FYEvip card

O

Went to Fye bought 2 posters when I payed I used my debit card the clerk says hey do you want to check out our Vip club all we need is your email and you get 10% off I said sure told her my email got 10% off was filled with joy...I check my bank statement 2 weeks later and they have started to charge me 10 dollors a month every month on the card witch I used for the purchase never did I sign up for this or agree to be charged they just started it without my permission I called and canceled it and what do I see next month anouther charge on my account for 10 dollors for Vip FYE club. So I had to go down to my bank in person fill out a forum for fraud and cancel my card to stop any other purchases...what a pain in my A$$

• Sh
    shizzdashizz Nov 30, 2009

i agree!!! im sixteen years old. I went to fye to buy my earphones & this cashier said that if i want a discount card.. i asked him if its free, and he said yes. he didnt say that THEY GET freaking $10. every month!! i got overdraft because of this stupid discount card!! i called fye and asked them how to cancel my card.. they gave me the wrong number! hopefully i can get my $ 40 back! or else!!!

im never gonna go there again!!! stupid cashier!!!

• Tr
    Truthful01 Dec 15, 2009

This is an absurd complaint. I am an assistant manager at an FYE store and I can tell you that it was your fault for signing the agreement. Yes I said agreement-this is required so you can't sue the company. Your account wouldn't have been activated without your signature. The company gives you two slips to sign when you sign up for a VIP. Your signature is required when you pay by debit/credit (as most places require) and one for the agreement. Also- shizzdashizz you are lying. We are NOT allowed to offer VIP's to minors. If we enter your d.o.b. in the system it would reject the clerk from signing you up. This is obviously done to protect the companys ### from lawsuits as well. Get with it people. Seriously...

• Ni
    nighttime1337 Dec 24, 2009

I agree with shizzdashizz. When my uncle and I signed up, they told us it was 100% free. They never said anything about cancellation or how much money we'd need to spend per month. All they told us was that we'd get discounts. That was it. We signed up, thinking "ok. works for me" and then WHAM. I'm reading the instructions and rewards crap on the FYE mini packet they handed me, and it says 11.99 a month! A MONTH! THAT IS SOOOOOO NOT WORTH IT! FYE needs to make that statemen more clear! GOD!

• Re
    redblue Jan 06, 2010

yeah, this is ###. i am livid, i will write a formal complaint to the company and then to the better business bureau.

• Lr
    LRB Feb 03, 2010

Actually the additional discounts for the card may be useful. The $11.99 a month also gives you 1000s of coupons nation wide. Khols for example gives you 15% off online purchases with the card. My parents just save $300 on a Carnival Cruise. You also get credit card protection as well.

I cancelled mine, because I only wanted the one free month, but the point is you have to READ the agreement.

• Pi
    pissedofflady3 Mar 09, 2011

About five months ago... I signed up for the VIP membership at FYE music store in the mall and they made it sound so easy. They said the first month is free. after the first two months you get at $20 gift card... after the first few months it costs $11.99 for the monthly fee. ok ok... sounds easy right. Well first of all the 10% discount on all purchases isnt worth it. you need to spend about $120 dollars in the store to make the in store discount even worth it, which isnt even worth it lol. i figured i would try it out for at least a couple months and in the end i would at least get a $20 gift card, which i didnt even get!! well... i dont shop at FYE very often maybe once or twice a month. so i decided i would close my account there. i thought it would be easy to close... but they dont let you close your account in the store. well i lost my membership card... and they said it would cost 6 weeks to get a new card. but you need to have your membership number to close your account over the phone...which i didnt have the membership number because it was on my card. which i had to go online to find the phone number to the company. they dont have an option online to close your VIP account. so i called the number and talked to someone who barely spoke english... and told her i wanted to close my account... I SAID NO when she asked if i wanted to keep my membership for a lower fee... i clearly said NO. and i found a month later they charged me 9.99 on my debit card... they over drew my account with out my permission... my bank then charged me 35 for the overdraft fee... it wasnt even worth it. all that hassel... not worth the time

• Dp
    DPayne0723 May 29, 2011

unauthorized, unexplainable monthly charges on credit card

• Ev
    EvilPoptart666 Jan 31, 2013

Same thing happened to me! I was asked about the VIP card and I said sure, he told me it was a month free and that I had to register my card to sign up after that... with that said, I don't normally shop at FYE, I think twice in 10 years... anyways, 2 months in a row I noticed I have been charged 11.99!!! I DID NOT ever register my card, so how is this taking money out? I don't have the packet they gave me nor the card, I threw them out when I cleaned my car because I only wanted the free month... And the guy who said he works for FYE, may I suggest that you tell your district/regional mangers that they need to have better training in selling the VIP cards, because from the looks of it, I'm not the only one who got scammed.

• Li
    liesandlovenotes Feb 21, 2013

It was your fault. The small little paper explained that tour card was going to be charged and you signed it..next time read before you sign