Great Clipsterrible place to work

N

they work you like a dog, with little or no breaks, having to do all the 5 steps from the time you check them in, to the time you check them out, and all within 13 to 17 minutes, you Never get your vacation when you want it, the pay is just at minimum wage or a few cents over, work you 6 days a week, and they way it falls, you get NO overtime, they schedule you for 38 hours, but then end up sending you home early everyday, where you only get about 30 hours a week or less, they make you put these stupid car toppers on your own personal vehicle during their haircut sales, make you drive out of your way to banks for change, without very little compensation for gas and wear and tare on your own car, they send you to other stores to work only a few hours, and there again, no gas mileage. and if you don't fit in with the clicks of the manager and her friends, then they find other ways to make it harder on you so you'lll quit, (this company finds ways to NOT pay unemployment, ) so they will keep cutting your hours if they don't want you there so you're FORCED to quit and hope to find another job. so the next time, YOU GO TO A GREAT CLIPS, THINk about these poor girls that get treatede like ###, so the money hungry franchissee owner gets richer and richer from your reasons to get a CHEAP haircut!

• Do
    DoublDelightx20 Apr 20, 2012

I agree!!! GC treats you like ### and when you have customers that is rude to you the managers defend them. Where I was working at they do not want you to clean your station along with two other cleaning duties while you are on the clock. You have to do those things off the clock. They pay you minimum wages. Assistant managers are the worst. They lied to you so much. They treat you like dirt.You do not want to leave your license there. They may misplaced it and cannot find it for few days. They tell you to get your tools from places like Sally's then tell you that your tools is not "worthy." Favoristism is strongly noticeable. The work environment is horrible. You are not guaranteed your hours and things goes downhill after couple of weeks. The more I improved the less hours I recieved. When people get their checks I do not have mine until a week later. Thank God I am no longer an employee at Great Clips. I will NEVER recommend anyone of any states to work for GC.

• Jm
    JM09 Sep 15, 2011

I agree!!! I just put my notice in 3 weeks ago and boy am I glad to be gone. I never in my life seen a solon so unprofessional and CHEAP! I was sooo unhappy there. My manager at Chesterfield VA (Diane) is the most worst, unprofessionaland lying manager ever I ever had!!! She would tell you she wouldnt tell anyone your issues or ect. and next thing ya know every employee knew and a few clients. I was suppose to have 20-28 hrs a week and she never would schedule me more 15 hrs. Cuz she wanted the extra hrs for herself is what it was, cuz all she do is complain to staff and clients about her life and ways of having to live it with her daughter and handi-cap grand kids. Plenty of clients dont come when Diane is there or have complain about not wanting to hear Dianes life story. They would get mad at me for using a new towel for each client. They said too much laundry and they use the same towel on clients until there shift is over. They would only change their barbiside jars once a month or every other month and doesnt clean their brushes, shampoo bowl, bathrooms like they should. They have 1 pair of yellow cleaning gloves that they've had for yrs and dozens of hands been in them. They never sanitize or washed their hands between clients. Stylists are under appreciated by clients and employers!!! Especially Great clips!!!

• Ne
    NEVER WORK AT GREAT CLIPS AGAIN May 04, 2011

That was too funny, wish I had the money to open one. I would name it.. We fix your hair cut and styles!

• Po
    pobarjenkins May 02, 2011

A lot of jobs are tough.