Menu

I
Author of the complaint
9:07 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had a membership at the Arboretum Gold's Gym. I called the gym in the fall of 2021 to discontinue my membership because I was no longer working in the area. I was told I had to come into the gym to cancel my membership. I went to the gym and was given a Taft Services, LLC business card in Culpepper, VA. I called and told them I wished to discontinue my gym membership. Despite this, Taft Services continued to draft my monthly membership fees from the debit card I had on file. I called Taft multiple times about this. Every one of their customer representatives is rude, nasty, and arrogant. They yell at you over the phone, will not let you speak, and when you attempt to talk over them, they disconnect the call. In one of these interactions, I was told Taft emailed me the information to discontinue services on August 10, 2021. I have checked all of my emails and cannot find this. I asked Taft Services to resend the email to me, and they refused. They also refused to give me their address, and when I was unsure of what was being said and asked them to spell the company's name, they refused even to provide me with this information.

I have filed complaints against Taft Services and the Arboretum Gold's Gym with the BBB. Taft Services would not respond, and the Arboretum Gold's Gym would not take responsibility for this despite contracting with Taft Services to handle their membership fee. I also contacted the bank with which I have my debit card. They have stopped payment on all charges made by Taft Sevices in 2022.

Two days ago (May 18, 2022), I received a letter from Taft Services dated May 5, 2022, demanding that I make a payment to them of $188.97 for failure to make three payments for membership fees, four chargeback fees, and an annual enhancement fee. The letter demanded that I pay these fees or I would be sent to a collection agency. Of note, Taft Services provides a URL to review my account, but I cannot access it using either my personal or business email.

More Gold's Gym complaints & reviews