Gold's Gymgold's gym fort lauderdale

I was a member of Gold's Gym in Fort Lauderdale, but once my membership was up I joined Mainstreet Gym in Wilton Manors. Mainstreet closed overnight, with NO prior notice. I choose Mainstreet because it was within walking distance of my home; I got exercise and was saving gas. I didn't even hear that Mainstreet had closed until a friend who also was a member informed me. Only a few weeks ago, I looked in my bank account and saw there charges from Golds Gym. I can't get satisfaction from the gym manager or franchise owner...even the corporate office. What do we do????????????????

• Wi
    william Minger Jul 10, 2009

I was a member of Golds gym Fort Lauderdale for almost 8 years. When the ownership changed so did their attitude on the gays. Last year when I went to renew. They said my renewal rate would be 650 dollar. I asked why, from the sales manager and they said we are getting new equipment. Well they were presently selling new and renewals at 450 for many other members at this time. After questioning the management several times they said that, "We have had complaints from members that you have been staring at them". I left. I train now at Ballys and joining a new gym this week. I talked with other members that were training at Golds and now at Ballys and find out that they have been "discriminated" in some form or another for being gay. Their attitude has been deceitful and unfair. I would not recommend them to anyone.
    Bill
    [email protected]

• Al
    Alabama Employee Jan 23, 2011

Sounds like "Little Man Syndrome" to me!! He's got to act mean and [email protected]$$ to make up for the shortness in his jock strap! :)

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices