Complaints & Reviews

Checking in Baggage - UNFAIR

I lost my bank card in Mexico & realized it when booking a flight home. My mom didn't get paid until the next day so she reserved a ticket for me -- that was a releaf.

So - I traveled on the bus for 6 hours to get to the airport. Come to find out that my hold was canceled - so - my mom paid for the ticket this time - but; the flight left 8 hours later then the original flight left.

At about 10:07 I walked over to the counter - but; to the side where I can just check my baggage. There was 1 person at the counter - when I walked up there he was talking to a military guy and gave him free baggage check and let him check his baggage early ( he's on the same flight as me. )

So at 10:15 -- It my turn to go up there and he wouldn't even let me check my 1 bag in.. not until 10:39 he said.. I said.. but; I been here since 3am.. and I'm hungry & dont want to go into the restaurant with the HUGE bag.. and he said: me too, I'm hungry.. but; I can't help you.. and I said.. there is no way to override it? He replayed: no sir, I cannot.

but; that's exactly what he just did for the other guy. He even said: sorry this is taking long - I just have to override this..

How do I know this military guy is on the same flight as me? because he's going to Denver leaving from gate A3 and I checked the screens of departure and arrivals & my flight is the next one to Denver.

Cancelled flight

Our flight from Cozumel to Denver was cancelled. We were given several different explanations (there was also a language barrier) while we were in the airport for 9 hours. We were instructed to wait in line for $100 vouchers to release Frontier from all claims, before our names were put on a list for a hotel for the night. I explained that it was imperative that my family return the next day to our home in Kansas City. Passengers on our flight were assigned to three other outgoing airlines the next day: Continental, Delta, and US Airways. We were booked on US Airways to Charlotte, NC. Then, we were put on the last flight to Denver--making it impossible to fly to KC that night. Frontier did not cover our hotel expense in Denver. My children missed two days of school, and I missed work due to the inflexible itinerary assigned to us by Frontier--we saw others from our original flight on an earlier flight from Charlotte to Denver; we may have been one of the few families that did not have Denver as their final destination. Had we known it would take us 2.5 days to get back home, we wouldn't have taken this mini-vacation to Cozumel over President's Day weekend.

Cancelled flight

Frontier Airlines

Frontier Airlines

Flying from Dayton, Ohio to Las Vegas on flight #1092 on 1/17/2010. My flight was to leave the Dayton International Airport at 6:15 am on 1/17/10; I arrived at the airport at 4:00 am. Frontier air Lines requires a mandatory 2-hour check in according to your published info & your record info on your 1-800 line. The check in desk was not open. But the fight information board showed the flight to be canceled. I was second in line for service, at about 5:15-5:30 am a female ticket agent did come out to the desk, she did not speak with any of the passengers waiting in line, she picked up the telephone, and actually held it to her ear the entire time I stood in line which was until about 6:15 am. Another ticket agent, a young man came out & had a conversation with the female ticket agent, and he proceeded to log in to your system to start helping passengers. He randomly called out passengers name’s to re-book flights on other carriers. After about 20 minutes I ask him why he was not speaking with people in the order they arrived, he replied that the folks he was calling had connecting flights. I told him that I did too…so he ask my name & then re-booked me on US Air fight 2248 at 6:55 am. All was well for this leg of the trip. The real trouble began on 1/21/10. I was booked to leave Las Vegas to Phoenix on US Air flight 117 @ 9:40 pm. Because of all the bad weather in the southwest that day all flights had been canceled. I know that this is not Frontier Airlines problem to fix, so I called US Air to get rescheduled to fly to Phoenix, I was told they could not get me there until Sunday, 1/24/10 after 10 am…this is where the problem ensues, my flight on 1/24/10 from Phoenix on Frontier Airlines #868 was leaving at 7:2

So my next option is to call Frontier Airlines to see if I could change my return date/ticket to 1/22/10 and fly back to Dayton, Ohio. I called their 1-800 no customer service number at 6pm Las Vegas time, was on hold for 1 hour before I spoke with a representative. As I explained the situation, I was told it is not Frontier’s Problem.. I needed to call US Air it was their problem..He would not stop talking so I could explain the situation. I asked to speak with a supervisor, after being on hold for about 10/15 minutes, she came on the line, and told me that the previous man had explained the situation, and she could book me on a flight the following day. I asked her if this was confirmed, she told me yes. (My mistake here was not getting a name & employee #.) This flight was to leave Las Vegas at 10:15 am #976 going to Milwaukee then to Dayton, Ohio. As per the rules I show up at the Las Vegas airport at 7:30 am to check in. When I got to the ticket agent, she could not find the “the confirmed reservation”. She picked up the telephone and called someone..(Have no idea who.) Then after about 30 minutes, I ask what the problem was and this is what she said. “What she did find in the system was that I had flown out the night before on the canceled flight, US Air. She then called, I guess US Air to fix the computer system so she could proceed. After that was done, she then took me to the on floor manager.) He then looked in the system for the reservation to Milwaukee. Once he found it, he told me the cost would be $676.00, time was now about 9am.

Needless to say I was a bit over whelmed at the cost, because the night prior when I was on the phone with your customer service supervisor, nothing had been mentioned about this ticket price. (Had that been the case I wouldn’t have been standing there!) When I explained to Mr. Chambers the conversation that took place the night before, his reply was, I have no proof that they didn’t tell you the price! At this point his behavior was nothing but condescending, rude and insulting. He was loud, he told me it wasn’t his fault, US Air Cancelled the fight & it wasn’t his problem to help me. Either I wanted the ticket or not…I stood at the ticket desk & once again called your customer service, and was told exactly the same thing, as Mr. Chambers..by now it was 10:30 am and the flight was gone. Mr. Chambers, had been holding in his hand all my itinerary papers the entire time we have been speaking, he was folding them up and slamming them down …speaking very loudly to me, either “I excepted his help or not”. At this point I asked to speak with his supervisor, when he told me he was the top man in Las Vegas.

If this is the kind of customer service Frontier Airlines wants, I am shocked!
Please understand that I did not once yell or insult, or call any one any names..I retain my composer the best I could muster.. I then re-iterated that my fight back to Dayton, flew out of Phoenix, and I couldn’t get there, so I needed to find a way home. Mr. Chamber’s stated, “You have a flight home out of Phoenix” that comment was nothing but sarcasm! So I asked him to check to see if he had any flights that would leaving Las Vegas on Sunday 1/24/10 to get back to Dayton, he refused to help me..

This has been my experience with Frontier Air Lines. I am 57 years old, professional and have flown many times, I have never been spoken to like this or treated with so little respect as I have been with Frontier Airlines. I certainly hope that this complaint doesn’t end up on someone’s desk in a pile of papers. Because if this is happening to me, how many other customers do you think this happening to, that aren’t sharing the experience? The best form of advertising is through word of mouth, what do you think I have been saying? I would truly like to hear from a representative from your company, and not just a form letter that thanks me for expressing my opinion! Do you really record phone conversations? If so, I would love for you to pull this one up!

• Bo
    boxFrontier Jul 23, 2010

Wow, what a joke of a bank. Barclays Bank's customer service department is by far THE worst I have encountered. I am surprised Frontier Airlines has not moved on to a different bank to administer the frequent flier credit card offer. The customer service at the bank is the worst I have ever experienced.

If I did not love Frontier Airlines and want the mileage credit I would have dumped Barclays Bank long ago.

Seriously, I do not understand how a company (Barcays) can stay in business with the poor customer service, lack of follow through, incompetent employees, not well-trained employees on their own products (e. g. stating they don't offer a "Pay Pass" credit card through Frontier Airlines, when they do!!!), weak supervisors, not calling back within 24 hours as they state a manager will do and managers not even aware of what the problem is.

This goes back to mid-May when I was sent a new credit card because I was "upgraded" to a better card. Two months later and nearly 30 phone calls and I don't have resolution and continue to get incompetent customer service employees who give me incorrect information and do not seem to care to fix the situation. Stay clear of getting one of these cards if you can help it. (I read the negative post by a person who "was roped" into one there at the Denver Airport.)

I am so disappointed in this product, Barclays Bank, any Barclays cards, especially the Frontier Airlines Barclays MasterCard, the incompetent call center they use in Manila, the uniformed bank customer service personnel in the U.S. who do not follow through and seem uninterested in helping, Frontier Airlines.

There are other better choices out there. Be aware - Mike

Checked Baggage - unnecessary

Insisted that my son check both his bags-
1st bag $20 2nd bag $30
Understand the policy that only 1 carry on is allowed.
However the agent informed my son that he must check both his bags.

Filed a formal complaint with Frontier Consumer affairs division and was advised that the complaint would be sent to the Directors and Officers of the company.

If I receive no refund for the 2nd bag, I will make sure that my company policy prohibits any employees from flying this airline in the future. I am advising all friends & family to avoid Frontier Airlines as well.

Complaint filed with BBB as well.

• Tf
    tfmblows Nov 16, 2011

This somewhat happened to me. I understood checking the bags would be $20 a piece for the appropriate size (delta offers free first bag checked btw) and I had prepaid before I left my house to fly out of ATL to DEN. Upon arriving to the kiosk, the very rude attendant told me my bag was too big and had to be checked. I told her it had already been checked via the internet and she still charged me an extra $20. So, $40 to check ONE BAG that was only 19.6pounds!! I believe the cutoff is 50 pounds! I was in a hurry and she also berated me and said I was late, which I was not. I checked in online, had my passes and checked my bags already and was an hour early. I didn't understand the rude attitude but rest assured after my annoying flight with an attendant that constantly hit my aisle with the cart and ignored my four requests for headphones after looking DIRECTLY AT ME, I asked for a refund for the checked bag mishap. I will not pay $40 to check ONE 20 pound bag. Ridiculous. I chose to fly Frontier out to Denver even though it had the same fare as Delta and AirTran because I had never flown Frontier before and wanted to see what it was like. NEVER AGAIN! Sorry, but when you live in a Delta hub like I do, Delta is the way to go. Frontier offered me my first horrible flight experience.

flight 608

Dear Frontier Airlines,

I am writing this letter to complain about the poor service we encountered recently on one of your flights. On a recent trip to Denver my husband and I traveled from Phoenix Sky Harbour to Denver International Airport on a Frontier Airlines flight. My travel experience with Frontier Airlines has been outstanding, that is, until the previously mentioned flight taken on November 1, 2009. On that date, we boarded flight 608, Saturday morning on a delayed plane from Denver. The crew seemed reasonable but agitated at boarding. As a frequent flier with Assent status on Frontier, my husband and I were able to board early. Once in our seats we were approached by flight attendant, Van: no last names were given to us. She asked us if we would exchange seats with a mother and young son. Apparently the mother and son were assigned exit row seats. Since the child was a minor and not allowed to sit in the exit row, Van asked us to switch seats. We agreed. As the seats were interchanged, Van told us that we could have free on board TV. SInce I have Assent status this 'perk' was not necessary, so she promised a free drink from the menu or a free treat from the snack tray. We agreed and assumed all was well. However, during the flight, unbeknownst to us, the information exchanged to us from Van was not transferred to the rest of the flight crew. During the snack sale portion of the trip, my husband commenced to ask for a snack from flight attendant Linda. When she asked for payment, my husband mentioned the discourse between the other attendant and us. Linda was beyond rude as she replied loudly to him, "Frontier does not give free food to passengers!". Of course we were stunned at her impolite demeanor toward us. Again, in soft tones, he explained the agreement we had with Van. To which she proceeded to yell loudly toward to back of the plane (we are in exit row) where Van was working. I am not repeating verbatim, however, her words were in the following vein, " This customer said he could have free food. We don't give free food out! He needs to pay like every one else!" Of course we were mortified! To which I responded, again, with soft tones, "please, let's try and keep our voices down and a bit more quiet. You've embarrassed us enough. We will pay for the snack, no problem." Her reply was rather threatening, "I am finished with this, unless you want to continue, I will talk as loudly as I want and say what I want. Its up to you...shall I move on... or, are you finished!" At this point she threw the snack toward us and began to take requests from other passengers. We sat there red faced and embarrassed for much of the remainder of the flight. My husband and I agreed that this was unfortunate behavior from Frontier staff and concurred that we would complain to Frontier Airlines.

As I deplaned in Denver, I approached the waiting attendants at the anterior of the plane, and asked them for their names. Van relinquished hers, however, Linda ignored me altogether. I again asked her for her name, to which her reply was brash and rude. I exited the plane. My husband, disembarked much later. He witnessed the attendants mimic, mock and berate me as the other passengers continued to pass them. As he left the plane, he asked to speak to the pilot, Mr. Todd Morgan. He and Mr. Morgan stepped out of the plane and talked on the jetway. The pilot remained neutral, giving excuses for his fellow employees. After talking, they parted amicably, with the understanding that we would file a complaint.

We sat down at DIA and revisited the event. We remembered a few other incidents that occurred on the flight and thought we would mention it as well. One in particular was disturbing. Van, the flight attendant we spoke of earlier, handled a fellow passenger without regard to his dignity. Her behavior began when the plane was getting ready to leave the gate. She walked through the plane performing last minute check, when she noticed an empty seat. This seat was across the aisle from us, an exit seat as well. She asked the passenger in the seat located next to the empty as to the whereabouts of the missing passenger. "in the bathroom, I guess", was the reply. On verification that the lavatory was occupied, she rolled her eyes, placed her arms on the seat back of seats on either side of her and said to the rest of us on the plane, " Well I guess we need to wait! Hey, lets embarrass him when he comes out of the bathroom! We'll tell him he delayed the plane further than we wanted and now we will be much later to Denver!, just because he needed to go to the bathroom!" Her remark was mostly ignored by my fellow passengers. When he returned to his seat, she chuckled, and said, "Well, now that we are ALL in our seats, I can begin my demonstration. Sir, will you be able to perform the duty expected from an exit row seat... etc." I have NEVER witnessed such degrading conduct on a plane. The poor fellow had no idea what was said or why she chuckled once he regained his seat. This performance would not have been reported by me, had they been pleasant the remainder of the trip. The foul mood from the flight attendants should not go unregarded.

I hope that you will investigate this further with resolve. No one should be treated to the degree that we were.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

• Tf
    tfmblows Nov 16, 2011

I had rude attendants on my flight as well. It's amazing how they get away with such crappy customer service.

refusal of service

I would not even give Frontier Airlines a single star on a rating scale for good service---they refused to let my daughter board a place in Costa Rica, though she arrived at the airport over 1 1/2 hours pre-flight...over the course of the next 48 hours, they told me that in order to get her home, I'd have to purchase tickets with another airline, so I spent $962 on two one-way tickets...the next day, my daughter suddenly called me from Denver, saying that Frontier had let her on the plane out of Costa Rica at the last second. Since she couldn't call me before she boarded, I had to cancel the emergency tickets I had bought the day before at the last minute, and it was so close to the boarding time for that flight out of Costa Rica, that I can't get any type of compensation from that airline...So, I'm out $962, plus an extra night in a hotel in Costa Rica at $100, plus the added food expenses down there, plus the extra airport parking fees for my car. Frontier cost me over $1000 extra and I have contacted Frontier and the Better Business Bureau. I won't stop there either--they royally screwed us!! I will never fly that airline again.

Ticket Amount taken away

Hi

I have purchased a ticket with Frontier Airlines to fly from Dallas to San Jose on July 4th. I was there at the gate exactly 15 min prior to the flight departure but the folks tell me that, my ticket is given away to someone else and i cant fly now. I get a standby ticket for next flight wich is after 8 hours.

I call up the Frontier Airlines and cancel my standby ticket and was told that, they will put back the money on the same reservation code and then use at a later point.

Today, I call up the Frontier airlines with the same reservation code and found that there was no amount associated with this ticket and the ticked has been used. They say, we have never documented anything.

Then they transfer me to customer relations and that stupid again transfers me to reservation. This goes on an on and no one ever gives my money back.

I have lost 550 bucks onthis reservation code. I do not know whom to call for help.
Hope someone can help me out.

Regards
Anusha

• Bu
    buzzman25400 Apr 03, 2010

At the gate 15 minutes PRIOR to departure...you SHOULD be bumped, BUT you SHOULD get re-booked. Your ability to get a refund is totally dependent on the type of fare you purchased. If you miss the flight, too bad...but I believe you have ONE year to use the record locator...between the same cities, AND under the same name (ticket is NON-transferrable)

Poor customer service

It is easy to see why this airline is having trouble! Their customer satifiation is something they care very little about! Recently my wife's flight was cancelled from another airline and Frontier refused to change her to a later flight on Frontier when she couldn't make their flight. Granted, it was the other airlines fault, but Frontier "policy" is that if it's not their fault then someone must pay! Travelling can be challenging at times, but Frontier sure doesn't try to make it easy to overcome the unexpected events that you may encounter. So remember, the next time they ask you to be understanding for situation beyound their control, ask for $150 as that is your policy when it's not "your fault".

choices Jul 25, 2009

It's a pity that Frontier wasn't a little more accommodating, seeing as it was the fault of another airline, not a personal issue of your wife's. That's the problem with some of the bookings, particularly online ones: they use multiple airlines to get to distant destinations at lower prices. A problem with one airline has a ripple effect.

Hope your wife made it to her destination safely.

• Dl
    dlakers Jul 25, 2009

They refused to change to a later flight or couldnt?

Awful airlines

I'm never flying with Frontier airlines.. ever.. nor would i even DREAM of recommending it to anyone!!

I booked my ticket with Frontier last year to go to Altlanta from Portland and back. This cost me $866. I had to cancel this ticket due to personal reasons and when i got told i wouldn't be refunded the money but i could use it at a later time to book with frontier, I thought it was fine.. I got given a year's time for this which was convenient too.

However, now, almost a year later, now when i want to use my money, there are a number of rules in place making it hard for me to use the money

a) I have to use the entire money for one trip and one trip only (regardless of the amount - I cannot use the 900 to book to go to two places.. which is more logical given most return trips within the states usually cost around the 4-500$ mark)
b) I have to use the entire money to book one ticket only for myself (i.e. i cannot use the money to buy a ticket for both me and my wife cos it'll mean that some of the money will be used to book for 'someone else')
c) I cannot use this money to make a booking for a vacation deal offered on the frontier website (something that might enable me to spend this money stuck with them sensibly.. maybe a couple nights of accommodation?)- cos it involves the use of a 'partner' for accommodation and since the partner is not part of the frontier company, i cannot use this money to pay for them
d) I have to pay an extra $100 as re-booking fees!

This basically means that i have to buy a ticket to some random place for ~$900.. a place that i might not want to go to but now have to if i want to make use of all the money i have with frontier.. worse of all, i have to pay another 100$ to do this! AND spend the same amount for my wife if we want to go together, not to mention the extra costs for accommodation and all! I even asked if i could use it for 1 ticket like they say, but have multiple destinations (go from portland to chicago to washington dc and back to portland).. but turns out frontier don't fly to any place without going through Denver.. which will mean that if i want to go how i planned, i would have to go from portland to denver, denver to chicago, chicago back all the way to denver and then denver back to washingon dc!!! Doesn't' make ANY sense to waste at least half a day doing this!!!

When I called their customer care regarding all this, all i could get from them is 'we cannot do anything about it, that's our policy'.. I asked them what my options were. i mean what would they do with the 900$ .. all i get is that is your choice.. how on earth when I'm not left with any in the first place!!! If they want customers to use ONLY frontier, they really need to have improved their service!

How on earth would anyone feel like using or recommending frontier airlines ever again!

A very angry and gutted frontier customer.

Passenger Contempt

PASSENGER CONTEMPT

This airline is in "devolution" and I will be cancelling my frequent flier status once I complete the roundtrip that my wife and I mistakenly booked this evening.

Normally I price/schedule shop by the itinierary and choose American whenever possible; but in this instance on a roundtrip to Phoenix I preferred the scheduling with Frontier.

Only after I bought the ticket did I discover that they will not allow ECONOMY fares to choose seats until 24hrs before departure. Think about that...talk about a new frontier, this policy should be categorized under class warfare without courtesy or "class."

One flight, because it's too late for a refund. But this is the Last Frontier I'll be boarding: an airline with NO CLASS whatsoever.

• Be
    benterry Apr 18, 2009

Flight canceled out of Denver tonight, even though every other airline has flights leaving tonight. Wanted me to fly standby for the next 24-48 hours, telling me that the earliest they may be able to get me out would be Monday (Its Friday now). Poor service, even worse terms of carriage, which oblige you to accept their poor offerings of two day standby or forfeit your refund. Had to book a flight with United (Leaving tomorrow AM) at considerable expense. Interesting - in their terms of carriage they state the they will attempt to put you on the next flight out, even if it is with another carrier - not so, you have to book yourself. Also, trip insurance is a waste of money, since Frontier offered me weak standby, they technically did not cancel my flight for longer than 12 hours, thereby nullifying my ability to obtain insurance reimbursement. Weak, very weak, will never fly with these fools again. A cheap flight ends up costing three times more, and still not at my destination yet. Boo

false round trip return from costa rica

frontier airlines pads their empty flights by telling cust. that they have to have a way out of costa rica at...

Poor Service

Frontier provided poor service, incorrect information and unprofessional conduct. I traveled from SFO to Denver to connect with my flight to Indianapolis. The SFO flight was delayed because of snow in Colorado, which happens. I completely understand however the SFO representative said that I would not miss my connecting flight because all flights were delayed out of Denver. I reached Denver 4 hours last and had missed the Indianapolis connection. I went to the gate printed on my ticket and the representative there would not help me even although I witnessed her assisting others in the same circumstances. She sent me to the customer service counter for Frontier. I was #32 in line. I waited 45 minutes in line patiently. I found another flight on Southwest that was departing via Southwest to Indianapolis at 4:50pm. The representatative told me there were not flights available at 4:50pm. I asked out the Southwest flight and she rebooked me on the 7:00pm flight and just handed me a ticket. This flight got me into Indianapolis at 12:30am. I explained this was not an option because I my party was going to pick me up was going to be in bed by then.

She explained that Frontier did not honor Southwest tickets and that they did not honor Frontier's tickets. It is disappointing to me that there were empty seats on an airplane going to my final destination and Frontier would not work even after they told me that my connecting flight would not be missed. All they could offer was the explanation that their representative in SFO "should not have told me that". They took no responsibility or accountability for the actions of a representative from their company. The lady told me that I could stay the night in the airport in Denver and fly out tomorrow if that better suited my schedule. She said she could not provide hotel accommodations.

I asked if she could assist me in finding out the cost and availability of buying a seat on the Southwest flight and she said if I wanted a ticket on Southwest, "I could go buy it myself".

• Bo
    boxFrontier Jul 23, 2010

There are other better choices out there. Be aware - Mike

Gouged me for baggage; used security procedures to &punish& consumers with legitimate complaints

I traveled on Frontier Airlines beginning on 10/30/2008. On my outbound trip, there was no charge for my one checked bag (which there should never be; after all, given the restrictions on what you can take through security, you HAVE to check baggage now). But on the return trip a few days later, they tried to ding me for $15 to check the very same bag! They claimed that I had to pay this surprise fee because they had imposed it for "travel after 10/31", even though I began my travel before that date. When I complained, and told them that I would never fly them again, the agent reacted by making me a "selectee" -- that is, by causing me to practically be strip searched as I went through security.

Airlines shouldn't rip people off for baggage, and they CERTAINLY shouldn't be allowed to use the security procedures to punish consumers for standing up for their rights! Don't ever fly this airline.

Sarah Jan 27, 2009

Get Over it! I like this airline I have flown them for years does not matter what airline u travel now a days you will have to pay for something regardless. Not all agents are rude some times it is the customer that comes to the airport with a bad attitude, they pay the cheapest price to fly and expect the world handed to them...!!!

Frequent Flyer Miles

I purchased 4 tickets from Denver to Mexico using my Miles. Frontier issued me a confirmation code, confirmed my seat selections and with drew 140, 000 miles from my account. The next day I received a call from A Frontier Supervisor telling me that I now can't use my miles they were on black out dates- But the transaction already went through. They apologized again and told me I had to pay over 3500.00 if i wanted those tickets. As a consumer do I not have legal right? Does anyone know of legal counsel that could help?

Stranded in Denver

Extra travel insurance

As of July 2008, If you book a flight on line with Frontier Airlines there is a box marked "yes for extra travel insurance through AIG, which you will be charged for. You have to un check it or you are charged for this after you book you flights. I think it is a big SCAM. I called both AIG they could tell me anything about what the insurance covered and frontier told me what is written in on the site. After many calls and e-mails all I got was the extra insurance covers up to $500.00 per person NOT per bag for lost luggage, that doesn't even cover the cost on one bag itself. If a flight is cancaled the insurance covers up to $100.00 a day for food and hotel. When I asked if the plane is broke and not fling who covers lodging, no one from either place could or would give me an answer. All I can say is the standard policys are very vage, But to be charged for an extra insurance that does nothing for a traveler and is automatically mark "yes" for a customer is a big SCAM for money for both Frontier and AIG. Try calling and asking what the plan does for a traveler?? it is a joke!!!

Chris Toeppen Aug 17, 2008

I have been a long time customer of Frontier, traveling to Denver on business at least once a month. Tonight, making a reservation online as I have done many, many times, I neglected to see the "Uncheck the box if you don't want the insurance" item which is new on Frontier's website. When I got my email flight confirmation I found I had inadvertently paid for the AIG policy which I did not want.

This is the worst type of website/customer interaction where you are automatically charged for something without realizing it, UNLESS you tell them you don't want it. Is it a scam, an easy way to raise revenue or just terrible customer relations? Whatever it is it has lowered my opinion of Frontier. Someone in their management has made a bad decision which can only hurt them in the long run. Offer the insurance if you wish but don't make the customer pay for it automatically unless they "catch" the little check mark and undo it.

Try again Frontier.

Joel Maron Aug 28, 2008

I was just charged for insurance I didn't want and didn't ask for. This practice of Frontier Airlines is sleasy and dishonest. Why would they structure their website so that you must uncheck the box if you don't want their insurance? The only clear answer is that they are trying to trick people into buying something they are unaware of. Otherwise they would structure it so that (like any normal purchase) you have to select the thing you want to buy. And, to add insult to injury, they make you go through a series of steps to get a refund, (which I have not yet received.)

This is an unethical, dishonest and unfair business practice. I'm an attorney, and in my legal opinion what they are doing constitutes an actionable business practice. If any people are forming a class to bring legal action against Frontier Airlines and AIG, please notify me as I would like to join this class.

In any event, I will never fly Frontier again, nor purchase any AIG product. This type of greedy, dishonest business practice is simply abhorrent. I have no respect for either company.

Shame on you Frontier.

• Da
    David Bennett Nov 10, 2008

I purchased a ticket on Frontier Airlines yesterday. Today I get an email thanking me for purchasing Travelguard Insurance. I call Travelguard and said I never purchased the insurance and wanted a refund. They said I should have opted out so I wouldn't purchase the insurance. I was livid! They said I needed to call Frontier to get a refund. I called Frontier and they told me I had to call Travelguard. This is close to a criminal activity and the FAA or US Government needs to investigate them. I will NEVER fly Frontier again and will pass my experience on to as many others as possible. I plan to dispute the charge on my credit card. I also told them I wanted to cancel the flight because of their underhanded tactics and they told me I would be assessed a cancelation fee. Frontier is the ### of the airline industry!!!

• Bl
    blondiebachus Jul 19, 2011

Yes it IS a scam. Total rip off. Today I had a flight booked from Richmond to Detroit, then Detroit to Milwaukee on Delta, where I was to catch a short flight on Frontier into Manistee (where my car is). I did not want to do it this way but saw it as the only way. I bought their worthless travel insurance in case there was a problem. Well guess what!!! There was a problem!! Delta cancelled my flight out of Detroit due to a mechanical problem and could not get me out until too late for the flight on Frontier. I called Frontier and had to pay $198 in change fees and "increased fares". I asked about this worthless insurance and she told me to call AFTER I paid her to file a claim. I talked to TWO ### agents who both told me the insurance doesn't cover this. It only covers issues due to Frontier or weather related. What BS!!! Wouldn't they cover that anyway if it was their fault or the weather cancelled a flight??? I've had that happen numerous times on other airlines and was rebooked for free. In fact, Delta rebooked me for free and put me up in a nice hotel tonight. I demanded then at the very least they refund the insurance fee. I had to email my request which I did. I got a reply saying since i didn't file my request for cancellation within 15 days of my flight and was requesting this on the effective day it was too late!! Again what total BS!! how would someone know their insurance was worthless until they actually try to use it????? Also my flight hasn't happened yet anyway - it was tonight. Do not purchase this insurance. It is a scam and they will take your money and not give you crap for it. While you're at it - don't fly Frontier. Their agents are rude. Their fares are misleading too. They kept advertising this $39 fare from Manistee to Milwaukee but when you would try to book a flight it was always more than twice that.

No ticket confirmation

Booked a ticket on their website. My card didn't go through. They asked me to call their call center, I called it and gave them my other credit card. They then asked me to wait, and later told me sometimes card confirmation takes longer and that when it came through it they will email me. 3 days no email. I figured the card didn't go through. So today I made a fresh booking and got a lower rate on their website.

I was checking my card information and I found out that the card was charged the second time (when i spoke to the call center). I then called the call center and they were quite adamant they this was not their fault that I did not receive an email confirming the payment. They told me that I should have called the call center to get an update if the payment went through. AFter much haggling they said we can only refund the latest one and not the previous one. I figured they saw the difference and decided to stick with the higher priced ticket. The funny thing is that i got the confirmation for the payment denied and the new reservation, but they claim that they had sent the email confirming my first ticket too, which for some reason I never received. THE lady supervisor seemed even more adamant that It is not their fault and it was my fault that I had bought a second ticket while the first was confirmed and reserved. I wonder if I hadn't paid for the first ticket would they allow me to board the plane, just because my ticket was confirmed and reserved. They almost made it sound that even the refund being offered on the second ticket was my good luck.

All this for $35 difference...wonder if the airlines think it was worth loosing the gratitude of their customers over a genuine case such as this. Just leaves a bad taste that although this was a genuine case (otherwise why offer to refund even one ticket), they chose to act in the manner they did. Actually a bit scared of flying with them now..if their call center was like this ...how would their ground staff be.

I would think twice before booking tickets with this airlines...at least through their website.

Thanks
Apurva M

Early returns program!

Don't bother with Frontier Airline's Early Return Program. They allow you to earn a lot of points but they don't give you anyway to use them. A round trip ticket with flexible dates is impossible to get and I don't know why they have Mexico as an option. What a joke, I regret ever flying with them. One-way tickets are possible but not likely.

• Na
    Nancy Hadam Aug 12, 2008

Use your miles-forget it. We tried to get information for months on when we could book our tickets to Alaska for next Spring. They continually told us to call back. This went on for two months. Finally, we gave up and tried to book our flights to New York in December and found that it was too late. Thanks to the misinformation from Frontier and the blackout dates, we had to purchase all of our tickets for both trips although we have 50, 000 miles. I wrote a letter to the Frontier CEO requesting resolution. We received a letter back thanking us for our "feedback". I have called the person who signed the letter, early returns, consumer affairs (which is really customer service) and the Administrative Assistant to the CEO. I've written another letter. I want a complete and just explanation of their bad service and a resolution to my problem. I am thoroughly disgusted with Frontier, am canceling my cards and transferring my miles.

• De
    degalelisa Oct 11, 2008

I've had the same problem without any resolution. I've even tried to book flights using my early return miles to some of the less popular cities Frontier flies to without any luck at all!!
    I'm wondering WHO has actually had luck successfully using their early retun miles?

Any info you can share about transferring your miles?

• Cr
    Cranman Aug 06, 2009

I agree with both comments. According to the Customer Service rep and the ticketing agent, if no designated Early Returns seats are available the website drops you back to the member log-in page, requiring re-entering ID #, password, departure city and date, destination city and date. Which takes minutes. Then it happens again with your modified query.

Even their ticket agents do the same thing if you are willing to pony up the $25 booking assistance fee.

The ticketing agent was unable to tell me when or where I could use my Early Returns miles, and gave up after trying 10 different options. It turns out that if you try to book several months out, it is no better because they have not released any seats for the frequent flier program until they have analyzed they won't be able to sell them.

So it would a genuine stroke of luck and would take a lot of effort to get a seat any where with their Early Returns program.
    It would seem that this program and their websites are designed to deny use of benefits. It is fraudulent.

• At
    At your own risk Sep 16, 2009

I've had Rewards points sitting around for over a year and can never find any flights. I tried to book eight months out and there are no seats. You can't book more than 320 days anyway, though in reality you just can't book anything. These are worthless. I hoped they could transfer to another airline, but MidWest doesn't exactly service California. Of course, if I tried to use them on that sole partner airline, I'm pretty familiar with the message that would come up. Don't they realize the ill will they are generating with this mileage program? Why don't they just pump swine flu virus into the air vents? It would be just about as effective a way to get customers to their planes. Good grief!

• El
    elam z Nov 30, 2009

I just spent several days working a couple of hours at a time trying to book a flight with Frontier Airlines to use my miles and got no where. What a waste of time. It makes more sense to just book a flight and pay the price. It was definitely not cost effective to spend over a dozen hours finding nothing. I cancelled my Master card and wrote an email to them complaining about this and someone emails me back and says: Thanks so much for contacting us. We appreciate your feedback! Blah, Blah, Blah but no help finding a way to use the @*(#$&$&^# miles!

Joel Furnace Sep 30, 2015

Does anyone have the email addresses for the upper management? If enough of us write them then maybe they might listen.

Terrible service!

Well i had bought a ticket in California were i live i went to mexico on vacation when i was ready to return home my flight was going to leave at 344pm, i got to the airport a little before 130pm. I stood in line and the security was taking a while to check luggage, when it came my turn the security told me to see the man at the desk. I went to talk to him he told me the window closes at 3pm i looked at the clock and it was 303 pm. He told me i had to fly the next day well i needed to get home so i had to buy a ticket on another airline to get home it cost me 400 dollars and i had to wait at the airport 8 hours. I tried to deal with FRONTIER AIRLINES but they want to pass the blame on security i went to the bbb and they still refuse to give me a full refund. I think if you want to fly and have customer service you should try another airline except Frontier Airlines or you could be out money and maybe stranded!

• Sc
    SCS Jun 04, 2009

Almost that exact thing happened to me!! Only it was from a customer service rep at the counter who ignored me for twenty minuets (I was the ONLY person there in line!) then by the time she had decided to help me it was literally 3 minuets too late! They forced me to fly out the next day along with a lot of other incredibly rude and unprofessional behavior. When I called customer service they told me I shouldn't have been late! I repeatedly told them I WASN'T LATE; that she was not doing her job and if she would have just helped me when I walked up to the line (or even 3 minuets before she did) I would have made my flight. I am appalled at their so called 'customer service' and business practices in general. If you want to be treated like a human being; I suggest you choose a different airline, I know I will.

Illegal activities

Frontiers Airlines charged my credit card without my authorization and denied seats on August 19,2007 flight...

No respect to passengers

I sincerely regret that I have to write this letter. I think it is my duty as a consumer to advise you of the events that occurred with your airline employees at McCarran International airport on June 25, 2006. This was, in all of my years of travel, the worst experience with an airline and its' personnel that I have ever had. In fact, it was undoubtedly my worst experience with any company in general let alone an airline. For the sake of the health of your organization I think it is vital that you be made aware of the gross mistreatment I received from your employees as well as their unreasonable enforcement of airline policy.

Sunday morning, at approximately 9:10a.m. I was 5 minutes late for the 45 minute check in that Frontier Airlines requires (though nowhere on my e-ticket did it say that). The ticket agent, a petite, young woman with blond hair named Kristin asked if I was on this flight to Denver. I told her yes, expecting her to try to help me make the flight as there was still 40 minutes left and this has happened to me before with other airlines. She flat out said, "You aren't getting on the plane." I told her light-heartedly that I was a fast walker but she refused. While remaining calm and friendly I asked her to please let me try to make my flight. She said, "NO, absolutely not." I have to mention that she did not smile, smirk, laugh or come close to breaking that death glare, pinched face, snippy voice at any time. She then said she was putting my bags on standby for the next flight and that I "MIGHT" be able to get on the standby flight with my bags. I thanked her and hurried to the gate.

So, I arrive at the gate in approximately 10-12 minutes and approach the ticket agent there. Richard Anderson (taller with salt and pepper hair and a beard) did not look pleased to see me. I, on the other hand was thrilled to see that the plane had NOT ARRIVED. I told him what happened and he started to slowly type some things on the computer and tell me what I already knew, which was that Kristen had not checked me in. I said, "Well I'm here now, so can you check me in now?" He sighed and heaved and started pecking at the keys again. I was perplexed as to why they still wouldn't let me on the flight (since I was there and since the plane was not). Again he told me he couldn't do anything.

I asked to speak to a manager and then he made a call and came back to me saying that the manager was Kristen from downstairs and that she WASN'T GOING TO HELP ME. Meanwhile the plane arrives and passengers begin deplaning. I again try to plead to Richards's rational side by saying that I was a paying customer who purchased a round trip ticket between Chicago Midway and Las Vegas and that I was here and ready and there was no real reason on God's green earth why I shouldn't be put on my flight.

Again, I'm subject to that vacant, vapid look that I will become so accustomed to in dealing with the McCarran Frontier ground crew. Richard asks if I had any bags. I told him that Kristen had put them on standby for the next flight. Richard seemed relieved by this and told me that I have to travel with my bags. Then he walked away. I couldn't leave as I was utterly stunned. I looked over to Richard and he was whispering behind a clipboard to the two young women who were taking boarding passes. They both shot me darting glances. I have a very hard time believing that hard fast rule of traveling with bags since I know from personal experience that that is not always the case.

As I waited there until MY plane was boarding, I tried to ask the other Frontier employees questions about why I could not get on the plane. One was a young African American girl with a head band and short braids, the other a woman of Latina descent and long brown hair, both appearing about 20-22. Neither of them would LOOK at me to answer any of my questions. They would either fiddle with some papers, type on the keyboard or simply WALK AWAY from me. I have to point out that I had yet to raise my voice beyond an excited "Please, please, can you let me on this plane?" I had not insulted, scowled, glared, condescended to, swore or anything that would peg me as a difficult or unmanageable passenger. Conversely, all of those things, swearing aside, had been done to me by multiple McCarran Frontier ground employees.

I notice a short African American man in glasses at the Frontier counter. I naively think he may be able to help me at least get bumped up the standby list and show me my options once I got to Denver. AGAIN I'm greeted with a sigh and a glare. I have been flying on a regular basis for 30 years and I know how to deal with customer service people. It is annoying enough to have a customer service representative who does their job and does what is in the best interest of the customer but may be sort of rude about it, but it is a complete travesty to have someone who is both unhelpful and does not meet the minimum requirements of being able to communicate with human beings.

I explained my plight as quickly as I could. He said he couldn't tell if I would get on standby until that flight was closed. He went on to say that he couldn't guarantee me a seat on the flight from Denver to Chicago and there were only two seats left. The only way to guarantee is to buy a one-way ticket from Denver to Chicago. He told me it would cost $225. I gave him my card wanting desperately to get home. So he typed away for literally 10 minutes, not really answering my questions.

A major line had formed behind me. The gentleman still typed away and would not make eye contact to answer any of my mom's or her friend Mike's (who coincidentally had just landed in Las Vegas) questions. None of us can really believe that I hadn't been allowed to board the plane in the first place even though I beat it to the gate. Finally the gentleman said that while we've been standing here the ticket price had gone up to $409!!!! I nearly threw up. We were stuck between a rock and a hard place. We were given no options, no help and not even ONE apology the throughout this entire ordeal. While the gentleman is unapologetically taking my mother's money, Richard Anderson walks back up to the counter and asks with a smirk if I'm feeling better. I actually said, "No, not really, but my mom's here. Thank you for asking."

We stood there waiting to see if I would be getting on this next flight. We were ready to have them go get my bags off the flight if they weren't going to let me on, though I've never seen that happen. They did say I couldn't travel without them all the while saying that I may not get on this flight. The gentleman did call my name; I thanked him as I grabbed my boarding pass. I kissed my mom and hugged Mike and boarded the plane.

My seat is in the emergency row. The flight attendant stops and asks If I'm comfortable sitting in the exit row. I tell her, "I can't wait." She starts laughing. The next thing you know I see her coming back down the aisle with the African American gentleman from the Frontier counter behind her. I hear her asking people in the seats around me if they wouldn't mind switching seats with me. I was extremely confused. I'd just told her I was happy to be in the emergency row. The gentleman directly in front of me said he'd switch. So I got up to switch with him. I joked to the man next to me that, "They don't trust me." The flight attendant smiled and laughed and told me, "That's not it." The African American man then loudly announced, "YOU'VE HAD A BIT TO DRINK."

I have never in my life been so stunned, humiliated and enraged all at the same time. I sat down and bowed my head because I knew everyone on this full plane was staring at me. Still, as I type this, I really cannot believe that it actually happened. I had now been completely publicly humiliated by a representative of the company to which I had paid over $600.00 for horrible services.

The flight attendant came back and offered to buy my Direct TV for me. I pursed my lips with my head still down and shook my head no. She came back again during beverage service and knelt down and said how sorry she was that that had happened. That the African American man thought he smelled alcohol on me. Given that this was Las Vegas I'd bet that the majority of the people on the plane smelled like alcohol. I'd been out until 4:00am and I knew my mouth tasted stale, I knew I maybe smelled, but I also new that I was not drunk. The flight attendant actually argued with the gentleman and said that when she'd talked to me, in no way did she think I was the least bit drunk. I explained that regardless of the night before I was most certainly not drunk now. She told me that she, "…didn't know what went on out there with him but thought it was weird."

I didn't think it was weird. I thought that it was perfectly consistent with how I'd been treated up to this point. I was confused because several times I have flown with people who were actually drunk and the flight crew handled them with complete discretion, never even uttering the word "drunk".

I have traveled with Frontier for several years. I love the fares, the flight crew has always been friendly and I'm a sucker for the animals on the tail. I prefer to spend my money at smaller airlines as opposed to the monster conglomerates. However, this experience has saddened me to the fullest extent. No other passenger should ever experience the rudeness, the unreasonable policies, lack of compassion, defamation of character in a public forum, false accusations and slander. I hope that you take proper action against these employees. I trust that your human resources department can identify the people that I have written about based on the details I have provided. If you have further questions I implore you to contact me via phone or email.

My first instinct was to sue for slander for accusing me of drinking in front of a plan full of people, though it would be near impossible to show damages. What I would like out of this ordeal first and foremost is an apology. Second, I would like to have the money refunded from the ticket that I purchased to guarantee me a seat from Denver to Chicago. I have enclosed a copy of my receipt. Considering I had already purchased a roundtrip ticket, I would think that they could have used the money from the portion of the flight that I had already purchased and put it toward the change. They did not do that and it cost me over $600.00 to fly roundtrip from Chicago to Vegas. Third, I would like you to seriously consider that every single McCarran Frontier ground employee that I mentioned be severely reprimanded and/or terminated. Their actions were inexcusable and I highly doubt that I have been, or will be the only customer treated in the manner in which they treated me. Kristen, the manager, had her mind made up from the get go that she was in no way going to help me. I should have taken a clue from the unpleasant way in which she dealt with the woman and her two children in front of me and the woman behind me.

If I were you I would be ashamed, embarrassed and totally intolerant of the manner in which your staff has treated their paying customers. I have noticed a steady decline in service from airlines across the board. Please tell me that you will not allow people like this to drag down the Frontier name and further tarnish the industry as a whole. It would be refreshing to see an airline take responsibility for the actions of their employees and to ensure that their passengers are treated with the respect and helpfulness that they not only deserve, but that they have paid for.

Thank you for reading.

Kerri
Chicago, IL

Company details:
Frontier Airlines Flight 772 from Las Vegas, NV to Denver, CO.

• Mm
    MM600 Jun 12, 2010

I completely agree and that sounds terrible. I had a similar experieince with an attended named Amanda in Denver at the Frontier gate. However, Amanda actually cursed at me and about me as I walked away. I was also forced to purchase a new ticket at full price to get on the plane and Frontier refuses to refund. STAY AWAY from FRONTIER AIRLINES at all costs unless you want a huge headache later. The absolute worst experience I have received from any company in my lifetime.

• Mr
    mrpwrp Sep 05, 2011

I had a similar experience with not only the agents at McCarran but the agents on the phone. I have never been treated as badly as I was by them and all for a mistake that one employee admitted was theirs. Their online system had a "glitch" which returned my payment as NSF when in fact they had charged me but over charged me! I was stuck in Las Vegas 2 extra days and had held up my husband and a crew of 9 men for those days on top of leaving one of my friends stranded at our destination for more than a day because I was her ride. Not to mention the almost $1000 we had to pay for hotels. Still no apology or offer for compensation. I will though be calling everyday, several times a day if need be until I am refunded my money. I will not accept anything else because due to this experience with their unbelievably rude agents and the stealing of my belongings from TSA agents I will never fly again!

• Cy
    Cynthia mcrdle Mar 08, 2020

I missed my flight to a funeral yesterday there were no Final borarding call. I need a refund so I can make it to Jackson ms please assist me