Global Discovery Vacations Logo

Global Discovery Vacations

Having problems with Global Discovery Vacations?

5360 College Blvd, Ste 200
Fri8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

the free vacation offered with signing up with global discovery vacations is a rip-off

The free vacation offered with signing up with Global Discovery Vacations is a rip-off. Global Discovery Vacations knows this and says it is all Celebrity Productions fault. We paid our $70 for both the cruise and free airline tickets. We recieved neither. Calls on the phone are never answered. After many months and many attempts to get get what I was promised. We are out $140 out, wasted multiple hours trying to get what was promised and ended up extremely mad and frustrated. In the end we just gave up. Global Discovery should make good on our loss and Celebrity Productions should be investigated.

Blog Master Sep 22, 2010

If anybody needs assistance with the Global Discovery Vacations membership. please email me @ [email protected]
    Global is a great company with thousands of satisfied users. Rated A+ by the BBB. If you have an issue with the gifts offered by promo marketing companies, please contact the marketing company that contacted you, Global does not have an internal marketing department. I can help you!!!
    Michael Cantrell

Forehmier

My name is Eric Stout, I am the Operations Manager for Global Connections. If you have questions about a promotion you received from one of our distributors, you are more than welcome to contact me and I be happy to assist you. My direct phone number is (913) 660-7780.

Hi,

My name is Jason Rzucidlo and I am the Owner & Web Designer of AmericaJR.com. I received lots of complaints about the Global Vacation Network so I decided to do some investigating. I encourage you read and comment on these articles before attending a GVN sales presentation:

http://americajr.com/news/globalvacationnetwork0314.html (You can also view all of the documents you will be required to sign in a PDF file)

Many of the GVN offices will show you a phony BBB rating that is not their true rating. Always check BBB ratings at www.bbb.org.

Secondly, GVN is offering huge prizes like Lincoln Navigators that are impossible to win. They are only giving away 1 and your chances to win it are 1 in a million. So if they told you that you won one, you probably didn't.

Jason

They have an office in utah called global travel network.they open offices up under various names and don't follow through with their promises. Good luck getting anywhere or even getting a call returned.

Blog Master Sep 22, 2010

Global is a great company with thousands of very satisfied users. Rated A+ by the BBB. If you have an issue with the gifts offered by promo marketing companies, please contact the marketing company that contacted you, Global does not have an internal marketing department. I can help you!!!

Knowit

Hello, my name is Eric Stout. I am the Operations Manager for GCI. From your post I cannot tell if you have a membership. Either way, I would be more than happy to go over the benefits of our travel membership with you. You can call me at (913) 660-7780.

• Gp
    GP2442 Aug 08, 2014

Global travel network is one of the best companies I have ever dealt with. They gifted us with the vacation, and we did become members. They are great, and anybody bashing this company just did not listen or follow directions, that's ignorance on their part!!

I fear we got ripped off

Your Scottsdale, AZ office has been closed and the phones are shut off as well. Your Kansas office phone does not work nor does the 800 membership phone number. We paid $5K for a package and fear we got ripped off as other customers claim.

• Ki
    kim wallechwhite Jul 28, 2010

Dear Takovan,
    Hi, my name is Kim Wallech-White, and let me tell you that you did not get ripped off.While Im not sure about the offices your talking about being closed, let me give you Globals phone number that I always use.This phone number is 1-800-411-9027.Explain to the woman what your looking to do and they will connect you to the right place.However you can email me and this invite goes to everyone who loves, hates, misunderstands or is just looking to discuss Global. I truely and whole heartedly love my membership to the point I bought another, I now own 11 stars.This means Global Connections each and every year for the rest of my life will give me at a 97 percent success rate to go when and where I want to go for 11 weeks of vacation.Iknow what your thinking, who has that much vacation time.While I wish I had 11 weeks, but I I only have 5.I know, I know only 5?, but hey, Ive been at my job for 30 yrs, so I deserve it. Oh, by the way my email address is [email protected]
    Now, with an email that reads psycokw I always feel the need to explain the email address, so just bare with me.My son at the age
    of 7 yrs (he is now 23)decided I needed an email address and he was just the one to make one up, and needless to say couldnt spell psycho correctly.Why did he think I was psycho?What child at the age of 7 doesnt think their parents are a little crazy?
    O.K. back to Global, if you notice most of the complaints are about
    the free gift and I totally agree with those complaints.Global connections needed to address those complaints and they did.For the average consumer who knows nothing about Global and they do a little research, well where do most poeople go to, the complaints or bbc and they see all these complaints about the free gift, they, as well as I would have, assume that the companys
    gift is a reprecentation of Global itself.IT IS NOT!I DO BELEIVE GLOBAL IS ALOT AT FAULT FOR THE BAD COMPLAINTS THEY RECEIVE ONLY BECAUSE OF THE FREE GIFT.SO, they now give you for viewing the travel club(NOT A TIMESHARE, THERE IS A MAGOR DIFFERENCE) a free week(a 200$ deposit is placed on a credit card which you get back 14 days after your week is completed or if you cancel the free trip)( however if you do any damage to the property the deposit is forfeited)
    Now I also agree with the complaints about different offices set up here and there and thats probably what has happened to you with the fact you cant get ahold of anyone.However, call the number above and they will connect you to the right place.I think, but honestly do not know, they must pay someone (whoever), to gather a group of people at their own discresion and set up house and get the consumer to sit in on a presentation.However, GLOBAL needs to realize perception is reality to most people and the consumer assumes that whatever their sales person is telling them is wholier than thou..IF YOU LEARN ONE THING ABOUT GLOBAL FROM THIS LENGHTLY MESSAGE, ITS THE EXACT SAME THING YOU SHOULD LEARN ABOUT LIFE !!! HERE IS THE MESSAGE !!!
    IF IT IS NOT WRITTEN DOWN IN A CONTRACT IT NEVERRRRRR HAPPENED!!! IT WILL ALWAYS BE THE SAME THING, WELL HE SAID BLAH BLAH BLAH
    NOW the great thing about Global
    1.THEY GUARENTEE TO GET YOU TO YOUR DESTINATION OF YOUR CHOICE 97 PERCENT OF THE TIME WHEN AND WHERE
    YOU WANT TO GO.however, some people get this confused with their choice of resorts, For example, I put a request in (by fax and received a phone call within 24 hrs confirming they received my fax, you can also mail or email a request)The request was for Maui for 2 weeks in April and K aui for 1 week concurrent to Maui.I gave them exact dates, but not a resort, why not a resort?because, they only guarentee my destination of choice, not my resort.They called me and offered me several choices which I looked up online thru their link they offered and booked THE KAANAPALI BEACH RESORT ON MAUI AND THE POIPU POINT RESORT ON KAUI .HERE IS THE AMAZING POINT WITH GLOBAL CONNECTIONS .I LIKE TO PLAY A LITTLE GAME AND I ALWAYS LOOK UP TO SEE HOW MUCH IT WOULD HAVE COST ME TO STAY THERE.(meaning wherever they booked me)
    So I looked up boh resorts and the figures are for Kaanapali resort
    staying two weeks cost over 6, 000.00$ in a garden view and 7, 500.00 $ for 2 weeks in an ocean front room .HERE ARE MY FEES 389.00$ 1 TIME FEE PER YEAR, BUT ONLY IF YOU USE YOUR MEMBERSHIP THAT YEAR TRY DOING THAT WITH A TIMESHARE 96.00$ PER EACH WEEK (this is processinfg fee)
    ( for a total of 192.00$)a 6 star membership with the first membership which is the only one Im using for this trip so far)
    these rooms are all 1 bedroom that I have choosen to stay in.Now
    for Kaui fees I only pay (96.00 $) (this is for 1 week stay processing fee )I do not pay the 389.00 fee because its only a one time fee per year and ONLY if you travel within that year.Again I called POIPU POINT RESORT AND LOOKED ONLINE AND THEIR FEE IS 429.00$ PER NIGHT FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF OVER 3, 000.00$ AFTER TAXES. SOOOOO!!!HERE THE FACTS!!! MY TOTAL FOR 3 WEEKS IN HAWAII 687.00$ (ACTUALLY I never pay my 389.00$ activity fee because I always give a star to a co-worker and she is happy to pay my 389.00$ fee plus 96.00$ to go on vacation, but for all sakes and purposes lets pretend I paid the 389.00$ fee myself.SO AGAIN FOR 3 WEEKS IN HAWAII MY COST =687.00
    RESORTS COST FOR 3 WEEKS-=OVER 10, 000.00$ IS GLOBAL WORTH IT? YOU TELL ME!!!
    THE FUNNY THING IS IVE READ THESE COMMENTS PEOPLE SAY I WORK FOR GLOBAL AND GLOBAL IS A SKAM AND BLAH BLAH BLAH I DO NOT WORK FOR GLOBAL, BUT FEEL I PROBABLY COULD WRITE MY ROOM FEE OFF ON MY TAXES BECAUSE WHILE IM ON VACATION I NEVER SHUT UP ABOUT GLOBAL SO, HONESTLY DO NOT LISTEN TO PEOPLE WHO ARE ANGRY ABOUT THE FREE GIFTS THEY HAD TO JUMP THROUGH HOOPS TO GET ONLY TO REALIZE IT WASNT WORTH THE EFFORT, BECAUSE I CANT FAULT THEM FOR THER COMPLAINTS ABOUT THAT THEY ARE VALID.AND THINK ABOUT THIS WHY DID WE ALL GO LOOK AT GLOBAL ?BECAUSE WE WANTED A FREE TRIP FOR 1 WEEK .YOU HAVE JUST PURCHASED YOURSELF A LIFETIME OF AWSOME VACATIONS, TRUE IT DOES SOUND TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, THATS WHY I STARTED OUT WITH 1 STAR, AND NOW WE HAVE 2 MEMBERSHIP WITH A TOTAL OF 11 STARS.WE HAVE BEEN TO HAWAII 4 TIMES NOT COUNTING NEXT YRS 3 WEEKS, CANCUN, DISNEY, CRUISES WITH GLOBAL., COMPASS COVE IN MYRTLE WHITE OAK LODGE RESORT IN GATKLINBURG, SUNSET BAY IN OCEAN CITY, SEA TIME IN OCEAN CITY, SANDS RESORT IN MYRTLE, STAYED ON THE STRIP IN VEGAS, I COULD GO ON AND ON.PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME ID LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU

Takovan,

This is Eric Stout, I am the Operations Manager at Global Connections. Our member services phone number is 800-879-7779, or you can call me directly at (913) 660-7780. We hope to hear from you soon and look forward to servicing your travel needs.

Global Connections, Inc

• La
    Laufting ed Dec 31, 2010

Global connection post presentation gift is useful joke. One air round trip for two and two nights in Marriott hotel in reality sound this way; you have to depart only on Monday or Tuesday definitely after 3pm and return in two days departing 6am cha cha cha so how many days you really have??? ONE baby only ONE and only in the middle of the week and of course it can, t be used in the busy season.
    And for this B.S. you have to apply 90 days before your trip no later and send them a 50$ money order per each person. What the perfect brain wash. P.S We did attend the representation in Gurnee, il 12-2010

EStout Jan 03, 2011

Laufting ed

The promotions that you mention are provided by marketing companies. I would be happy to put you in touch with a representative that would be able to answer any questions that you have about the promotions you received for attending the presentation. If you have any other questions about the about our travel membership, I would be more than happy to answer them. My phone number is (913) 660-7780.

$200 charge in our account for not following the policy

We actually joines 3 years ago and have booked 1 vacation a year, we recently stayed at Beso Del Sol where ROBIN HASSLER booked us knowing I had an 18month old staying with me. They then tried to throw us out into the streets the 2nd night of our family vacation all 7 of us, because of age restrictions. Finally they did not call us back so we stayed thinking all was well until we got home and there was a $200 charge in our account for not following the policy, they theyu ignored when ROBIN HASSLER booked us!

Couldoyu

I would be more than happy to review your concerns with your membership. You can call me directly at (913) 660-7780.

Jason

I would like to get out of the membership

First of all I like to ask for Eric Stout direct phone number and 2nd how long in advance do you usually gave...

please do not waste your money with these people

We joined several months ago, and have not been able to book any vacation. We have documented several pages of back and forth communications and efforts to get our money back. Our story seems like many others. We are out the money and probably will never use this company for a vacation. Please do not waste your money with these people.

Beautiful24

Please call me at (913) 660-7780. I would be happy to go over the membership with you so you can best take advantage of its benefits. I look forward to your cal.

• Tm
    tmw9073 Aug 02, 2012

I have had a nightmare trying to get anything from GDV, the rewards or even a vacation and also members discount on consumer products. This has been a huge JOKE.

Tony W.

EStout Aug 22, 2012

Tony

You are more than welcome to contact me directly. I would be happy to review the membership with you to help take advantage of its benefits.

Global Connections
    (913) 660-7780

Resolved junk rewards

Received certificates as a reward for joining this travel club. All have been worthless so far. 1. "Free"...

Resolved not very happy with joining this company

Join this company about 3-5 months ago and I'm not very happy, went on line to request a vacation was told no spot available for this time frame have to request at least a year in advance, next joke the customer service wasn't good held on the phone for 15 mins then was hung up on(guess they were tired). Now I'm going too try one more time for Atlantic City for July and see what will happen and to think I sold my timeshare for this. ONe thing the sell force is good at telling good stories.

Stihkl,

Hello, this is Eric Stout, the operations manager for Global Connections. I would be more than to discuss the membership with you. You can call me at (913) 660-7780.

Global Connections, Inc
    (913) 660-7780

• Gr
    Grandmaof9 Feb 01, 2016

My husband and I, recently retired, joined global connections on January 16th in Dublin, Ohio, being promised some awesome and extremely cheap vacations...since the call confirming our information, it has been impossible for either of us to reach anyone by phone or make any connection to any website...talk about a scam! We were promised we would receive a contract by email and have received none! Yes, money was taken out of our account and for absolutely nothing!!! What in the world can we do...we need help! Please let me know if anyone has any ideas!!! I will not let this company get away with this gross misrepresentation of services...

• Ju
    justice 4 the victims Jul 22, 2016

Yelp, this company is definitely a scam company. So glad I didn't fall for their high pressured sale's tactics. Be ware people. Read the reviews first.

Resolved not a very easy way to find what you are looking for

I have been a member for almost a year and have a very difficult time finding member #'s and finding out how to book any vacations or look to see where they are. This is not a very easy way to find what you are looking for. For the cost it should be real easy to just sign online and look for deals you want. Has anyone any ideas or suggestions to find things easier. So far am not too happy and still paying...

Geed

My name is Eric Stout, I am the operations manger for Global Connections. You can reach member services at (800) 879-7779. They would be more than happy to assist you in using your membership. If you prefer, you can also call me directly at (913) 660-7780.

Resolved scammed

All I can say is I'm both sorry and elated to find individuals like myself that were scammed for travel...

Resolved scam alert

This company is the worst vacation club I have ever worked with. I tried to use a star week and emailed and...

Resolved buyers beware

My husband & I were suckered in by these folks. They asked what kind of trips we liked to take & we said hiking. Well, once we started looking at the offerings, we were disappointed to see no possibilities.
We also checked out the places to stay here in Daytona Beach as a measure of the quality of what GDV offers. There is NO Way we would stay in the places in our location.

We do not want to ruin a vacation by staying in a mediocre lodging. There is little flexibility in confirming a reservation or in choosing the condo.
What is interesting to me is the difference of membership costs- some are $7, 500 while others are under $2, ooo. It seems to me that getting a contractis more important than working with members to give a high level of of accommodations.
What a joke receiving the Mexico was. We attempted to work with them & had one problem after another so we never did go on the trip.
I would caution anyone considering attending a sales pitch to be very careful.
Wish we had been more discerning!!!

Blog Master Sep 23, 2010

Fred

My name is Eric Stout. I am the Operations Manager for GCI. I would be happy to go over your travel membership with you. Please call me directly at (913) 660-7780.

• Ga
    Gabe H Dec 07, 2013

Global Discovery Vacations are high pressure presentations that last 90 minutes or more especially if you do not sign up. My husband and I attended a presentation in December 2013 in Lombard, IL (Chicago area). We are extensive travelers and have no desire to do a timeshare or anything similar that takes money out of our pockets. We have attended presentations prior to this for various gifts and have never signed up due to being pressured. Everything sounds so great, but you can do your homework and stay at much nicer places for similar or less money. Get in touch with a local travel agent and be put on their email list for value trips. There are websites that give you promotions for cruises and resorts www.vacationstogo.com, need a condo go to www.homeaway.com for condos all over the world. Most importantly you can see pictures of all places before you buy. Good Luck and happy travels.

• Be
    Becky & Brian Mar 24, 2019

My husband and I were scammed by this company, anytime we ever tried to take a vacation there was never nothing in the area when we originally bought the plan they were supposed to be all over. Now they are calling wanting more money to guarantee vacation spots all over. They are just a big scam and somebody needs to do something about them

• La
    Laura A B Sep 30, 2019

Just adding to my last post - doesn't lying to a customer to get their money constitute fraud? And isn't consumer fraud illegal?? Why is this company still in business???