Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Internet Providers Frontier Communications Delayed billing, change phone numbers, customer service horrible, lying, couldn't get adjustments to bill.

Frontier Communications review: Delayed billing, change phone numbers, customer service horrible, lying, couldn't get adjustments to bill.

B
Author of the complaint
7:40 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

FIRST THING: Every time I called to Frontier CS, there was a new person, or I couldn't call back and had to explain problems over again and again and again~! I got so frustrated with the lying, that I found a Frontier webpage and was able to complain (along with others). Ah, success! I was told to send a private message, which I did to Teresa Prewitt
(Teresa.[protected]@ftr.com>) Here are only some of the correspondence.

I had no issues with Verizon but became a customer of Frontier Communications, because of a sale. I have barely endured their "customer service" after they took over the internet, television, and my telephone from Verizon, here in the DFW area.
I
s it possible to have your assistance in overseeing and settlement of damage claims due to a long list of cavalier mistakes, misrepresentations, and overcharges?

I can give you more information, however, I am not sure of your service details. One big claim, too detailed to explain here, is a report to the credit bureau for $475.00. I was told they had no way to receive payments, so was going to pay "two TV bills! I sent a payment ($75.00) to their home office In Ohio, they cashed it, and yet they turned me over to the credit bureaus!

In addition, the up and down efforts to satisfy me, they ignored my issues and stopped a $400.00 gift card, Which I was to receive to signup. They changed from no contract to a Two year however, most all their negotiators supplied little in writing, although I have kept a bit they sent to me.

Ms. Prewitt, Firstly, I don't understand your figures ( $552.75...) in your second line to me? Is that a typo?

NOTE: I hope you do not ignore my issues:

"Great customer service is achieved by putting into place practices that place the emphasis on giving customers great value in exchange for their patronage. Listening to customer opinions and complaints provides businesses with valuable input into how to improve customer service.

Repeat customers are crucial for the success of any business, and losing customers is considered a reliable measure of failure since without customers there can be no business.

Keeping customers satisfied also means that they are likely to bring more customers to a business by word of mouth or verbal referral, especially if their loyalty is rewarded with discounts and free gifts.

One of the key ways to keep customers loyal and satisfied is to listen to them and respond to their demands"

1. You must know what a mess this experience has been, not only for you to decipher but for me as a customer. You figure this type of problem all the time, but I am irritated dealing with the confusion Frontier created. News reports verified the nightmare with Frontier billing, during the transition from Verizon to your company and I am a victim of that.

There were many issues (I have pointed out in previous emails) with porting my old number [protected] after a new number [protected]) was given to me. It took quite some time to get "partially" resolved and frustration from typical CS and then to your office. I knew I would owe for some service, but until charges were clarified, I wasn't going to just pay everything Frontier billed! Are you kidding Me?

Furthermore, I have a letter, in which Frontier explained there would be billing delays and I should have patience. I see what happened now. But $552.75 for two months (8/4 to 10/1/16) on [protected] is incredible and can't be what I agreed to pay when I signed up! In addition, that invoice, which is in question, wasn't brought forward to the online billing.

During the process to solve the confusion, the handlers changed my account numbers, my phone was discounted, I was refused the $400.00 gift card (never got it) and you personally didn't believe it, when I said I got several free connections of Premiums. "We don't do that!" You said!

2. Since I have no idea about the breakdown of what these credits or charges are for, I can not tell if you deducted the $75.00 check that I sent towards [protected] balance? Several months ago, I called CS and tried to work this out and the lady found some credits in which she said I only owed $390.00 approximately. I thought it was solved when she added account number [protected] online, however, it quickly disappeared.

3. Lastly, I wrote to you to bring this to a conclusion; however, it is clear to me that you don't have authority to appease the situation, since you continue to take "the hardline, " as if this is only about bookkeeping, without any consideration for the poor service

To state: " We do not have payment plans on accounts that are disconnected. This was sent to the credit bureau as the account was not paid, " is not acceptable!

Please forward this to someone that can settle this with me or you will force me to protect my credit by taking any action to discredit Frontier further.

Bruce Crone [protected]
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2018 7:34 AM

Hi Bruce,

After review of your old account [protected] that was installed on 8/4/16.

Your first billing statement was $552.75. This was for billing of your services from 8/4 to 10/1/16. I show that you did receive a credit of $15..86 against that billing which brought it to $401.89.

You were then billed from 10/2/16 to 11/1/16 of $238.90. I show that you disconnected service on 10/18/16 so your next billing does show prorated credits going back to the 10/18 date of the 10/2/16 to the 11/1/16. I also show another adjustment of $44.80 was also made on that statement.

The next billing statement shows the $487.61 billing from the result of the billing and no payments being made. Below are the credits that were made on 9/19/16.

$139.69 credit on 9/19/16 plus taxes came to $150.86
Another credit was done on 10/18/16
$40.00 plus taxes came to $44.80

I show that your account [protected] started billing on 10/24/16.
I do not show that any further credits are due for the old account of [protected]. We do not have payment plans on accounts that are disconnected. This was sent to the credit bureau as the account was not paid.
You did not have billing for two accounts at the same time.

Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2018 7:38:33 PM
Subject: Re: Bruce Crone [protected] and [protected]

Mrs. Pruitt, it has been one week ago that I sent the below message to your office. I have not received a response.

you looked into this before, but never gave me a bit of concession for the awful overall service and confusion that I received. Nothing needs changing now with my current service. [protected].

It sounds really simple, but yes, that first number [protected]) was installed until my permanent number [protected]) could be ported over. That created unbelievable confusion for anyone trying to help, mainly because I couldn't work with one person. I had to "start over" every time I called customer service, which plagued me with hang-ups, buck-passing, false information, and promises. As I have mentioned before, I was at my wits end when I complained to social networking and a private message told me that you would help.

I am writing now because Frontier (and you) reported that old bill for [protected] ($487.61 see below) to the credit bureau, without considering the confusion the company created. That bill was "held-up" due to your billing department issues with the transition from Verizon. Paying two high bills for television created a hardship for me, even though I made a good faith payment of $75.00.
In addition, someone reneged on the $400.00 Amazon gift card that I was supposed to receive and never got because of the change in account numbers. While working with you to fix "all" the problems, there was no effort to work out a payment plan on that first bill [protected]) to clear it up.
So, what will you do to remove the negative from Equifax and work out a reasonable payment plan?

Sent: Thursday, July 5, 2018 11:54 AM
Hi Bruce,
I have looked over both accounts.

Please refresh me on the [protected] accounts. I show this was a residential order with a new number. Was the [protected] an old number that you wanted to keep and you were porting this in?
If so then the [protected] number was installed until the port in order could be placed and activated? Is that correct?

Sent: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 4:31:24 PM
Subject: Re: Bruce Crone [protected] and [protected]

Please see the Frontier invoice that I included in this message below, which you failed to see. It appears the "pin" is "4483." # [protected]

I am willing to pay a "fair" amount of this charge if you will reduce it and remove the negative report from my credit. Just a few reasons an adjustment is in order is because the porting of my phone caused two weeks without a phone, no Caller ID, but was billed for it when it came with the package; untruth regarding tech arrivals or no need for them in the first place. Hours of waiting on the phone and at home, with continuous "buck-passing" and disconnections. Lost the $400.00 gift card, due to the failure to make reasonable concessions.
Please forward this to someone that has authority, if you are not authorized to bring this to a reasonable finish.

Company statement: "the first days of the transition have been plagued by outages, trouble with billing systems, and difficulties with on-demand content." ... "Given the complexity of the transaction, disruptions are not unexpected but they are never welcome and we have apologized to affected customers and are working around the clock to address all issues, " Frontier said in a statement reported by the tech website."

Sent: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 2:53 PM
Good Afternoon Bruce,
I would be glad to take a look once again at your old account.

Please reply with the PIN number on the first page of the billing statement.

Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2018 2:04:20 AM
Subject: Re: Bruce Crone [protected] and [protected]

WARNING: External email. Please verify the sender before opening attachments or clicking on links.
Ms. Prewitt,
Please review my email messages below, in particular, dated 02/27/17, which was not completely answered, after 1 1/2 years. I am writing to see if your service has become more customer-friendly? 02/27/17 was the last correspondence I received from you, regarding mistakes, and Frontier chaos to correct my many, many hours of "poor customer service" and misinformation. As you know, the only reason I found you was because I complained on a Social Media page. Before that, it was impossible to even talk to the same person over the phone or write to anybody that would resolve problem details.
After over a year of your rock-solid refusal and staunch company-line to avoid making me happy, # [protected] seems to be in order. My original promises for changing over to Frontier were not believed by you personally and it took your own research for you to admit my claims. After our correspondence, I have moved on over the last year, since you indicated I would be paying $131.97, plus added taxes, etc. per month, which actually came to over $163.00. However, I still can't seem to make this problem go away. The change of account numbers in my name created a huge headache, in that, I lost my $400.00 Amazon gift card for one thing, but there is a larger issue yet.

1.Old account, [protected]. I have discovered a Frontier "write-off" of my old bill for $487.61 has been reported by your office to Equifax Credit, and there was no effort to clear that up or give me any consideration. That whole problem was caused by Frontier problem billing (as noted in the article below) in the first place,
and even though I did send a $75.00 payment, I received no accounting of it and you harmed my credit.
On top of that, your customer service is still lacking, since your records should show I spoke to an agent about payment and she lowered those charges due to errors, to approximately $390.00 and said she would set that online so I could make payments. Somebody overruled her because it was never done. She recognizes it can be tough to pay the new bill, plus clear up the old one. You should also be aware that I called once again for a supervisor in your collections department just a week ago trying to reach a solution; however, after being on hold for 15 minutes, the connection disconnected!
As a consequence, I am again contacting you and am demanding that you assist in a reasonable solution of payment for that old account and immediately remove the bad report from Equifax. If you choose not to cooperate, we can either have mediation, or I'll be forced to bring a small claim against Frontier and request damages from a jury of my peers. Please let me hear from you in this regard...

Bruce Crone [protected]

A 100% on-time payment history is a good sign for lenders that you can reliably make payments.
A. This is a copy of the invoice that was held for clarification by me, while I dealt with you personally, regarding two account numbers.

TEXT CODE: TXBBB ENG:ENG PAGE 1 OF 2 ____ PIN: 4483
[protected] 0
940011972252117308041600000487610000487615
www.frontier.com Residential [protected]
Account Number 972/252-1173 Date of Bill 12/02/16
Previous Balance 487.61 Payments Received Thru 12/02/16 .00 Balance Forward 487.61 New Charges .00
Total Amount Due $487.61
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. berentn,
Frontier Completes Its Verizon Deal, and It's Not Going ...
www.fool.com
The company has experienced outages and problems as it takes over systems in three states.
READ This News Report: A. "the first days of the transition have been plagued by outages, trouble with billing systems, and difficulties with on-demand content, Ars Technica reported. These problems, which Frontier has acknowledged, may not be fully resolved until mid-April, according to a second Ars story. "Given the complexity of the transaction, disruptions are not unexpected but they are never welcome and we have apologized to affected customers and are working around the clock to address all issues, " Frontier said in a statement reported by the tech website."

Sent: Sunday, March 5, 2017 6:27 AM
Subject: RE: Bruce Crone [protected].1 and [protected]

Good Morning Bruce,
I have emailed to this email address all the statement dealing with the old account [protected].1
Listed below is my email from 1/4/17
You agreed to pay $131.97 plus taxes and that is what it comes out to. The statement shows the below: Digital Phone $30.00 FIOS 50/50 5.00 Quantum DVR 22.00 2-Receivers 19.99 Preferred TV 78.99 Discounts -10.00 -14.00 Voip fee 1.99 Taxes and surcharge 37.13 You have been given credits upfront for the Showtime that you were told you would get free for 6 months. You have been given credits for the HBO that was supposed to be free for six months.

The HBO and Showtime I gave credits for upfront for the 6 months. After the 6 months you will be billed for them.
1398 S. Woodland Blvd.
Deland, FL. 32720
Sunday-Thursday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm EST

From: Bruce crone [mailto:[protected]@hotmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 04, 2017 5:44 PM
Subject: Re: Bruce Crone [protected].1 and [protected]

Sent: Monday, February 27, 2017 3:34 AM
Subject: Re: Bruce Crone [protected].1 and [protected]

Dear Ms Prewitt, I never heard from you after I asked you for a detailed breakdown of charges on the old account, [protected]. (similar to any monthly summary from Frontier. I don't know if you are ignoring me or you never received my request. I would like to handle these charges, but I have issues that I need to be corrected. You expect me to pay over $400.00, but I want concessions. I don't believe you are entitled to that amount due to mistakes, lack of service, unfair late charges and chaos. Meanwhile, I am so tired of this mess, of which I didn't create. In looking over my newest statement of account, it still looks like I am being charged for HBO and Showtime!

I am going to make another attempt to go back over all the charges in detail. My charges are unfair and nowhere near $125.00 per month promised when I signed up. I just paid $171.00 my past two bills to show good faith, so I expect the same. I also, am yet to get that $400 gift card after 7 months!

If we are unable to come to a consensus here, are set-up with "Mediation" to handle disputes and contentious issues? Please acknowledge this message.
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2017 4:31 PM
Subject: Automatic reply: Bruce Crone [protected].1 and [protected]

I do not work Friday and Saturdays. If you need assistance and cannot wait for my return please reach out to Ree.[protected]@ftr.com.

With kind regards