Having problems with Georgia Power?

Georgia Power reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 12, 2008. The latest review Acct #18186-13072 was posted on Sep 13, 2021. The latest complaint abuse of poor/disabled disconnected with oxygen machine was resolved on Nov 28, 2012. Georgia Power has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 186 reviews. Georgia Power has resolved 21 complaints.

Georgia Power Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 660 5890 (All Residential Customer Service)
+1 888 655 5888 (Business Customer Service)
+1 888 891 0938 (Report a Power Outage)
241 Ralph McGill Blvd NE 10th fl Bin 10105
SatClosed
SunClosed
Georgia Power Payments
96 Annex, Atlanta, Georgia 30396

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Georgia Power Customer Service. Initial Georgia Power complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Georgia Power above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Georgia Power. Discuss the issues you have had with Georgia Power and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Georgia Power Complaints & Reviews, Page 6

Georgia Power — power problem

I paid my power bill today and when I get home from work, my power is OFF. I called customer service & they...

Georgia Powerelectricity

I am Lucille Taylor at 615 South Hairston Road for service address and I now have a prepaid account pain at least 75.00 to 100 and 115 dollars a month we're with the old account with the old meter and with the old bill I was paying anywhere from $90 a week to 110 to $120 a week and even though I can actually prove with documentation and documentation dating back to 2011 I can prove I did not owe the money that Georgia Power was claiming and is now taking a percentage of money from the new prepaid account to put it on an old account that has never been dealt with Georgia power is deceitfully taking money from an old account with an old meter even though I have fought and I have lasted out Beyond their deceitfulness and their rudeness and I have a prepaid account with a brand new meter showing I only pay $100 a month which is what I've always been should have been charged but the old account with the old bill and the old meter has a $640 deposit attached to it and there in Georgia power is taking money from the prepaid account to take care of the old deposit with old fees and an old bill because their house never burnt $400 a month and unfortunately it was said that we would negotiate and considering I have had physical injuries I've been in the hospital not only in the hospital but I have had to actually use of generator along with my fireplace and a kerosene heater because of the the physical as in as well the financial distress that I have been left and I Georgia power for shutting my lights off in 2015 in March of 2015 and not being able to get my lights back on legally until August of 2017 and I can still prove Georgia power is in the wrong but nobody wants to deal with it but they are under handedly and sneaking and deceitfully taking money off of the brand new prepaid account with a brand new meter which is ridiculous and I have still not been compensated for the revenue lost coming into the house and as well my physical injuries and the stress involved that sent me to the hospital Georgia power is not taking responsibility for the unsavory practices that have been exposed anyone looking at my new bill right now we'll actually see that that is my usage and it was my usage since 2011 Georgia power is not above the laws of Ethics or morals or legal proceedings but unfortunately the consumer protection laws for disabled seniors and low-income families is not being enforced against Georgia Power that's the only reason this is going on right now and I'm still angry because I have not been compensated for what I went through going without my lights when I can actually prove Georgia Power was abusive and overcharged and is now taking money off a prepaid account to put on an old couch that has two positive and fees there's something wrong with that

Georgia Powerelectrical service

We've been Georgia Power customers for almost 25 years at this same address.
    We are new to the insurance business and our pay is not always predictable, yet so far our power has never had to be disconnected.
    Yet because we were late, Georgia Power is now assessing us a fee of $150 to be added to our next bill.

Why don't they waive this fee in light of all the times we've had power outages, when there were no storms or rain, and they couldn't tell us why?

Georgia Powerservice disconnected

I'm writing to document a recent situation I encountered with Ga Power. I was out of town for a week with my 5yr old who was receiving radiation therapy for his recent diagnosis of Leukemia. As to my surprise when I returned home after the hospital stay I found Ga Power had shut off my Power due to the non payment of an astronomical bill of 90.00 dollars. I completely admit and do not dispute the fact I was behind on the bill however a phone call or an email would of been nice to receive before completely shutting off my electricity. My son's medical condition requires him to be on home Oxygen therapy which requires power and also the medication he takes multiple times a day requires refrigeration which as everyone knows requires power also. A child fighting a battle with cancer results in an enormous amount of physical and emotional stress alone and then adding having to deal with Ga Powers complete lack of customer service skills and unprofessionalism added more stress that my family did not need. So I immediately called customer service to make payment arrangements so it could be reconnected. I explained my situation hoping to get a timeframe of when my power might be restored for the medical situation we were dealing with. Well, that was a HUGE mistake on my part. The closest time frame I could get was before 5pm even though I had made the payment by 9:30am that morning. I understand that there are other customers the technicians are dealing with but I was thinking given the nature of my my sons medical situation that my asking of maybe a two hour window wouldn't of been to much. Anyway talking with multiple people and supervisors I had no luck. So I am beyond unhappy and upset with Ga Power over this simple request. Customer service does not exist with this company and if people had options of a few power companies I guarantee you this would not happen and Ga Power would be out of business! I'm taking this up the chain as far as possible and for as long as it takes to make the company and individuals accountable for providing a necessity for people without even the slightest hint of customer service or respect for their customers.

Georgia Powerreestablishing service..

Continued to call.. To reestablish service, occupant Willam Pendleton living at 3031 Storey Drive, walked out of the home and no longer lives there. Been trying for 2 weeks to talk to a Supervisor to get my service on in my name. For pre pay. Was advised to send in a new lease stating that He no longer lives there. Called customer service again on
        Nov 01, 2017.. Trying to send in new lease, customer representative informed me that I couldn't. Requested to ask to talk to a Supervisor and one was not available. Every time I try to talk to customer service, a Supervisor never returns my call.

Georgia Power A Southern Companyelectrical power

After fighting with Georgia power from December of 2011 up until May of 2013 it was shown and it was discovered that Georgia power over charge me and had two poles connected to my meter it was suggested to Georgia power and not told because I was told that Georgia power is a private entity and nobody can tell them what to do but they did correct going back only six months after fighting them for almost two years after that they continue to turn my lights on and off on and off even though I solicit the help of the commission over Public Utilities my lights did come on not once but twice because it was proven that they were over charging me and no payment had to be made to get my lights turned on even after I showed the evidence that I had a wood burning fireplace and a generator from October of 2014 my lights was still shut off and deposit and fees was attached to my account as of March 8th of 2015 and I went without lights from March 8th of 2015 up until August of 2017 when it was suggested after I complained enough to the right people that I was able to get a prepaid account the old account with the old meter and the old bill is still being collected a percentage of money off the new prepaid account is being put towards deposit fee and usage that was not used the old bill old account and old meter was supposed to be negotiated with me someone was supposed to contact me but instead of contacting me they underhandedly and deceitfully is taking a percentage of the amount of money I put on the prepaid account for the old bill with the old meter and the old account number no one from Georgia Power wants to face the fact that they made a mistake and yes I will not because I owed a hellacious bill but because they were charging me 450 to $500 a month for a wood burning fireplace and a generator during the winter months of since October of 2014 up until August of 2017 after going without power for so long and after understanding and being told that there was no consumer protection laws protecting me from the abusive actions of Georgia Power I finally contacted someone who spoke with Georgia power and they did offer me the prepaid account I now keep that prepaid account up and running I can pay it the same way I was paying my Georgia power bill before they started excessively charging me and I still have the proof that it was excessive charges and they are percentage that's being taken out of my prepaid account should be discussed and negotiated not just taken away from me that's like stealing I have a new meter a new prepaid account and a new bill which should not reflect the old bill at all unless someone negotiates or talks to me about what happened how it happened the fees and deposits that have been added to the account of the old bill with the old meter and the old account number should not even be seen or reflect the new account because it's two different situations I've had too much heart heart ache headache and as well physical injuries due to the abusive action of Georgia Power yes I am angry in Georgia Power has taken advantage of the fact that there is no consumer protection laws protecting us from their abuse attorneys who have won against Georgia Power refused to go back up against them because they said they are to deceitful and evasive

Respond

Georgia Powerdamage to circuit breakers and central gas heat system

on Monday 10-23-17 there was a brief storm that knocked trees on wires in the proximity of 192 elm lane Rabun gap, Georgia.30568 Your crews showed up fairly quickly. a call was sent in my Deborah Crews for emergency, the current resident at 192 Elm Lane. When the crew left the power came on. Ms. Crews called me (I am the owner of the house ) and said she had half power and several circuit breakers were blown. She said Georgia power called her back with the courtesy call and she let them know something was very wrong. The crew came back and found more limbs on wires in the adjacent area.. This fixed the power. She then told me her heat would not come on?? I went back to the house and found the breaker feeding the power to the forced gas heat was blown and the plug used to power the unit was black and burnt, I called my regular hvac guy and he is in the process of testing the blinking codes on the circuit boards.
            This power surge from the wire repair obviously damaged my system.
            You will be getting a bill.

George A. Sendelbach
            1032 Moses Rd

Rabun Gap, GA 30568
            [protected]

Please respond vis phone and email if needed [protected]@aol.com

Georgia Powerutility

Georgia power is far worst the worst company ever especially their Customer Service. Unfortunately, we have no alternative. . My business ck ac info was recently stolen. I have to change my ac #. I updated the info in their website. However, because I've 2 acs and their system only update one. The fund was returned and they charged me $30 fee. I tried to explained them, Their CS is rude. They don't care and said this is my fault for not checking probably. I have to pay for it.

Georgia Powerextremely high priced

Georgia power is far worst the worst company ever. Unfortunately they charge what they want because this is something people need. I always get behind in the summer time because the prices almost triple. I have never been disconnected ever, If an arrangement been made, I make sure it's kept.. They threw a deposit on my bill because of arrangements that's always been paid. What's even sadder is, if someone have to make an arrangement because of Georgia power ridiculous prices. Why the world would they throw a deposit on an paid account... Obviously they need time or even help paying it.

Georgia Power /GA Right of way — incompetent employees

They have been cutting/pruning trees in the area to clear right of way to power lines. When I get home I...

Georgia Powerentire business

Georgia Power is absolutely the worst utility company to EVER do business with. I had a payment arrangement set up for today, 9/21/17. I made the payment this morning and not even 5 minutes later, someone was at my house disconnecting my power stating that payment had been due the day before. Due to either computer or human error, the due date was entered incorrectly in their system. They would not reconnect power until I made a 2nd payment. My checking account is now overdrawn by almost the entire amount of the 2nd payment. I hope Georgia Power is prepared to pay any and all insufficient fund fees my bank charges me

• Updated by Darla Fox · Sep 22, 2017

Just received a call from the executive offices of Georgia Power. They were absolutely no help. All I received from them was an apology. An apology doesn't correct the overdrawn balance in my checking account!

Respond

Georgia Powerthe power guys shooting the crap for two hours after I haven't had power for four days.

I haven't had power in four days now. Your crew over off old mill creek rd on this day 9/15/17 took an hour to eat. Drove down the road took five minutes to cut a tree and have now stood there by the Trucks for an hour talking. Not doing anything not fixing the power lines nothing. I have videos and I will be sending it to the news. Make this right or I will. I will blast this on every news cast with the videos. Four days now without power while your crew takes their sweet time.

Georgia Powerpower outage

We live at 1428 Fern Dr Macon Ga 31210, your website said would have power back on at 10:[protected], still no power, your website is a joke and your customer service sucks, there is not even a power truck working in our neighborhood now, why do you lie on your website, I would never recommend your company for anything and if there is ever an alternative power I will drop you fast.I checked where trucks are supposed to be working and there or none there, your company lies and just plain sucks

Georgia Powerpower outage

I am aware of how difficult it has been to restore power after hurricane Irma, but we have been without power for 3 days now at college circle and the neighbors behind us have power already. The trees have been removed and we have received notices that it will be done each night saying it will be restored by 10 pm and it keeps updating to the next day. The traffic light at the corner of our street has also been out.

GA Powerpower outage

Ga Power sent a crew of men to our subdivision Rainbow Village in Gainesville Ga on Sept 12, 2017 around 9:00am and they looked at the tree was wrapped around the power lines . The crew lefted our subdivision at 10:00am and did nothing about it.

Ga Power sent a crew of men to our subdivision Rainbow Village in Gainesville Ga on Sept 14, 2017 around 4:30 pm and they looked at the tree was wrapped around the power lines . The crew lefted again and did nothing about it.

We as 6-7 Neighborhoods including ours which is Rainbow Subdivision need Ga Power to come back before Sunday Sept. 17, 2017 . We are thinking about suing for pain and suffering and damages . We have a lot of retired and Senior citizen people that are suffering because of their mistakes. they should know better to let us go without power this long. The crew of men left our subdivision laughing at 5:00pm. when they should have called for help to do the work.

Georgia Powerpower outage

We are aware of the challenges and difficulties of restoring power to the millions affected in GA by Hurricane Irma. We are also concerned with a lack of effort to involve more assistance from MS Power and AL Power to restore power more quickly and efficiently.

Thompson Mill Rd in Lithonia, GA (near the intersection of Miller Rd and Panola Rd. has a total of FOUR trees. It is very unfortunate that the zipcode of 30038 has been overlooked and left for last. More affluent areas with FAR LESS damage(and fewer impacted) have been restored. The homes with $296k value near N. Druid have already been restored; not to mention those affected near GA 400 and in Brookhaven.

Creekside Apartments were also impacted by this outage. The entire street of Thompson Mill has been impacted; in addition to the communities alongside this road. A crew visited the location long enough to place yellow caution tape at the area. We are PLEADING for assistance in this matter! We should not be discriminated against and placed at the BOTTOM of the restoral list just b/c we are everyday working people with $100k homes! We hope to use social media including news coverage, Twitter, FB, Instagram and Snapchat to bring awareness to this horrible concern.

power outage
                            power outage

Georgia Powerpower outage

Yes I live at 109 Howard Drive East Brunswick Georgia 31520 I live in a community that is surrounded by elderly individuals and a lot of home have no family support yet we have no power and on a monthly basis the last two months my bill has almost exceeded $500 and it's day three of me without having power yet just of the road on Highway 341 all businesses have power traffic lights have been restored and yet not one truck from Georgia power or any other power company has been in my neighborhood to try to restore a power and the last update that I got from Georgia Power was yesterday at 3:47 p.m. this is totally unacceptable and we need help immediately

Georgia Powertimely service/quality of service

We would like the CEO's and Management at Georgia Power to make every effort to treat "all" of their customers in a fair manner. When monies are due for payment of services, GA Power does not hesitate to disconnect your service for lack of payment. Therefore, a good business practice would be to upgrade old sub stations such as Bethsaida and Old National to guarantee and ensure those customers get the service you DEMAND they pay for. For a period of 5 years citizens have endured black-outs in the cold of winter/ heat of summer, and now in severe weather. It is unacceptable for the elderly, disabled, and hardworking citizens to be denied a timely restoral and repair in any area. But, in this community it occurs and the claim is factual. The Citizens are requesting upgrades and expansion immediately of the antiquated sub station. We deserve consistent and quality service. We refuse to be overlooked any more.
                                cc: Governor's Office of Consumer Affairs
                                Better Business Bureau
                                Mayor of South Fulton

Georgia Powerwebsite

During the aftermath of hurricane Irma I've been watching the website closely for updates on the outages, especially my home. Much to my surprise, today (9/12) the website is taken down for maintenance during regular business hours. To make matters worse the local offices are closed making it next to impossible for updates. Shabby! I'm not asking for a miracle but perhaps considering website maintenance during off peak hours would be better.

Georgia Powerelectricity home

Every time there's a power shortage this neighborhood over here a small black neighborhood in the Peters residence Clark Drive and Dale you never turn all lights and Power on to the last thing I'm loving complaint I'm going to take it to the Muse unless I power is turned on within 2 hours I think we've been without power long enough everybody's around us has power