GEICOclaims scam

On March 7, 2017 I was rear ended in the state of New Jersey by a Mercedes Benz. At the time of accident me and my brother were in the car and driving at a normal speed of 25-30 miles per hour as we crossed the intersection but the other insured Mr. Nicholas Danna was driving recklessly and rear ended into my car. We called the police as me and my brother suffered from severe back pain at the time of impact. During regular questioning Nicholas lied to the officer and stated that he rear ended into my car because a blue chevy truck slammed into him pushing him into my car. And he claimed the truck did not stop – hit and run case. But the truth is that there was no truck behind him and no one slammed into him. It was his fault completely as he was distracted and hit my car from the back. Police officer did his investigation and decided that Driver 2 (Mr. Nicholas Danna) was at fault. The officer did mention in his report as well that Nicholas Danna was at fault.

Once we got home I called the claims department to report the accident. The claims handling representative who I spoke to took all my information. In my first call with the claims department I clearly mentioned that I was hit from the back and Nicholas is has given incorrect information to the officer and is claiming to be hit from the back by a truck. His tail light was already broken and bumper had scratches.

Next day – I got a call from Mr. Erik Daniel (Claim examiner assigned for my case). He took my recorded statement and in my statement I repeated exactly what happened and I also told him that Nicholas has lied to the officer and is claiming to be hit from the back by a truck because he doesn’t want to accept his fault and liability and at the same time wants Geico to get his car fixed from front and back.

Real Issue – Even after urging repeatedly that Nicholas is lying BUT NOONE BELIEVED MY STATEMENT and some days later I was told by Erik that the they have concluded their investigation and they believe Nicholas was hit from the back because he had a lot of damage onto his bumper. Nicholas even tried to amend the police report but the Police officer was also not convinced by his statement and clearly mentioned that Driver 2 is at fault but Michelle Cloen (Nicholas claim examiner) did not accept the Police report too and were not ready to accept the liability.

I was really frustrated and upset because my car was damaged badly from the accident and even though I was not at fault I had to pay for my liability per the outcome. Finally I decided to take things in my hand and I went around the area like a mad man going from one shop to another in the area and asking them if anyone saw anything from March 7th accident. Sometimes I was even asked to come back to the shop/gas station by the employees to speak to other employees who worked there at that time. Then finally after few days of running around I finally got to know from one of the bicycle shop owners that there is a camera at the intersection where the accident happened and I can go to the police station to request a video footage. By this time I was already informed by the claims department that they cannot help me further because they completed their investigation and they don’t think it is Nicholas fault. The next day I obtained the video footage from the police department. As the video was big in size I could not upload on Geico website and so I worked on it all night to take screenshot of every second of the footage and upload it on the website. And I even send the original video footage dvd to the claims office by UPS.

Conclusion – After all the headaches I finally sent the dvd that proved that Nicholas lied to the police officer, Geico and to everyone. And finally Nicholas was found at fault. But by this time I had already gone through a lot of trauma, pain, suffering to do the investigation myself and go running around with my bad back pain. And what I got from Geico is nothing but a slap on my face that even though I constantly said that Nicholas is lieing they did not believe me at all. I even called the Geico special investigation unit and left them a couple of voicemails. I did not get any calls from anyone yet.

This is NOT OVER YET. My car is brand new with just 4700 miles driven. It was fixed but you can still tell by just looking at it that the car was in an accident. My car value has gone down. And for this reason I claimed for diminished value. I get a called from the Auto adjuster supervisor that even though my claim is just for $4200 they can just pay $1500 for it. This is really ridiculous because they are just low balling and trying to save money. They don’t care of what mental torture I went through and what trauma I am still going through after the accident.