Good Housekeepingsubscription not ordered/invoiced

I never ordered Good Housekeeping and started receiving the magazine followed by an invoice. Since in Illinois if you receive something not ordered it is free I ignored the invoices. They keep coming. In addition at the same time this happened to my daughter who lives at the same address but in a different apartment.

• Sn
    Snickers1111 Jan 07, 2010

My husband just received a collection notice from Sunrise Credit Services for Good Housekeeping subscription. He has never subscribed to this magazine and we have not received any copies of the magazine. We find this fraudulent.

Ever try to look for Customer Service number for Good Housekeeping, I don't believe it exists!! To try to find an E-mail contact to their customer service is also difficult.

• At
    Attorney Harvey Rephen Apr 03, 2010

HI, I am a consumer advocate in NYC. I have successfully settled several cases with Sunrise under the FDCPA. Feel free to contact me for free advice or representation.
    Regards,
    Attorney Harvey Rephen
    212.796.0930
    [email protected]

• Ka
    kadrian Apr 09, 2010

I agree! Good Housekeeping also sent me a collection notice today. My mother used to get me a subscription every year for Christmas, but this year I told her not to. When I kept receiving it, I assumed she'd forgotten. I never renewed it myself or ordered it. I'm very upset and disappointed with Good Housekeeping.

• Su
    SunnieD Sep 14, 2010

I have not ordered good housekeeping and all of a sudden I have received a collection notice from Sunrise Credit Service's. I have called your number and Sunrise number only to get a run around. I do not and will not go online to give information and would rather speak to someone directly. I do have family members who do receive or buy your magazine and will discourage them to buy it if this is not resolved, I do not have the time to be having to handle this situation to only be given a run around with telephone numbers. I plan on discussing this with Consumer Affairs next.

• Sk
    S.Kaufmann Jun 28, 2011

Good Housekeeping sent an unsolisited magazine to my father then started sending invoices for payment. I am his son and just recieved the third notice of payment with G. L. Valk as vice President. I have been talking to the attourney general for the State of Minnesota. They have sent letters to Hurst Corp. with no reply. I think this is part of a scam to scare people into paying for subscriptions they did not ask for nor want. I think that people should contact their local attorney generals office to file complaints against this and other publishers that target individuals that my be vulnerable to such unethical practices.
    States should make it manditory that all invoices contain direct contact informaion not just a P.O. box. By the way, my father died 11 months ago.

joe tsuda Jan 02, 2012

I have deleted all e-mail from publishers clearing house...then I was informed that I had subscribed to goodhousekeeping and owed $6.95 for that subscription...I recieved a magazine which I refused but these scams are far too common for anyone to percieve...my spouse passed away in 2007 and her magazine orders were for 124 years.., what can I do?