked it all out and set up so I could catch up. I called about a week prior to re-confirm everything. I was then told, no I couldn't do that payment plan, which now I was more then 1 payment behind, because they don't do anything regarding FHA loans. I went to HUD and was able to find out about the Hope for Homeowners, which was advised to me by the person at GT Servicing who worked in the modification department, that people who have a loans with Deutch Bank can do this modification with a lender that Deutsche Bank had on contract. Well, I went to the approved lender and was approved and when they tried to get approval from GT, for the final amount of loan, no one would reply. I was later told, well you were denied, they never even reviewed my approval paperwork from the other lender. It never got done. Long story short, it took me until February 2010 to get my modification done with GT. I went to Ginnie Mae which was where my loan was being taken care of and Deutsche Bank, which we had to get it out of securities in Ginnie Mae and back to Deutsche Bank to do the modification. All monies that were delinquent, where set up to go to the end of the 30 year loan final payment, as a balloon payment. I would be close to 80 and if lucky, I'd be dead, lol. I made my payments to GT on time, which was advised to me by email, the exact amount, but I was still showing a delinquent amount, which was to have been put to the back of the loan for the final payment on my 30 year loan. They also started a foreclosure in error, which they immediately stopped and as of October 2010, I finally received my letter of apology from GT and that it was done in error. I will take this and go to my county recorders to show it.

Needless to say, they never did get the delinquent amount put back to the end according to my modification. My loan was sold to another investor and went to Quantum Servicing. Quantum advised that every thing was such a mess with my loan that they still have to reconcile it and I was advised that I was under paying what I was suppose to pay.

I have all my documentation and ready to move forward on a class action suit regarding GT. With the monies I paid on my payments from 2/2010 to 6/2010, and them not even accurate and I was never even having my MIP insurance payments taken out of my monthly payment. It's a real mess and GT Servicing is a nightmare.