Menu

K
Author of the complaint
7:32 pm
Replied
The company left an official comment on this complaint.
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Zero stars! Same story as everyone else on here. My husband booked a room for my daughter and I. He thought he was on the actual Hampton Inn website only to realize that he was not. We were charged an extra $150.00 for that "tax crap". Here's the kicker, we cancelled within 5 minutes of the reservation and my husband was told he wasn't getting a refund. So now we are out $460.00 and no room for my daughter and I this coming weekend! This is absolutely total fraud! Using the "hotel website", thinking it's legitimate...

FYI, I informed Hampton Inn about getaroom.com's "business practices" and I was told that we need to really check the website address. If it doesn't say http//, blah, blah, blah. You shouldn't have to do something like this! IT LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE HAMPTON INN'S WEBSITE! Unfortunately, they seem to be using other hotel websites and doing the exact same thing...

We are disputing the charges with our credit card company! Never in my life have I been this frustrated. And why is no one doing anything about this company?!?! I have read so many complaints! They were sued in 2020 and the complainant won, yet they are still up to their fraudulent activities!

Helpful? 1 0
May 12, 2022 2:33 pm
Kim, We have provided a resolution regarding your review. An email has been sent to the email address associated with the reservation detailing this information. On behalf of the entire Customer Service department with Getaroom, we thank you for your feedback and apologize for any confusion and inconvenience this may have caused you. We take our customers’ reviews very seriously, and we’d like to thank you for updating your star rating for your customer service experience on ComplaintsBoard.

May 11, 2022 2:34 pm
Kim, We were able to locate your reservation. We do apologize for this experience. Please note a Customer Service Resolutions Specialist will review your case and reach out to you directly. Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

May 11, 2022 2:07 pm
Kim, We apologize for the negative experience with your online booking. Your noted booking reference number will need to be provided so that a Service Resolutions Specialist can review this and reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Sincerely,

More Getaroom complaints & reviews

Getaroom - I have a charge on my credit card that needs explaining. the name listed is cci*hotel reservation 855-707-6654 tx
Getaroom - No refund
Getaroom - Wrong room trickery
Getaroom - Huge scam
Getaroom - tax recovery charges and service fees
Getaroom - Incorrect booking date
Getaroom - Sucks!!
Getaroom - Please get a full refund and don't ruin our honeymoon!!!
Getaroom - room charge
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Getaroom - internet hotel booking service
1 comments
G
May 20, 2022 7:32 pm

Waiting for response on refund. Booked online through what I thought was Bethesdan Hotel website which redirected to Getaroom. I called Bethesdan to cancel and it took a very long time to find my reservation then they told me I didn’t book it through Hilton. I said no I went online to your hotel which I then found out was getaroom third party. Several calls and emails without resolution. Never heard of such such a scam of non refundable hotel room. I can’t afford to lose this money and I’m so upset with the Bethesdan Hotel Hilton using a third party booking website. Help please resolve my concern.

Ellen G

0 0
ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

398 complaints