Goodlife Fitnesspersonal training session at square one

Name: Tanu Puri
Location: Square One
My contact info: [protected]

I am writing to complain about personal training session that I started in Nov, 2017. I have pre-existing medical condition -Arthritis because of which I have limited range of movement and inflammation in some parts of my body. I have to regularly avail to massage therapy and physio therapy to manage pain and stay in good health. Upon joining I told my trainer - Shoaib Khan about my condition and I was advised that my pain will be eliminated as the muscle around the joint will get stronger and that I will be pain free instead of just managing the pain through massage and physio.

However, that is not the case I am worse off than when I started in Nov. The has inflammation and pain has increased and is now in parts of my body that it was not there before. I now have inflammation along my spine, elbows, knees, neck and shoulders. Also, numbness in my hands and arms as the inflamed muscles are pressing down on my nerves. I did not have this before I started. Due to repetitive motion of the workout and weights exercises this was caused.

I told my personal trainer - Shoaib Khan that my Doctor has advised me not to do weights but he said that I should not take the Doctor seriously as they know nothing about body movement.

Following is the email interaction between Shoaib and I -

tanushree.puri
Jan 4 (6 days ago)
to Shoaib

Hi Shoaib

I went to my Doctor today and she said to rest for about a week and no weights.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Khan, Shoaib
Jan 4 (6 days ago)
to me
Hey tanu I disagree with what the doctor is saying. Yes maybe rest the shoulder but that doesn't mean no weights/movement. Were you able to book with Dr. Rob? Doctors aren't the best place to go when it comes to muscles and joints
Get Outlook for Android

I was shocked to read this and I requested to discontinue the PT sessions as I do not want to cause any further damage to my body. I was not given what had been promised, instead I am in worse condition from when I first started.

I was advised to email and set up a meeting in person with the facility manager at Square One - Diana Villa. I emailed on her on Jan 8 and saw her in person on Jan 9. This was of no help as well as she further advised me to consult a Chiropractor (at their facility) - I have been told not to go to a Chiropractor by my Doctor. I told her that but, she persisted in repeating that I see the Chiropractor. Further more she insulted me by saying "Why do you want to stop training...you obviously haven't lost any weight...you don't want to lose weight anymore?". She was not understanding or co-operative at all. During our conversation I told Diana that this has caused me more stress and I am being forced to do something that I don't want to do. But she did not kept going on and was very rude.

Also, Diana said that I have to pay a buy out fee and complete the payments for this month that I refused to pay.

At the end of the conversation Diana to told me to contact member's service at [protected]. I called them today - Jan 10, 2017 and they told me to speak with the trainer or facility manager - Diana.

Where is the Good Life I was promised when I joined?

This is unfair, unjust and stressful. This should not be happening!