Having problems with Global Tel Link?

Global Tel Link reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 4, 2008. The latest review Inmate phone account was posted on Sep 25, 2021. The latest complaint Video calls to inmates was resolved on Dec 28, 2014. Global Tel Link has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 106 reviews. Global Tel Link has resolved 37 complaints.

Global Tel Link Customer Service Contacts

3120 Fairview Park Dr., Ste 300
Falls Church, Virginia
United States - 22042-4570

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Global Tel Link Customer Service. Initial Global Tel Link complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Global Tel Link above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Global Tel Link. Discuss the issues you have had with Global Tel Link and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Global Tel Link Complaints & Reviews, Page 4

Global Tel Linkcell phone prepaid calls

i use my cell phone for my boyfriend to call my phone through global tel link... yes they did advice me that if a call is dropped they will not refund the call, but what about when their system says i attempted a 3 way call so they disonnect my call after 5 minutes?? when i first called to make the complaint about the disconnected call the lady told me that they would more then likely refund it because they have been having this issue with alot of customers being disconnected for this reason. so its been over a week and it happened again i got disconnected cause they said i was trying to issue a three way call so i call global tel link and they tell me they will not refund my calls because its on a cell phone and thats considered a dropped call, no where in their policy does it state that if THEY disconnect your phone call because they SAY you are attempting a 3 way call that it is considered a droppped called simply becasue you are on a cell phone, what would they said if i had that happen on my house phone ?? i have went through their policy online and remember the phone call where she stated their policy and no where does it state that they cant refund me for their companys mistakes and i am very dissapointed to have to give them money for my boyfriend to call me.

3 Responses
    • Lo
      Louis Schotl Apr 24, 2016

I completely am unsatisfied with this service ive done paid out money to be able to recieve phone calls from my son and i am not able to accept any calls from him i want my money back for not being able to eccept any of the phone calls it keeps telling me to add funds to my account when i already have done so on multiple occasions a still nothing! If possible by chance your able to either fix the issue im addressing or refund me my money much would be appreciated

• Re
      recie Dec 16, 2015

i put money on my account and 3 days later, still no money on the account. they kept saying their system was updating an they couldn't help me figure out why the money was taken from my card, but was not applied to my account. they're a scam!

• Ve
      venicementor Dec 20, 2009

GLOBAL NET LINK SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED FOR FRAUD!!! My brother is a detainee and according to Global Net Link they DO NOT HAVE A CONTRACT with Time Warned and therefor I cannot accept collect calls from the prison system and have to use their pre-pay system which is $3.99 for the connection and 8 cents per minute there after. The minimum you can put on pre-pay is $25.00. Their service is so bad, that when you get a call from someone in the corrections system you often get immediately disconnected. When my brother calls, we are disconnected six out of ten times. All of a sudden, the amount you originally put in is at zero without

I then used my AT&T account and had him call me at that number and now I am told the same thing. They do not have a contract with AT&T? Who in the hell do they have a contract with? I think this is a rip-off scam and that those at GLOBAL NET LINK are liars and cheaters wanting people to use their system so they can steal from us and those who are incarcerated. They probably figure that not many people care about those who are incarcerated and even if they do they are most likely "fringe people" and that they would not, or can't complain!!!

Global Tel Linkdropped calls

I have a BIG problem with Global Tel Link. My poor son is in jail and so sick. I waited all day for his call.He called me today and said the last few calls he made to his girl had been disconnected within the first minute or two. So he called her back. again disconnected in the first minute of saying hello. he tried again they got the full 15 that time.
    So then he calls me..says.. hi mom..I just was talking to my girl and it got disconnected twice in a row. so if it does it again..click..it disconnected!!! one minute 3 seconds!!!
    I had no more money to put on the phone. I called GTL only to get the recording they would call back in 2 hours that they were having unusualy high call volumes. (I bet they are!!) FINALLY..Someone calls me back..I told him exactly what happened. He said he would try and see if he could issue me a credit. I was on hold for the next 25 minutes. he finally came back to me and said these exact words.."I listened to your call to your son and since you gave me fraudulant information you can never ever receive any credit for dropped calls. I SAID WHAT!!! FRAUDULANT INFORMATION!!! I DID NOT GIVE YOU ANY FRAUDULANT INFO. HE SAID WELL I LISTENED TO THE TAPES AND YOUR SON HUNG UP ON YOU!!! AND STATED THAT I WAS LYING JUST TO TRY AND GET A CREDIT!!! YEAH LIKE I AM GOING TO PUT ALL THIS MONEY ON MY PHONE TO TALK TO MY BABY AND HE IS GOING TO SAY ONE SENTENCE AND HANG UP ON ME!!! MY SON IS VERY SICK RIGHT NOW..SWINE FLU IS GOING AROUND IN THE JAILS. AND I COULD NOT EVEN TALK TO HIM. NO THAT IS NOT THE WAY IT GOES..WE ALWAYS TALK FOR THE FULL 15 MINUTES. I am really pissed!! Class action law suit!!!
    If there was another company we could use I bet they would be a bit nicer. They wouldn't want to lose customers. but they know they are all we have. so I guess they can just take your money. give you 1 minute phone calls and charge for 15 min. calls. and then turn around and ask you for more money. This has happened to me so many times you can not even imagine!!! I have been doing this for a year and a half now. I am a good paying customer!! WTF!! I will just take that 25 bucks and go visit my son and quit using GTL!!!

2 Responses
      • Ee
        Eellana Mar 09, 2012

Pinellas County Jail uses Global Tel Link as their service provider for inmate calls. I have spent an outrageous amount of money to try and keep in touch with my loved ones. Everytime the call is connected; the connection is HORRIBLE! You can hardly hear the other party talk, and the calls get dropped before the 20 minutes has expended on a regular basis. What a rip off!!!

• Pb
        pbiggs Feb 18, 2010

I have been having a big issue with Global Tel Link as well. For some reason, the calls have went from 15 minutes to 5 minutes. The phone warns us that we have 1 minute left when the phone timer hits about 4Mins 30 secs. I called GTL, and they say.. I dont' know what's going on.. maybe its the actual facility that's cutting the phones off - they told me they have the authority to cut the phones off if they want to. They told me to tell the inmate to report the problem to the officers at the correctional facility. So I am getting 5 minutes calls for the price of a 15 minute call. I am going to the BBB. This is rediculous..I pay serious money to talk to my loved one..this company is so sketchy..I really don't see how they can still be in business...their service is very poor.

Global Tel Linkeverything about this business is a SCAM

Over a dozen times and ten different people have told me do many different policies and procedures. This last one really tops the cake. According to the customer service department I can only pay my bill with a credit card thats billing address matches the address on the phone bill that I had to submit to open the account in the first place. Since my bank uses my po box address for my protection and the phone bill Global Tel Link insisted on says my home address they wouldn't allow me to pay my bill. Apparently the only way I can pay my bill is with a credit card that matches my Global Tel Link info. exactly. So this doesn't allow anyone else like my family or friends to pay my bill or in my case myself!! I think this is just another GTL policy that's meant to screw us consumers over!! It's so unfair that they are the only company there is and I have to go thru them to talk to my loved ones. The lady actually said "well if you dont want to talk to him (my loved one) then close your account with us!" How dare they manipulate the system and force us to do business with them in order to talk to our loved ones! It feels like this should be against a law!

• We
          WEH8GTL!!!!! Jan 31, 2010

iVE BEEN EXPERIENCING THE SAMETHING WHERE I PAY ON MY PARENTS ACCOUNT AND THEY ALLOW ME TO PUT MONEY ON THE ACCOUNT SOMETIMES BUT NOW IM BLOCKED AGAIN AND THEY KEEP BLAMING MY BANK...ITS NOT MY BANK ITS THEM!!!AND THEY BLOCKED ME FROM RECEIVING COLLECT CALLS THAT WOULD BE BILLED ON MY VERIZON BILL AND THEY WERE SAYING THAT VERIOZN BLOCKED ME...UMM I WORK FOR VERIZON AND THERE WAS NO BLOCK SO THEY KEPT COMING UP WITH REASONS WHY THEY COULDNT REMOVE THE BLOCK...IVE NEVER MISSED A PAYMENT OR WENT OVER THE $100 A MONTH...THIS COMPANY SUCKS AND THE REPS THAT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY ARE JUST AS BAD!!!

Global Tel*linkcollect calls from nys prison

i had an account with them for over 3 years with a phone number at my old address. i had to move this past jJuly of 2009 and that is when the night mare started. it is now sept. 6 2009 and i still do not have a phone account with them. they said to send them a copy of the phone bill with the new address and phone number on it. i have sent them 3 faxes and they state that they still have not recieved them. my husband is getting very pissed offf and i am stressed out tot he max. i had to move and do everything myself and they are not helping me their reps are very rude and obnious and they hang up on you in middle of a conversation.

5 Responses
          • Gl
            gladyswenger Mar 10, 2011

i don't went my phone block

• Gl
            gladyswenger Mar 10, 2011

unblock my phone [protected]

• Lo
            locos Baby Girl Oct 27, 2010

I payed for a service so that i can pick up the collect calla from the jail but i still am not recieving

• Op
            opiukk Dec 15, 2009

my brother has been calling me collect for five years and one day these yahoos at global tell*link say i need to set up a credit card account so he can keep calling. Now why all of a sudden do i have to do this? I pay my phone bill every month, they get paid.

• Ad
            adeana howard Nov 26, 2009

They suck. I am going through something similar. I've faxed the papers and to no avail. It is pitiful how things are done through them. Its a prepaid account. How much stricter could they get when we are already over paying for it? They really need competition and all that would change. I've heard that they will no longer be handling many accounts in NY by the end of this year (2009) and I am so glad. Regardless of who takes over, it's gotta be better than this. They have made a lot of money off of people like us and I can't believe they have been allowed to handle these facilities with their prices and rules. It is ridiculous. Well, just thought I'd let you know you ar not alone in your frustration and feelings about Globaltellink. They are monsters in their prices and I couldn't believe the amount of complaints they have (good). I pray that they hurry up and move. They are in our way!

GTLAPPLYING MONEY TO ACCOUNT

IM PISSED WITH THIS COMPANY AND FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE FCC TONIGHT ABOUT GLOBAL TEL LINK.. THIS IS DEFINATELY THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH. I HAVE PAID THIS COMPANY HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS SO FAR TO BE ABLE TO TALK TO MY HUSBAND IN PRISON. BEFORE I REACHED MY HUNDRED DOLLAR LIMIT I SENT IN A PAYMENT ( BEFORE BILL EVEN CAME) SO SERVICES WOULD BE ON. ALL OF A SUDDEN MY PHONE WAS BLOCKED AND MY CHECK WAS CASHED ON 6-26-09 TODAY IS 7-9-09 AND IT IS STILL NOT APPLIED . I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO TALK TO HIM ALL THIS TIME DUE TO THEIR MISTAKE. I ALSO WENT TO THE BANK PAID THEM A FEE TO GET THE COPY OF THE BACK OF THE CHECK TO SEE WHO CASHED IT..WHAT A SURPRISE GTL DID.. SO I CALLED THEM 3 TIMES ALREADY.. OF COURSE NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE. THEY SENT ME A BILL TODAY IN THE MAIL. I REALLY DONT WANT TO SEND PAYMENT IN RIGHT AWAY DUE TO THE FIRST ONE NOT BEING APPLIED. SO WHO IS SUFFERING IN THE LONG RUN.. ME AND MY HUSBAND. WE NEED A MORE RELIABLE COMPANY THAT WILL GIVE US EXCEPTIONAL SERVICES TO KEEP IN CONTACT WITH OUR LOVED ONES. AND ACCORDING TO SOME INMATES IN THIS OHIO PRISON I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT IS HAVING THIS ISSUE OTHER BILL PAYERS ARE . I LIKE IT MUCH BETTER WHEN THE BILLED IT TO MY HOUSE PHONE. I VERY MUCH DISLIKE GLOBAL TEL LINK AND FEEL THIS COMPANY NEEDS SOME MAJOR IMPROVEMENT.

1 Response
            • i made an attempt to pay the bill and glt refuse to do the transaction... they decline it without an reason.. and the funds was not returned to my account and the phone is still block and the funds is sitting somewhere over the rainbow.. my husband is very upset and so am i. [protected] gamble patchogue, ny 11772

Global Tel Link — CREDIT ON ACCOUNT NOT REFUNDED

Have had a credit on account set up to Augusta Correctional Facility, Craigsville, Virginia. Credit amount if...

Global-tel- Link Phone CompanyBLOCKING INMATES CALL UNTILL YOU SIGN UP WITH THEM

I WAS RECECIVING COLLECT CALLS FROM MY BROTHER WHO IS IN PRISON THRU MY PHONE COMPANY AT LOWER RATE, GOLBAL-TEL LINK, HAS NOW BLOCK HIS CALLS TO TELLING ME THAT UNTIL I SIGN UP WITH THEM AND HAVE THEM SEND ME A BILL, THAT MY BROTHER WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CALL ME.

MY HOME PHONE COMPAY ATT WAS BILLING ME FOR THE COLLECT CALLS AND NOW GLOBAL-TEL-LINKS STATES THAT THEY OWE THE PRISON PHONE AND THEY WILL BLOCK HIS CALLS TO MY HOME UNTIL I EXCEPT BILLING DIRECT FROM THEM AND THERE WAS NOTHING THAT I CAN DO ABOUT IT

• Cl
                ClassAdvocate Jun 16, 2009

I read constant posts regarding this company. It is really unfair, although I am not sure if what they do is illegal. I do know of one firm that is investigating this conduct. Good Luck.

Global Tel LinkOvercharging

My Global Tel Link account is on Direct Remit account with a limit of 100.00 dollars. Well last night my limit had reached 104.00 dollars so I made a 20.00 dollar payment. That brought it down to 86.00 dollars, with each phone call costing me a 3.50 charge would not that of only brought my bill up to 89.50. This morning when I didn't receive my call from my husband I checked my account and it says my limit has been exceeded it is 103.00.

So I called GTL and asked how this could be and they said because I used the internet to make my payment it could take upto 24 hours for the system to update. This makes no sense to me because after making the 20 dollar payment last night the block was removed and the back on this morning. I only received 1 call so how did i exceed my limit?

I wonder now how many more times they have stolen money from there customers like this? By the way it has now been the 24 hours and my phone is still blocked.

2 Responses
                • Re
                  Reg's Girl Jun 17, 2009

After reading some informatin about this company I wanted to speak to customer service and pay my bill so I can have a credit on my phone I spent over a hour on the phone which a recorder states someone will call me back. I left a number and never received a call back. I called back and was still on hold for another hour. I feel like I'm in a bad place if I don't take a chance and pay them some money I cant receive calls and if I do and the credit don't get credited to the accout I still won't be able to receive calls. This company sucks.

• Bo
                  B.ob's #1 Jun 02, 2009

I agree completely I check my balance daily and it goes up daily even if I havent received a call in 3 days! How the heck can that happen? This is the worst compny the worls. Everytime i call to inquire about this i first have to wait 2 hours for a call bak just to be told that they will have to call me back after reviewing my accout and i never get a call back. there really should be something done about this company

Globeltelelink — Unauthorised long distance chages

Globeltelelink picked can$55. 00 without my authorisation.

Calgary

Global Tel* LinkHorrible GTL service. Like a Scam!

the call constantly disconnected even before any conversation starts, was charges $3...so you could be not able to talk for anything and already got charged $3. terrible service!!!
                this happens at least 3 times a day, that is $9 charge for nothing. i have to buy $59.9 which $9.9 is convenient fees, which lasted 2 days only. we only talked for 40 mins a day or less, so that is 80 mins for $60.

well the rate is actually ~$6 for 15 mins, if the disconnect problem isn't there, then $50 will last 120 mins, so the connection problems cause me 40 mins for everyday 2 days. that is to mean GTL at least scam me $15 every 2 days.

but we have no choice but to use them for inmate calls.
                so justice system seems to catch lot of innocent ppl but let this bully keep scamming our money!!

• Co
                    Corene Mar 07, 2011

I think Global Tel Link is a scam.I can give you several reasons why:1. They keep you on hold forever, then the phone hangs up:2 When you pay your bill the block still don't be lifted:3 Just plain rude. I think we need to get a class action Law Suit against GTL!!This company just want us to keep paying, when in reality were not getting all the calls were paying for.I'm really disgusted with GTL, ugghh

Global Tel Link — money has not been placed on my card after you all have took it off

I have put 25 dollars on my credit card on Feb. 16, 2017 and it has still not to this day been put on my...

Global Tel Link Prepaid Services — Customer Service

I have prepaid 25.00 on my long distance account through Global Link and the money is not showing on my...

Global Tel Linkdeclining my credit card for NO reason

For the last month I have been trying to communicate with my husband via phone. The local facility he is incarserated in uses Global Telink. The problem is that sometimes they except my credit card and sometimes they decline it, my bank sees NO problem with my card and I use it for other purposes all the time. When I call their customer help line it either puts me on a call back list and NEVER returns my calls or they say their experiencing high call volume and instructs me to try my call later then hangs up!!! Not to mention that they are very expensive at $2. per call that lasts only 10 mins each.

• De
                      deezy77 Mar 19, 2010

I used globaltelink and they took a $25.00 payment from me and let me use that money once I had a balance of $14.00 left on the prepaid account when the next call came in and they did not give me an option to accept the call only to add more money to the account. I either want my phone call or my $14.00

Global Tel*link — Inmate phone calls not put through

My son was an inmate at the Greenville County Detention Center in Greenville, SC until 2/9/09. I set up an...

Global TelllinkRIP OFF

I need to complain about this company because they are making so much money off of people, and do not provide a sufficient or half way decent service. I have been dealing with this company for around 2 1/2 months and have spend over $500.
                    First they charge a fee everytime someone adds money to the account, so for $50 deposit they add only $40 to your account. Then the automated sysytem makes mistakes, can hang up on u, can drop your call, can say you did 3 way calling when you did not, and then say that they have a right to not give you back your money because there are no refunds on cell phones. I HATE this company, and its a shame and a scam that this is the only company that an inmate can use to keep in contact with their families. I wish I could boycott them, but best believe I am going to write to someone who will listen to me about the way customers are treated by this company.

• Se
                        setthingsstaright May 21, 2011

Should have went with ColdCrib.com they would have treated you better and with respect

Global Tel LinkOutrageous fees

Global Tel Link is the service used by Los Angeles County Jail System, so you can receive collect calls from a person incarcerated in county jail. The phone number I have for them is 800*483*8314 (this is an automated system)

They charged my credit card so I could establish an advance pay account which allows me to accept collect calls made from County Jail.

Over the past 4 days I have deposited $125.00 with them, which covered 8 calls all less than 5 minutes in length.

I deposited another $25.00 yesterday, and received a $14.00 credit towards phone time. The additional $11.00 is their "Service Charge". When you do the math, that comes out to an approx. 73% service charge. HOW IS THIS EVEN LEGAL??

Calls are continually dropped for no reason, yet they refuse to credit back any money for dropped calls. Talking to customer service is impossible, as they just never come to the phone. I have waited well in excess of 2 hours and still not spoken to anyone.

Each 2 - 3 minute call, (calls are within the local calling area) costs on average $10.00. How can that be right?

You do not have the choice to use any other type of collect call billing. So the only choice that families of loved ones who are incarcerated in Los angeles County Jail have, is to either accept this company ripping us off, or not be able to communicate with any one who is incarcerated.

I would appreciate someone letting me know if
                      1. Is this company not governed by any State Agency
                      2. Is it legal for them to charge such outrageous fees.
                      3. Is the State of California investigating this company for illegal business practices.

I have filed a complaint with the BBB, the CPUC, and the Federal Trade commission.

It seems funny to me that an agency serving a county facility is allowed to continue to rip off consumers.

4 Responses
                        • Ne
                          neodiaa Jan 03, 2013

a scam

• Ar
                          Arlie Moore Jan 03, 2013

Yes, they just hooked me into their prepaid service by blocking my son's calls, stating a non-pre existing rule that I can't accept more than $50 in calls in a 90 day period. They blocked my number permanantly because I broke their rule. I have years of phone bills showing that that rule is baloney. This is a new greedy marketing ploy. They are basically pirates holding our loved ones for ransom. GTL charged me a 19% interest fee to add money to MY account. So not only do we pay collect call fees, but an additional 19%! When is it time to arrest these folks?

MADDIESMOMMY760 Mar 11, 2010

REPEATED DROPPED CALLS FOR 3RD PARTY CALLING WHICH IS NEVER THE CASE, HORRIBLE CUSTOMERT SERVICE!!! I WANT MY GOD DAM MONEY BACK! ANYONE KNOW OF WHAT WE CAN DO TO GET IT BACK? ILL GO STAND IN FRONT OF THE JAIL AND HAVE THE DAM PETITION SIGNED THIS IS SUCH A SCAM FOR THE COUNTY TO MAKE MONEY! IT MAKES ME TOTALLY SICK! ITS NOT RIGHT AND IT SHOULDN'T BE LEGAL AT ALL!

• Je
                          jersygrl1969 Oct 19, 2009

Whatever happened to the days when an inmate called you, a recorded voice asked you to accept or reject the collect call, and the call was simply added to your phone bill?? Leave it to the ###s of the DOC to find a way to make money off of the loved ones of inmates.

Globaltelink — pricing/practices

This company has the monopoly on telephone service to and from jails throughout the Country. Their pricing i...

Global Tel LinkNo customer service

For anybody else experiencing problems with this company I URGE you to take the route I did and file a report with the better business bureau its very easy you can do it online and you may actually see some results from this ignorant company! They tried to steal $75 credit card payment from me and not credit my account with the payment stating that my zip code was inputted in their system wrong (an error on THEIR PART) however they still collected the payment from my credit card and never credited my account with it, they made me make ANOTHER $75 payment totaling $150 and I had to file a report with the BBB to get the original $75 payment returned (the $75 they said they never collected but showed otherwise on my credit card statement).

Breakdown: Not only did they steal this 75.00 from me and not return it until the BBB got involved, before contacting the BBB I tried to resolve this issue with them myself and waited HOURS at a time being placed in their 'QUEUE' only to never receive a call back and have to call and wait AGAIN I also encountered the plethera of ignorant individuals that are global tel link employees I was hung up on when I asked to speak with a manager my credit card company also called on my behalf and got the same treatment rudeness and then hung up on...I mean it was terrible! by the end of the day I was at my witts end and knew that there was no way I was going to be able to deal with these people on my own. After I involved the BBB a global tel link rep called me back RIGHT AWAY and was just a picture of courtesy! HA! This company is terrible I hate that I have to deal with them and anybody else who feels they are being ripped off PLEASE file a report with the BBB you will see some results and at the very least they can be investigated for their erroneous business practices and poor customer service and hopefully that will make them fix their ways!

6 Responses
                          • La
                            Lana Jezzini May 28, 2014

I can no longer deal with the deceit and trickery of this company!Each of us needing the services offered by this ONE AND ONLY company are already enduring trials and tribulations. We are dealing with too much already, both emotionally and financially, to be subjected to this unbearable and unreasonably thieving company! Last time I checked monopolies were against the law. We have no choice but to deal with this company and so they get away with there bad business dealings!

marlybaby May 08, 2011

The rates are to high, when you have a problem you talk to a machine not a person. Iguess they know they have a lousey company.Istill have money on the phone they won't let me talk to my son.

• Aa
                            AaroneB63 Jun 01, 2010

Before I make my complaint known. I would like to suggest to everyone who HAS to use GTL, to get together and form your own communication provider "company". I'm not sure what the process is, but it looks like anyone can start up a communication provider service.
                            Instead of putting out money to RIPOFF companies such as GTL, we should form our own and instead of charging "an arm and a leg" for the service provide, a low rate would be charged with an option to buy stock in the company.
                            So, if someone knows anyone who would know how to get the thing started, let it be known.
                            Now for my COMPLAINT.
                            My fiance called me and I had to set up an account of $25.00 in which I was only able to talk to her for a total of 8 1/2 minutes. Can you believe that!!
                            IT COST ME $25.00 for 8 1/2 MINUTES !! WHAT A RIPOFF !!
                            There has to be a better and cheaper way for people to call and talk to those who are incarcerated.

• Gt
                            GTL SUCKS... Jul 09, 2009

I JUST WROTE A COMPLAINT ON HERE AS WELL UNDER GTL. THEY CASHED A CHECK BEFORE BILL EVEN CAME OUT. PHONE IS DISCONNECTED. BEEN CALLING THE LST FEW WEEKS. WENT TO BANK GOT RECORD OF THEM CASHING. SPOKE TO A REP THAT HAD ME ON HOLD FOR OVER 20 MINUTES. AND NEVER CAME BACK ON LINE. THEY TOLD ME THEY HAVE NO RECORD OF THEM CASHING IT... WTF MY BANK DOES.. THEY DONT KNOW WHOS CHECKS THEY CASH..UNREAL. SO NOW THEY WANT ME TO RUN AROUND AND FIGURE THIS OUT. I FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE FCC. I WILL BE TAKING YOUR ADVICE AAND FILE WITH THE BBB AS WELL... THANKS...HEATHER-OHIO

• Ed
                            eda Jun 30, 2009

The money seems like the least of the complaints, it has taken over two weeks to take a "hold" off my account after calling several times a week. Actually I still haven't got it taken off, so it may take another two weeks?

• Ms
                            Ms. Gwen Jan 14, 2009

I agree whole heartedly! I recently signed up for gtl corrections billing. I was allowed to set up the account eventhough the phone is in my daughter's name... This company even charged my credit card which is in my name. A week later, I was informed that I can't set up an account because the phone was in my daughter's name, therefore, she would have to do it. I told them I understood and I would like to be issued a refund.

This has been two weeks and the initial fee of $25.00 has not been refunded to my account. My daughter was required to fax a copy of the phone bill, which she did. A week later they could not verify the fax. We played phone tag... with a hit and miss here... and a hang up or insult there. Finally, I get four calls in one day. One said we owe $25.00 more . My daughter tried the phone, to no avail and the website to add money is always having technical difficulty. I want them to be shut down!!

Because they are the only game in town, they feel they can treat their customers any kind of way. There's a class action lawsuit forming against gtl, I signed and I suggest you guys do the same.

Global Tel Link — Fraud and scam

GTL has several times said they do not allow 3rd party services to connect their calls because it does not...

Globel Telinkunauthorized billing

globe telelink, with out notice or warning placed a block on my phone leaving me unable to speak with my son who is in a correctional facility. They did this even thought I had established a third party billing account with another company. When I contacted them they literally forced me to set up an account with them in order to hear for my child. They then went back and recharged me for calls that I had paid for with my first company. There consumer service rep stated that I would have to jump through several hoops to fix the billing problem even though she could clearly see that my account with them was set up nearly three weeks after I started receiving calls from the correctional facility.

JO-JO Feb 10, 2011

I feel that globel telink over charges people who have loved ones incarcerated. We already have to make sure that they are tooken care of while in prison and that's alot!!! Now in order for us to able to talk to our loved ones we have to kick out an arm and a leg. Globel telink is a rip-off!!! Some thing really needs to be done about them. And I never even heard of a globel until my man got locked up. Are they even liget?!!!