Grand Canyon University [GCU] Logo

Grand Canyon University [GCU]

Having problems with Grand Canyon University [GCU]?

+1 855 428 5673 (Customer Service)
+1 877 428 8447 (Technical Support)
+1 602 639 6244 (Student Life)
3300 W Camelback Rd

27th Avenue Office
5115 N. 27th Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85017

Complaints & Reviews

Grand Canyon University — transfer credits - scam

Going back to school was a large step for me financially. I have 2 children that are college students. I...

Grand Canyon Universityfinancial aid lack of full disclosure

I transferred to Grand Canyon University a month ago. They offered high hopes with lower tuition costs, free money for books, and keep my grades where they were, and I would receive scholarship money. I went for it expecting great things as I had wanted to attend there for years since my dad and friends had either worked there or attended in the past.

Instead, what I have found is I have had to do all the work. I literally had to pay to have my transcripts overnighted from a previous school because they dragged there feet in sending a request to the school. I had no problems previously with this school, so not sure what is or was going on there. Next, financial aid, the girl I have been assigned knows little to nothing about financial aid. For example, with my credits I am a junior, she had to ask my academic counselor what that meant. Then on a recent email, she meant to email my admissions counselor and instead emailed me. What she wrote was totally unprofessional and then my admissions counselor wants to know why I won't speak to her?

Last but not least, the real kicker is the lack of full disclosure I am in the fifth week of class. After my admissions rep tells me how I should and shouldn't feel towards my aid, he tells me I will not be receiving any aid until I start my second class. What? This was never disclosed to me at any time by anyone, including himself nor the girl in financial aid. I have been asking for weeks and been told the standard answer. It will be two weeks after there is a refund/credit on your account. If I had been told this information, I would have never have transferred and would have stayed where I was. Even if I was paying more, I knew what to expect and would have been receiving a better education. Grand Canyon has copied all of U of Phoenix in the way they run their education from the way they recruit, their Financial Aid, the way their online classroom crashes at least 4 times a day, to the lack of quality education. I believe I am one class and done at this point. The grass isn't greener at Grand Canyon.

• GCUStudentResolutions Aug 09, 2010

ekophxstudent:

Please contact me directly and I will see that your situation is addressed promptly. I apologize for any problems you have encountered to date.
      Sincerely,
      Robyn Itule
      Social Media Strategist
      [protected]

• Ek
      ekophxstudent Aug 16, 2010

Today, I want to update my complaint. I never thought in posting a complaint anyone would read, respond, or for that matter be able to help me resolve my issues with this school. With the help of Robyn, Carrie and my Academic Counselor Geneva who is the best person at Grand Canyon University bar none, were able to get me back on track towards my education today.

First, I would recommend anyone going to any school to learn from my experience to explore all of your options in picking the right degree program. What I learned was that the program I had chosen did not allow all of my credits to be transferred after all. My enrollment counselor Zach K. of course told they would, but they didn't and so this caused a snowball effect of mistrust on my part, which will not be easily place again. Robyn though with Grand Canyon contacted me and put me in touch with Carrie in the Resolution Department there and she found another program as a possible solution. By working with my Academic Advisor Geneva we were able today to finally get me into the right program. What is funny is this is actually the right fit for me and if I wouldn't have had the frustration and the mistrust, I would not have found it in the first place. So was it worth it? Time will tell for sure, but my education is worth the price for me because this is a goal that is long over due even in today's sagging economy.

Would I recommend Grand Canyon University? Yes I would based on the merits of how they can resolve a problem if one arises, which I believe shows more character then the glitz of any new buildings going up on campus. Just my opinion.

• Ek
      ekophxstudent Aug 16, 2010

PS. This may not change how I felt in my original complaint about the Financial Aid or Admission Department, but I believe as a student or potential student, knowing the right questions is important to ask as well.

• GCUStudentResolutions Aug 16, 2010

Ekophxstudent:

I'm so glad everything worked out for the best!

Robyn

GCU — NO REFUND CHECK

Have yet to receive my refund check from GCU. They sent me a partial check but still have not received the...

Grand Canyon University — communication & support

My wife has been having issues with the lack of communication from GCU staff that has resulted in her...

Grand Canyon Universitypoor educational experience

Avoid Grand Canyon University (GCU). Mormons now run the University and it is extremely strict and limits dialogue amount students. Unconventional thinking is prohibited. Course Facilitators do not have teaching certificates. Expenses are extremely high and courses lack educated students to communicate with.
    AVOID AT ALL COSTS. Dont let them sell you on them.

• Jt
        jtgcu2011 Oct 26, 2011

Make sure to file your complaint with the Better Business Bureau (BBB serving Central, Northern and Western Arizona):

Grand Canyon Universitydangereous and criminal staff

this school is not a christian's school this is a groupe of criminal called staff you will never have any thing resolved they are taking care of the situation by thenself still indentity they will transfere you to their co-worker who will play the dean or director they will ripp-you off your money do you know about dont tell this is their bible if you have a chance to talk too an associe dean he will not resolve the problem he will have one af the mafia member called you and they will asked you why did you called the DEAN and they will make your life miserable beleive me you will failed they will do it for your they are criminal

Professor G. Aug 06, 2010

I am appalled by the last comment. I received my MBA in Leadership from the Ken Blanchard School of Business of Grand Canyon University in May of 2007. I was hired as a full-time college instructor within days of completing the program. I am the envy of my peers. I learned a great deal at this fine institution. Ken Blanchard is a well known God fearing man who is not ashamed to own up to his Christian principles. He has written and/or co-authored several books including the One Minute series and Lead Like Jesus.

When I needed assistance, I contacted a dean, Dr. Kathy Player. She is not a mafia hit woman. She is an extreme professional who believes so much in Grand Canyon University that she enrolled in the MBA program, even after having a Ph.D. She was very helpful to me, and she really showed that she cares about the students.

I can tell by this poorly written complaint, that the author is uneducated and inarticulate. The complaint looks like a text message. I must consider the source here. Besmirching the reputation of a great university because of a bad personal experience, or the inability to perform at a college level, is uncalled for. I am sending my daughter to GCU for her master's degree as well. I stand by this school and the excellence that it represents.

• Pa
          papouti1 Sep 12, 2010

Do not judge and you will not be judged. How do you call a person who speaks his or her experiences uneducated? Something, that they feel or have experienced. It is a real situation that they've gone through. Just as you can be perceived as a poor minded uneducated indivudual. So, your daugher goes to GCU not like its Harvard. And the way you are braging makes me wonder how much education you have. If I were to discuss my level of education and work ethic you probably couldn't compete. I speak four languages which english is not my first. I will not discuss my level of education with you I know it would be difficult for a person like you to understand.

As far as Christianity goes, if people who say they are true Christians read the bible followed Jesus and did not fear God(God is loving, how can someone who is loving be feared) the world would be a better place. Don't use the Lord to harbor your ignorance just as this school who says they have Christian values have alot of employees who are not Christians nor are they Christian like. As a true christian, I have to say I have to pray for you and yours alike. Because, it is only God that can judge..

Professor G. Sep 12, 2010

Wow! That hurt. Sorry if I offended you. I was just expressiong my opinion. Don't take things so personal. We are all entitled to our opinions. Aren't we?

• 4b
          4boyzmom Feb 09, 2011

I don't want to get too much into your discussion but I earned my Masters at GCU and now I'm trying to earn my Doctorate. Well I have emailed Dr. Player several times to assist in resolving my issues as well as my husband who is also a student who was suppose to graduate in June 2010. She didn't help she passed the buck to her lower people, who did nothing but a temporary fix. Well now he is not because they suddenly found that he is short 6 credits and he is at his aggregrate limit for his Bachelor degree. This is kind of strange because the very same thing just happened to me at the beginning of January. Professor G, it sounded more like you were taking cheap shops instead of trying to help resolve the issue. When I read the above comment I saw that it was someone who is upset, if they have had this experience then it means they went to the same school you and I did so they must be educated, right? Where is your loyalty for your degree, Professor G.? I am still trying to address my concerns with GCU before I really start to post on this site. I'm in the last classes of my degree and trying to work on my dissertation (it is very hard when you are worried about academic scheduling problems as well financial aid problems). So since the Professor has all the answers as to who to go to for help, give them to me. Papouti1, keep your chin up and don't let know it all people dispurse their opinions when they have no ideas of a bad experience. My husband has a funny saying, "Don't get in a battle of wits with an unarmed person!" :)

• GCUStudentResolutions Feb 16, 2011

Hi 4boysmom,

I'd really like to assist you in finding a resolution to your situation by connecting you with the right parties. Could you please reach out to me directly and I will be happy to do all can to help.

I can be reached at robyn.[protected]@gcu.edu or [protected]@gcu.edu.

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to me!

Robyn Itule
          Social Media Strategist
          Robyn.[protected]@gcu.edu
          [protected]

Professor G. Feb 27, 2011

Robyn:

Thanks for your offer to help in this situation. Your offer reminds me of my experience at GCU.

To all who follow this complaint:
          I have expressed my opinion and been sensitive to those of others when accused of crossing the line. I understand what it is like to receive poor service. I just think it is a shame to disparage the reputation of an entire university because of a bad personal experience. I think that, down the road, we will all benefit from not discrediting the institution where we are getting our degrees. I received a great education at GCU. I have an investment in time and money there too. So, it's quite natural for one to get a little sensitive when his alma mater's reputation is attacked.

That said, I truly hope that the situations work out for 4boysmom and anyone else having problems here. It would be a shame for you to waste you time an money, and not get a degree.

Professor G

Grand Canyon Universityonline masters students beware!

I spoke with an online admission counselor in early 2009 and expressed my desire to earn a Masters in Elementary Education. He told me that there were a few hours of student teaching near the end and that I would easily be able to work full time and complete the degree.

I started the program, on 100% financial aid, and completed three classes with a 4.0 GPA. When the 4th class was to begin, I looked at the requirements and it was hardly a few hours of student teaching! Starting with that 4th class, it was 150 hours to complete the degree. This time I called my academic counselor BEFORE the class began and asked about it. He told me it was no big deal, that I could just go observe a class. So, I started the class and discovered that it was hardly just "observing" a class. I had to work with the teacher. Impossible to do since I work full-time! I dropped the class the second day and was charged a 25% penalty.

I filed an appeal with GCU, asking for credit for the 3 classes I completed to be applied to a different degree and to waive the 25% drop class fee. Today, after 2 months, I received a complete denial from the Appeals Board. I am seeking legal counsel as I now am $20, 000 in debt for no reason.

Anyone seriously considering an online program with this s0-called Christian University should look elsewhere. The commissioned "sales" counselors will say anything to get you to sign up.

• Tb
            TBAllen May 01, 2010

I couldn't agree more. I'm still enrolled at GCU. They haven't even posted our financial aid packages for the [protected] school year and it's May!!! They said it may not be until the end of the summer. Well, I need the financial aid for the summer! The financial aid counselor told me that I'm not allowed to use student loan money for living expenses. I told her that was ridiculous- that you can use the money to support yourself while you're in school. She adamantly disagreed with me - clearly she didn't know what she was talking about. They keep changing my financial aid counselors. The one I have now NEVER calls back or returns my emails. I call and call and, after spending much time online, still can't get answers to my questions. I'm almost done with my program so it would be foolish to change schools now. I'm so frustrated but I don't know what else I can do.

One more thing- I just realized that they charge for e-books. I thought the whole point of e-books was that they were convenient and free. I guess I can see why they cost money - copyright laws and all - but they most certainly should have made this clear to me. There's no transparency. I would never recommend this school to anyone!!!

• Jj
            J J J May 26, 2010

The same thing happened to me, only in another field of study. I was told no clinical hours are required. Instead, you will do a community project that is pretty intense. Lies. There is a practicum and the recruiter knew that I was looking for an online program that did not have practicums included (because they do exist). They lie to you to get you to sign up and oh my gosh, are they ever available to get you in. Once you're in, you're dropped like a hot potato and good luck with financial aid.
            It is a nightmare school and I have let everyone I know in Phoenix know about this poisonous deceptive inapt want to be college.

• Fa
            falcon61 Nov 01, 2010

Hey I completely agree, ive had a similar experience with GCU. I am seeking legal action against them. Anyone who would like to join and make a case against them please get back to me.

Grand Canyon University — on line mba programs

It is not worth the tuition price . I know because I just finished my online MBA program at GCU. If you have...

Grand Canyon Universityfinancial aide

I was awarded financial aide that should have covered my costs of both summer session classes as well as my final class in Sept. 2009. I was sent my financial aide refund as always once my account was supposedly paid in full, then sent my military scholarship refund. I was then charged for my last class. 1100.00$ in financial aide awarded to me was sent back. My account has been sent to collections and is now soon close to affect my credit. If anyone has any advise as to how to help I would greatly appreciate it.

Crazy in Georgia

• Bi
              Bill Jenkins Feb 24, 2010

Laura:
              Please contact me direct and I will see your situation is addressed promptly. I apologize for any problems you have encountered to date.
              Cordially,
              Bill Jenkins
              Executive Director, Institutional Advancement
              602.315.5566

• Tl
              tlynch Jun 09, 2010

I am very disappointed with Grand Canyon University's financial aide system. I started a new quarter on April 29, 2010 and I have not received my refund from my financial aid yet. I have had this problem once before but, they lost my refund last quarter and blamed it on the mail man. It finally dawned on me that my refund was probably never mailed. However, this quarter I've been calling every week and my financial aid counselor is never available and when I do get someone on the line I get the run around and no one will give me a straight answer. I thought GCU was a christian school but, I see they are not. I feel like they are trying to steal from their students. This is very unprofessional and I've never attended a school with so many complaints. I wish I would have known this before attending GCU. I just want my refund because I have to pay this money back when I finish school and Grand Canyon could care less. I also called the FASA office about my situation last quarter and they stated it was nothing they could do. We need some justice done because GCU sucks!!!

• Bi
              Bill Jenkins Jun 09, 2010

T Lynch:
              Please send me your contact information and I will attempt to get this issue resolved for you today. I apologize for the problems you have encountered.
              Sincerely,
              Bill Jenkins
              Executive Director, Institutional Advancement
              Phoenix, AZ 85017
              602.315.5566

dru34 Jun 22, 2010

I have had the worst time with GCU's financial aid department. As a military member, I am irrate. GCU's financial aid department doesnt care about students, only money. My class started on April 29, 2010 and I still have not received my refund. Everytime, I speak to my military financial rep. (kyle) I get the run-around. He will tell me one thing and make empty promises. Then when the deadline has passed, I can call in and speak to another financial counselor, who knows nothing of my case and will tell me a complete different story. My money finally came in on June 7th. I was told they only had up to 14 days by federal law to hold my money, which would give them until June 21st to mail it out. Guess what? It still didnt get mailed out and its June 22 after the so called federal deadline. Therefore, I called in and spoke to another rep. Guess what she did? She blamed it on the accounting department. She apparantly told me that they havent completly completed my account. Are you kidding me? Its been 2+weeks since they got their money, but I still dont have mine. I dont know where to turn, because no one seems to care about students at GCU only funds. This has got to be the worst experience ever. They keep passing the buck from one department to the next and now I am being told it can take up to one more week for the accounting department to correct my account. How pathetic is this department. NO ONE CARES AND NO ONE WILL HELP YOU OUT! THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT GETTING THEIR MONEY! whats funny is that its not their money, its mine and I dont even get to have it, GCU controls when I can get it. Please dont go to an online school, because they can give a D**n about you, especially if you are from another state, because they know you arent about to drive there to confront them. They control everything you do and even your money. I have even had problems academically, not from grades, but because they changed the curriculum and I have to take 39 hrs for a 36 hr. degree. Thats right, I lose GCU wins! Apparantly, when they changed, I took classes that are required for the degree anymore, but I had to take them under the old curriculum guide. So its not just financial there, its the whole school. Please stay away from this school. Go to a real school, somewhere, who really gives a D**N about their students. I dont expect anything to come of this post but at least it may keep some other student from making the poor choice I did!

dru34 Jun 22, 2010

I will say my comments are true about GCU, however, Mr. Jenkins, does generally care and does attempt to help everyone out in every issue. Sometimes it takes that one person to make a wrong a right! Mr. Jenkins, seems to be that man!

dru34 Jun 23, 2010

Mr. Jenkins and Carrie have resolved my issue. My problem with GCU was true, however, it is now taken care of. I would recommend someone to go to this school. I was very frustrated with my problem and wanted resolution and they took care of the issue. GCU is like other schools, they have some problems and have some people who dont care and some that do. Its just finding that one person who cares and wants to help out. I am glad that Mr. Jenkins does respond and does help with resolving issues at GCU. Overall, I will say that I have had a good time in the classes and have learned alot. The only problem I had with the classes is the changing of the curriculum guide, but that effected thousands, not just me, so that is a global problem and not individual. Thank you again Mr. Jenkins and Carrie.

• Go
              Gonewiththe wind Aug 05, 2011

Dealing with the people at GCU is like dealing with a bunch of idiots. They are unable to be professional because they are not properly trained. This school should not broadcast that they are a Christian school because a bunch of devils run the joint. If you are having a financial aid problem, contact the Omsbudman Office on FAFSA Website.

• Ep
              EPRATER Sep 19, 2011

I HAVE HAD THE WORST FINANCIAL AID LUCK WITH GCU. EVERY SEMESTER I AM AWARDED MONEY AND THEN HAVE TO PAY IT BACK. NO ONE EVER GIVES ME CORRECT INFORMATION. I PAY THIS SCHOOL WAY TOO MUCH MONEY TO HAVE TO KEEP GOING THROUGH THE SAME DRAMA. LAURA LYNCH HAS HELPED ME OUT, BUT MY END RESULT KEEPS BEING GIVING THE SCHOOL BACK MONEY. IW ILL NOT SUGGEST THIS SCHOOLL TO ANYONE. ALL I EVER GET IS "I APOLOGIZE FOR YOU GETTING THE WRONG INFORMATION". THE APOLOGIES HAVE RAN OUT FOR ME. GCU NEEDS TO TAKE THE FALL FOR ALL OF THE WRONG INFORMATION I KEEP GETTING. I CAN HAVE A CLEAN ACCOUNT ONE DAY AND THE NEXT DAY IT SAYS I OWE OVER $2000.00. THIS KEEPS HAPPENING AND I REALLY WANT GCU TO FIX IT.

Sassybks Nov 03, 2011

I am too disappointed with Grand Canyon University finacial aid as well as the instructors. You would think that if you are reaching out to your instructor they would contact you. I have been reaching out for my instructor to contact me and you would think for 1800 dollars they would. The finacial aid department feel as if they can work on there on time with your money. When you call them to ask about your stipend they have an attitude like it belongs to them. My finacial aid has been delayed being sent to me for a whole month do you think Grand Canyon cares No. They still say it is a process but it wasn't a process when you collected your money. I will not be attending the next school year with them and I will not refer no one to their school.

Grand Canyon University — failing grade and a organization that is built on lies

I have filed a complaint with the Attorney General and attempted to get a lawyer to address the issues that I...

Grand Canyon University — lack of communication

I enrolled at the Grand Canyon University in 2009, I am a school teacher and have completed 2 Masters degree...

Grand Canyon University Onlineshabby treatment by customer service

I've been a student at this so called online university for two years. I have a 3.9 GPU. I cannot get my advisors (academic and financial) to answer the calls I place to them. The financial counselor was supposed to have set up a book loan for me on December 22, 2009 but there is no record of it in the bookstore. The people there are very unresponsive and do not return calls. They now have in debt for tens of thousands of dollars and I'm wondering if the degree I get will be worth the paper it's written one! Unless the book loan goes through soon I will be faced with starting a class without the textbook. Are these people just crooks or what?
            John Miller

• Je
                Jeremy1977 Jan 04, 2010

I am a student there and have had no problems. My counselor and everyone I have talked to or dealt with has been extremely helpful. FYI, this is a real "boots on the ground" school whose campus is located in Phoenix, Arizona. As a matter of fact, they just started up a football program. I don't see how you can be a student for 2 years and not have contact with anyone. Sounds fishy to me. Last thing, they are regionally accredited, which, in case you don't know, is the best you can get.

• 1t
                1time Jan 08, 2010

I too have been an online student at GCU for some time. I have had a couple of small issues with accounting and such but nothing I was not able to get worked out. I am quite pleased with my education overall and can tell you as a resident of Phoenix that GCU is as much a "real" school as any. If we're talking about athletics (as the previous post mentioned football), I think there are actually 18 sports teams as well as other events, a student union, housing, and not enough parking spots. Everything you'd expect at a University. My suggestion, escalate the issue to a manager. I bet it gets taken care of then. If that doesn't work, try a book rental service like Chegg.com. It's cheaper than buying new books anyhow.

• Bl
                blknstrong May 18, 2010

I am a online student at Grand Canyon University, and I have had plenty of issues with the university, however the ground students have access to their financial advisers, and the book store. The online students have to call a call center that is is Tempe or Peoria to reach their financial advisers and they never return your calls, and you have to wait on the phone for many hours to resolve any issues if they get resolved. Lucky me I only live fie hours from the university and I had to drive there to speak to the Office of The President to resolve my issues concerning the lack of communication and poor customer service issues. I am still enrolled at the university it is a great institution to receive an education but the online students suffer more than the ground students.

• Sh
                sheila giordano Mar 20, 2016

I have had several issues with professors being unprofessional and down right harassing (even openly calling students liars). I cannot learn in such a hostile environment and they refuse to change my class and want me to pay for another class-even though it's their employees that are harassing students!

Grand Canyon Universityadmissions counselor

I submitted my enrollment information for Grand Canyon University's (GCU) Masters in Leadership program on November 28, 2009. I attended the school approximately two years before, but withdrew to take a break. Since I am now ready to start again, I was expecting the same quality service I received the first time around. Boy, was I wrong!

Since I hadn't heard anything from GCU, I called on December 16, 2009 to find out my enrollment status. The operator who answered asked what I needed, I let him know I hadn't heard anything about my enrollment and it had been three weeks, and he says, "So, do you need your academic counselor or your financial aid counselor?" I answered academic and questioned if it would be the same academic counselor I had previously. It wasn't, but he told me my new counselors name was Shannon and he would transfer me. I got the "voicemail before the voicemail" saying that she wasn't available, that if I would like to leave a message, stay on the line or if I would like to speak to another advisor to press "2." I pressed "2" since I'm suppose to start school in three weeks and would really like to get this taken care of. Well, that was a mistake. I was on hold for OVER 15 MINUTES waiting to speak with someone. I finally had to hang up and decided I would call back at a later time that day.

The second call that day, I decided I would leave my counselor a message thinking I would hear back quickly. Here is what her voicemail recording states: Hi, you've reached Shannon, Academic Counselor for Grand Canyon University. Today is December 15th ("Uh, no, it's the 16th, " I'm thinking) and I am out of the office. I do not know when I will return. Please leave a message and I will return your call at a later date." Okay. So, I started thinking that maybe something happened to someone in her family and she had to leave right away. I typically give people the benefit of the doubt and figured it must have been a rush situation. So, I did not leave a message and decided again to call and see if I could get a hold of another counselor. This time, I waited 10 minutes before I hung up.

Now, here we are, December 21st. I checked the GCU site to see the status of my enrollment. It says "Pending - a counselor will contact you shortly." I doubt that. So, I just called again, got an operator who I told my story to and then her response? "Hold on." She transferred me to THE SAME counselors voicemail! So, I press "2" again, ready to wait an insane amount of time to speak to someone and what happens? Here's what I heard, "We are currently experiencing technical difficulties and can not transfer to a different counselor. Please call back and leave a message with your counselor."

I think I'll start looking at other schools now.

• Al
                  ALLEN SCHOOL IS A SCAM Jan 02, 2010

I worked there. They are a mess. You should look into South University. They are also a school (except they have six ground campus locations), also regionally accredited and offer MSL 100% online w/Title IV funding, too. Good luck!

• Jt
                  jtgcu2011 Oct 26, 2011

Grand Canyon Universityripoff - avoid gcu!!!

This "university" is a total rip-off. My husband applied to go back to college in august. We applied for financial aid. We had a few questions so we contacted financial aid department. What a joke! You email, call and fax and no response. After four months, they have no idea why the financial aid has not been processed. Ok now if they have no idea why it has not been processed how am I suppose to to know. They are the worse bunch of financial aid counselors I have ever met. They do absolutely nothing they are the biggest joke. And they says they are "christians' but they do not stand behind their words at all. When I went to college several years ago, I called financial aid if I had a question they answered my questions, I filled out the forms and I got financial aid what a novel concept! Well, it is interesting how they could not figure out what could be causing the problems but they can send us bill. Great! We have a bill we can't afford to pay guess why? Oh yeah, the financial aid department was actually suppose to process our financial aid paperwork and actually get us financial aid to cover the cost of the invoice they sent. Please do yourself a favor avoid this school at all cost!

Grand Canyon University — extreme drop fees

I am a widow of a service connected veteran who wanted to complete my BA online. I was enrolled for two day...

Grand Canyon University — finacial aid/grades ripoff

In March 2009 less than one week into my class Angel, the portion students use to do their homework, wa...

Grand Canyon University — financial aid

I can certainly relate to difficulties with Grand Canyon University Financial Aid. My "Finance Counselor"...

Grand Canyon University Onlinestudent loan refunds

Last winter asked if I could change my degree program from "Pastoral Ministry" to "Addiction Counselor" they my counselor said yes but that it would cost $25. Approximately two months later I got a call from my financial counselor that I owed the school an amount in excess of $2500! I finally got them to reverse it but they still (after much adieu) that I would receive only $900 in my refund this year for books and incidentals. Now even that $900 has not arrived though they claim they mailed in on June 12, 2009. I was afraid that perhaps the envelope had been stolen from my mailbox so I filed a complaint with the USPS. The school says the the check has not been cashed but that they must wait 21 days before a stop payment and reissue can be done.
                  This has ruined my plans for the school year because I am a disabled student living on a fixed income from Social Security. I desperately need the funds for books for my next class coming up on July 5, I feel that I am being squeezed by the school.
                  John Miller
                  student ID 0587503

Grand Canyon University — total rip off

I wanted to further my education online and was told about Grand Canyon University or is known as GCU. I wa...

Grand Canyon University — financial aid/president of gcu

I am sending forth this complaint about GCU (Grand Canyon University) which is supposed to be a Christian...