Global Discovery Vacations - Poor Customer Servicepoor poor customer service

S

Please save your money and frustration. My husband and I joined Global Discovery Vacations recently. Their pitch is "Where would you like to go?" we have a book of over 4, 000 listing of timeshares which are in the pool of potential places to reserve. Since it's just my husband and I we figured we have a lot of flexibility of when and where we can go. We followed the rules, filled out the online reservation form well over the 90-120 days. We figured we'd ask for Key West, Florida (never expected to get it but, I had to ask) The issue began when the online reservation form says a customer service rep will contact you within 10 business days, but if they don't call them after 15 business days..ok... The 15th business day came and past and no call. I called the 800 number and was given another number to call and the reps name "Jenna". I called and got her voicemail, left a message. (this was early in the day). Before the end of day I called again, got voicemail, left a message. I did rec a call back from her stating she didn't have the list yet of what will be available. Ok, no problem but she said she didn't know when the list would be available. Ok, my problem is what's the process then?, I followed the rules of plenty advance notice. I don't trust I will receive a call back. I called again left a msg that I would like to add a 2nd choice and that we can travel any time from Dec thru Feb (I'd say that is flexible) also asking if I needed to fill out another request or if it can be added to the original request. No call back. This has been one week later so I called again in the morning...no call back. I'm beginning to wonder if I just threw away $4, 000.00. I certainly have better things to do than call and leave messages for someone 10 times before they call me back.

I am a member of a legal service which helps in these situations. Looks like I'll have to call them if I don't get a response back . Please SAVE YOUR MONEY.

• Es
    EStout Jul 23, 2012

Cabceb

I would be more than happy to answer all your questions about the travel club membership. You can call me on my direct number at [protected].

Eric Stout
    Operations Manager
    Global Connections, Inc

• Ca
    Cabceb Jul 21, 2012

Eric - Why soo many complaints?? I purchased your program last night, and after doing just a few google searches found HUNDREDS of complaints. Your rep told me you were rated highly with the BBB. I found YOU WEREN'T EVEN REGISTERED WITH THEM! I also left without my free gift - I was under the assumption the agent placed it in my book, but when I got home it wasn't there! THEN, I did a quick google search of hotels in Italy and found they are cheaper than a budget hotel in Chicago! I was lead to believe they cost twice as much! Why would I want a 1500 sq foot condo on vacation? My house isn't even that big! All I want is a clean room NEAR TOWN. Your rooms are 20 minutes away. The more I think about this, the more I feel I should cancel.

• Es
    EStout May 23, 2011

Hello Swampbug

Hello, my name is Eric Stout. I am the Operations Manager for Global Connections. I would be more than happy to assist you with your membership. Please call me on my direct line [protected].

Eric Stout