Having problems with FYE?

+1 877 351 2131 (Customer Service)
+1 866 766 0251 (Spanish Language)
+1 877 813 4977 (Magazine Subscriptions)
1425 Central Avenue
Fri9:00 AM - 11:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

continued charges after cancel request

It all started out with an innocent DVD purchase at FYE in Florence KY. ATM/POS WITHDRAWAL 09/25 FYE FLORENCE...

fraud

during christmas shopping bought a game from fye offered one time charge to participate in program to save 10 percent off purchase. today i check my bank account to find 11.99 taken from my credit/debit card account. i tried to call and cancel because for one i didnt even know i was going to be charged monthly to go through a series of automated prompts which after 15 minutes never spoke to a human being to cancel this program. this is very time consuming and very concerning that they dont share with you that it will be a monthly charge coming out of your account. i want to cancel and can not. this is so wrong.

scammed by &vip&

I went to FYE recently to buy a movie. No big deal. He asked me if I wanted to join a FREE (stressed the ""Free") club to get 10% off my order. I figured it was like a Stop and Shop card, buy some stuff, get a discount, get points, etc.
Nope. Apparently it's only free to sign up. They'll charge you 11.99 every month. And you CAN'T opt out before they charge you (They literally would not let me). I did not come to find out about this until today, as they charged me YESTERDAY (more than a month after my purchase, roughly a month after I complained).

Not only am I going through my receipts to return whatever I bought from them, I am never returning to shop there, AND I am going to demand a charge back on my account.

id

I went to FYE about a week ago to purchase some gifts, I had about 250.00 worth of things to purchase, which...

lying to make a sale

Went to the Pittsfield FYE (store # 00600) and saw a cardboard cutout. I spoke with the store clerk to purchase one and was told the floor model was all that was left. I inquired about when more would be coming in as my daughter would love this for a christmas present and was told they were not getting anymore in and if I wanted it I should by it now because it was the last one and the item went fast. So naturally I bought this one out of its packaging and wrapped with a rubber band. Then in Dec I go to this same store to make a dvd purchase and find a box full of these same cardboard cutouts. I call the store to explain how iI was sold the item under false pretenses and to see if I could get an even exchange and am told that there is nothing that can be done because the purchase is over a month old and that the sale clerk did nothing wrong as at the time they were not getting more in and the only reason they got mre in at this time was because christmas was coming. Upon voicing my disatisfaction with their blantant sales trickery I mention that this is not the type of place I would want to do my shopping and am told "That is fine." So much for customer service. This compnay obviously feels they can do whatever they want to make a sale and treat their customers poorly. I will never shop here again.

bad holding policy

I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE ACTUAL POLICY IS ON HOLDING ITEMS. ONE WEEK I GO IN AND THEY SAY IT'S 7 DAYS, THE NEXT WEEK IT'S 24 HOURS. FINALLY TODAY I WAS TOLD IT'S 48 HOURS. ALL I WANTED WAS TO HOLD A SEASON FOR 7 DAYS WHICH I HAVE DONE ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS. I AM IN THIS STORE ONCE A WEEK AND SPEND 100 DOLLARS EVERY WEEK IF NOT MORE. I ALSO PAY OUT AND ADDITIONAL 10 DOLLARS A MONTH FOR THEIR LOYALTY MEMBER CARD. AFTER TODAY'S EXPERIENCE I HAVE DECIDED THAT I HAVE HAD ENOUGH! I AM DONE! F.Y.E WILL NEVER AGAIN SEE ONE MORE DIME OF MY HARD EARNED MONEY. I HAVE ALREADY CALLED AND CANCELED MY LOYALTY CARD MEMBERSHIP. I'LL WRAP THIS UP BY SAYING THAT IT IS A SHAME THAT THEIR EMPLOYEE'S CARE SO LITTLE ABOUT THE COMPANY THEY WORK FOR.

monthly charges from my banking acct.

Joined VIP [protected] NY in August and paid what I was told as a one time fee. Since that time my...

hosting magazine scams

i was given the option to recieve 3 free magazines from an FYE cashier upon check-out because i purchased...

backstage pass vip scam

I was at FYE in the steamtown mall when I was offered a free backstage pass card. A month later I was billed $11.99. I was told after the fact that it's only free for a month. This is scam, offering a free program and then charging you after a month. Don't have your employees offer something free if there is a hidden fee. Disclose everything and then see what happens.

retail store customer service

I went to FYE on june 25 of this year to buy a "michael jackson ultimate collection" album. I passed up Best...

unauthorized charges

When reviewing my bank account, I noticed that FYE has been charging $11.99 using my debit card for 3 month...

Sussex Credit Cards

coupon limits

I purchase a LOT of product from the 2 FYE stores in the St. Louis, MO area. And, as a Backstage Pass member, then send new coupons every week, that can be used at their local retail outlets. All of their coupons state that the customer can only use one coupon PER TRANSACTION PER VISIT. Well, I'm sure we all understand what constitutes a TRANSACTION, but defining a VISIT is another matter. Anyway, for a LONG time, the different employees allowed me to use MULTIPLE coupons per VISIT to the store. All they did was ring each coupon on a SEPARATE TRANSACTION. They did not make me leave the store and come back in. They did not tell me that I could only use one coupon PER DAY. They simply checked me out with MULTIPLE TRANSACTIONS. Recently, I went to one of the local retail locations, and was informed by the manager at that store that I had been singled out by the company (via their tracking of my purchases using their Backstage Pass membership), and that I was now only going to be allowed to use ONE COUPON per SEVEN (7) DAY PERIOD..!! Their coupon clearly states ONE COUPON, PER TRANSACTION, PER VISIT. I have forwarded a complaint to the Missouri Attorney General's office, as I feel I have been wrongly and, more importantly, UNFAIRLY singled out by this company. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

scam

Fye asked me if i wanted to sign up for the fye backstage vip pass. i said no thank you and purchased my dvds with my debit card. several months later i noticed a charge off 11.99 coming out of my account every month. i never signed u or agreed to anything nor did i even recieve any of these so called benefits(such as a card or even discounts on any of my purchases since then) i was scammed

• Kd
    kdub0321 Oct 16, 2011

Hello, I am an employee of TWE and Im reading your complaint. When a person signs up for a backstage pass there are two receipts printed out. You would of had to sign both recipts. When we pitch the VIPBSP the cashier says "Would you like to try a 30 day trial of our VIP pass today?" When they say trial that should trigger you to think that "hey, am I going to get charged for this, after the trial?". Next time your offered a trial, think that. I highly doubt the cashier forced a VIP pass on you because employees of TWE do not make commision, therefore they did not get anything out of it.

continuous charges

I have been charged $11.99 to my account for 3 months now. The cashier told me that it was just a trial membership and that i would be ASKED after 30 days if i wanted to continue. Instead it proceeded to charge me every month even though i have not been in that store since i purchased a cd the day i got the trial membership. I want a refund of all the money charged to my account and to be cancelled from the membership.

theft

On Jan.25th 2010 I called the bank to find out about a 9.99 charge showing up on my bank statments. I was told tlg-fye was taking this out of my acct. They gave me a phone number to call [protected]). I did so and found the 9.99 was being charged to me for back stage use. I am 58 and do not go back stage. I only buy from fye for gifts, which I will no longer be doing. The guy I spoke to said he would refund some of the money but if I wanted the rest I had to write into the company and explain the situation. Well excuse me folks but thats when my manners went out the window. I informed him that what they had done was theft and there was no ohter word to describe it. I told him he had 2 choices, one of which was to totally refund my money now or I would contact my state attorney. Well things changed then, a full refund is being made to me. Take charge people, do not them or any one else do this to you. Make your call and demand your rights.

tryin2help Apr 14, 2010

It's not a charge for 'back stage use'. It's a discount card called a backstage pass. It saves you 10% every time you buy something at an FYE or Suncoast store.

won't cancel/keeps charging after cancellation

I had received (without prior permission, nor any notification of) the FYE Backstage VIP Pass. I say I wa...

horrible customer service

Since 11/15/2009 I have been trying to resolve an issue with FYE to no avail.

Issue: I re-ordered Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2. My order was canceled because they were out of stock (this was canceled several days after the product was released). When I made the purchase I used a gift card to pay for some of the amount. When the order was canceled they refunded my credit card...but made no indication they would return the money for the gift card.

I reported this to their online customer service - mistake #1. They can't read anything for the life of them and were persistant on the fact that I was refunded for my credit card... (although my issue was with the gift card)... I proceeded to call customer service - mistake #2. I spoke to this older lady named Roshelle (cause of Mistake #2). Frankly she was the most unprofessional person I have ever encountered at a customer service. She was rude... kept promising to call me back... never did... would put me on hold for 30 minutes at a time... kept forgetting to followup on several occasions... She didn't even know what the policy was for gift cards. Nobody could point me to the web page which stated that I could not throw away my gift card... And to top things off I tried speaking to her manager. Apparently her manager, Bobby only works Monday through Fridays from 4 - 6pm. Not sure how that works out. I never got a call back from anyone.

Till this day I haven't heard anything back.

The icing on the cake is why I have the gift card in the first place... It was given to me from FYE because they screwed up a previous order of mine...

It is safe to say they are the worst and I am probably never doing business with them. I am just going to keep posting complaints so the word spreads and people know the truth.

• Ya
    YazH Jan 08, 2010

I would like to add that I filed an official complaint against Roshelle and kept getting resistance from the manager. I couldn't understand why this person was so adamant on letting me know there is no possible way Roshelle would ever be unprofessional. Well... turns out he was her son. I felt sorry for him but his mother was so rude and possibly one of the worst people I have ever dealt with.

Hopefully the complaint was filed and not sabotaged.

• Ti
    Tina B Jun 24, 2010

Its funny you mention Roshelle because I am also having a problem with her myself. I have been dealing with her Lori ( VERY RUDE) a "Manager" ( I dont think he is a manager) Charles and I am so upset with the service I have got from them. I wil NEVER order from them again!. I am trying to get a CD I ordered a month ago for a birthday present!! I am still fighting them for it and I will not stop! I will call EVERY DAY until I get my money back! They will not win this fight but when I would ask to speak to a manager they put you on hold hoping you would hang up so that they do not have to transfer you. Uh.. Once I get finished with all of this I will be posting my experince on here as well so everyone will know what they are getting their self into when they decide to purchase from FYE.

taking unauthorized money from my checking account

They have been withdrawing money from my account without me having ever signed up for their VIP club. I paid 25 for the Backstage pass membership, which is a yearly charge...then they started charging me monthly for this VIP pass...which is not what I signed up for.

illegal charges

I just saw a couple of complaints against TLG FYE company on illegal charges. I want to also share that I, too, have been charged 9.99usd for 2 months now by TLG FYE (i don't even know what this is) without my authorization.

I would appreciate it if your kind office to conduct some action to sue this company and stop their operations.

Thanks,
Albert

• 09
    0960906 Mar 09, 2010

Unauthorized withdrawal from my credit card after cancelling the free 30 day trial membership. Another scam company!

tryin2help Apr 14, 2010

I know for a fact that it's not a scam. I have that discount card and have since April. I chose not to cancel it, but I have friends that have canceled. If you call them, they will take that charge off of your card. I promise.

tryin2help Apr 14, 2010

You have to call to cancel the discount card.

• Ra
    rankin83 Apr 22, 2010

who do you call? i've been charged as well and cannot even find the origin

Maria Ortega0012 Aug 20, 2019

My parents were signed up without their knowledge. As I was preparing my dad's paperwork for his social security. Is how I seen they have been being charged for 2 years. 11.99 each month which totals $287.76. Once I threaten them with legal action and wanted my parents signing something giving them permission to take money off their card. They said they could refund only 1 year back. This is beyond ridiculous. For them to even have enter my parents card info to be charged without their knowledge.

unauthorized debits from my account

I went into the FYE store because my son wanted to buy a cellular phone. While I was waiting for him I saw a Billy Cyrus CD and decided to purchase it for my daughter. When I paid with my debit card the cashier tried to sell me a discount VIP program for $25.00 a month. I told him NO. He then said he had something that would give me a 10% discount. I told him not to sign me up for anything. I found out four months later that he had put something through to my bank to take approximately $10.00 out of my account each month. When I called FYE and demanded the money be refunded they said they would refund $20 to the account the same day and I should request the remainder in writing. They have never refunded anything and I have had no answer from them for my letter. My bank if refunding two months because I filed a fraud claim. I am probably now looking at legal steps against FYE to recover the full amount.

• Dc
    DCornett Dec 22, 2009

Thats right several people that I know have complained and have had problems with that store.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices