Gap Inc.I will never buy anything from gap and will advise all my friends to stay away from gap

P

I purchased a pair of pants from Gap store. When I tried to return it to the store. I was told they can't do it because the item was a final sale. I called the customer service and was told the item was not a final sale when I purchased it but it passed 30 days. I cannot return it with my receipt. What the store should do was return this item without receipt and offer a store credit instead. However, the amount will be whatever the final sale price was. I asked the represntative over the phone to look up the final sale price but was told they couldn't do it. They told me to go to the store again and have them check the price there. People in the store "Should Be" able to check the price (not guarantee). If the people in the store don't know how to do that, they can call in the customer service center for assistance. I found it very inconvenience. I need to go back and forth to the store and call in customer service. It's such waste of time. I will never buy anything from Gap and will advise all my friends to stay away from Gap.

• Ke
    Kelly May 02, 2009

On-line promotions at Gap.com are confusing without clear indicators on merchandise that qualifys for discounts. When you proceed to the checkout process and enter a promotion code there is not an indicator that the merchandise does not qualify for the promotion. It wasn't until the purchase was complete that I fully realized I would not be receiving the promotional price. I called their online call center immediately and the supervisor was exteremly rude. She also indicated that babyGap Home is a vendor and not the Gap. How would a consumer know that and why would it matter when it is a tab on their website. The Gap has not given me a price adjustment. I have filed a complaint with my state Attorney General.