Having problems with Green Dot?

Green Dot reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 9, 2008. The latest review Lockcard was posted on May 10, 2021. The latest complaint moneypak card was resolved on Aug 27, 2018. Green Dot has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 671 reviews. Green Dot has resolved 134 complaints.

Green Dot Customer Service Contacts

3465 E Foothill Blvd.
Pasadena, California
United States - 91107-6071
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 5100, Pasadena, CA 91117

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Green Dot Customer Service. Initial Green Dot complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Green Dot above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Green Dot. Discuss the issues you have had with Green Dot and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Green Dot Complaints & Reviews

Feb 17, 2021

Green Dot — Unlimited prepaid card

Since 2015 I have held a GreenDot prepaid card without an issue. It was January 6, 2021 when my nightmare...

Green DotThey keep denying my claim when it is fraud

My stimulas was deposited into my account on december 31 were deposited into my account one on someone got my money as soon as it hit my account my verification for my account information was sent to someone elses gmail address I dont know how this happened but I did not do it I did not authorize this on december 31 for $530.00 and another again on january 4th for 506.00... I do not understand why they have not refunded my money... I did not due this and I need my money back this is crazy they havent even called me back or emailed me anything I have contacted green dot multiple times waiting for hours and hours to talk to someone to get some one that barly spoke english and didnt understand me and filed my disbute 3or 4 times to get denied and hung up on if this is not taking care of im sueing greendot and going to the bbb better business berau and calling fraud on green dot this is fraud and I did not due this I want my money back now please

Green DotCard purchased at walmart

My disabled brother bought 2 cards from Walmart with his stimulus check, Card [protected], CVC776 and Card #[protected], CVC946. He could not activate by his phone, so I (his sister) registered them online. It said registered successfully and ready to use in 30 minutes on 1-24-21, but he has been unable to use them. I am unable to reach anyone by phone, email, chat. Very frustrating and starting to think you are a scam! His name in Jim Peery, phone # [protected]. My contact is Pamela Vaziripour [protected]. Please help!

Green DotCard blocked

I loaded 400 onto the card and have not been able to use it. I provided a front and back copy of my ID as well as proof of residence and still get the run around from green dot representatives. I will not deal with green dot anymore and I will also spread the word on the customer service and poor service

Green DotGreendot Identity Verification when registering card

I purchased a greendot re-loadable debit card in order to pay my bills online due to Covid -19. I loaded $500 cash when I made my purchase then proceeded to register card to activate. Upon registration I verified my email and phone number. I then received the alert that my identification was unable to be verified and my card was limited to in person purchases only with restriction to use the mobile app. When I called the greendot number I was told there were no options that my card was locked with no ATM access, no online purchases access. This money was specifically for bill pay - which also is not an option now. I need you to manually verify my identity and unlock my card immediately please. I would have never loaded my cash to pay my bills on green dot if I had any idea that I would not have full access. Many offices are closed due to covid mandates and in person payments are not an option. Please assist and resolve this problem please.

Green Dotwal-mart credit card

I opened a checking account with credit card.I have $3, 300 in account.card was blocked.can not withdraw my money.have called several number.they just tell me call this number .have called 5 diffirent numbers without any resolutions.I would like my money.open account so i can with draw or send me a refund.i also called wal-mart they also gave me a different number to call.

• Ta
              Tanya Walls Feb 13, 2021

Similar experience just happened to me as well, stating that they were unable to verify when I registered my card it blocked all services except in person transactions.

Green DotCharged for a cancelled purchase/order

I purchased grocery items at Walmart.com from my local store on Feb 3, 2021 in the amount of $90.14.
            I was notified via text message the following day that my order had been cancelled and the money would be credited back to my account.
            As of today, Feb 9th, I am now being charged for an order that was not only cancelled, but for items I never received. I contacted the customer service number on the back of the card and was told that they cannot and will not credit the money back to my account. They are allowing the charge to go through and I could call back in a few days to dispute the charge.
            This money had already been credited back to my account the day the order was cancelled and now I'm again being charged for the order.
            They have also declined purchases to a merchant I have purchased from several times over the past year, claiming that there was "potential fraud" from the merchant and they would not be allowing charges from said merchant.
            I have been paying my internet bill with this card as well and in the past, the payment immediately went through. Since I am now having issues, the payment I made on my internet bill earlier today is still "pending" instead of going straight through.
            I shouldn't have to worry whether or not my bills are being paid when there are funds in my account

Green DotGreendot

Greendot took my money. I had to quickly get the greendot sevice so I could receive my decort deposit . My employee used quick books service to make a deposit . The routing number and account number I had was not the same as what my main account was because some how there was 2 acctive accounts one of which I had no idea about . The greendot customer service is a bunch of run around unprofessional liers .. I have all my documents and still got no where . With my funds my account still is blocked and now it's been over 7 mounts . With yet still no access to my funds .

Green DotReceiving a green dot debit card

Called customer service 3 times for a new card to be mailed to me. Each time its in the mail; waiting 6 month of complaints to green dot, still no card

Its been very unsuccessful, I cant log into my account since I do not have the debit card to reset my password, it requires the 16 digit number on the card.
                Since I don't have the card in the first place, I cant reset password, theirs money in this account that I can not access, the card that i'm inquiring about looks like the image provided

Green DotGreen dot card service

I have 2 accounts with Green dot. My direct deposit is sent to one account that I cannot find my debit card for so I order a new one. I even agree to pay extra to have it sent priority. A week goes by and nothing. I have 3 kids and not a dollar to my name. When I contact customer service they tell me that as of yesterday 1/28/2021 they just found out there is going to be a delay for the issuing of the debit cards. No date as of when and they have no possible way to transfer funds from one account to the other. The only option I have is to close my account and have them send me a check. This is outrageous and I need money to feed my children.

• Ry
                      Ryan11111 Jan 30, 2021

This EXACT thing happened to me. They keep telling me to wait another day andI paid for expedited shipping for no reason. So if you cancel the account, they will send you a check?

Green DotClosed greendot account

The following account number I no longer use ends in 2532 I believe that was a greendot card I used to have and was linked to my stimulus payment is there anyway I can have the stimulus payment reissued in a check or a eip mailed to the following address william richter 3610 johnson ave nw apt.4 cedar rapids iowa 52405 ive been waiting for my stimulus payment and still havent recieved it please I really need the money ok thanks? I would like a refund issued if I could please in the amount of $600.00 I would from now on please would like all refunds deposited under the following account and routing number ok thanks?

Account number-[protected]
                    Routing number-[protected]

Green DotBlocked Account

My account has been blocked since Jan 6th since a deposit was made from CO Unemployment. I submitted my drivers license and my document submitted was denied. So I submitted my drivers license again along with a copy of my social security card, 1099 and Unemployment determination.
                      Green Dot has opened up several cases all different numbers and have given several reasons for blocking my account such as fraud, unusual activity and inactivity.
                      The balance is over $8600 in my account. I was able to open up a Bank of America account with the same documents green dot is denying. I waited 27 weeks for my PUA benefit and now green dot is holding my funds unfairly and almost criminally.

Green DotAccount locked

My Green Dot account was locked In to have some transaction it
                        Routing# [protected]
                        Account # [protected]
                        Account name= Edward Parker

Account locked

Green DotCan't access my account

I can't access my account. It's been close to a week. When I enter my username and password I get "We are unable to complete the login request at this time. Please try again later. I've called several times and nobody has a clue what theyre doing. My name is Randy DeCarr Address 1222 Lenox Ave Utica NY 13502 Phone [protected]. Email. [protected]@protonmail.com

• Je
                              Jenna Turner Feb 08, 2021

Comments

Green Dotmy green dot card

I had a Walmart money card by green dot and a direct deposit came through on my card and then my card got blocked. I have money still in that account that I cant get off. I activated a green dot card and tried to get my other check deposited and when it came my card was blocked again.. and I cant receive my money.. this is a major problem that I need fixed I need my money I have bills that I have to pay asap and I cant because yall keep freezing my money

Green DotGreen dot will not release my tax advance money,stating a block or restriction but taking money off and can't access my account

Hi my name is Shane Meekie and I got this green dot card online for my husband and I well I just found it a couples days after he does and I had my direct deposit for my taxes to go on there.ok so it was deposited all 3, 371.00 dollars and know green dot say my account is blocked and or restricted, but money has been taken off and I can't get a live agent it said to upload an ive tried so many times it won't let me put my 16 digit numbers in so I had my sister to do it, and it said to do it again and again and again, I can't access my account .I'm homeless with 3 kids and my oldest daughter is pregnant I need my money, I just want my money back and to close the account with green dot they are not reliable they won't even answer the phone I was on hold for 4 hours at a time can u please help me .my number is [protected] I'm in St.louis missouri 63111 I can't even update my address which is 6404 Idaho Ave apt.1 at.louis, mo 63111 PLEASE HELP ME

Green Dotlost card with stimulus money on it and no way to contact a live representative, the automated system asks for the last 4 digits of the card!

I had an account with Green dot a number of years ago. The card is long lost. Green dots contact number asks for the last 4 digits of the lost card in order to proceed. I cannot get past that part of the automated system and speak to a live costumer service representative to get a new card or the 1200$ stimulus back. Turbo tax will not help either.

Green DotMy account was locked for no good reason

My greendot account was locked out for no reason and i have done all my verification i just receved my unemployment money on it and that same day i was locked out and have not been able to access my money nothing has been working at all i click on the link where they say i should put my ID card but nothing good happens after i click it nothing shows up at all its so annoying and frustrating been 7 days now

Janie d Autrey Jan 28, 2021

Same happened to me from COLORADO ON JAN 6TH

Green DotMy old greendot account been locked

I felt so bad been locked out of my Greendot bank with my cash in bank . That's the only way of surviving for me especially someone like me that didn't have any other account then surviving on this Greendot and right now I have been locked out totally I get so bad I hope you can help remove the block on the account I submitted my ID for verification couple times and yet nothing was done on my account my bank card is [protected]

• Updated by Ralph Mathew Dawson · Jan 17, 2021

I wish there’s proper review of documents after couple of attempt to remove the Lock off my account That’s my main bank

• Updated by Ralph Mathew Dawson · Jan 17, 2021

I still have $60 in bank and the account get locked it’s sad. Have been using this same account for almost two years now and within couple weeks there’s been a total loss on it I have been locked out I need this to be reviewed and have my account unlocked

• He
                                        Henry James II Jan 20, 2021

I have a friend working with greendot, I can forward your case to help you out if you don’t mind

Green DotBlocked Account

My greendot account has been blocked and i have funds that was deposited there, its been blocked going almost 4 months ive been calling and calling but yet no one has answered, what do i do now? I have mouths to feed in this pandemic! This issue has occurred to many multiple times, I havent did anything for green dot to be flagging my account, please help me resolve!