CenturyLink — centurylink's subcontractor cut my gas line
On Sep 16th, 2019 Century Link left a message saying they had contracted out someone to bury our intranet line. It should have already been buried. On Sept 28 we have no hot water. On Oct 4th we turn on the furnace for the first time this winter and it doesn't work. After almost two weeks without hot water we get a new one put in. Oct 9th the plumbers is trying to get the new hot water to work and finds out the house is not getting any gas. We walk to the side of the house and the gas smell is very strong. The plumber calls the city and the city discovers the gas line has been cut and the wire on top of the gas line is the Century Link intranet line. After the city fixes the gas line the furnace and hot water heater work. I am being told that Century Link doesn't think it was the gas that was the problem with my hot water heater. I want my hot water heater paid for by Century Link. We are lucky no one was killed. The subcontractor did not call 811 and get the house marked before they dug. Negligent! The photos tell the story and the city is filing a complaint for having to fix the gas line. We would appreciate Century Link doing the right thing and paying for our hot water heater that we didn't need. Thank you.
More CenturyLink Complaints & Reviews
- Global Crossing Local Services - Fraud 
- Global Crossing Local Services, Inc - Unsolicited phone calls 
- Century Link Internet - extremely slow internet service 
- [Resolved] Century Link - century link rip off 
- Century Link/prism Tv - bad service 
- Century Link - vacation plan
- CenturyLink - poor customer service and incorrect bills 
- Century Link - internet/I was told one thing and then it didn't happen.
- Centurylink Service - bad service to employee
- CenturyLink - cancellation of services