Having problems with Hot Topic?

Hot Topic reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 4, 2008. The latest review Shoes was posted on Jun 24, 2021. The latest complaint disgraceful non existent online service was resolved on Nov 18, 2014. Hot Topic has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 42 reviews. Hot Topic has resolved 5 complaints.

Hot Topic Customer Service Contacts

+1 626 603 3182 (International)
18305 San Jose Avenue
City of Industry, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Hot Topic Customer Service. Initial Hot Topic complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Hot Topic above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Hot Topic. Discuss the issues you have had with Hot Topic and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Hot Topic Complaints & Reviews

Hot TopicShoes

I purchased a pair of White Doc Martins look alike boots from Hot Topic online in Jan 2020. They sent an email saying they went on back order. Then covid came along and I never received the boots. I tried calling them, emailing and to no avail. So I'm out a cute pair of boots Plus my money and they still carry the boots!! Very disappointed in the system and customer service. I find it extremely unacceptable And I can't imagine the amount of money they gained and customers lost during this period. Companies that steal from their customers should not be aloud to do business.

Shoes

Mar 05, 2021

Hot Topic — Wasn't allowed in store

I was not allowed into the store with my two u wet age children because the girl at the door deemed my mask...

Hot TopicCollectible toys

I ordered colletctible toy/figures (Aliens movie Reaction Figures) and they were shipped to me in a bag vs. a box, therefore the cardboard backing that the toys are attached to is damaged.

When purchasing/collecting items of this nature, they are not intended to be played with or even opened and taken out of the plastic/off of the cardboard backing, therefore the cardboard backing and plastic housing the toy/figure is an extension of the toy/figure itself.

I've contacted Hot Topic and they refuse to replace my order stating that if the toy/figure itself is not damaged they are not responsible. However, Hot Topic should realize that many of these toys/collectibles value is automatically decreased if the original box/package is marred or damaged. So they should never be shipping these type of items in a bag.

How can I get my item(s) replaced?

1 Response
      • Quannell Johnson Sep 21, 2020

Hi Divandnvr!

I have reviewed your note about your toys. What child cares about the packaging of his toy? Kids want to play with the action figure, not the box! I'm sure your kids will still enjoy the toys even if the boxes are slightly bent.

I'm sure you understand that it's impossible for anyone to guarantee that the boxes for a product will not be damaged during shipping. The boxes are designed to take this damage to prevent their contents from being damaged!

I hope this clears things up!

May 24, 2019

Hot Topic — the cashier

This store did not have the size of shirt I was looking for. So I went to go to the cashier to see if I could...

Toronto

Hot Topic — employee named stephanie

We were in the Silverdale Hot Topic last Saturday. Every question we asked Stephanie, she gave a rude answer...

HotTopic.com — customer service at reno meadowwood mall location

I don't feel like rewrite the whole experience again, so I'm pasting what I submit to their...

Hot Topic — problem with an employee at daytona beach

Hello, my name is Ashante and I wanted to complain about an employee my best friend had an issue with. My...

Hot Topic — supernatural muscle tee

I have been wanting this shirt for a quite a long time now but have never had the money to get it. I finally...

Hot Topiccash is king but exercise some good judgment and common sense

I am a big fan of the movie IT and my friend told me today that Hot Topic released a new exclusive -- Pennywise in the Gutter pop figure scene. I called around different Hot Topics and they were all sold out except for the store at Stonebriar Mall in Frisco, TX (they had 4). Excited... I told them I was on my way to pick up one . I drove from Dallas (about 45-55 mins) and when I got there... one of the ladies told me in a very "smiley, cheerful demeanor"... oh... we sold out... somebody bought them all 30 mins before you got here. Hot Topic Management - I know CASH IS KING and if YOU SNOOZE, YOU LOSE but do exercise some discretion. When you are selling an exclusive item -- please be mindful of your other customers. Why was it ok to sell 4 of the same exclusive item to one customer? Wasted my time... Yup -- one star in my books.

Hot Topic — sales associate

Today I purchased a 21 Pilots lanyard from Hot Topic in Bakersfield, California and I was not welcomed and I...

Hot Topic — online ordering and customer service / don't do it!!!

I placed an order for a shirt on 12/02/2017. The charge was immediately taken out of my account and I wa...

Lockport

Hot Topicmy order & no customer service

I placed an order online Dec 5th, got a confirmation email with order #DH2008876978
        However 9 days later & it still says "in processing"??? I've sent 2 emails, & no one has replied, I've been calling the customer service all day someone was to return my call within an hour & it's been 3 1/2 hrs no call back! So I'm on hold now for 20 mins so far...
        I even tried calling a local hot topics to see if they could help me but I guess they take phone off hook cuz it's constant busy signal! THIS IS REDICULOUS! I WANT MY STUFF OR MY MONEY BACK!!!
        ANGRY CUSTOMER,
        Betsy Neil

Respond

Hot Topiconline purchases that have not arrived

Hi
          I ordered two shirts from hot topic on line and received notification in the 15 October that they had been sent via DHL.

They still have not arrived.
          The DHL tracking number is not a valid tracking number.

I contacted Hot Topic on the 15 November and was told to wait longer.

This is the response from Hot Topic below:
          Re: (CID:cb8078709c6t06nrhd)

Hey Kate,

Thanks for emailing us at Hottopic.com!

We would be more than happy to assist you. Order DH2007536440 has been shipped as of 10/17, per the DHL tracking number [protected]. Please keep in mind that international orders can take up to 21 business days for delivery. As stated on the DHL website, the carrier is currently experiencing a delay and tracking information may be missing for certain orders. We recommend allowing a few additional business days for an update to appear on the carrier's website, if for any reason you still are unable to see an update please contact us back so that we can further assist. We appreciate your patience and thank you for shopping with Hot Topic.

I have contacted them again twice more requesting that they find my items or refund my money. They have failed to respond to my emails.
          Total purchase was $80

Regards

Kate France

online purchases that have not arrived
          online purchases that have not arrived

Hot Topic — customer service

I made a purchase on hot topic online store on nov. 27th 2017, I waited for 9 days to receive a shipping...

Hot Topiconline ordering

I ordered several things online. They had no problem taking the money off my card, but I received no confirmation # or order #.. I called them to waste over a hour of my time to be told they canceled the order but didn't charge me.. They did charge me I have statement records to prove it and I couldn't get a straight answer from your so called customer service.. I am filling fraud charges against your company with my bank.. Seems like several people have had the same issues..

Hot Topicdon't use them

Forget about buying anything from this website. They never deliver. It doesn't depend on a season. Frankly, I would like to talk to people who received their packages.
              I ordered several sweaters for a cold weather in September. Haven't received anything yet, even though it's almost winter outside. Well, of course, I won't die, but it cost me 300 dollars, so maybe then you will refund?
              I asked them the same question via email. No response.
              Well, today I will send one more and give them a link to this complaint. Maybe they will start moving their a777s.

Hot Topiccustomer service

My package came damaged. My Funko POP!'s box was also damaged. I understand that Fedex has more than likely been at fault. However, after contacting Hot Topic's customer service. I was told scuffs and variations are to be expected. I don't believe they understand the difference between damage and variation. I was told they would only take further action if the Pop itself was damaged. I collect these and expect the boxes to be in good condition also. I was not offered a replacement or any type of gift card. They should not expect any future purchases from this household.

customer service
                customer service

1 Response
                  • Po
                    pobarjenkins Nov 11, 2017

You may want to attempt to file a damaged delivery claim with FedEx. I'm not sure if it will result in anything, but it can't hurt. Have you tried going into the store and asking to swap your figure with the same one as an even exchange?

Hot Topic — rude cashier experience

Don't get me wrong, I love Hot Topic and am a regular at this location. So far, I have had only one bad...

Hot Topic — bad customer service

On August 4th I bought some items including a shirt which I tried to return September 2, 2017. Your receipt...

Hot Topic — received fake money as change; associates provided awful service and kept my money

On 7/29/17, I purchased three shirts for my daughter and paid by debit card ($49.80). My daughter came up and...