Gold's Gymscam and cheating

I moved to a new address within the city and gold's was no longer accessible. I went in on october 3rd, 2007 to cancel my account. I spoke with an individual at the front desk and was advised I had to send in my cancellation by letter. I asked if I may drop it off, and was told no, it had to be mailed. Fine.

Because my credit card expired, gold's could not charge my old credit card because it was invalid. So, on on the same day I inquired about cancellation, I also cleared up my account and payed a small late fee. No problem! Account clean, I was ready to move on.

The next day I mailed in my letter. I received no asf international bill for november, so I assumed everything was ok. I was totally wrong. I received a bill mid december, stating I owed money for 3 months.

I called gold's gym and was given an e-mail address for one of the account managers. I sent her an e-mail stating what the problem was. I did receive a reply asking for more information, to which I replied. Weeks went by with no answer. I called again, and asked for another account manager. I spoke with another gentleman that advised me he would promise to look into this. He advised me it may take some time to get this fixed, and for me to patiently wait. No problem, I did so, and 3 weeks went by with no reply. I tried the e-mail address again, no reply. I tried calling, but it seems like the account managers are always busy or there are none available.

I called asf international to try and cancel my account. They are the billing authority, after all. I was advised that asf international is 'not authorized to cancel accounts'.

I am at a loss. I don't know how to get through to these people. Apparently I owe something like $300+. I have not been going to the gym for the past 5 months. But to this date, my account is not canceled.

• Go
    goldsgymscam Jan 14, 2010

• Al
    Alex May 08, 2009

I agree with the comment above. Gold's will tell you any lie just to ensure those payments keep on coming. They are the most dishonest business I have ever dealt with in my life.

Marie Oct 10, 2008

Gold's Gym will try to mess you over, seriously. When my contract was up (I'd cancelled the month before), they charged me for another month of service- 3 months AFTER I had cancelled. It took my filing a Better Business Bureau complaint and 4 weeks before I got my refund. They like to give people the run-around, but you have to stay on them. I was calling their corporate headquarters just about every day.