GE Refrigerator — General Electric treats its customers with disrespect!
I bought a high-end GE refrigerator about a year ago. Shortly after it arrived, it lost all freon. It took a week for GE to send someone to look at it and offer a diagnosis. When the part arrived a month later, it turned out not to address the problem. It turned out that the unit had been dropped on its side and had a broken part in the back. It took another two months for them to finally fix it. We were without a refrigerator for a total of three months, and they had our money already.
I tried to push this process along, but GE didn't even list a phone number or an email address for customer support on their website! When I was able to find a phone number, the people I talked to seemed to neither understand nor care about my problem. It was as if they were incapable of understanding the simplest things, and adopted a defensive attitude to diminish their own responsibility.
Any refrigerator can chill food; what you're really buying is customer service. Unless GE improves their customer service drastically, don't buy their appliances. If something goes wrong, they may take months to fix it.
Given the trend of the times, I presume that the money that should have been spent on warranty service went for jet planes for the top executives. General Electric treats its customers with disrespect, and doesn't deserve your patronage.
More GE Refrigerator Complaints & Reviews
- GE Refrigerator - Door Rusting (interior)
- GE Refrigerator - This will be my last GE appliance!
- GE Refrigerator - Poor mechanical design
- GE Refrigerator - total junk
- GE Refrigerator - Waiver
- Hotpoint / GE Appliances - Fridge Freezer
- My Hotpoint WMUD 942K UK Washing Machine - washing machine
- Hotpoint / GE Appliances - customer and technician services
- Hotpoint / GE Appliances - hotpoint washing machine
- GE Refrigerator - Overcharged for service work