Goodlife Fitnessnegligent trainer

D

My daughter signed up for a fitness training and a 1 year program. The fitness trainer did not deliver what was promised. In fact, the trainer acted more like a drill sergeant and pushed my daughter to the point of injury. She lost 2 weeks of work and incurred over $200 in physiotherapy fees to correct the injury. When the organization was approached, the only alternative provided was an alternate trainer. Due the to loss of over $500 for this injury, she was not willing to risk another injury and simply wanted her money refunded. After weeks of avoiding calls and referring to head office, she is out the cost of a trainer and the annual fee for the gym.

Goodlife Fitness is more concerned about the funds and has no interest in customer satisfaction and the delivery of quality services. The poor customer service was very disappointing. I would not recommend this organization.

• Ty
    Ty Nov 10, 2008

who was the trainer?

• Ba
    badlife Dec 03, 2008

I also had an annoying experience with Goodlife Fitness which located at March Road, Kanata.
    They suspended my membership because my account was overdue. However, it was caused by their insufficient way of the transaction. (They lost my banking info and void cheque) My husband and I tried to reach the general manager at the club. However, he ignored the inquary and bounced our numerous phone calls.
    It is apparent that he has no management skill. He shouldn't be in the management position to begin with if he is not capable of dealing with issues.They are unprofessional at all.

• Sm
    smart Jan 02, 2009

i wouldnt trust any of the goodlife trainers. im sorry for judging a book by its cover, but when i see these trainers with their respective client i cant help but realize that these kids have no idea what theyre doing. their trainers all seem like a sham...

• Am
    AmyC Feb 02, 2009

Some trainers don't have much experience. Ask about the level of the trainer before signing up. A personal trainer does 1 short course to be certified but the other levels (Master, Elite, Elite Plus) have further education. Check them out, or ask questions before signing up and ask for proof (certificates etc). Experienced trainers will have no problem providing them. (Tho some great great trainers I've had were simply Personal level).

• Me
    mercuryblue Sep 13, 2009

Ive had nothing but good experiences at the Goodlife on March Road. The place is spottless, and really... its pretty easy to use on your own without enlisting a trainer.

• Me
    mercuryblue Sep 13, 2009

Also... You can get out of memberships if you are injured, or if you need to stop for any medical reasons. Even if you werent ill and just needed to get out of the agreement. Just go to your doctor and have them sign a note saying that you cant be there any more for medical reasons. Then you can cancel your commitment. They also will let you stall a few months, like if you have to go in for surgery and cant go to the gym, or if you go on a vacation for instance. JUst let them know and they will hold on payments until you tell them you will return. Thats how it was explained to me.

I love the gym, and my experiences there. Feel great.

• Mr
    mrscrys Sep 29, 2009

So I just started with the gym and so far I love the classes and the place is spotless. The people there are extremely friendly and the machines are easy to use. My only issue is with the phone call I received about 10 minutes ago... I newly signed up earlier this week and now they're telling me they 'misplaced' my void chq...We're definitely going to keep an eye on our account now b/c by judging the above experiences they'll probably charge us double. Time will tell I guess.

• Cv
    cvt Oct 22, 2009

Goodlife trainers are not hired based on ability - they are sales people first.

• Wh
    WhatDo You Know Dec 22, 2009

Goodlife area corporation and a business before they are a gym. They are far too agressive with their sexual marketing and personal training sales tactics. They are willing to hire people as trainers who have no credentials, but ask that they get certification within 3 months post hire date. what a joke. Half of the trainers are in their early twenties and are a waste of your money. They promise 80% better results than on your own which isn't true most of the time. These trainers go to a site, and pay an annual fee of $100 to get online client workout prescriptions, in other words, these trainers don't even design their programs. The trainers are arrogant kids.
    Goodlife is also expensive and they lock you in for one year once you sign up. I would say almost every location I go to, I encounter a bad experience or rudeness of some kind. I hope the New Athletic Club puts them out of business.

anchal ghandhi Apr 16, 2010

i signed up with goodlife in back august 09.i also bought 66 session with them because i need intesnse traning for my police carrer, first trainer that they gave was preety good but after some time he broke his knee and didnt show up for like a month than he came back and again we start and one day goodlife cordinator called me and he sais that my trainer already quit that gym than they gave me another trainer and he quit last week, so i m so angery on them and i asked them my money back because i had enough and only because of my trainer i was in that gym...but they denied and i end it up to suing them..so i m looking for similar cases if u guys have any similar cases that u aware of plz contact me on [protected]@yahoo.com
    because i need similar cases to make my case stronger..
    plzzzz help me out...
    thank u guys..:)

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices