GreenTree Servicing LLC.Subprime lending fraud

C

Do not believe the written contracts GreenTree produces for the consumer home buyer they are full of ambiguous clauses to trap the consumer all they want to do is steal your money. GreenTree will lie to arbitrators and the court system to destroy a consumers dream of home ownership. GreenTree is a 31 billion dollar industry and will
kickout a family by use of unethical means, and apply every harrassing tactic possible.

• Pe
    Peg57 Aug 19, 2014

Are loan was purchased from GMC IN 2/1/2013 after GMAC went bankrupt. Green Tree and their employees have continued to threat and harass my husband and I through letters and phone calls. They have went as far as calling me while hospitalized and a family member. Even after I wrote a letter to cease all phone calls they failed to do so. We are now four months behind in our mortgage payments. They have put us in a trial modification for three months. we have completed the plan and still have not received any paper work to complete so that are payment will continue the same. I have been informed to continue the modification payment until we receive the official paperwork to sign and return.
    This company and their employees are unprofessional, liars, inconsiderate, rude, harasses, uses profanity, yells and screams at clients.
    We would like to be invloved in a class action lawsuit. Please contact us at your earliest convience.
    We definately need legal help ASAP!
    I can be reached at [protected]

• Na
    Natasha Lewis Aug 03, 2014

Yes, this company and its clerks are rude, inconsiderate, heartless and have no compassion what so ever for clients who are going through enough troubles without needing the harassment and sarcastic remarks from them. They continue to reply how they're trying to help you yet it seems more as though they're trying to throw you under the bus as if you don't have enough on your plate.. Unfortunately, my account was transferred to Green Tree. I understand that this is a business but regardless, I will NOT be talked to any kind of way or accused of lying about my circumstances. Basically, they're ###s! While I'm trying to figure out a means of keeping my house they're trying to push more for taking it. I offered to make 3 payments within a month to bring the account current and they wanted it all up front. Yeah, what a way to help someone.

• Rl
    rl0tgrl Jul 21, 2014

I am terrified after doing research on Green Tree.They bought my mortgage in May and have lost my payments already.Its only July! Are they a foreclosing company?Is that the only reason they buy mortgages? I have been in my home for 15 yrs.I only have 15 more to go before its paid off.This is my home, the only place I feel safe and where 2 of my kids have grown up.I have 2 more kids to go and have told them all this house will be theirs when I die.How can GT just come in and take peoples homes by not applying payments to make you look late or not payed at all?HOW IS THIS LEGAL AND WHY ISN'T ANYONE HELPING US? There seems to be a lot of victims of this company yet they keep on going.How in the hell are they getting away with this? Dropping peoples insurance, raising costs, changing the escrow so much people can't afford it!! I have a hud/fha loan.I wonder if that means it will be harder for them? For the love of GOD somebody somewhere help us!!! I have seen this stuff on the news and never thought this would happen to me.OUR HOMES PEOPLE!! HOMES where we live, sleep, eat, raise our kids, our comfort zone, the place we expect privacy, HOME! How is it they end up with someones home that is on time with their payments?They seem to lose payments to make you look behind so they can start foreclosing.I am sending the next payment certified mail with sign. required as PROOF they have my payment.I'm also telling them that I am sitting in the AG or DA's office while talking to them when I call today.They won't search for my payments but made us do all of that.WHY ISN'T WASHINGTON SEEING THIS? They bail out large companies and help them but pay little attention for us owning homes!!! OBAMA WHERE ARE YOU?

• Ga
    Gary Stein Jun 18, 2014

Caught up in my own headache with Green Tree. On the phone with them last night arguing and asking for "statements". Is it really possible they don't have the original re-finance agreement from 2009 with us and the other bank they took over mortgage from????
    Soooooo therefore, I'm making my email and web site and phone number available [protected]) for Green Tree to respond, and for anyone not happy with Green Tree. I want to resolve this and I'm fair ...
    [email protected]

• Th
    The Olds Family Jun 05, 2014

Green Tree just forclosed on our house. We tried everything. Even a lawyer whom fought for us got duped by them. I can tell you this...Eventually Green Tree will fall. I will carefully examine our statements (after a court order to get them since Green Tree will not give them to us) and begin a lawsuit against them in the next year. In the meantime, my family and I will have to move in apartments. Even though I was making my monthly payments on my mortgage, Green Tree just decided not to apply them.

• Th
    the helper Apr 25, 2014

PLEASE CONTACT THE LAW FIRM OF JERE BEASLEY (BEASLEY / ALLEN ) [protected] /[protected] /[protected] NATIONAL LAW FIRM THAT REALLY CARES. PLEASE KEEP POSTING .(YOU CAN RESEARCH THIS LAW FIRM ) LOCATED IN MONTGOMERY, ALABAMA THANKS BEASLEY /ALLEN & ASSOCIATES

• Jl
    JLDOO Apr 11, 2014

If there ever is a class action suit I want
    to be included. I purchased a mobile home in 11/99 made payments, were behind
    in payments they would not refinance but would add payments onto the back. I
    was making regular payments and wanted out of the loan did not want the home
    was unable to sell because it was too old and considered to have already been
    moved once since it was a display home and moved from lot to rental spot. I had
    paid well over $60, 000 in interest and still owed $69, 511.08 after 10 years. I
    had wanted payments under $500.00 they talked me into signing. I went into this loan with less than
    perfect credit and they saw me coming I didn't want to buy a home with a
    co-signer which I had done before. Was just excited to have a new home. The
    interest was 10/75% to raise to 13.2% after the second year. I know I owe some
    but not the $$59, 017.02 they say, since it sold for #35, 000 and they only said
    I had credit for $11, 000.I stopped making payments in June 2011 because they
    would not work with me. They asked if I wanted a volunteer repro I said yes. In 11/2011 they
    took possession. I have not heard from them since January 2012 and now today
    they send lawyer after me to collect $59, 017.02. The home was tax assessed at
    $40, 201.00 when they sold for $35, 000. I have been working hard to
    restore my credit and now this. Prior to repossession I had been making regular
    payments on time if not early for about 5 years.

• Da
    Danielle1984 Mar 28, 2014

I need help you guys... My husband's ex wife is a dumb [censored] and bought a double wide trailer ( first mistake) when they got it SHE got this house she got an interest first loan with this"company". He has paid on it for over 10 years now and we still owe 39k on this POS. We cant find anyone to refinance it for many reasons ( its a trailer, owe to much, ect) when we got married I got over handling all the bills and so on. We called greentree to see what we have to do to get her name off. Not only have they ALWAYS been rude [censored] (Dallas TX branch) about us even asking to get her name off. They told us we have to refinance and they wont do it. We thought we found a place to refinance, they told us not to make a payment becuase its about to get refinanced and its pointless. So we didn't (our fault big time) come to find out the divorce hurt his credit big time so we were unable to get approved. My husband got hurt big time and was unable to work for a while so it was hard to get that payment caught up. We are now caught up on everything else but green tree. We are doing our best to get them paid off. We are a month behind and they call us 10 plus times a day being nothing but rude and trying to say we should be able to pay our bills and we will lose the house and blah blah blah. The problem is that they treat people like we are all a piece of crap. There has to be a law or something about how they call NONSTOP and TRY to put you down. We have never been behind except this time. Or if the payment is a day late due to a holiday or whatever they will call you like an ex girlfriend still in love with you. The point of all this is to see what I can do to get them to stop calling so much and to stop being so dang rude. I know pay the one month we are late will get them to stop but I hope you guys know what I mean. I live in Oklahoma and I have tried to find out the laws but its so very confusing. Like I said we are only ONE payment behind NOT FOUR OR FIVE. Can someone please shade some light on me. We are not bad people, we just hit a hard spot like must do at one point or another. Please please please let me know what I can to. If it was up to me I would tell them to come get this house ( trailer) My husband and I don't like it anyways :) Thanks for the help

• Bo
    Bob Dobalina Jul 31, 2013

This company is a poster child for predatory lending. After paying an 18% for the 15 year term and all sorts of ridiculous fees, they're now congratulating me for reaching the end of the loan by saying I owe them an additional $5k.
    The ridiculous amount of fees they've charged over the life of the loan flat out disagree with my original loan paperwork, they've overcharged me thousands of dollars there. I asked for some documentation on the surprise $5k charge and they just tell me it's what I owe and the loan has reached maturity it's due immediately (although I was current on my payments).
    I'm not sure that I have any other recourse other than to get the money together and pay them before they take my house. Total illegal practices. If anyone is considering a loan with Greentree and finds this article, DON'T DO IT.

• Fg
    F*** Greentree Apr 24, 2013

Went to BOA office to make our payment this month and was told "servicing" had been transferred to GT..No letter - nothing. OK, so the girl gives me address for GT and I mail a check. 6 days later, my mother-in-law gets a phone call asking if she knows how to get a hold of me because my mortgage is "seriously delinquent". How they even got her # I have no idea. So I call and first they tell me the account # in invalid. Finally they find the account, but no record of my check. Next they tell me I need to make a telephone payment that day or risk negative credit and fees. Bottom line - I had to pay my bank a $10 stop payment fee, and pay GT a $12 "telephone convenience" fee because of their ineptitude...This is unbelievable - they have had my loan for ***9 days*** and have already screwed things up and embarrassed me with my in-laws. I don't know if they are crooks, idiots or both but it's truly amazing they can stay in business.

• Ak
    akaye Jan 07, 2013

Not behind... I'm pissed because 11years later still nothing going on principal. Was told that my payment date changes every month; based on when I send my payment. Its due by original loan on 10th. We pay on 3rd one mo and 5th the next Greentree says we are late! OMG... no way out. Sign me up for a [email protected] rainmaker_ [email protected]

• Ta
    Tarikmr Oct 11, 2012

I am in too. [email protected]

• Ni
    nicoledrinky Oct 11, 2012

We had a house we purchased 12 years ago from jim walter. Last year they sold the loan to green tree in sa. Then they started charging monthly insurance payments plus the note. I am now selling the house and had hail damage this may. The adjuster came out and looked at the house and said they would replace the roof. He told me he would call the next day but never called. Have called them and they will not call back or let me know anything. When he was here he missed a shop building in back of house that has damage to roof also. Now i guess i will be out $3000 to fix roof. The service is very bad and a rip off.

• Li
    LisaLW Sep 12, 2012

This is a comment for the people who are so proud to work for a company that is good at ripping people off. I am glad that you are proud of working for someone that is extremely rude to someones child when they answer the phone by mistake from you. How
    would you feel if you have the misfortune to get behind because of medical reason or any reason for that matter, and an adult threaten your child on the phone to have their house taken away. I think that you people are trained to act like to jerks. Go ahead pat yourself on the back for harassment you spew. God forbid it happen to you at some point in your life. You maybe number rated for the amount of money you make but that is because you are totally stealing peoples money. It is a never ending nightmare with this company. The company is unwilling to help anyone with the ridiculous interest rate and is always told we don't do that at this time. That is only because you don't want to so you can suck the average working person dry. That is really something to be proud of isn't it

• Kc
    kcrc Jul 19, 2012

I hate GreenTree also. I have had nothing but problems with them. They are rude and nasty and I wish I could get away from them. No one will refinance you if you have dings on your credit or if your house is under water. We can not get a HAMP modification because GreenTree services our loan on behalf of an investor or group of investors that have not given them the contractual authority to do so. Did anyone get the same letter? There has to be something we can do. Does anyone have an ideas? Any information would be a great help. We have falling on hard times like everyone else and they will do nothing to help.

wendye7 Jun 30, 2012

My husband and I do business with GreenTree as well... For the commenter that works for them I do not see how you sleep at night. Everyone gets behind from time to time and I have never done business with such predators! My husband is disabled and I am laid off. I have been harassed at my job and I am not on the LOAN. When a legitimate company is told do not call my house anymore or do not call me at work..they don't! GT has called my mom and step dad, my husband's parents and both have told them to stop calling them. Worse my father and step mother, who were not put done on the original paper work, were harassed tonight. I have no clue how these people even got their UNLISTED number. I live in Alabama and they live in Arkansas. My father is 85 years old and has suffered 13 different kinds of cancer. I will be contacting my lawyer first thing Monday morning to find out if I have a case. My husband suffers from heart disease and doesn't need to be harassed all day either. I myself have been a bill collector in the past and I found you can get a lot MORE with honey than vinegar. NO WONDER SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE LEFT THEIR HOUSE TO ROT IN A LOT!!! As for GT they will get paid on the 3rd as I told them they would. Another legitimate collection practice; when someone gives you a promise to pay you quit calling them. GT is officially not familiar with CFSA best collection practices!!!

• Ei
    EILEEN MAILLOUX Jun 28, 2012

Green Tree is a Predatory Lender. I have a 10.75 percent interest rate and have paid $78, 000 in interest in 13 years, Loan has gone down $7, 400. By time loan is paid, I will have paid them $149, 000 for a 1248 square foot home. The home value is $10, 000 max. Green Tree refuses to work with me regarding interest or principal. Told me to Short Sale it and/or a Voluntary
    Surrender where they short sale it and expect you, the customer, to pay the difference. When does the Class Action suit begin. Green Tree is a greedy company taking advantageous of lower income individuals. My emeil is [email protected] and would love for all of us to take action on this company.

• Ya
    Ya think May 03, 2012

Just to let you all know... I work for Green Tree... And am very proud of it... You are all upset because you are not hearing what you want to hear... We follow the laws... All employees are tested year round on our knowledge... You all keep saying we buy your loan??? No we don't... It is transferred from other servicers to us... And for good reason!!!... We are the #1 rated mortgage servicer after all... So the next time you are upset with a company and decide to trash them on the WORLD WIDE WEB... Maybe you should have read your contract, returned all of your documents on time, perhaps made your payment on time??? Just a thought.

• Ms
    ms judy Apr 22, 2012

I am in the GREEN TREE, "SPIDER WEB", (Along with all of you) ! They also raised my escrow, shouldn't have, no reason too! They also put me, at a double bill each month, I pay around the 8th to 10th, (never over the 15 days, stated on my original mortgage from Countrywide) I have never paid late! I also try too always add a few dollars extra towards the principal, each month...I am sick over being "STUCK" with these nasty, unprofessional vultures. Cannot sell, refinance or let it go...Now I am in fear that with all the ups and downs with them, I will never pay them off completely or get a clear deed, ever ! It seems it's a web and you are always in it, "STUCK". I tried for two months to get a MAKE HOMES AFFORDABLE LOAN, working through them, I Registered Mail back to them "the packet", waited 2 months, called back, was told by a call center in Atlanta, I had missed sending certain papers, again I reg/mail back to them the papers requested (to Tempe, AZ.) Then in January 2012, I got another letter from G/T wanting yet more papers, they say, I left out . The next day, another letter saying, I missed more paperwork, I kept good records and copies and notes, I knew I had sent all of what was asked for, the first time. Next day another letter saying., YOU DO NOT QUALIFY for the loan, although, on my 30 min. Interview I was the perfect applicant. The very next day, I received the whole packet "blank", to start over again??? I called the lady in Tempe, 2X'S, left the loan # and a message. No call back, ever !! POOOOOOR CUSTOMER SERVICE should be their logo. Class action law suit..Count me in, I wish I could get away from them, my house is worth $45, 000, I still owe $115, 000, it was the lowest priced house, I could find in Sarasota County, Florida in 2008!! I put $15, 000 cash down and put $30, 000 in remodeling, I am soooooo STUCK!!! [email protected]

• Re
    Rena75 Apr 20, 2012

I just found out that GMAC sold my mortgage to Greentree and they are already harassing me with threats by their collection department. I have NEVER made a late payment with GMAC my mortgage holder and was not notified that they sold my mortgage. I made a payment in March to GMAC as usual and found out that they had sold the loan. Had my USAA my bank not notified me that the payment was no longer being accepted by GMAC I would not have know the transfer occurred. Greentree is horrible and I am now calling around to see if I can get the loan refinanced with another bank. It is the second mortgage on a home I owned with my ex-husband who is still living there and I'm not very hopeful that I will be able to do so. I have since moved and have always paid my bills on time but Greentree is already stressing me out. Include me in any class action lawsuit.

Rena' ([email protected])

• Ki
    kimberly muhammad Feb 27, 2012

this company is very rude its very hard to talkk to a supervisor or manager ..i will do my best to cut ties with this company and fast!

• Ki
    kimberly muhammad Feb 27, 2012

Ist and foremost im utterly disgusted that bank of america sold my account to this ROGUE company..they are very rude ! i believe everybit of an horrible experience with this company..i will do my best from this day forward into gettn a local bank to buy my account i wouldnt care if my payments went ulp

• Nm
    N. Miller Jan 30, 2012

From day 1, when I had to deal w/GT, when GMAC sold out to them. I have always been salary, and when I changed school districts and my pay day changed, GT would not change my date and continued to charged me last fees for years. Been in my home since 1989, only missed 1 payment until this past April (2011) when I had to retire on medical disability in Dec. 2010, didn't make the money I used to, so decided to seek help---loan modification in April 2011 (now finding out just last week that they are SCAMS). Couldn't afford to pay mortgage and modification, so decided to pay modification fees $2500 over 4 months). After that completion, I picked back up on mortgage payments---GT held 3 months and then returned checks saying they need whole payoff on mortgage (over $70, 000). According to modification law firm, GT refused to even return their calls. Then in Dec. 2011, I get certified letter of GT filing foreclosure on my home. Went to modification law firm and have sent in papers to court to try and stop (Jan. 09, 2012) and have not heard anything since. I only missed those 4 months, and they want to throw me out of my home. I am just trying to survive with peace of mind in my home with my multiple disabilities I would love to get in with a class action suit as well. I live in the San Antonio, TX metro-area. My email: [email protected] Please anyone, if this is happening, let me know into to join in!!!

• Do
    Dorthoy Jones Oct 18, 2011

Green tree is a rip off and sad that company like them just want bleed you dry. I had the house for 15 teen years and still owe 30, 000 thousand dollar and i buy it for 35, 000 and still owe this amount something is wrong, yes i want a class action against them too. My email is [email protected]

• Ca
    carol1974 Aug 20, 2011

I just received a letter stating that my mortgage was also assigned, tansferred, or sold to Greentree Servicing LLC effective 9/1/11. I was happy at first because I hate BOA and don't want to ahve to deal with them anymore regarding my mortgage. However, the happiness turned to alarm when one of the first things that came up on-line regarding this company are all of the complaints about their practices. I feel like I need to get an attorney on hold incase things happen. If something happens, and from the sound of it, it probably will, I want to be included. I will follow up, trust me...

Wellville Aug 03, 2011

Just an update. After proving that we owe Bank of American nothing and are in good standing with them, sending out bank statements, and also contacting the Financial Department of Tennessee, Green Tree is no longer answering our calls, and a person from the Financial Department contacted me today stating that Green Tree is not cooperating with them either. We've proven our side, but Green Tree, when asked to send us a canceled check, that they say Bank of America sent us, and we supposedly cashed, we no longer hear from them. However, I know the matter is not gone. They think that by ignoring everyone, eventually, they will get the 577.00, just for their own benefit. Also, they changed the dates, several times, that we supposedly owed Bank of America. So, we had to provide bank statements from 4 different months, 2 different years, just to appease them. However, the statements we sent didn't stop the bill from coming and showing that we still have a past due amount listed. When I contacted Bank of America today, they asked if the State Financial Department could talk to them about our account, just so they could help us prove that we owe them nothing. Bank of America also said that it makes no sense that Green Tree would be trying to collect on a debt from 2 years ago, that they owned--and when Green Tree bought it out, our account showed we had no previous negative account balances with them. My fear is we will have to hire an attorney, which we can't afford, to fight them on this, even with all the proof we've supplied, even with the formal complaints to the government we've filed. Green Tree Loans, LLC, is a terrible business practitioner. All they want is to screw people out of money where ever they can, no matter if they are in the wrong in doing so. They know that most people can't or won't get an attorney to stand up to them. In today's economy, who can afford to go to court? Most will just pay it and move on, and Green Tree will continue to practice fraudulently.

• Cb
    cbojr Jul 05, 2011

We would appreciate it if we could also be included in the class action law suit. [email protected]

• Fe
    FEDUP!!! Jun 15, 2011

Just found out today that my BOA 2nd mtge was sold (or perhaps servicing only, I'll never know) to Green tree on April 29, 2011. I was never notified by either BOA or Green tree. I found out the loan had been transferred when I went in today to ask why BOA had not drafted their monthly payment from my BOA checking account for the month of May. After collecting new Green tree acct info from the BOA bank person (apparently BOA either owns or controls Green tree, because they pulled up the info readily on their computer screen), I logged in to Green tree & found that they did indeed "own" my loan, but the balance they show as transferred was $60 over the proper amount. After all I have read about Green tree, I know I will have to refi the home to combine the 1st & 2nd mtges just to get rid of Green tree. The real battle will be when the payoff comes from Green tree, I am sure it will be more than it should. I will be in the BOA office tomorrow to ask many questions as to how & why the loan was sold without my notification, and why the principal balance would have changed. BOA apparently thinks it can nickel & dime its customers for a $100 here, $500 there, in amounts too small to warrant legal action. Spread that across a few million loans & it adds up to a tidy sum. After all, how does a 74 year old retiree go up against a $125 billion multinational corporation that has its corporate fingers in our national treasury with the approval of the U S Secretary of Treasury & both the Republican and Democrat SOB's who have occupied the whitehouse recently? Talk about Tammany Hall! Where is good old Harry "give 'em hell" Truman when you need him? Harry's "happy days" went out with the arrival of predatory lending and marketing in the 90's, which coincides neatly with the availability of the internet and personal computers at the same time. Are we "fellow Americans" screwed or what? No wonder EVERYONE cheats on their taxes and lies on all their applications.
    FEDUP!

• Gt
    GT Class Action Jun 04, 2011

sign up at GreenTreeClassAction.com

Wellville Jun 02, 2011

We are currently having the same issues with Green Tree. I've filed a complaint with the FTC, the banking authority of my state, and also the Attorney General's office. They are claiming we owe our previous lender, BOA, a payment. However, we've proven, with statements from BOA, and also our bank, that we've paid every month, early. They refuse to acknowledge this and still are requesting we pay them. We've provided all the information that Green Tree has requested; we even call them every other day, during the week, and still, we keep being told, "I will look into it." We've been told that we need to submit our banking information to Green Tree with our account numbers, as well, which we will NOT do. Today, I was lied to by Vanessa Doubty, a representative for Green Tree. She stated we needed 2010 records, and now she's claiming that it's 2008, but earlier today, she told my husband it's 2009 statements. Once again, she said, "I will look into it." Like I stated, we pay our bills early, each month, and have the proof. I think they look for the stupid people, who will just pay it off, and they continue to get away with it. I, however, will not pay what I do not owe. No one should. Green Tree Servicing LLC is a fraudulent company.

• Mw
    MW Pourier May 31, 2011

My name is Myron W. Pourier, I am the Fifth Member of the Oglala Sioux Tribe, Tribal Council, of South Dakota. All Class Action Lawsuits should be directed to Francis Pumpkinseed at [email protected], this individual has started a Class Action Lawsuit against Green Tree, LLC...Mr. Pumpinseed has been asked by 12 familiies to litigate this law suit... Every thing I read on this webpage are basicly identical to the complaints filed by the 12 families. If your interested in joining this Class Action Lawsuit against Green Tree, LLC, Please contact me at [protected] or via email at [email protected]

• Os
    osu2011 May 17, 2011

We started out with National City Mortgage and then our loan was sold to Green Tree. We have had nothing but problems out of them. My husband is the loan owner and yet they get my new work number somehow and start harassing me at work, then tell me I am not allowed to make decisions or do anything with the account b/c my name isn' t on it! When we purchased our home with National City the agreement was the payment was due at the 1st but you have until the 15th and then the 16th it is considered late. The terms and conditions were not changed but on the 2nd of the month we start getting harassing phone calls and they even asked us to western union them the money a few months! We were late one month b/c my husband was laid off and his unemployment was held up, so when we did pay they held 2 of our payments b/c one of them was wrong but that was the figure they gave me that we owed and they then proceed to turn us in for foreclosure for being 2 months behind, in which they had the payments for but was sitting in the "unapplied funds account" and now we have to pay them $1200 for attortney fees for this! This company recently called our neighbors asking if they had heard or seen from us b/c they couldn't reach us just b/c it was the 5th of the month and we hadnt sent our payment in yet, which isnt due until the 15th technically! Green Tree needs to be taken to court! This is ridicolous!

• Cl
    claimjumper May 08, 2011

hmm. I guess ill add my two cents worh. My loan had originated with suntrust mrtg, never had a prob with them. Somehow Litton loans got my loan and i made the same payments to them as required on my statements, after a few months Litton lowered my loan payments and i continued to make the payment for the new amount as shown on the statement. Last april my payment went up by 1000 a month when calling litton they said they didnt collect enough for escrow, I really dont know how escrow got 4000 behind since my taxes are only 2100 a year on this property. In any case i made up what they say was the the amount that was behind. (dont worry im getting to greentree) I then started makin princeple and interest only and when time came to pay property taxe i paid that to the county by personal check . Well Its my understanding that Litton went bankrupt and now greentree enters the picture. As of jan 1st greentree was goin to be serviceing the loan, I called and told them of my dispute with Litton and there was 3100 dollars that i didnt owe, I continued to make princeple and interest payments to greentree as i didnt want them to apply funds to any dept that i didnt owe. Greentree now has a sale date on my house and i didnt find out till the 5th of may. They say I havent made a payment but have the cancelled checkss. Im contacting leagle councell monday with my records, not to keep my house, but to try to ensure that im not responsabel for the difference in the loan and what the house sells for. Its not that im trying to get out of anything, but im not going to bow to extortion of these people

• Ke
    Keltlady May 02, 2011

Countrywide Mortgages sold our mtg to Bank of the Mafia, I mean Bank of America. But 1st it was sold to Country wide Mtgs by the TurboTax Mtgs. Then the 2nd part of the mtg was sold to Green Tree Lending svcs by B of A.
    I am reading all these stories and pray that there is a special place in "hell" for these mtg lending people and that all of your stories of true and not exaggerated. Most sound true. I would like to get it refinanced by another local bank but can't afford the paper fees. Same for both mtgs. We have had a home before and Turbotax treated us like we were criminals anyway, in the beginning. We have always made out pymts on time, etc., etc. My husband and I are both veterans, but he has PTSD really bad so we have had our problems that way, but always made our pymts.
    Turbotax wouldn't even acknowledge the VA loan, supporting the down pymnt; they said they wouldn't take it...the crumbbums. These banks or lending companies that use these lending practices are pure evil.
    I hope everything works out for you people and try to remember to say a prayer for y'all.

• Ro
    Robingen Apr 30, 2011

I am dead serious about taking down green tree servicing. If someone is trying to do a class action suit against them, I'm in. Our manufactured home mortgage was given to them a few years ago and we have been harassed everyday since. We went through some very hard times and are now trying to get caught up. I was behind 715.00 this month so I gave them all I could which was 700.00. I pay by mail because I don't believe I should have to pay an extra 12.00 for using my own account over the phone. I just received a Notice of receipt of partial payment from them. It states that they have already taken necessary steps to gain possession of the creditors collateral unless they receive 15.00. I can't believe this! I don't know if I should take this as a threat or if they really are taking action against me. I have spoken to very rude employees from Green Tree that treat you like your a criminal. All they seem to want is your account information so they can take out a payment on a certain day and charge you 12.00 extra. When I informed them that I only mail my payments and do not have an account. The women I spoke to said " You expect me to believe you don't have an account of any kind." She continued to say, " What about a friend or family members account?' Like I'm going to give them someone else's account information for my payment. They hate to wait the 4 days it takes to get my payment and can't charge me extra to use my own money. I get calls all day from a Cassandra from Green Tree. I am hoping to catch up to be able to refinance my home and get it away from them, But i have heard horror stories about them telling people that they have to stay with them till the debt is paid off and refusing banks refinancing offers. This needs to end! We need to stop complaining and do something about Green Tree. I don't have experience with any law suit practices and don't know where to began but if more people are wanting to stop green tree or be compensated for their unfair predatory practices, we need to ban together. [email protected]

• St
    stressednaz Apr 24, 2011

We are having to deal with these vultures...my husband is the original buyer but GreenTree calls me at work and they harass me if we are one day behind on our payment. When I tell them that I have nothing to do with this loan and that they have no right to harass me I am told someone has to be contacted and since they cannot contact my husband I am the next person. I am so stressed out by our ridiculous contract and I am sick and tired of being told that there is really nothing to do because our mobile home is parked on the Navajo Reservation. Something does in deed need to be done about Green Tree!!! H**k with them!

• Pa
    Paul Ensign Apr 20, 2011

I would be more than happy to participate in a class action suit againt GreenTree. I have my own horror stories but I digress. If there is someone putting together a class action against them count me in. I can be contacted at [email protected] ask for Paul.
    They have ruined my credit and harass us day and night. I want in on suing those bastages.

• Pa
    Paul Ensign Apr 20, 2011

If anyone is going through with a class action against Green Tree contact me as well. They constantly harass me and my family, harass me at work, and have ripped me off in penalties. I have been "up to date" and been sent letters that they are going to kick me out of my home. I have had them say they have not recieved a payment while looking at the check cashed by them that they said they never received. I would be happy to join in a class action suit against Green Tree. I can be reached at [email protected] Ask for Paul.

• Tr
    triarri Apr 01, 2011

I would love to join everyone in that class action lawsuit against Green Tree Servicing. I bought a condo back in 2006 and had to sell it after my job was terminated while I was deployed to Iraq in 2009. The loan started with UAMC, then BOA, than Green Tree. UAMC puit me on two loans so I could get a no money down loan instead of letting me use my GI Bill. Green Tree agreed to accept a portion of the sale as it was a short sale due to the mortgage meltdown. I could not refinance and rent because the property values had dropped. Green Tree released the mortgage but refused to release the note. if I had gone to foreclosure they would have received nothing. Is there a lawsuit in the works? If so who could tell me who to contact about it? My email is [email protected] Thank you.

• Br
    BrendaWard Mar 30, 2011

count me in on class action lawsuit. I am in the same boat. email me [email protected]